Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 212. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Crypto since 2014
I've mined for ages at 3.4mh/s and still nothing, yet the only way is to solo mine Huh
With this hash rate, you should find a block in about a pair of day on average : how long did you mine ? If you have mined more than one week, maybe you have a problem : did you have some rejected block (see in the A and R field in the miner window).

Can you show me in a picture or write up how to setup solo mining for SPR so I can see if I have gone wrong somewhere first ?

A link to my Mining guide is in the OP.

https://github.com/spreadcoin-project/SpreadCoin-Wiki/wiki/Mining-Guide
legendary
Activity: 1554
I've mined for ages at 3.4mh/s and still nothing, yet the only way is to solo mine Huh
With this hash rate, you should find a block in about a pair of day on average : how long did you mine ? If you have mined more than one week, maybe you have a problem : did you have some rejected block (see in the A and R field in the miner window).

Can you show me in a picture or write up how to setup solo mining for SPR so I can see if I have gone wrong somewhere first ?
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info

Even your 3.4 mh/s help the decentralization process very much. I plan to mine with this amount of Hash too soon.
Not because I expect to find many blocks, but because it will help the SPR I bought to keep their value, and it will help the decentralization process.

So you have 0.1% of the total hashrate in your control, look at it this way. Keep that up, and buy SPR while they are cheap.

EDIT: if you have an account with a legacy bank you need to pay a monthly fee.
With cryptos you have to pay this fee too, in the form of hashing equipment and electricity. That's how I look at it.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
hehehe - its evening here in adelaide australia ... so im winding down a little ...

but a coffee sounds great ...

#crysx

It's 10:28 in the morning where I am, and we have 10 inches snow outside. Verdammte Scheisse!

wow - now thats a coffee time if ever ive known one ...

njoi ... Wink

#crysx
legendary

Its a solo mining arms race.  You either need to set up a private pool as some people have done (with escrow, mutlisig or other arrangements to prevent theft of mining) or get yourself a bigger rig.  The network hash rate is very high for the likes of your or I with one or two GPUs to burn.

Thanks for the heads up mate  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Decentralize Everything

Its a solo mining arms race.  You either need to set up a private pool as some people have done (with escrow, mutlisig or other arrangements to prevent theft of mining) or get yourself a bigger rig.  The network hash rate is very high for the likes of your or I with one or two GPUs to burn.
legendary
legendary
spreadcoin.info
hehehe - its evening here in adelaide australia ... so im winding down a little ...

#crysx

It's 10:28 in the morning where I am, and we have 10 inches snow outside. Verdammte Scheisse!
legendary
Good morning all from UK  Smiley
My windows machine is ready for MN testing  Cheesy
Good evening from Australia. My laptop is ready for tomorrow.

Can someone please give me some testnet coins once they have enough, because my laptop sucks.

Difficulty in the upcoming testnet version will increase 1/1000 of normal and start from zero, so you will be able to mine even with pencil and paper, lol

So don't worry, you should create 1000s of coins by just letting your laptop run for a few hours.

change the comment a couple of times mate Wink ...

hehehe ... i like the grandmothers basket one best Wink ...

#crysx

haha, I need a coffee!  Cheesy

#crysx
legendary
spreadcoin.info

Can someone please give me some testnet coins once they have enough, because my laptop sucks.

Difficulty in the upcoming testnet version will increase 1/1000 of normal and start from zero, so you will be able to mine even with pencil and paper, lol

So don't worry, you should create 1000s of coins by just letting your laptop run for a few hours.

#crysx

haha, I need a coffee!  Cheesy
legendary

#crysx
legendary
spreadcoin.info

EDIT: wait, if I am not mistaken we should be able to create about 10000 coins within 24 hours, so this should be enough coins for atleast 100 masternode testers.
legendary
Good morning all from UK  Smiley
My windows machine is ready for MN testing  Cheesy

thats right - good evening from australia Wink ...

#crysx
legendary
Activity: 1526
Crypto since 2014

legendary
Merit: 1000
Don't forget that MN testing is tomorrow Smiley
Is it starting today (Tuesday) or tomorrow bro?
legendary
legendary
spreadcoin.info
Gitian builds take sooo loooong time and if something went wrong you need to restart them from the beginning. Anyone needs Linux builds for testing masternodes or Windows is enough? Source will be available so you will be able to build them yourself.

no problem, we can compile ourselves.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Don't forget that MN testing is tomorrow Smiley
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
We've been trying to pry that information from Mr. Spread but he has been quite tight lipped.  All we know is there will be a 100 SPR initial requirement for masternodes (they are dynamic and competitive) and there will be an in-wallet GUI that has quite a few of us all hot and bothered which you can see here: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?&topic=16.0

Roger that. I have been following this thread and Spreadcointalk.org pretty religiously so I was aware of that info... Just thought I might have missed something else somewhere. Thanks again!  Cheesy
Jump to: