Author

Topic: [ANN] SONM • Decentralized Fog Computing - page 204. (Read 444821 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 253
November 24, 2017, 06:26:59 PM

I think that this is already a trend - to hunt for free computing powers at homes. Or not free, to overbuy it. We will see more projects on this field in the comming months.
And why would someone need such a huge computing power unless he works for nasa?I dont get why we would need a super computer

Do you know how long it takes to render holywood movies with current technology? Cheesy

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
November 24, 2017, 05:43:13 PM

I think that this is already a trend - to hunt for free computing powers at homes. Or not free, to overbuy it. We will see more projects on this field in the comming months.
And why would someone need such a huge computing power unless he works for nasa?I dont get why we would need a super computer
There's a major backlog for using super computers for scientific purposes.

Hence, scientists would love a service which offers a super computer for rent that is readily available.

But the great part about SONM is simply that you can rent whatever amount you would like.

So someone who wants to finish a computation very quickly can choose to rent out more computing power than someone who has a lot of time.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
November 24, 2017, 05:28:13 PM

Activity: 126
Merit: 10
November 24, 2017, 03:57:57 PM
Governments used to spend millions of dollars into building supercomputers. At the same time, around the world there are lots of miners. Compute power of their PCs could be easily used for scientific calculations some of which are aimed at curing diseases that currently have no known cure. Investing into this project is basically investing into the future. I'm amazed someone took this approach!!
November 24, 2017, 03:32:27 PM

Doesn't really matter if they don't find unfilled niche markets. Established players will have the competitive edge due to a larger network which will allow for larger clusters of computing power at much lower latency.
Activity: 742
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
November 24, 2017, 03:31:30 PM
My girlfriend thinks I am going crazy with SONM.

Is it just me? Smiley
just wait, it's you who will laugh at them later  Grin

You're correct. I didn't buy ETH for $3 because the bitcoin maximalists are all laughing at Ethereum. Two years later, ETH is at a new ATH at $450. SONM is fog computing, that in itself should make you fomo. Wait for a year or two, this is your Eth chance of mega bull run.

I don't think it make sense to be comparing Ethereum and SONM project together, I invested in SONM and still hold some of my ICO investment, but SONM team seem to be missing something, but may be their alliance with Lisk team will help them
Activity: 854
November 24, 2017, 03:27:35 PM

Activity: 491
Merit: 250
November 24, 2017, 03:25:13 PM
Really nice contest idea, i would Like to know when finish the contest because i would Like to partecipate. I didnt read within when we must send the images. Anyonw know? Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
November 24, 2017, 03:18:47 PM
My girlfriend thinks I am going crazy with SONM.

Is it just me? Smiley
just wait, it's you who will laugh at them later  Grin

You're correct. I didn't buy ETH for $3 because the bitcoin maximalists are all laughing at Ethereum. Two years later, ETH is at a new ATH at $450. SONM is fog computing, that in itself should make you fomo. Wait for a year or two, this is your Eth chance of mega bull run.
Activity: 647
Merit: 501
November 24, 2017, 01:51:05 PM

We are announcing a sticker contest for Telegram.
You can become the author of one of the stickers from the official SONM sticker pack and get 100 or even 1000 SNM tokens!
You will need to create a sticker 512x512 in size, .PNG format, crypto and project themed.
Read more in our community: t.me/sonm_eng

Activity: 396
Merit: 101
November 24, 2017, 12:24:28 PM

We are announcing a sticker contest for Telegram.
You can become the author of one of the stickers from the official SONM sticker pack and get 100 or even 1000 SNM tokens!
You will need to create a sticker 512x512 in size, .PNG format, crypto and project themed.
Read more in our community: t.me/sonm_eng

November 24, 2017, 10:45:36 AM

I think the actual rise in price depends on the ether rise

and the number of people who are trying to accumulate more of SNM. i'm not very  much following the SNM news very much so i'm just going to ask here, did the team cancel the revenue sharing program already and shift to  burning of tokens? i think someone mentioned this in this thread itself but forgot to follow it.

Why do you think revenue sharing is better than burning tokens? I think burning tokens is more healthy method of revenue sharing. As you know dividends can make SONM security. It can prevent SONM from listing on major exchanges. I like burning tokens more.
If there's real value it won't matter on what exchange the token is listed.

As long as SONM creates value through dividends, people will flock to whatever exchange has it listed and thus increase the volume.

Just stick to decentralized exchanges and create value in my opinion.

Who cares about KYC exchanges when decentralized ones are just around the corner?
yes i agree with that
very wise opinion by my point of view
but sonm price value is much increase after sonm listed on binance exchange
and if sonm got more good and having large volume exchanges like bittrex or poloniex
i think sonm value could increase more and sonm team is working on the project i think sonm will gain much more value in 2018 march but this just my thinking. who know the future only time will tell us whta will be sonm in future
SONM is not a currency or store of value in the way Bitcoin is. So its value purely depends on the usage of the platform and not on the exchanges that it will or will not be listed on.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 269
November 24, 2017, 08:01:17 AM

and the number of people who are trying to accumulate more of SNM. i'm not very  much following the SNM news very much so i'm just going to ask here, did the team cancel the revenue sharing program already and shift to  burning of tokens? i think someone mentioned this in this thread itself but forgot to follow it.

Why do you think revenue sharing is better than burning tokens? I think burning tokens is more healthy method of revenue sharing. As you know dividends can make SONM security. It can prevent SONM from listing on major exchanges. I like burning tokens more.

As long as SONM creates value through dividends, people will flock to whatever exchange has it listed and thus increase the volume.

Who cares about KYC exchanges when decentralized ones are just around the corner?
yes i agree with that
very wise opinion by my point of view
but sonm price value is much increase after sonm listed on binance exchange
and if sonm got more good and having large volume exchanges like bittrex or poloniex
i think sonm value could increase more and sonm team is working on the project i think sonm will gain much more value in 2018 march but this just my thinking. who know the future only time will tell us whta will be sonm in future
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
November 24, 2017, 07:21:41 AM
Can anyone tell what is the marketing plan for SONM, i still don't see any, how are you going to get SNOM into the hands of millions without marketing? Just a curiosity
November 23, 2017, 09:39:35 PM

Activity: 504
Merit: 128
November 23, 2017, 09:23:57 PM

i like burning token too
when tokens burns then more investors attract to the project and start investing
and also exchanges are also will considered to add the token on the exchange
right now project is moving on the right way and getting interest from more investors and expanding sonm community more and more
todays its value up by 11% that great move sonm token
i think slowly sonm token price will get cross to 1$ soon
and in next month sonm token price could cross 0.5$ if everything goes very well 
Activity: 546
November 23, 2017, 08:52:49 PM

legendary
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
November 23, 2017, 08:33:07 PM

It feel good to see the price finally move up even just for a moment, it proves its alive. It didn't drop to less than a cent to that's making sure people are still believing to the team's goal. Whatever Igor has to say in the summit, I hope it will add up to spike SNM price once more.

There are plenty of panic investors since the ICO was over, the main reason is some change from the development team. And the price is lower than the ICO price.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
November 23, 2017, 04:05:40 PM

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 23, 2017, 03:54:05 PM

Jump to: