Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] PHO Photon blake256- MERGE MINE 6 COINS- NO PREMINE - POW ONLY 4+ YRS - page 21. (Read 99194 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
This is great!!! If everybody puts there time and effort into this coin its will Go to the moon. I already contacted the dev and cinnamon so i'm hoping to get a response soon. If you also want to contact them youre welcome it give's them even more reason to join us. I will also be investing monthly because this project has great potential. Keep up the good work and join us on telegram. Photon to the moon!!!
https://t.me/photon19
Activity: 27
This is what we need! Let the people with the right skills do what they do best. Let the DEV team do code and not worry about things they should not have to concern themselves with. No one has time to do it full time but if everyone puts a little effort in we'll make something happen with this momentum we have now. That being said the only thing I have to bring to the table is Money. What's it going to cost us for a good looking website?

Any good bloggers/writers in the community that can keep the website content updated and fresh? We need someone who can get the latest from the Dev and social media data and keep the website content fresh. Lets put this team together and make this happen!
Activity: 27
Count me in!! I will be purchasing massive amounts monthly to help this thing get on plain and I'll hold for five years minimum; that's my commitment. I don't want the charts to look like a pump but rather slow continuous growth. What else can I do to help?
Activity: 211
Merit: 119
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
Hello my fellow Photon supporters.
Me and a team of other investers want to make this coin great. We would like to bring all photon suporters together so we can share information, help each other, make profits together and most importantly have fun.
We started a telegram group with people joining in everyday. We want to Let people notice this special coin and understand why these kind of coins will Be the future. Please join us.

Sound good Sir!

You can reach out to Dev on twitter @PhotonCoin and/or @cinnamon_carter with you idea's.
As this is an open source community all efforts are welcomed  Wink

Activity: 2
Hello my fellow Photon supporters.
Me and a team of other investers want to make this coin great. We would like to bring all photon suporters together so we can share information, help each other, make profits together and most importantly have fun.
We started a telegram group with people joining in everyday. We want to Let people notice this special coin and understand why these kind of coins will Be the future. Please join us.
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
I have a suggestion: Make a youtube video where we use Photon to get an SSL cert for blakecoin.com and show how fast and easy it transacts... Wink

But seriously... Blakecoin.com needs an SSL cert. Photon just shot up like what 1600%? If the coin wants to attract miners, support non-merged mining direct to wallet addresses (no login necessary), or get a cert so they don't have to submit login creds in clear-text to join the pool... just move the pool web sites to blakecoin.org, problem solved.

Why pay when SSL Certs are free.

You can already Solo mine to wallets, just set up a local stratum server and your good to go!  Cool

I don't know why you would want to solo, when you could mine six coins with the same hash rate  Grin

yes SSL is free and is incoming to *.blakecoin.com I use a multiple server setup(more resilient to DDOS) so things with letsencrypt get bit more complicated for renewal of the ssl cert(90 days) but good news Wildcard Certificates Coming January 2018 which makes it easier for me so sometime in January 2018 expect some downtime while things are configured  Cool

** note ssl does add a server load overhead as well as being a PITA to setup for mutli server
*** very few people supported John's Merged mined Anon NOMP pool when it was running so no plans to support "mining direct to wallet addresses (no login necessary)"  Cry

I would not switch pools to blakecoin.org domain as it would be via proxy in a multi server setup which is then prime for DDOS attacks which would not be ideal, currently each pools is totally isolated apart from the public connection, the DNS provider is resilient to attacks so should always resolve each server means an attacker needs to at least take out all 3 pools or DNS and not a single proxy server  

currently I think the risk of mitm between you and site are low(if your using your own pc/laptop/device) and stratum is not encrypted even when site is so hmm worker will always be weak, saying that most of the issues of accounts being hijacked and details changed over the years have come from username/password reuse between many sites(many pools) which imho is far greater risk!!! yet so many do this  Undecided

• please be sensible and use different passwords between sites
  • dont store coins on pools use own wallets
  • helpful to use different pins per pool as an extra security
  • stratum is not encrypted so workers are at risk of mitm for most pools and most miner software not just blakecoin.com!!! *even if pool site frontend uses ssl  Shocked

of course if you dont like way I run stuff welcome to use other pools or run your own private merge mine pool (setup info here) the choice is up to you  Smiley
Activity: 211
Merit: 119
Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.
I have a suggestion: Make a youtube video where we use Photon to get an SSL cert for blakecoin.com and show how fast and easy it transacts... Wink

But seriously... Blakecoin.com needs an SSL cert. Photon just shot up like what 1600%? If the coin wants to attract miners, support non-merged mining direct to wallet addresses (no login necessary), or get a cert so they don't have to submit login creds in clear-text to join the pool... just move the pool web sites to blakecoin.org, problem solved.

Why pay when SSL Certs are free.

You can already Solo mine to wallets, just set up a local stratum server and your good to go!  Cool

I don't know why you would want to solo, when you could mine six coins with the same hash rate  Grin
Activity: 40
Merit: 1
This coin could be the leader of the Blake coins if anybody thinks of ways to improve it.

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
... Sucks you didn't get to take advantage of that massive run up but looks like it's holding strong in the upper 50 litoshi range. ...

I still have some left. Fifty litoshis is one satoshi and I'll try to support it as things allow. If litecoin holds around 0.02 and btc spends a few more weeks consolidating under 20k then things should go well. This coin could be the leader of the Blake coins if anybody thinks of ways to improve it.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
Thanks for the breakdown PeterTheGrape. Sucks you didn't get to take advantage of that massive run up but looks like it's holding strong in the upper 50 litoshi range.  I too sold far too many of these before this run-up.  Previous mention by new account mentioned trying to push this thing to 1 satoshi per and getting it listed on the BTC market.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
...  Can you provide some examples of where photon's are currently being used in these games? Also, subsequently looking at the price pretty much make all of my prepared points look pretty ridiculous as its hard to argue with this kind of price bump :/

Hopefully this doesn't ultimately end in tears for those invested and I'm just a moron for thinking this was essentially an abandoned coin.

Keepin an eye on this one.

Question was not addressed to me but I'll give an answer.

1) Photon and several other coins are an ecosystem in themselves. If you research a bit you will find the other coins and some of the ways they connect.

2) One thing that sets this group of coins apart, in my opinion and others have said this too, is that there are bare minimum standards of ethics with the coins in this network. An outside dev could make a coin that goes with this group, but if it has unacceptable shortcuts then the more savvy people would not consider it a core part of the network.

3) This particular coin, Photon, seems kind of overpriced compared to the other coins. More accurately, this group of coins seems very cheap, but Photon is the least cheap right now. Might be a bit of sour grapes as I sold part of my stash right before the run up, but I don't know a reason why this would be the most expensive coin in the group, aside it has a better sounding name.

4) One thing that started with this group of coins earlier than other coins was people trying to be involved on their own with improving the coins or doing something on their own. I do not know, but I would guess that the Photon dev does not know Bluedragon in person, but was simply a person who decided to do something on their own without being asked.

add
One of the most significant things in coins a few years ago, in my opinion, was Blaketrader, which was somebody making a sort of automated way to exchange coins in this group. That idea started before there were even a lot of exchanges like there are now, and before there was really talk about decentralized exchanges. That is the best example of somebody seeing a project that improves the ecosystem and doing it on their own.

Another point
Obviously the wallet link above is good, but generally when somebody wants to know which wallet to use a good idea is to look on the network and see 1) what is the latest wallet and 2) what is the most used wallet. In this case go to the network tab https://chainz.cryptoid.info/pho/#!network and you see 6 different wallets with "/Photon:0.8.9.6/" the most used and latest.
Activity: 15
Guys,
i cant wait for this anymore, we need to get this coin back on the road!!

I have invested in Photon some time ago and the potential is just enormous, much better than most coins out there.

I really want to contribute to this project moving forward. Lets bring this coin back on the table.

I am working on a website for this coin ATM. I will do design and marketing.

1. goal is to make it tradeable against BTC, i see price is 0.1 satoshi, thats a joke. 10 satoshi should be a easy starting target.

Around 90 Billion coins max is actually a propper usable amount for a cryptocurrency, this should be a top 100 coin! 20 Billion mined so far. 70 Billion to go! Great, interesting for most!

My vision in the next 2-3 years is 10 cent -1$ per coin. The Cryptomarket will in coming years be @ 10000 billion usd.

Just to give you an example: I invested in Verge back when it was at 440k usd cap, now its valued at more than 1.9 Billion usd!! I experienced a whopping 480000% gain.

As someone in here said, a coin that is well made will get what it deserves eventually. Lets get it rolling then!!

Any devs that wants to join in and support this? Who is with me?

Photon revival discord: https://discord.gg/afRmGnv

Regards,
Fido

Hey Guys!

Hope you woke up with some christmas presents ( i did, if you get it! )

"1. goal is to make it tradeable against BTC, i see price is 0.1 satoshi, thats a joke. 10 satoshi should be a easy starting target."

We reached our first goal! PHOTON is finally @ 1 satoshi!!

Now lets get it listed as BTC/PHO!

Regards,
Fido
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
Wow 5x today. Any idea who is pumping??
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!

Maybe we can get North Korea to make a hardware wallet for Photon?

nah North Korea wants you to keep All of Your Coins At Exchanges so they can hack em  

Doesn't look like anything much happening on github repo for this coin (surprise surprise)...

and your github pull request to this open source project are... Oh wait you have not made any silly me  Roll Eyes

Me or Cinnamon could merge changes if you actually did something rather than being busy with thought exercises while sipping your Mai Thais Shocked

The whole crypto scene is a Toxic Dev Environment and people wonder why devs go awol on genuine OSS projects well mostly think its down to this type of attitude(expecting stuff without you actually doing anything to help) and fact that it costs money to run/maintain a stable network *oh you thought running a network for years was free oh my   Cheesy

just wish I had the free time to drink wine or Mai Thais without a care in the world fact is I dont nor have I had a holiday in over 4 years  Embarrassed

we are also missing the usual hacks and scams quite a lot of the 2014 alt coins dont even have working blockchains or stable hashrate   Lips sealed

Guys,
i cant wait for this anymore, we need to get this coin back on the road!!

I have invested in Photon some time ago and the potential is just enormous, much better than most coins out there.

I really want to contribute to this project moving forward. Lets bring this coin back on the table.

I am working on a website for this coin ATM. I will do design and marketing.

1. goal is to make it tradeable against BTC, i see price is 0.1 satoshi, thats a joke. 10 satoshi should be a easy starting target.

Around 90 Billion coins max is actually a propper usable amount for a cryptocurrency, this should be a top 100 coin! 20 Billion mined so far. 70 Billion to go! Great, interesting for most!

My vision in the next 2-3 years is 10 cent -1$ per coin. The Cryptomarket will in coming years be @ 10000 billion usd.

Just to give you an example: I invested in Verge back when it was at 440k usd cap, now its valued at more than 1.9 Billion usd!! I experienced a whopping 480000% gain.

As someone in here said, a coin that is well made will get what it deserves eventually. Lets get it rolling then!!

Any devs that wants to join in and support this? Who is with me?

Photon revival discord: https://discord.gg/afRmGnv

Regards,
Fido

This is more like it but you should reach out to cinnamon she is not awol just bit busy irl best bet is via twitter *dont think cinnamon does discord/skype/teamspeak

Sound good Sir!

You can reach out to Dev on twitter @PhotonCoin and/or @cinnamon_carter with you idea's.
As this is an open source community all efforts are welcomed  Wink

well said   Grin
lmao..not so thinly veiled insult wrapped in a suggestion!  nice one sir! 

Funny thing is I wasn't aware that good portion of your use-case's where closed source gaming tx's (if true, are there any plans to ultimately release this or going to remain closed?).  Can you provide some examples of where photon's are currently being used in these games? Also, subsequently looking at the price pretty much make all of my prepared points look pretty ridiculous as its hard to argue with this kind of price bump :/

Hopefully this doesn't ultimately end in tears for those invested and I'm just a moron for thinking this was essentially an abandoned coin.

Keepin an eye on this one.
Activity: 39
Hi, to mine Photon, do u use 8 rnd or 14 rnd?
Activity: 45
Its not abandoned  Grin

for site see here

Oh, thank you very much mate. Going to check!
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Its not abandoned  Grin

for site see here

Edit:
just updated the dates just so you cant say its not been done or no dev etc etc bla bla
https://github.com/photonproject/photon

Merry Christmas Everyone Great to see Photon getting some love  Kiss

Edit2:
Reason for few updates it that it works really well as is, I have been working on new rebase(core 12-15) for awhile but its not stable yet need to put more hours in just between game dev and work not had time  Embarrassed

my current build chain is setup for newer core as that is what I have been testing so no plans for new build on old build chain unless necessary as it is a bit of a PITA to setup  Tongue
Activity: 45
Yes, but I think that Photon is not a scam, because it is old currency here..  So we will se

Definitely not scam. Just abandoned I would say.
Pages:
Jump to: