Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO | bitsquare.io | cryptopia | Yobit - page 85. (Read 383407 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

More Gemlock information is coming very soon, as soon as we finish talks with a major company we are collaborating with
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
well i sold this way too early

i hate when that happens lol, but hey, trade/buy some more up slowly and maybe you be rewarded months down the line. ive done this before, patience is key  Wink

It's in the 3k sats range right now.

If you're looking for a good time to buy... it's now.

When the volume comes back to Opal after the holidays, you won't see a 3k price again. Just remember this price... you'll be kicking yourself for not buying up while you can.
Gemlock.io information coming soon
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
FLAT OUT!!!

i hate when that happens lol, but hey, trade/buy some more up slowly and maybe you be rewarded months down the line. ive done this before, patience is key  Wink
Activity: 706
https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout
Activity: 266
Activity: 308

Last time i tried malwarebytes here, i had no one conflict.

Now i think if you don't have the time to deal with comodo, sandbox stay the best solution for you (and it's a good solution)

For me comodo is just the best solution, if you are the maestro (HIPS paranoid mode + Firewall custom setting) no one noob hacker will be able to hit you. Less than 6mo in memory for the best public protection in the world, what else?  Cool

Also, Wikileaks revealed that the governments are not able to bypass comodo.  Cool

Ignore my comments on Comodo firewall i experienced issues due to the security suite (FW+AV+Help+Browser): and for the issue with comodo firewall, it came from the trial version of MBAM or Comodo Firewall, so it was just a MBAM/Comodo firewall setting issue.
Ok, comodo is a great firewall, maybe the best one for people who knows how to set it. But it is not the best public protection in the world (tools like BSK Crypter and more generally the Metasploit framework can bypass standard/half-advanced Comodo (and others firewalls) settings): the best protection must involve user's web behaviour. Especially when the user is not an expert.

My last purpose was to educate people who dont know the basics and the rules of the Internet. Smiley
Activity: 535
Merit: 267

Very usefull, +rep.
In addition to that install Comodo Firewall (best one imho) and use your browser in sandboxed mode (http://www.sandboxie.com/) whilst surfing on unknown sites, you'll avoid most malwares as well.
Also, Noscript, adblock plus, disconnect and cookie monster are great firefox addon to be installed.

Thanks goodgirls,

Yes a sandbox is a very good thing too: soon Firefox will have its own free sandbox plug-in.
I am not a fan of Comodo Firewall as i experienced some issues with Malwarebytes.
Disconnect is a cool plug-in (Disconnect must be added first, then add Noscript)

Last time i tried malwarebytes here, i had no one conflict.

Now i think if you don't have the time to deal with comodo, sandbox stay the best solution for you (and it's a good solution)

For me comodo is just the best solution, if you are the maestro (HIPS paranoid mode + Firewall custom setting) no one noob hacker will be able to hit you. Less than 6mo in memory for the best public protection in the world, what else?  Cool

Also, Wikileaks revealed that the governments are not able to bypass comodo.  Cool

Very usefull, +rep.
In addition to that install Comodo Firewall (best one imho) and use your browser in sandboxed mode (http://www.sandboxie.com/) whilst surfing on unknown sites, you'll avoid most malwares as well.
Also, Noscript, adblock plus, disconnect and cookie monster are great firefox addon to be installed.

Thanks goodgirls,

Yes a sandbox is a very good thing too: soon Firefox will have its own free sandbox plug-in.
I am not a fan of Comodo Firewall as i experienced some issues with Malwarebytes.
Disconnect is a cool plug-in (Disconnect must be added first, then add Noscript)
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Not the fastet way, but the safest: format your drive and reinstall your OS.  Smiley

The best thing to do is to have a good web behaviour:
Otherwise, once you "cleaned" your computer, you will catch/bring back malwares from your (or your friend's) USB flash drive or from an external hard drive, from a PDF document, from an infected website, from a link in a website or a mail....

Once your computer is clean: please apply these rules:

-1 never click anywhere, obviously on unknown message or box telling you "your computer is slow/infected/corrupted".

-2 never click on a url or a link embedded in an email, except for the confirmation email you just received from a log in.

-3 never open any attached doc in an email: download it, and scan it with your Antivirus.
(see part 6)

-4 never use a kind of computer/booster software except CCleaner: piriform.com/ccleaner

-5 use Mozilla Firefox, it is more secure than others, (note: if you used Chrome before, i suggest you to uninstall it as Chrome slows Firefox !!!), never record password with your browser.

-6 scan each downloads you make with your antivirus (except maybe windows update): dont scan the .zip or .rar file: extract them first AND scan the extracted folders.

-7 always make your updates: Windows update, Firefox update, Adobe Flash & Acrobat update, but also Java and Silverlight's update.

-8 full-scan your computer with Malwarebytes, under safe mode, each half-month, or if you feel your computer is very slow plug your USB flash drive and start a complete scan.
    -open the start menu (the windows flag for windows 8 )
    -type: msconfig.exe then press Enter.
    -click the "Boot" Tab and choose "Safe boot", choose "Minimal" then click "ok" and " then "restart".
    -Quarantine all the stuff you find except maybe your Cgminer, Sgminer, cudaminer software. if you find a Backdoor, a Trojan or a worm: Change all your password (use different passwords for each tools/forum/mail).
    -After the scan, open the start menu (the windows flag for windows 8 ) and type: msconfig.exe then press Enter.
     click the "Boot" Tab and uncheck Safe boot, then select "Make all boot settings permanent".
     then click "ok", then "yes" (on the poped-up system configuration windows) and " then "restart".

-9 (optional but very useful) install Noscript (only for Firefox), in order to block Javascript, Flash or Silverlight, download: noscript.net/
                                             tips for the settings: ghacks.net/2014/02/10/firefox-noscript-guide-waiting/
                                                                          ghacks.net/2013/05/25/top-5-noscript-features-that-you-may-not-know-about/
you need to whitelist your trusted website, right click on the "S" of noscript (upper left corner of your browser) and left-click "allow exampleyourtrustedwebsite.com
                                                        tip: a middle click on the "S" of noscript Allow temporarily the website you visit.

-10 for Laptops: turn off the bluetooth connection: Click Menu Start ->Control Panel-> Network and Internet, then click "Network and Sharing Center" (on the left column of the Network and Sharing Center)
                                                                              then click on "Change adapter settings" Right click "Bluetooth Network Connection", select "Disable".

If you apply these rules, on a clean computer: it will be very safe ! Wink
Activity: 782
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Reboot using F8 and select safe mode with networking.
Run Malwarebytes. Be sure to update it's database.
It's likely to remove the malware for you.

ps   I would be VERY happy to contribute to a bounty to catch the hacker.  Grin

We've got some leads.  Please put your bounty towards the victims if possible Smiley
I thought you already had the hacker and worked out some sort of deal with him? Or am I mistaken?
Oh and thanks by the way for another way to try and fix this problem that I'm having getting a working wallet Smiley
I was playing around with the wallet and I believe i created the first ever multisig tx with opal

http://blockexperts.com/opal/tx/f7102cc9b8a655fbeeb7d789166437e201e496b00df2ccb96f20d43d96436e76

We've got some leads.  Please put your bounty towards the victims if possible Smiley
I thought you already had the hacker and worked out some sort of deal with him? Or am I mistaken?

Activity: 295

Okay fair enough but what the hell is an OS? Operating System? I'm that illiterate when it comes to computers guys for really
read this again! Wink
Or read this: OS is your operating system, like Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, Linux or Mac OSX.  Wink

Ya I was kind of able to Matlock that one together myself after I actually thought about it lol
Great!  Grin
So reinstall is the safest and also the cheapest way to get back a fresh OS with a functional Opal wallet.
Maybe you think about it...  Wink
Well actually what I just did was leave the OPAL wallet I was able to download on my old laptop and just transfer the coins that I buy to that address and let them stake there lol It was way easier that way lol but would still hope that the OPALTEAM could look into the issue of the wallet that I download straight from their website saying that stuff about it being shadowcoin

Shadowcoin was from our old code, it's been fixed now
The wallet on the website has been fixed? I'm going to delete everything OPAL off my computer and then I'm going to try and download the wallet again Smiley
Okay fair enough but what the hell is an OS? Operating System? I'm that illiterate when it comes to computers guys for really
read this again! Wink
Or read this: OS is your operating system, like Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP, Linux or Mac OSX.  Wink

Ya I was kind of able to Matlock that one together myself after I actually thought about it lol
Great!  Grin
So reinstall is the safest and also the cheapest way to get back a fresh OS with a functional Opal wallet.
Maybe you think about it...  Wink
Well actually what I just did was leave the OPAL wallet I was able to download on my old laptop and just transfer the coins that I buy to that address and let them stake there lol It was way easier that way lol but would still hope that the OPALTEAM could look into the issue of the wallet that I download straight from their website saying that stuff about it being shadowcoin

Shadowcoin was from our old code, it's been fixed now
Activity: 295
Thanks bassguitarman. Do you know if Malwarebytes removes the key logger? If not, maybe a clean install of OS has to be done.  Smiley

Good cleanup routine:

Boot into safe mode after downloading all these. Then run in this order. Run rkill each boot.

Rkill: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/

TDSSKiller: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/tdsskiller/dl/4/

ADWare Cleaner: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/dl/125/

Junkware Removal Tool: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/dl/131/

Combo Fix: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/dl/12/ (Do not run this from remote session. It will kill your remote control.)

After all that, still in safe boot run a full scan of Mbam: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/dl/7/

That should remove everything. Make sure to reboot between each cleaning and remove/quarantine all items. If you need assistance I am on @opalcoin nightly, EST.

The above cleaned my machine. Worth a try otherwise you have to clean install OS or restore from a backup.
My Opal wallet says "shadowcoin is downloading blocks'. Some work still needed there guys.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: