Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SPOT] | SUCCESSFUL FORK COMPLETE - On CoinPayments.net/Cryptsy/Coins-e - page 30. (Read 166041 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I don't know about the back and forth here regarding the client, but it would be nice if issues were posted in the OP.  I downloaded the other day to play with, and had multiple issues before finding the comments about the bug.  Would have been nice not to have had to do the troubleshooting.

Seems like an interesting alt though. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054
CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io
So if any of you have issues other than the LTC sync bullshit, please either PM me or post it as soon as possible so I can get everything included into this update
legendary
Got some nice new icons for the QT, too. I'll have this done most likely tonight but possibly tomorrow. I promise
legendary
If anyone on Linux is still having the Litecoin sync problem, please PM me.

Gonna work on fixing this from home today instead of waiting until I'm in the office tomorrow, but my girlfriend is sick so I don't want to wake her up by going and grabbing my Linux rig to see the issues. Otherwise, I'll do it when she gets up if nobody PM's me by then
legendary
I really hope scrappy deleted his post from 17:39, censoring complaints is BS.

I deleted two of his that were talking about some cat coin. Nobody in here comes to hear about that shit
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
I really hope scrappy deleted his post from 17:39, censoring complaints is BS.
legendary
I just put getting the new client out at the top of the priority list
legendary
Here are my nodes...

addnode=162.243.78.234
addnode=27.33.117.153
addnode=p2pool.org
addnode=coinfreaks.com

Try it fresh on a pc, they simply don't work. Oh sure, it will show synced.. then auto go to 416,724 blocks remaining and freeze. Far as I am concerned, this coin owes me, for fucking me. The dev could give a shit. Yea I am calling you out spots. You are purposely doing this to control the coin. You could fix the issues, yet you run.

I dare anyone to try the wallet. It simply does not work, and I truly believe that is the way the dev wants it.

So you are synced then, if it shows 416,724 as you say, I don't see the problem?
Did you actually take the time to read through this thread at all?
It is a >>>VISUAL BUG<<<.

My wallet shows exactly the same and its receiving and sending coins absolutely fine when I solo mine to it even though it says "416,724 blocks remaining"

Yea, that is an easy fix, but there's a couple things on the backend we are taking a look at to help make sure it doesn't happen again. We could fix it today, but that would just be putting a bandaid on a stab wound

I understand that, but I don't get why some people don't understand.
You said its a bug, you are working on it... Wallet is still working even though this bug is here, whats the big deal?

I'll tell you exactly why Scrappy is so pissed, I've seen him get worked up for no reason before

He mined as soon as he opened the wallet, before he downloaded the block chain. This caused him to find blocks that were already found, resulting in orphaned blocks, due to them being found hours, days, possibly even weeks ago. That's why he's mad. Yes, I deleted a couple of his posts because they were crazy shit talking about nonsense, but I did leave the one that is relevant
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Here are my nodes...

addnode=162.243.78.234
addnode=27.33.117.153
addnode=p2pool.org
addnode=coinfreaks.com

Try it fresh on a pc, they simply don't work. Oh sure, it will show synced.. then auto go to 416,724 blocks remaining and freeze. Far as I am concerned, this coin owes me, for fucking me. The dev could give a shit. Yea I am calling you out spots. You are purposely doing this to control the coin. You could fix the issues, yet you run.

I dare anyone to try the wallet. It simply does not work, and I truly believe that is the way the dev wants it.

So you are synced then, if it shows 416,724 as you say, I don't see the problem?

My wallet shows exactly the same and its receiving and sending coins absolutely fine when I solo mine to it even though it says "416,724 blocks remaining"

Yea, that is an easy fix, but there's a couple things on the backend we are taking a look at to help make sure it doesn't happen again. We could fix it today, but that would just be putting a bandaid on a stab wound

I understand that, but I don't get why some people don't understand.
You said its a bug, you are working on it... Wallet is still working even though this bug is here, whats the big deal?
legendary
Here are my nodes...

addnode=162.243.78.234
addnode=27.33.117.153
addnode=p2pool.org
addnode=coinfreaks.com

legendary
Why isn't it automatic though? Someone should be able to unzip and go...
Lots of people will just give up if they download and it doesn't connect, especially when they try add nodes and it isn't a recognised command (for some strange reason!)

He wants it broke is why. You should be able to update, but you simply cannot. The wallet is broke, and he wants it that way. So he can make these artificial pumps, and dump his shit. Simply go back 3 pages and read, he even brags of it.

That's not true at all. From what I'm gathering, it's only a Linux issue, and we are working on it. Purely cosmetic, affects your coins or the network absolutely not at all. Nothing is broken, nor has it even been with Spots. I have 5 rigs with Windows QT open and none of them are trying to talk to Litecoin at all
Here are my nodes...

addnode=162.243.78.234
addnode=27.33.117.153
addnode=p2pool.org
addnode=coinfreaks.com

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Lots of people will just give up if they download and it doesn't connect, especially when they try add nodes and it isn't a recognised command (for some strange reason!)

He wants it broke is why. You should be able to update, but you simply cannot. The wallet is broke, and he wants it that way. So he can make these artificial pumps, and dump his shit. Simply go back 3 pages and read, he even brags of it.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
i downloaded the client but doesn't sync  Embarrassed

Use the addnodes and it will. We have a new client coming out soon to fix the cross chatter with the LTC chain on Linux and Mac. Those are just cosmetic issues, though. Post an addressn and I'll send you a Spot to see if you're synced

A better client is in the works.

I agree it should be automated, its something that needs work I'm not denying that, just saying the wallet is actually working
legendary
A few good pieces of news, yet the price is falling from its already very low level...

Good. I can buy more than I had planned to this way before we do an ANN thread about the physical coins for the other alts. Nobody who passes this thread over knows about those, yet  Wink

Awesome! Yet sadly, your wallet does not work still. How about instead of looking for investors to screw, you pay a person for a working wallet. I would rather own kittycoin than this shit. Please take this as advice spots people.

the wallet is working fine, just use the addnodes he has provided here in the thread.
There is a visual bug that sometimes says "wallet out of sync" and trying to download 400k blocks.
Its said here in the thread its only a VISUAL and they are working on a fix.
legendary
A few good pieces of news, yet the price is falling from its already very low level...

Good. I can buy more than I had planned to this way before we do an ANN thread about the physical coins for the other alts. Nobody who passes this thread over knows about those, yet  Wink
legendary
#1 on coinchoose again, hop on quick before the multipools do!

Already been on for a month!
Multipools should leave us alone, let me mine my spots in peace

Good thing about Spots is that they can't get too many blocks before it's time for them to move on, due to super fast difficulty adjustments

Yup, I think that helps allot.
Difficulty has generally been low this past week, only a couple of times it has shot up past 30 or so
Pages:
Jump to: