Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming) - page 45. (Read 790391 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
No Georgem recently?

I see that his patreon supporters have mostly withdrawn...

He's still active on spreadcointalk if people post there, but unfortunately most people still only come here. I might start copying/pasting and content from there into this thread, but we'll see. I think it was only a couple days ago that I asked about updates....but of course I forgot to check the site again  Cheesy

As sad as it is bitcointalk.org is a necessary evil. Even if you don't like the forum or whatever your reasons are for not wanting to post here, you still need to. This is the site that gets the most traffic and attention currently. This is where 99% of your supports are going to be at. If I had to go to a million different websites for all the coins I support it would be a nightmare. I don't doubt that Georgem is working hard to further develop this coin, but updates on this forum which has the most traffic is needed. That's just my 2 mBTC.

Yeah, it's definitely sucky, but back when everyone was leaving btctalk to move coin updates to other places, the fud and trolling here on btc talk was unreal.  It probably still is, but I only use it to check my watched threads now and not much else.

Blocknet did the same thing and pretty much left btctalk and just kept working, yet everyone forgot about them until recently after seeing some updates, etc.  Just because someone doesn't check in doesn't mean they aren't working, that's just a bonus if they do. I like GeorgeM's raspberry pi test setups and everything. I think the updates were posted here, but I may repost them again later in case anyone missed them.

Yes, please as I am buying a lots of SPR and would like to know what is happening with it in the future without checking out another sites as well.
Activity: 476
No Georgem recently?

He's still active on spreadcointalk if people post there, but unfortunately most people still only come here. I might start copying/pasting and content from there into this thread, but we'll see. I think it was only a couple days ago that I asked about updates....but of course I forgot to check the site again  Cheesy

As sad as it is bitcointalk.org is a necessary evil. Even if you don't like the forum or whatever your reasons are for not wanting to post here, you still need to. This is the site that gets the most traffic and attention currently. This is where 99% of your supports are going to be at. If I had to go to a million different websites for all the coins I support it would be a nightmare. I don't doubt that Georgem is working hard to further develop this coin, but updates on this forum which has the most traffic is needed. That's just my 2 mBTC.

Yeah, it's definitely sucky, but back when everyone was leaving btctalk to move coin updates to other places, the fud and trolling here on btc talk was unreal.  It probably still is, but I only use it to check my watched threads now and not much else.

Blocknet did the same thing and pretty much left btctalk and just kept working, yet everyone forgot about them until recently after seeing some updates, etc.  Just because someone doesn't check in doesn't mean they aren't working, that's just a bonus if they do. I like GeorgeM's raspberry pi test setups and everything. I think the updates were posted here, but I may repost them again later in case anyone missed them.
Activity: 312
BAM
No Georgem recently?

No Georgem recently?

Activity: 171
Merit: 100
No Georgem recently?

Why he had any to begin with is a question that boggles the mind. His spr balance is currently at 0.

At best georgem is a liar and a thief, at worst an incompetent liar and thief.

Nonetheless, from spr spawned crown and helium. Both projects with tremendous potential. Those that invested during georgem's "takeover" have profted immensity, without putting a valuation on time.

Georgem, you deceived a fair amount of people. I sincerely hope you get the help you desperately need.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything
No Georgem recently?

Activity: 271
Merit: 251
So I've accidentally sent Spreadcoin to a Stratis address.

Yes, embarrassing.

I've tried importing the Stratis privkey for that address into the Spreadcoin wallet but I get the error message "Invalid private key (code -5)"

Any suggestions as to how I might go about recovering my lost Spreadcoin?

not sure it will work. except SpreadCoin was a fork of stratis. of which i'm sure its not. however how is it possible that the coins got sent to a none existing address?

All addresses exist. Some haven't been used yet.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0

Yes, embarrassing.

I've tried importing the Stratis privkey for that address into the Spreadcoin wallet but I get the error message "Invalid private key (code -5)"

not sure it will work. except SpreadCoin was a fork of stratis. of which i'm sure its not. however how is it possible that the coins got sent to a none existing address?
Activity: 134
Merit: 10
Shitcoin Bliss

Yes, embarrassing.

You can try to double spend the transaction or load the private key into a new wallet.

I haven't needed to try this before, so just give it a try and see if it works before we try something else, possibly creating a raw transaction.

dump your private key (use the public key from where you sent from) from your current wallet and copy + save it to a notepad file

copy your current wallet.dat file to somewhere safe

run spreadcoin which will create a new wallet.dat

import your saved private key. See if that loads your spreadcoins into the new wallet. It may not, but its worth a go.

Get in touch on slack or PM and we'll try to see if we can double spend your transaction.
I don't know if importing the private key will work.
Weren't Spreadcoin addresses different from most other coins to save space on the blockchain?
Is it possible to import private keys in spreadcoin? without the above problem just normally.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014

Yes, embarrassing.

You can try to double spend the transaction or load the private key into a new wallet.

I haven't needed to try this before, so just give it a try and see if it works before we try something else, possibly creating a raw transaction.

dump your private key (use the public key from where you sent from) from your current wallet and copy + save it to a notepad file

import your saved private key. See if that loads your spreadcoins into the new wallet. It may not, but its worth a go.

Get in touch on slack or PM and we'll try to see if we can double spend your transaction.
I don't know if importing the private key will work.
Weren't Spreadcoin addresses different from most other coins to save space on the blockchain?
Yeah I dunno. From past experiences, I don't trust any company registered in Delaware  Grin

**EDIT** Yeah i see the spam message was removed so this looks pretty out of context, lol
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Yes, embarrassing.

legendary
Activity: 1291

Yes, embarrassing.

Helium is active and developed by a team.

SpreadCoin is a good idea as well, but no regular communication from the developer (nothing for 3 weeks now), and the update on the website is 2 years old. So I am not sure what to think, if it is still active.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
We monitor future development. Huh Huh Huh Huh
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Don't now what to think about this coin. Why Helium and snapshot?
legendary
Activity: 1291
Hey, I'm new to this thread. First time hearing about helium. Is there a launch date? Is this project still active?

Helium is alive and well here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annhlm-helium-1809278

It is planned by the Helium team to distribute the Helium token to Spreadcoin holders sometime in August.
Activity: 49
Hey, I'm new to this thread. First time hearing about helium. Is there a launch date? Is this project still active?
Activity: 19
Hello.

Is this coin actively developed in the background or it is a dead coin?
What could we use it for after the snapshot date?
Is there any future for SPR?

Gab

Spreadcoin has one busy singular developer Georgem who has swore to keep developing this coin as long as it takes to fulfill his vision. Read his posts and whitepaper to decide if you believe SPR has a future. I think Spreadcoin stands a chance only if Georgem releases something unique and or interesting and it gets the interest of more developers for SPR.
Hello.

Is this coin actively developed in the background or it is a dead coin?
What could we use it for after the snapshot date?
Is there any future for SPR?

Gab
Pages:
Jump to: