Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 213. (Read 810085 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
My hope and assumption is Mr. Spread will provide all of this information tomorrow.

Thanks! Are we assuming that it is going to be a lot different in setup and operation than the DRK MN's? Is there a thread over there that is a good overview? Hard to find this stuff with the search function disabled...  Shocked

We've been trying to pry that information from Mr. Spread but he has been quite tight lipped.  All we know is there will be a 100 SPR initial requirement for masternodes (they are dynamic and competitive) and there will be an in-wallet GUI that has quite a few of us all hot and bothered which you can see here: http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?&topic=16.0
Activity: 198
Merit: 100
My hope and assumption is Mr. Spread will provide all of this information tomorrow.

Thanks! Are we assuming that it is going to be a lot different in setup and operation than the DRK MN's? Is there a thread over there that is a good overview? Hard to find this stuff with the search function disabled...  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Pasthetics

I think you are being a bit harsh.  One thread is not spam.

Acknowledge that it happened and move on.  You have better things to do than to yell at the internet.

It was certainly an over-the-top response. Do we really need to be so tribal and territorial? There are some good things being worked on here. Ultimately both DRK and SPR will benefit. There's just no need for such hostility. DRK is open source; by it's very nature it's saying "come, use my code, improve me where and if you can". We (DRK & SPR people) should be celebrating that there's this amazing ability for new ideas to be born and cross pollination to occur between both projects.

Definitely +1 to you.
I would also like to add a long-term perspective... If SPR's masternodes succeed then no doubt there will be clones of many varieties... Those many clones of SPR, using Darkcoin's technology, will work to legitimatize Darkcoin's technology that much more in the eyes of "papa bitcoin", which then might someday use Darkcoin technology itself.
Basically Darkcoin, backed by many Darkcoin clones and varieties, is stronger than a unilateral Darkcoin, going it alone.
JL
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Gitian builds take sooo loooong time and if something went wrong you need to restart them from the beginning. Anyone needs Linux builds for testing masternodes or Windows is enough? Source will be available so you will be able to build them yourself.
It is too late to start masternode testing today, we'll do it tomorrow. Sorry for this.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10272621
So...

I am pretty interested in this MN testnet thing. Can we change the subject and discuss how one goes about setting up a MN on the testnet?

Do you have to have a static IP?

What kind of bandwidth do we estimate for testing and then in practice?

What OS? Unix/Linux? Widows? Both?

Is it just a different wallet with more commands in the conf?

I was poking around here and on Spreadcointalk.org and seem to be missing the threads that explain all this. Can someone either post this information or point me to a thread that contains this info?

Thanks!

ditto ...

legendary
Activity: 1050
Pasthetics

Acknowledge that it happened and move on.  You have better things to do than to yell at the internet.

It was certainly an over-the-top response. Do we really need to be so tribal and territorial? There are some good things being worked on here. Ultimately both DRK and SPR will benefit. There's just no need for such hostility. DRK is open source; by it's very nature it's saying "come, use my code, improve me where and if you can". We (DRK & SPR people) should be celebrating that there's this amazing ability for new ideas to be born and cross pollination to occur between both projects.

+1 to you Smiley
Pasthetics

I think that we as a general community forget that this is the biggest open source R&D community on the planet.

Aside from obvious P&D schemes (which SPR is not; proof is likely imminent with the testnet here so please don't jump on my rhetoric; be patient), we should be actively looking for new perspectives.  Mr Spread has been acknowledged as a viable talent ('legit' was the term used).  Let's let him code and see what happens.

Or obfuscate the issue in the meantime...I don't think Mr Spread is stopping now and one of the things I appreciate of recent is the fact that there is minimal acknowledgement of created issues from him.  Testnet MN's are going to happen and after that Mainnet MN's will happen for SPR.

Cheers, Renegade; this was more of a general post than a direct response...-thumbsup-
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
So...

I am pretty interested in this MN testnet thing. Can we change the subject and discuss how one goes about setting up a MN on the testnet?

Do you have to have a static IP?

What kind of bandwidth do we estimate for testing and then in practice?

What OS? Unix/Linux? Widows? Both?

Is it just a different wallet with more commands in the conf?

I was poking around here and on Spreadcointalk.org and seem to be missing the threads that explain all this. Can someone either post this information or point me to a thread that contains this info?

Thanks!

ditto ...

#crysx

+1 to this my friend Smiley That is what people need to realize is that we are all working together to build a better CryptoCommunity for EVERYONE! There is more than enough room for all of us to grow and share the wealth all together Smiley People seem to not realize this and that is what makes other people not even want to deal with Crypto at all is all the hate and arguing that comes with coins and people hating on other people Smiley I think we should all hug and make up Wink lol For real though let's be glad that we have the opportunity to be involved in excellent coins such as DarkCoin and SpreadCoin Smiley We are the fortunate people in Crypto as far as I see it Smiley

Couldn't agree more!  Cheesy
Activity: 770
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Pasthetics

+1 to this my friend Smiley That is what people need to realize is that we are all working together to build a better CryptoCommunity for EVERYONE! There is more than enough room for all of us to grow and share the wealth all together Smiley People seem to not realize this and that is what makes other people not even want to deal with Crypto at all is all the hate and arguing that comes with coins and people hating on other people Smiley I think we should all hug and make up Wink lol For real though let's be glad that we have the opportunity to be involved in excellent coins such as DarkCoin and SpreadCoin Smiley We are the fortunate people in Crypto as far as I see it Smiley
Pasthetics

+1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZC7sqImaM
Activity: 658
Pasthetics

tminer, that's not helping bud.  Please take the high road.
Activity: 182
@Tungfa Pathethic ->it suits  you REALLY NOW. how pathethic well know member in the dark coin posting things like that  chinese nutter.
 it only shows how much spreadcoin bother's you. so a moderate reply to a avaricious idoid like you is ->go to dark and fuck with your darkcoin there.
In case people are wondering what he's talking about, I posted in the Forum Feedback section of Darkcointalk.org asking if it would be ok if I created a thread in their altcoin forum (where they discuss Altcoins) offering Darkcoin masternode owners Spreadcoin (or Darkcoin) to help test Spreadcoin masternodes.  I could have just started PMing people on there but wanted to be respectful and ask permission instead.  This didn't go over well with Tungfa as you can see.

MyFarm, you have been a class act from the start. Anyone who has spent any time following this thread can attest to that. Kudos!

Regardless of tungfa overreaction, I think that it was a great idea to offer those in that community that already have the experience required to facilitate such testing an opportunity to do so. As you mentioned, it WAS in their "altcoin" section where they already discuss other coins so I tend to think you were well in line. I also think that was quite the generous offer. Those DRK community members that are already familiar with nodes would seem pretty foolish not to take you up on that generous offer...

as NOT mentioned above
it was in the "Forum Feedback Section" of DCT
and NOT in the altcoin section
just to clarify
 Cool

I posted there because I was asking permission rather than just assume and post the giveaway in the altcoin forum.  I checked all the forums and it seemed the most apt but if there was a better one, I apologize.
Pasthetics

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023
In case people are wondering what he's talking about, I posted in the Forum Feedback section of Darkcointalk.org asking if it would be ok if I created a thread in their altcoin forum (where they discuss Altcoins) offering Darkcoin masternode owners Spreadcoin (or Darkcoin) to help test Spreadcoin masternodes.  I could have just started PMing people on there but wanted to be respectful and ask permission instead.  This didn't go over well with Tungfa as you can see.

MyFarm, you have been a class act from the start. Anyone who has spent any time following this thread can attest to that. Kudos!

Regardless of tungfa overreaction, I think that it was a great idea to offer those in that community that already have the experience required to facilitate such testing an opportunity to do so. As you mentioned, it WAS in their "altcoin" section where they already discuss other coins so I tend to think you were well in line. I also think that was quite the generous offer. Those DRK community members that are already familiar with nodes would seem pretty foolish not to take you up on that generous offer...

as NOT mentioned above
it was in the "Forum Feedback Section" of DCT
and NOT in the altcoin section
just to clarify
 Cool

Jump to: