Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Snowballs | ONE MORE HARD FORK to BALLS 2.0.2 | BALLS/MMXIV Market OPEN - page 72. (Read 257518 times)

Activity: 471
Merit: 500
havent staked since feb 9th, i have about 96k coins , any reason why?
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
If I may ask. I know balls rewards where changed to a min stake of I think from 24 hrs to about 8.8 days. Can you tell us with the upcoming forked if the min stake age will be changed and what to?

Back to 24 hours. It will stake as often as it did before, but the amounts will be different
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
If I may ask. I know balls rewards where changed to a min stake of I think from 24 hrs to about 8.8 days. Can you tell us with the upcoming forked if the min stake age will be changed and what to?

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
What the fuck happened to BALLS?

There is a sea of garabge which must be waded through daily. Why pick one coin over another? At this stage of the game, it's a crap shoot. What many people consider the end game, mass adoption, as the ultimate goal, there is a growing number of investors that see the negatives of such exposure. Let's use a company like Overstock. Now I know they just started offering employees salary in Bitcoin, which is exactly what needs to be done. Accepting Bitcoin as payment is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but when large corporations simply take these profits and dump to fiat to pay employees, bills, and taxes, they start doing more harm than good. There are enough people focused on merchant and mass adoption. It's a saturated market that only a few will thrive in. This is a very important step for the community as a whole or there will never be new cash flow into cryptos. I am not anti-adoption, but that is not the only channel for profit. This is where high staking chains come into play

While others grind to be the top merchant token, there is a new wave of coins, such as MMXIV, BALLS, and 10k, that aim to be a hedge against flailing Bitcoin prices. While Bitcoin struggles to find a true price, our coins have held steady. Even in a falling market, high stake combats the falling per coin price. Every day staking increases your personal holdings of the entire network by percentage. Network inflation will NEVER be higher than personal staking gains. Which brings me back to the original point. What to do with BALLS. The staking protocol switch obviously did not go over well. So do we ignore the problem and move on? Definitely not. Very soon we will be doing a coin swap for BALLS to a new chain. It will be a 1:1 swap on a reputable exchange (TBD where). The reason for not forking the current chain is simple; the changes are far too drastic and won't work well with what we already have

Blocks will be extremely fast. I've already proven with MMXIV and 10k that these chains are both quick and unattackable. BALLS needs to be brought up to the same level of speed and security as the other two. So for that reason, there will be drastic changes to the fundamentals of the coin. I have for a while wanted to do a coin with random stake percentages each block. Like all other randomness in coins, this would have been built on a system using previous hash seeds, making it predictable and pseudorandom at best. Stake modifiers already proved shitty with BALLS, so what's next? I'm not telling you yet

I will say the way we are doing stake has not been done before. It is the same basic system as many others, but instead of using personal stake modifiers, we will be adjusting the stake percentage on the fly for the network as a whole. The waves used in BALLS earlier proved extremely popular, so we are currently working on our own algorithm that will give rewards enough of an oscillating median to stay interesting. Our system will not pretend to be random when it is not, thus predictable if you really want to put the time in to math it out, stock up stake weight, and pray you hit that block, but I feel it will be more interesting than the previous hash seeded pseudorandom systems, that have been advertising themselves as truly random, already fucking up other coins

No ETA, yet, and all GorillaStake addresses will be on hold until the new fork is out, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I have a) not forgotten about you, or b) given up and moved on. I am the top address on all three Rich Lists and have more in smaller stacks I use for testing. I have not dumped; these drops are not me. I will lose much more than anyone else if these coins fail. I have more money invested in them than any of you do and I do not hand out my dollars easily. There is a reason I now only invest in coins that I am working on. I don't trust others to make me profit, so I can't blame you for not trusting me to have your best interest in mind, which I certainly do. If you guys don't make money, neither do I

TL;DR: None. If you can't read a few short paragraphs, then you don't deserve to know what's in it

This explains a lot.
legendary
What the fuck happened to BALLS?

There is a sea of garabge which must be waded through daily. Why pick one coin over another? At this stage of the game, it's a crap shoot. What many people consider the end game, mass adoption, as the ultimate goal, there is a growing number of investors that see the negatives of such exposure. Let's use a company like Overstock. Now I know they just started offering employees salary in Bitcoin, which is exactly what needs to be done. Accepting Bitcoin as payment is a good thing, don't get me wrong, but when large corporations simply take these profits and dump to fiat to pay employees, bills, and taxes, they start doing more harm than good. There are enough people focused on merchant and mass adoption. It's a saturated market that only a few will thrive in. This is a very important step for the community as a whole or there will never be new cash flow into cryptos. I am not anti-adoption, but that is not the only channel for profit. This is where high staking chains come into play

While others grind to be the top merchant token, there is a new wave of coins, such as MMXIV, BALLS, and 10k, that aim to be a hedge against flailing Bitcoin prices. While Bitcoin struggles to find a true price, our coins have held steady. Even in a falling market, high stake combats the falling per coin price. Every day staking increases your personal holdings of the entire network by percentage. Network inflation will NEVER be higher than personal staking gains. Which brings me back to the original point. What to do with BALLS. The staking protocol switch obviously did not go over well. So do we ignore the problem and move on? Definitely not. Very soon we will be doing a coin swap for BALLS to a new chain. It will be a 1:1 swap on a reputable exchange (TBD where). The reason for not forking the current chain is simple; the changes are far too drastic and won't work well with what we already have

Blocks will be extremely fast. I've already proven with MMXIV and 10k that these chains are both quick and unattackable. BALLS needs to be brought up to the same level of speed and security as the other two. So for that reason, there will be drastic changes to the fundamentals of the coin. I have for a while wanted to do a coin with random stake percentages each block. Like all other randomness in coins, this would have been built on a system using previous hash seeds, making it predictable and pseudorandom at best. Stake modifiers already proved shitty with BALLS, so what's next? I'm not telling you yet

I will say the way we are doing stake has not been done before. It is the same basic system as many others, but instead of using personal stake modifiers, we will be adjusting the stake percentage on the fly for the network as a whole. The waves used in BALLS earlier proved extremely popular, so we are currently working on our own algorithm that will give rewards enough of an oscillating median to stay interesting. Our system will not pretend to be random when it is not, thus predictable if you really want to put the time in to math it out, stock up stake weight, and pray you hit that block, but I feel it will be more interesting than the previous hash seeded pseudorandom systems, that have been advertising themselves as truly random, already fucking up other coins

No ETA, yet, and all GorillaStake addresses will be on hold until the new fork is out, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I have a) not forgotten about you, or b) given up and moved on. I am the top address on all three Rich Lists and have more in smaller stacks I use for testing. I have not dumped; these drops are not me. I will lose much more than anyone else if these coins fail. I have more money invested in them than any of you do and I do not hand out my dollars easily. There is a reason I now only invest in coins that I am working on. I don't trust others to make me profit, so I can't blame you for not trusting me to have your best interest in mind, which I certainly do. If you guys don't make money, neither do I

TL;DR: None. If you can't read a few short paragraphs, then you don't deserve to know what's in it
legendary
I'm gonna put the word out there right now. There is a 99% chance the BALLS change will be on a new chain. I'm changing too much fundamentally to try forking it. I can see a lot of problems coming up if I do
Hi spots. Let me know when you pull out your update.
halibit
alcurEX exchange

Will do, thanks
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006
I'm gonna put the word out there right now. There is a 99% chance the BALLS change will be on a new chain. I'm changing too much fundamentally to try forking it. I can see a lot of problems coming up if I do
Hi spots. Let me know when you pull out your update.
halibit
alcurEX exchange
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
can't wait to see what you come up with, I hope you keep the 1000% Cheesy

Doubtful

aww I was hope'n to have a giant stash by the time next winter rolled around lol Wink

anywho I guess I'll focus more on MMXIV till theres more details, I'm sure you have something neat in mind.

PS we just spiked to 7 mill stake weight for a sec on 10k  Grin
legendary

Doubtful
legendary
Kaspa
ya Bittrex doesn't have much patience for stalling blockchains, I tried to send a couple more batch's from there today before I noticed it was stuck again.

legendary
There will be major changes to BALLS fairly soon. It may be drastic enough to start on a new chain. If that is the case, there will be a 1:1 coin swap
legendary
Kaspa
reason why snowballs is stuck is because there are currently no mature coins to stake

why? because min maturity is ~9 days, so coins have to wait every ~9 days before they can stake again
no mature coins = no stake = no new block

anyway, i realized i have my wallet closed and i have mature coins, im synching now and when done i should be able to stake next 4 blocks

But I never did the wallet transfer so I have been staking like everyday.

I might go one day without staking.

what wallet transfer?

Before Dec 25th.

If you did the address transfer after that date (or Around then) is what is causing people to only stake like 8-1 0 days. I never did it so I have been staking like every day.

K cool, I just bought my first couple batch's so I got the current one. i guess it wasn't a fork to the new specs cause then you'd be staking on the wrong fork Tongue

thanks for the info
legendary
Activity: 1400
reason why snowballs is stuck is because there are currently no mature coins to stake

why? because min maturity is ~9 days, so coins have to wait every ~9 days before they can stake again
no mature coins = no stake = no new block

anyway, i realized i have my wallet closed and i have mature coins, im synching now and when done i should be able to stake next 4 blocks

But I never did the wallet transfer so I have been staking like everyday.

I might go one day without staking.

what wallet transfer?

Before Dec 25th.

If you did the address transfer after that date (or Around then) is what is causing people to only stake like 8-1 0 days. I never did it so I have been staking like every day.
legendary
yep, stuck at 181601

dev, show your skills...

At mine is stuck at 181601
iGotSpot What happend? Please explain. Thx.

At this moment is ok.

next time I buy some I'm going to send them to my wallet in smaller chunks every hour or so... since every deposit makes another chunk of coins to find another block instead of all the coins in one big chunk that will only find one block every 8 days.

if too many people put their coins in their wallets in big lump sums then I could see it making sense that there could be spots like that where the blockchain loses it's momentum. something to think about next time you move any BALLS (or any other fairly new pos coin)

it's also why we need experiments like 10k to help find the right balance for pos

Correct. This is why we need PoW to spread coins out slowly on new PoS chains. Sending 1/8 of your balance once a day for 8 days to a new address will get you to stake at least once a day

It's a new system we are testing for MMXIV, so we need to let it try to even out before giving up on it
I did that, a few hours my 8th transaction. I have no problems anymore with the blockchain/sync since my first transaction.
(before this it was working well also, only a few tiny probs sometimes)

Divide your balance into 8 parts, send one a day to a new adress as iGotSpots mentioned it and you should be fine!  Smiley
Greets

Divide balance into 1/8 , send once a day to new address ( everyday create new address >?)

You can use one address. You want to split up inputs is all
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
yep, stuck at 181601

dev, show your skills...

At this moment is ok.

next time I buy some I'm going to send them to my wallet in smaller chunks every hour or so... since every deposit makes another chunk of coins to find another block instead of all the coins in one big chunk that will only find one block every 8 days.

if too many people put their coins in their wallets in big lump sums then I could see it making sense that there could be spots like that where the blockchain loses it's momentum. something to think about next time you move any BALLS (or any other fairly new pos coin)

it's also why we need experiments like 10k to help find the right balance for pos

Correct. This is why we need PoW to spread coins out slowly on new PoS chains. Sending 1/8 of your balance once a day for 8 days to a new address will get you to stake at least once a day

It's a new system we are testing for MMXIV, so we need to let it try to even out before giving up on it
I did that, a few hours my 8th transaction. I have no problems anymore with the blockchain/sync since my first transaction.

Divide your balance into 8 parts, send one a day to a new adress as iGotSpots mentioned it and you should be fine!  Smiley
Greets

Divide balance into 1/8 , send once a day to new address ( everyday create new address >?)
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
yep, stuck at 181601

dev, show your skills...

At this moment is ok.

Greets
legendary
yep, stuck at 181601

dev, show your skills...

At this moment is ok.

legendary
Kaspa
yep, stuck at 181601

dev, show your skills...

At this moment is ok.

Pages:
Jump to: