Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 83. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101
I really appreciate the help mate but it still didn't work and the only reason I can think of is my .conf file supposed to be named Opal.conf or Opalcoin.conf?

Ok, well this is weird.

The correct name is Opalcoin.conf - unless I'm very badly mistaken, which does happen sometimes although rarely. Grin

So you're using Windows, right? And found the folder I was referring to earlier?

You could try adding the seed nodes by their IP addresses:

addnode=192.99.111.227
addnode=198.50.151.86
addnode=5.196.226.54
addnode=5.196.29.188

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
This may sound really stupid but what is a random string? Just any combinations of numbers I determine? like 123456?

Not a stupid question at all - "random string" is nerd talk. =D

And yes, just a combination of characters - preferably numbers and big and small letters, i.e. N8VKFmGcqY84Brsrb5Nt

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Does it have to have letters and numbers? because I just chose 123456 lol
Well I would have to create a brand new conf file so if you could post that for me then and I'll add the other nodes with it and we can see if that works k Smiley Because I've deleted everything OPAL off my computer

Ok. Here's a sample opalcoin.conf file for you:

==================================================
daemon=1
dnsseed=1

server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=opalcoinrpc
rpcpassword=ChangeThisToARandomString

addnode=seeds.altcoin.center
addnode=seeds.altcoin.eu
addnode=seeds.altcoin.us

The location of the file depends on which operating system you're using.

If it's windows 7 or 8, then the file would be located at

C:\Users\YourUserAccount\AppData\Roaming\Opalcoin

The AppData folder is hidden so you'll have to go to the View tab in Windows File Explorer and make sure the Hidden items checkbox is checked in order to see the folder.

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
I really appreciate the help mate but it still didn't work and the only reason I can think of is my .conf file supposed to be named Opal.conf or Opalcoin.conf?
didn't work either way I tried my friend but I do appreciate the advice and help Smiley I will just forget the staking of the coin because I don't have as much as I used to have so it is pointless to stake them really anyways Smiley Cheers
This may sound really stupid but what is a random string? Just any combinations of numbers I determine? like 123456?

Not a stupid question at all - "random string" is nerd talk. =D

And yes, just a combination of characters - preferably numbers and big and small letters, i.e. N8VKFmGcqY84Brsrb5Nt

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Well I would have to create a brand new conf file so if you could post that for me then and I'll add the other nodes with it and we can see if that works k Smiley Because I've deleted everything OPAL off my computer

daemon=1
dnsseed=1

server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=opalcoinrpc

addnode=seeds.altcoin.eu
addnode=seeds.altcoin.us

The AppData folder is hidden so you'll have to go to the View tab in Windows File Explorer and make sure the Hidden items checkbox is checked in order to see the folder.

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

daemon=1
dnsseed=1

server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=opalcoinrpc

addnode=seeds.altcoin.eu
addnode=seeds.altcoin.us

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center

daemon=1
dnsseed=1

server=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=opalcoinrpc

addnode=seeds.altcoincenter.eu
addnode=seeds.altcoincenter.us

Yours,

Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
When I download it and open it up it says 0 connections and won't sync?? I don't know why it won't because before I downloaded that malicious link I had a perfectly working OPAL wallet

The malicious version of the wallet apparently had some additional seed servers ("addnodes") hard-coded into it.

Do you know how to create/edit the opalcoin.conf file?

If you do, just add these lines to it and then restart your wallet:

addnode=seeds.altcoin.eu
addnode=seeds.altcoin.us

If you need assistance in locating or creating the file, please let me know which operating system you're using and I'll walk you through the process. =)

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
When I download it and open it up it says 0 connections and won't sync?? I don't know why it won't because before I downloaded that malicious link I had a perfectly working OPAL wallet

The malicious version of the wallet apparently had some additional seed servers ("addnodes") hard-coded into it.

Do you know how to create/edit the opalcoin.conf file?

If you do, just add these lines to it and then restart your wallet:

addnode=seeds.altcoincenter.eu
addnode=seeds.altcoincenter.us

addnode=192.99.111.227
addnode=198.50.151.86
addnode=5.196.226.54
addnode=5.196.29.188

If you need assistance in locating or creating the file, please let me know which operating system you're using and I'll walk you through the process. =)

- Jyri
--
Altcoin.Center
Well I've been slowly accumulating my OPAL again when the price dips but I still can't get a wallet which sucks because I wanted to stake my coins but that's alright I'll just keep them on the exchange until I can figure out the wallet thing lol Cheers Smiley

stakemybit.com is a stakking webwallet
and I can move my OPAL there and they will stake there?

yes
Well thank you good sir I will be sure to check that out once my OPAL collection is complete.  I still have a few buys that need some filling Wink
Activity: 728
Well I've been slowly accumulating my OPAL again when the price dips but I still can't get a wallet which sucks because I wanted to stake my coins but that's alright I'll just keep them on the exchange until I can figure out the wallet thing lol Cheers Smiley

yes

Can you describe your wallet problem in some more detail?

-j.
--
Altcoin.Center
Simple I download the wallet directly from the opal-coin.com site and when I open it there is 0 connections and when I go to the help in debug mode it says that it is shadowcoin? Any ideas?
I'll try downloading it right now and tell you exactly what it says k
Activity: 728

-j.
--
Altcoin.Center
Simple I download the wallet directly from the opal-coin.com site and when I open it there is 0 connections and when I go to the help in debug mode it says that it is shadowcoin? Any ideas?
I'll try downloading it right now and tell you exactly what it says k

-j.
--
Altcoin.Center

-j.
--
Altcoin.Center
Altcoin.Center in co-operation with F-Secure & OPAL hereby announce the availability of

F-Secure Safe anti-malware subscriptions using OPAL

Despite it's relatively young age, the crypto currency scene has already faced several malware based attacks.

False wallets with built-in coin- and password stealing trojans are a reality.

Users of all crypto currencies must have means to protect their valuables against theaves and forgeries.

As one of the first fruits of the ongoing co-operation between Altcoin.Center, F-Secure and OPAL, we are happy and proud to announce the availability of the F-Secure Safe anti-malware software using OPAL as a payment method.

Read the full announcement at https://altcoin.center/safe/

~ ~ ~ Happy new year! ~ ~ ~

Happy New Year and may the upcoming year bring you success and many new ventures Wink
Pages:
Jump to: