Author

Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes - page 219. (Read 810085 times)

legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
Oh my God!  The ignore button is AWESOME!!!!
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
What I don't get:

What is so bad about pool(s) ? Smiley

well, there are 2 main things:

1- centralization of hashpower in the hands of few pool owners (sometimes a single pool has 51% of the hash power, which allows them to perform 51% attacks on the network)
2- multipools dumping the coins as soon as they are mined, making the price of the coin go down.

There are also good things about pools, like enabling more predictability in the income from mining and allowing small miners to mine when hashrates are too big. So it's actually a "choice" this coin has made to avoid pools, and it has been a successful one.

1. Well miners decide where to mine, if they see the pool gets too large/big, they can just move away. Fair pool ops would also close registrations and put a message on the pool for the miners to spread.

2. A multipool is also helping coins getting the price up.. Imagine coins that are not mineable anymore, a multipool mines other currencies and buys "that" coin with the coins it mined and pays out in "that" currency.. There is nothing bad about it - I - or any other pool op, could set up a normal multipool for SPR in a few minutes.

Some seem to forget that there are lot of "private" pools in SPR.. I saw a distribution chart somehwere in this thread, I think it was in the OP, well, if that doesn't look like there are a few private pools i don't know what it looks like Smiley

Everything that is somekind of "worthy" will be mined by people with lots of hashing power.. So always the people with the biggest hash get the most coin.. It doesnt matter if there are private or public pools Smiley

Activity: 268
Merit: 250
the "Ignore" function under the name is super handy... life is good Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
legendary
I really need to stop reading this thread, I have coding to do... but for some reason, it's hard to stop.
have you already sold your AMD miner to whales ??  Grin Grin

I told my grandpa I would give him a special blowjob...he is super happy!!  Grin Grin
what a good grandson!

LOL - someone got a hold of their parent's computer today.  Not much else in your life going on that excites you huh?
Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Did you finish your blowjov already?? Damn...you are good!!
legendary
Activity: 966
What I don't get:

They defeat the whole point of mining - to make it expensive to compromise a blockchain. A thousand miners all mining on separate machines are a hard target to ovecome, but a thousand miners all mining through one server controlled by one person is not. Pools short-circuit blockchain security. And the constant dumping of multipools acts as constant downward price pressure.
legendary

En is nothing but a language,even a native fool can speak it.

Hey Bitman008 I went through your posts and noticed that you signed up September 3rd 2014 posted for like 2 days then went missing till Jan. 2015 and started FUDDING in this thread? How many Shill accounts do you own my friend? Also I noticed that the majority of your posts are FUD in other threads? So unless you have anything positive to contribute to this thread it would be greatly appreciated if you quit trolling for cheap SpreadCoins my friend because there is no other reason for FUD than cheap coins for people who didn't get in at the right time.  Thanks buddy and have a super duper day Wink
personal attack is stupid.
let's talk about private pool and 80K scandle  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Wasn't a personal attack my friend was simply an observation about your account Grin I am merely trying to keep the positivity going in this thread and if that means asking questions to people who threaten the positivity of this thread then that's what I will do.  If you had nothing to hide or you weren't just trying to spread FUD here than you would gladly answer my questions no? Anyways like I have said please refrain from trying to convince people that this coin is a scam or shit coin and unless you have something constructive to say then please stop posting here Smiley We don't care about anything that you have to say Smiley Just saying Wink Cheers and HAVE A SUPER DUPER DAY!! SmileySmileySmileySmiley
plz focus on my posts,rather than my accout,it has nothing to do with you Grin
private pool and 80K scandle,what do you think of it? Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

I think it is horrendous.  Please dump the price down more.  I just got home from work and it is a blizzard outside.  I would like some more cheap SPR.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
What I don't get:

well, there are 2 main things:

1- centralization of hashpower in the hands of few pool owners (sometimes a single pool has 51% of the hash power, which allows them to perform 51% attacks on the network)
2- multipools dumping the coins as soon as they are mined, making the price of the coin go down.

There are also good things about pools, like enabling more predictability in the income from mining and allowing small miners to mine when hashrates are too big. So it's actually a "choice" this coin has made to avoid pools, and it has been a successful one.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
What I don't get:

A while ago I saw an interesting discussion :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/did-pools-scare-satoshi-away-911394

"Did pools scare satoshi away?"
legendary
Activity: 966
Can we do this again tomorrow?

I'm estimating the fun and games cost someone about 25BTC (a reasonable percentage of which is now in my pocket) and a free two day pass to monstercocks.com for bitman008 for his comedy routine.
Activity: 140
What I don't get:

Not bad for other coins,but for spr,look up at the title of this topic. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007
spreadcoin.info
I really need to stop reading this thread, I have coding to do... but for some reason, it's hard to stop.
I know right lol I woke up and had 5 pages of this nonsense to read through lol I find it quite hilarious the lengths that people will go through to score some cheap coins hahaha But at the same time it is pretty sad to know that people resort to bashing coins to score cheap coins for themselves but I guess that's Crypto for you! I am not complaining though because I was able to almost double my SpreadCoin stash since the FUD began Smiley

It's amusing and sad. Best part is, attacks like this on some coins could cause permanent damage - which would leave the attacker bagholding. This means they'll probably only attack coins they think are strong and can handle it - almost a compliment.

that's why we need to mitigate their damage.

Everybody: Never quote a troll directly.
If you really want to quote them, dismantle the quote and replace it with a placeholder (be creative)
Put them on ignorelist as soon as possible.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
What I don't get:

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
I know right lol I woke up and had 5 pages of this nonsense to read through lol I find it quite hilarious the lengths that people will go through to score some cheap coins hahaha But at the same time it is pretty sad to know that people resort to bashing coins to score cheap coins for themselves but I guess that's Crypto for you! I am not complaining though because I was able to almost double my SpreadCoin stash since the FUD began Smiley

It's amusing and sad. Best part is, attacks like this on some coins could cause permanent damage - which would leave the attacker bagholding. This means they'll probably only attack coins they think are strong and can handle it - almost a compliment.

But they are in the right in something: SPR will become more centralized after this since we will be buying all the cheap SPR that they and their minions are dumping... So, the suposed mining and "scandal" was not the cause of centralization, but their dump is Wink
Activity: 177

Don't worry guys...i believe we have some time to chat until he finishes his grandpa... unless the old man is hard to come.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
have you already sold your AMD miner to whales ??  Grin Grin
Today is a historic day,finally cominng the pool for a 'so-called' solo-mining coin, Grin Cheesy Wink Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE
Anybody want to make a comment on  private pool and 80K scandle ?
Let's face the fact!
of course,spr holder may try to avoid this subject.
I understand.

Go away already... super boring...
HaHaHaHa No doubt lol quit putting shit in big bold RED letters and I already answered your questions and my thoughts on what you keep posting! Now give it up buddy!! You have tried to FUD this coin and failed so stop posting in this thread and filling it with your nonsense please and thank you Smiley
Jump to: