Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e - page 28. (Read 166041 times)

Activity: 405
Merit: 250
Super-blocks are gimmicky and IMO add near 0 value to a currency.
Activity: 245
How is the update coming along?
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
New permanent node at 193.8.21.38

New SPT pool at sptpool.digsys.bg
Zero pool fees
Vardiff stratum only
Full block rewards (sorry to see superblocks go)

If you guys want them to stay, I don't have to remove them. Then the reward would stay at 49 instead of 48. Removing the superblocks should help price in the short term, but have no affect on the long term because of the 1 coin reduction to keep generation on track

Either way doesn't matter to me. The difficulty and network optimizations are what I am most concerned with changing
I'd be in favour of keeping the superblocks, lots of people like having the chance of winning big! (Those that don't won't be invested in alts anyway)
Everything else sounds great, it should make it much easier to mine, invest in and actually use.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Nodes updated. Add these to connect quickly

Stable nodes for spots.conf

addnode=193.68.21.38
addnode=162.243.78.234
addnode=27.33.117.153
addnode=p2pool.org
addnode=coinfreaks.com

thanks for the work keep it up we need a nice recoop
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
Nodes updated. Add these to connect quickly

Stable nodes for spots.conf

addnode=193.68.21.38
addnode=162.243.78.234
addnode=27.33.117.153
addnode=p2pool.org
addnode=coinfreaks.com

legendary

Zero pool fees
Vardiff stratum only

If you guys want them to stay, I don't have to remove them. Then the reward would stay at 49 instead of 48. Removing the superblocks should help price in the short term, but have no affect on the long term because of the 1 coin reduction to keep generation on track

Either way doesn't matter to me. The difficulty and network optimizations are what I am most concerned with changing
legendary

Zero pool fees
Vardiff stratum only

Added to OP - Thanks!
Activity: 393
New permanent node at 193.68.21.38

Zero pool fees
Vardiff stratum only

EDIT: there was an error in the IP address of the node!
legendary
Here's the update log so far

Spots Changes 1.0.4

Difficulty
- Difficulty adjustments will stay at the same spacing, but the percentage of change per block has been reduced
- Block time is still 70 seconds. These changes will only aim to keep blocks at 70 second intervals. These are NOT to speed it up or slow it down
- The goal is to be between #3-#10 on coinchoose to keep multipools off

Other
- Network settings tweaked
- Optimized IPv4/IPv6/loopback protocol handling
- Finding peers is much faster
- New Block Explorer
- New Icons (Logo possibly)
- SUPERBLOCKS REMOVED - There was only a 0.01% chance of a block being a 205x super block. There were not many found in the entire 5 months so we are eliminating these completely
- Block Reward changed from 49 to 48 to compensate for the already found superblocks, but keep the coin life as planned and not impact mining profitability calculations
legendary
And yes, I'm working on a hard fork for Spots. Get rid of that Litecoin bullshit for good and adjust how the difficulty moves. The timing will still be the same, but the percentage of change per block will be dropping to slow down the jumps and keep multipools off. Icons wills also change, and there will be a few network optimizations that hopefully help speed up finding peers

I'll have it on a brand new testnet early next week

Let's just hope that the gained investors from a working client will balance out the effects of being gone from Cryptsy for a few days Tongue
Make sure to warn us before you finalize the fork.

Everyone will have plenty of time. It will be a block in the future so you'll have a week or so to update clients before the fork happens. I also won't be releasing it until I have contact info from a good majority of the pool ops so nobody is mining on the old fork. The exchanges it's on I have contact info for, so trading on a bad fork will not be an issue
legendary
i find it aggravating, it's a solid coin but almost last on coinmarketcap.  It could and should be up around $2mill but due to a crap client no one can get involved with it.
I hope there is a hard fork to make it stable and functional, then when it's back on Cryptsy the often promised projects can get the coins price moving..

It'll be on Cryptsy immediately after the fork, I'll make sure both Paul and John have the updated client before we fork it. It'll be a future block so there will be plenty of time to update

I could either half ass it and get this out immediately and then you guys will have to update 3 times since I didn't finish it all, or I can do it all at once. I'm still getting PM's from people running the pools and daemons about things on the backend we can do to optimize the client

I have the new one just about ready to go with the fixes, I'm working on optimizations now
legendary
i find it aggravating, it's a solid coin but almost last on coinmarketcap.  It could and should be up around $2mill but due to a crap client no one can get involved with it.
I hope there is a hard fork to make it stable and functional, then when it's back on Cryptsy the often promised projects can get the coins price moving..
lots of talk, little visable action.
That's why I'm asking Wtf is going on with this coin
legendary
lots of talk, little visable action.
Anything going on with this coin or what ?
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
i have problems for mining in solo,anyone can post his config pls ?
Thx

In my spots.conf file, after all of the addnodes, I have
Code:
server=1
rpcuser=username
rpcpassword=password
rpcport=9775
port=4588
rpcallowip=192.168.*.*
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

gen=0

And in my cgminer.conf I have
Code:
                "url" : "http://127.0.0.1:9775",
"user" : "username",
"pass" : "password"
for my pool. That should work for you.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
i have problems for mining in solo,anyone can post his config pls ?
Thx
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
And yes, I'm working on a hard fork for Spots. Get rid of that Litecoin bullshit for good and adjust how the difficulty moves. The timing will still be the same, but the percentage of change per block will be dropping to slow down the jumps and keep multipools off. Icons wills also change, and there will be a few network optimizations that hopefully help speed up finding peers

Let's just hope that the gained investors from a working client will balance out the effects of being gone from Cryptsy for a few days Tongue
Make sure to warn us before you finalize the fork.
legendary
I really like spots coin Smiley I've mined a lot of them until now, believing that the price is going to rise. I've only saw great falls on it, but I still believe that this coin is going up... Can anyone agree with me?

Also, iGotSpots is a active member which gives security to all users who mine spots Smiley

hi brother ...

can you define best pool for mining it ?

Mining Pools (8 Active Pools)

Featured Spots Pool for January
Pool Thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annspt-spots-pool-sptdedicatedpoolcom-383981
http://spt.dedicatedpool.com

Newest Spots Pool
http://pool.trademybit.com/pools/SPT

Spots P2Pool
http://p2pool.org:9775/static
Use Spots address as the username and any password

Spots Pool
http://spots.cryptcoins.net

Spots Pool
spt.coinmine.pl

Spots Pool
http://spotspool.chriskoeber.com

Spots Pool
http://spots.nenado.org

Spots Pool - Maintenance
http://spotscoin.coinarmy.com
2% Free | Stratum | PPLNS
VARDIFF | Block Finder Bonus

Activity: 47
Merit: 24
I really like spots coin Smiley I've mined a lot of them until now, believing that the price is going to rise. I've only saw great falls on it, but I still believe that this coin is going up... Can anyone agree with me?

Also, iGotSpots is a active member which gives security to all users who mine spots Smiley

hi brother ...

can you define best pool for mining it ?

For me a flawless pool until now is this one:

spt.coinmine.pl

Happy new year to everyone! Wink
Pages:
Jump to: