Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 210. (Read 810085 times)

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

I would also like to add a long-term perspective... If SPR's masternodes succeed then no doubt there will be clones of many varieties... Those many clones of SPR, using Darkcoin's technology..............

yes jesse, some body already tried to copy spreadcoin by posting it  as job in elancer to create  a new clone for spreadcoin
see

https://www.elance.com/j/create-new-alt-coin-based-on-x11/65297102/

I would like to create my own alt coin based on X11 and this open source coin: https://github.com/spreadcoin-project/spreadcoin

Please take a look at it and tell me how you're going to do this... once the base program is working, I have a few additions I'd like to add to this...

Deliverables: new wallet plus miner, demonstrate initial mining and increasing difficulty level... prefer no forks if possible...

but i think he not yet succeeded till now

HaHahahah only wanted pay $500  Grin

2 BTC for an altcoin would probably be a good deal for an experienced cloner. Since I find the idea boring as hell, I wouldn't do it - but I think some people would jump at it, depending on what his "additions" are.

I think "additions" mean new features that will be lot more than 2btc
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
Because of the fudders i manage to get 1k more SPR on 25k, nice Smiley Thank you !

I hope they come back so they can fill my Buy Orders  Grin

Hehe - Gratz - I was in the right place at the right time yesterday for once!  I had ordered 1.05 BTC from Coinbase on Friday night 1-16-15.  Coinbase said that my purchase wouldn't clear for (4) business days or Monday 1-26-15.  That's not (4) business days!  Then I realized it was MLK day in the us which is a federal holiday.  LOL I logged in to my Coinbase account on Monday 1-26-15 and instantly sent my BTC to Bittrex all before logging into Bittrex-SPR.  When I opened the SPR link I was like holy cow!  Buy Buy Buy....  I was able to acquire 3600 SPR around 17000 - 17500.  Not too shabby!  My masternodes will be well fed! :-)
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
Any updates on the MN testnet launch?
Activity: 205

I would also like to add a long-term perspective... If SPR's masternodes succeed then no doubt there will be clones of many varieties... Those many clones of SPR, using Darkcoin's technology..............

yes jesse, some body already tried to copy spreadcoin by posting it  as job in elancer to create  a new clone for spreadcoin
see

I would like to create my own alt coin based on X11 and this open source coin: https://github.com/spreadcoin-project/spreadcoin

Please take a look at it and tell me how you're going to do this... once the base program is working, I have a few additions I'd like to add to this...

Deliverables: new wallet plus miner, demonstrate initial mining and increasing difficulty level... prefer no forks if possible...

HaHahahah only wanted pay $500  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
Because of the fudders i manage to get 1k more SPR on 25k, nice Smiley Thank you !

I hope they come back so they can fill my Buy Orders  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Okay thanks, looks like i just need to increase my hash.
Is GTX980 king of the hill, or does R9 290X also offer great results?

I've mined 4 blocks in the first day with 1xGtx980 @ 5.2mhash and then added -x 32 flag to the miner, hashrate went up to 5.4mhash but since then no accepted shares (for like 1 day now)... could it be that the flag causes rejects? how can i check in the nvidia miner? thanks for help

Can someone please assist with the above? Is there any way to see if all is going well?

Here's image with the miner and wallet

Looks like you are still doing fine. You can go hours or even a day without finding a block with your hash rate. Remember luck plays a part in finding blocks.

Also don't know what part of the world you are in but in my time zone you have not been 24 hrs yet since your last block.
GTX 980 is the king ( I have a R9 290X and I have about 2.5 mh/s) -except maybe with private kernel : but it seems even with private ones the GTX980 is better for this coin.

290X will probably beat a 980 if well done - it's just that those AMD drivers make it really hard to do so. With enough effort, I'm pretty sure the 290X will beat the 980 by a decent sized amount. With just some basic stupid code elimination and small tweaks that pander to the braindead AMD OpenCL compiler, the 290X will pull 4MH/s on Spread all day - I took this on the 21st:

Screenshot (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/spreadwolf-01212015.png

any way of getting a hold of this miner / kernel from you wolf? ...

pm me if you have any ideas on how we can do this please ...

#crysx

Not currently, but possibly in the future.

kool ...

i can see that you ssh into the workers session - so all of this can be setup for you if you want to have that on this farm also ...

there is always room for an agreement somewhere along the line Wink ...

tanx ...

#crysx

I do, but Freya is not five feet from me. Headless rig.

understood ...

as with all my miners in the farm ...

tanx much wolf ...

#crysx
Activity: 182

see

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
I've mined for ages at 3.4mh/s and still nothing, yet the only way is to solo mine Huh
You either need to set up a private pool as some people have done (with escrow, mutlisig or other arrangements to prevent theft of mining) or get yourself a bigger rig.  

Or wait more than a few hours...  Roll Eyes

Whatever your hash rate, solo mining will over time earn you just as much as pooled mining.

I tried to solo mine with my reconfigured settings, the hashrate increased but I wasn't getting any BS/Shares just detecting new block after block the same as before.
You trying to find a solo block so there will be no shares accepted like in the pool but you gonna see new block detected as network will detect new block in every minute and your computer will try attempt to hash every block if you are lucky you gonna get reward soon or else you have to wait nobody knows how long lol
Keep hashing mate and good luck  Cheesy
legendary

I've mined 4 blocks in the first day with 1xGtx980 @ 5.2mhash and then added -x 32 flag to the miner, hashrate went up to 5.4mhash but since then no accepted shares (for like 1 day now)... could it be that the flag causes rejects? how can i check in the nvidia miner? thanks for help

Can someone please assist with the above? Is there any way to see if all is going well?

Looks like you are still doing fine. You can go hours or even a day without finding a block with your hash rate. Remember luck plays a part in finding blocks.

Also don't know what part of the world you are in but in my time zone you have not been 24 hrs yet since your last block.
GTX 980 is the king ( I have a R9 290X and I have about 2.5 mh/s) -except maybe with private kernel : but it seems even with private ones the GTX980 is better for this coin.

290X will probably beat a 980 if well done - it's just that those AMD drivers make it really hard to do so. With enough effort, I'm pretty sure the 290X will beat the 980 by a decent sized amount. With just some basic stupid code elimination and small tweaks that pander to the braindead AMD OpenCL compiler, the 290X will pull 4MH/s on Spread all day - I took this on the 21st:

#crysx

Not currently, but possibly in the future.

kool ...

i can see that you ssh into the workers session - so all of this can be setup for you if you want to have that on this farm also ...

there is always room for an agreement somewhere along the line Wink ...

tanx ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
I've mined for ages at 3.4mh/s and still nothing, yet the only way is to solo mine Huh

Its a solo mining arms race.  You either need to set up a private pool as some people have done (with escrow, mutlisig or other arrangements to prevent theft of mining) or get yourself a bigger rig.  The network hash rate is very high for the likes of your or I with one or two GPUs to burn.

Correct - I run (10) GPUs or about 15 mh/s and I am lucky if I hit 4-6 blocks a day now.
legendary
Activity: 1050

#crysx

I originally opened up a bounty fund for the community to get a hold of this miner, but no one from the community donated/were interested,
legendary

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 966
You either need to set up a private pool as some people have done (with escrow, mutlisig or other arrangements to prevent theft of mining) or get yourself a bigger rig.  

Whatever your hash rate, solo mining will over time earn you just as much as pooled mining.

I tried to solo mine with my reconfigured settings, the hashrate increased but I wasn't getting any BS/Shares just detecting new block after block the same as before.

I have bolded my post in the hope that this time you actually read it.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 966

Or wait more than a few hours...  Roll Eyes

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Just a reminder everyone.

Big red text "doesn't ,understand ,commas" guy hasn't been here since page 277 and a bit over 10 hours ago. Chances are he went to sleep exhausted from hurling all that negativity (it is very draining). It's possible we won't see him again but then it's highly likely he'll start up his FUD campaign again any moment now.

The key to stopping this is DON'T RESPOND. Just let his stuff go past and DON'T BITE. Even when it really gets your back up DON'T ENGAGE!

Same for the others involved in smearing Spread. Just don't engage.

But if someone's asking legitimate questions then of course we all should try to educate and answer. There was a terrible period last year in the DRK thread where a few people (and one individual in particular....anyone who's been there for a while will know who I'm talking about) were extremely harsh and rude to newcomers. It was pretty appalling and a guaranteed way to lose new investors; let's not be like that here.
Activity: 445
Merit: 255

Activity: 216
Merit: 13

legendary
Activity: 1400

Jump to: