Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [START] StartCOIN 2.0 - The digital currency for crowdfunding - page 45. (Read 538973 times)

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Twitter: @CrowdWhale

Frank = Vulture Fund

Hopefully people can see what's happening right now and recognize the current market conditions are seriously and artificially depressed. This is an opportunity you won't see again.
Guess I bruised Vulture's ego because he's in the troll chat thumping his chest bragging about dumping it below 2k again. Be ready. He'll be out of coins soon.

Now he's threatening that if Karl doesn't pay a guy StartCoin because of something unrelated to Karl he'll destroy the market. I'm genuinely starting to think this guy is mentally ill.

I'll take the cheap coins, though. This is literally the best thing that could have happened to me. I was buying at 2400 before this. The market never would have gone to this level without this guy. Gotta admit I feel a little bad for him, but nothing I can do about that.
Not responding to your negativity anymore. I don't see things the way you do. Make your own decisions and I'll make mine. I believe in the project and I'm building my position while it's cheap.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
I have one order and haven't had one filled since yesterday, so your claim I'm the only one buying is complete bullshit. The rest of what you said doesn't make sense, people can judge if I'm "lying" by the logic of my own words. In fact you just agreed 2k is the bottom and even with no other "hype" it could range upward 50%. You also agreed about the suppression. So what am I lying about? You were trying to be a bigshot saying you'd dump for 19 days and destroy the market until Karl did... something or other. You failed and now you're realizing all you did was sell at the bottom that you created.

I'm getting tired of responding to trolls. Buy, sell, or get lost, but stop wasting my time with unfounded claims and shit I've already answered.

yo yo Jason, I'm still holding a bunch of Start and I reccomended some people to buy it, so I have the same interest as you for this to pump.

But reality is reality, and as an expert trader you should know that most surely Start won't have a serious grow until Karl presents something good that we can hype. Karl has been a year "working" and still doesn't have a shit, what makes you think that in 2 months everything will be ready?  Roll Eyes

I have one order and haven't had one filled since yesterday, so your claim I'm the only one buying is complete bullshit. The rest of what you said doesn't make sense, people can judge if I'm "lying" by the logic of my own words. In fact you just agreed 2k is the bottom and even with no other "hype" it could range upward 50%. You also agreed about the suppression. So what am I lying about? You were trying to be a bigshot saying you'd dump for 19 days and destroy the market until Karl did... something or other. You failed and now you're realizing all you did was sell at the bottom that you created.

I'm getting tired of responding to trolls. Buy, sell, or get lost, but stop wasting my time with unfounded claims and shit I've already answered.
Activity: 366
The platform was released without serious promotion to the community so the kinks could be worked out. That's what's happening right now. It's a slow release, which is wise. New sites this large and complex always have bugs at first. You have people who don't understand that crying about it, plus one guy who literally stated he wanted to tank the price to punish Karl and stopped when he succeeded in artificially getting it "under 2k".

Here's the thing: These facts are why it's so cheap right now. It's all been priced in. So implying it's "falling" is incorrect. It "has fallen".

Just like always there are extra benefits to using START on the site and they've also said they intend to develop START after StartJoin is further along, so saying they don't care about it just isn't true.

If somehow you think, after the trolling and suppression, the price is going to go lower than it did when there was no StartJoin up and running at all, by all means sell. If you think, as I do, that these things have created a temporary opportunity to get the coin at some of the lowest prices ever, by all means buy.

Jason. I respect you man, but you're getting possessed by market manipulation theory. I fully agree with you about price supression, but you have to be sincere here. It's not the same to supress a reliable and hard working coin, that supress a shit like Startcoin.

I think you're the only one buying man. It's obvious that this shit will pump soon or later, but face the facts and don't lie people: Most probably Start will be at 2K-3K for a long period until Karl has some shit to hype the coin. And judging his words, it seems that it will take a lot of time.  Wink
One project I'm thinking about is this: I have an RPG that was online until 3 years ago when I went into trading full time and also had some personal tragedies that made it too difficult for me to focus on such projects. The game world starts out as nothing but rivers, forests, monsters, & resources. Everything in the world (items, buildings, roads, politics, etc.) is created by players who pan the streams, chop down trees, build roads, hunt, gather, or adventure. People used to pay quite a bit of money per capita to play it.

https://www.facebook.com/towrpg/

Ever since getting into crypto I've thought about converting it, or at least a server of it, to a "real money" economy where you can both deposit AND withdraw money.

Before that, however, I'm thinking about some basic games like dice, cards, lotto, etc. that would not only get START off Bittrex, but also provide a sink by sending a portion of profits to a burn address. I already mostly completed a system that allows people to make wagers against each other on Twitter. I also need to complete a bot that's about 80% done which will help with some basic market making tasks. I may even allow other people to take part, which was the original purpose of the name "CrowdWhale".

On a related note, does anyone know a top notch digital artist that's willing to work on a project without being paid in advance, or who might want to get paid via a StartJoin campaign?
Block halving is in a couple weeks, kinks are being addressed, and meanwhile I'll be proactively helping to find bugs, promote projects, provide liquidity in the market (when it isn't ridiculously low and I'm just buying), and thinking about a project or two of my own I want to list on there. Hopefully other people will be doing the same.
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
The platform was released without serious promotion to the community so the kinks could be worked out. It's a slow release, which is wise. That's what's happening right now. New sites this large and complex always have bugs at first. You have people who don't understand that crying about it, plus one guy who literally stated he wanted to tank the price to punish Karl and stopped when he succeeded in artificially getting it "under 2k".

Here's the thing: These facts are why it's so cheap right now. It's all been priced in. So implying it's "falling" is incorrect. It "has fallen".

Just like always there are extra benefits to using START on the site and they've also said they intend to develop START after StartJoin is further along, so saying they don't care about it just isn't true.

If somehow you think, after the trolling and suppression, the price is going to go lower than it did when there was no StartJoin up and running at all, by all means sell. If you think, as I do, that these things have created a temporary opportunity to get the coin at some of the lowest prices ever, by all means buy.
i feel the same. hope it will rise again.
The platform was released without serious promotion to the community so the kinks could be worked out. That's what's happening right now. It's a slow release, which is wise. New sites this large and complex always have bugs at first. You have people who don't understand that crying about it, plus one guy who literally stated he wanted to tank the price to punish Karl and stopped when he succeeded in artificially getting it "under 2k".

legendary
Activity: 1311
right now, startcoin is useless.. that's why the price is falling. Doesnt matter if startjoin is a big success, why should someone buy startcoin??

It is not publicly known what level of integration SC will have in V2. So buying SC is purely speculative.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
accept other coins? i'm ok with that but the coin at the platform MUST be only startcoin..
being more clear, if someone sends bitcoin or other coin, it will be converted to start to be used at the platform.

right now, startcoin is useless.. that's why the price is falling. Doesnt matter if startjoin is a big success, why should someone buy startcoin??
Activity: 575
Merit: 500
Sorry but I think I need to clear things up for people that have not been around for long. It has been stated quite clearly and without ambiguity by Karl that Startjoin V2 will accept a number of Alt Coins and this will not change. Users will be incentivised in a small way to use Startcoin, not sure of the details yet. The issue with using Startcoin alone is well documented if you have ever pledged to a project and as an example I will use Chris Ellis Full node project.

He required x amount of $ to complete his project, he raised the require amount to say build 20 nodes, quite a large sum of this was pledged in Startcoin. When he came to receive the funds and convert to BTC the price of Startcoin has declined and had he sold the coins he would have only had sufficient to build 17 nodes and there would have been a big sell on the market causing the price to fall further. Community members stepped in and brought them from him at a higher than market price so he could complete his project. 

In any event is is clear that if a project only accepts 1 coin when the owner comes to liquidate them there will be a fall in price. So it is obvious that accepting multiple coins spreads this risk and there should be less price decline once a project completes.

What has also been stated quite clearly and without ambiguity by Karl is that V2 is the priority and the price of Startcoin is not an issue that needs addressing by SCH their focus is purely Startjoin. The market will decide to price.

The release of V2 is not what people were expecting and despite Karl saying it was always a beta release he can produce no evidence of this, I certainly was not expecting a beta release, but it is what it is and we have to live with it. I believe that once V2 is fully functional there is a good chance that Startcoin will rise in value, not because of any support from SCH but by the very nature that SC is associated directly with SJ.

So in fact what has happen for those who believe that V2 is going to succeed, I have yet to be convinced, is that the poor release of a buggy platform has greatly enhanced the buying opportunity for those who believe.

There will always be people for and against any coin so trade with caution.
Yes, we heard you the first time.

We've already seen StartJoin v1 accept more than StartCoin and the price was in the 6500 to 11000 range with spikes to 18768, 55000, and 80000. v2 is in a public beta and will be ramping up over the next weeks, better than v1 ever was. Accepting only SC would be nice and all, but it's not necessary as has been proven already, so don't get carried away with that line of reasoning. No one but the rage-dumper wants to sell below 2k, but people bought as high as 2300 today. That will only improve as SJ ramps up operations. I'm still trying to accumulate (unsuccessfully since people are constantly jumping in front of me with orders), so buy, sell, or whatever you want to do.
Funny how people make sure to come in every day to talk shit about coins they supposedly aren't interested in. Shady scumbags. Some want a cheaper price. Some sold and want to make sure if they don't profit, no one else will either.

Get a life, please.
legendary
Activity: 1232
One might say there's no point in holding other currencies on the site if using START gives perks Wink

In any case, I think they owe it to the START community to dedicate themselves to a robust market.

I could make a dice and/or lotto game where half the profits go to a burn address. No idea if anyone would play it.

The founders don't give a * about startcoin. I think that's obvious to everyone (except for you) by now....
Activity: 322
There will be no pump. Dump this shit!
One might say there's no point in holding other currencies on the site if using START gives perks Wink

In any case, I think they owe it to the START community to dedicate themselves to a robust market.

I could make a dice and/or lotto game where half the profits go to a burn address. No idea if anyone would play it.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Stability and value to SC will be only achieved if they will only accept SC in the platform. This is the only reason I see an investor holding SC.
When you will have VC companies and real investors investing on the coin to invest in the projects of the platform, liquidity and volume will be the same - as a ex. shapeshift ( startjoin creation ) is a easy way to swap coins if you really want to invest in great projects

It was decided months ago that other cryptos were going to be accepted. Using SC will have some advantages on the platform over the other accepted currencies. That is it.
Shapeshift, good point. I wonder how that works. Does it market buy? Definitely need good liquidity to make that work.
Pages:
Jump to: