Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏 - page 48. (Read 202439 times)

Activity: 282
Merit: 100
So xmr has another babycoin to fud... nice  Cheesy

Actually I think that the Monero V guys unintenionally dag up an XMR vulnerability while trying to create a coin of dubious nature ( I avoid the word scam without solid proof ). Regarding Sumokoin, this incident rendered invalid the claims of the Monero community that our higher ringsize was nonsensical.

I was under the impression that higher ringsize doesn't mean anything at all :\, looked like it have a purpose after all.
Activity: 463
Merit: 253

Actually I think that the Monero V guys unintenionally dag up an XMR vulnerability while trying to create a coin of dubious nature ( I avoid the word scam without solid proof ). Regarding Sumokoin, this incident rendered invalid the claims of the Monero community that our higher ringsize was nonsensical.
Activity: 778
Merit: 252
Activity: 147
Merit: 0
MoneroV seems to be a  surprising and necessary fork after all.
How did the Monero entire community and dev team haven't seen this flaw the whole time?

The article is somewhat one-sided, but the parts and quotes from their team are reasonable.
As time passes, I support these guys more and more.
Activity: 10
Let Monero's problem be Monero's and Sumo's Sumo's.

By the way, for anyone who missed it:

Retweet this tweet to try to win any of the 20 supernifty Sumokoin Paper Wallet holders!! (also has room for microsd card):
https://twitter.com/SuperShiller/status/964786667596009472
Activity: 52
Is Sumokoin able to repel attacks like Monero V's that threaten Monero's anonymity?

Well according to this
https://btcmanager.com/monerov-trap-laid-monero-users/
(end of the article at the "Conclusion" part)
As for a concrete solution to chain split attacks, a higher minimum enforced ring size could be the answer. Ehrenhofer, along with Brandon Goodell, recommends a higher ring size and increasing this figure from five to eight, but comes with the cost of increasing fees and transaction sizes, “For a modest increase in fees and transaction size, we can be much more assured that Monero’s ring signatures are prepared for large chain split attacks.” Goodell proposed a range between eight and 16. With a ring signature of eight, every transaction will have eight signatures instead of five and eight possible inputs for one actual input spent, providing greater obfuscation. The attractiveness of this solution is that it is easily implemented.

Sumokoin has by default and since day one, 12 mixins which means a ringsize value of 13, also Sumokoin has a young chain with still small fees while bulletproofs implementation will keep the chain and fees at the current levels so this high ring value doesnt have any serious negative effects on its chain size and fees.
So I guess the answer is no, I think Sumokoin is secure from such kind of issues

Hmm, interesting. This means that the fud from Monero crowd was a lie. Great that Sumo is safe according to this.
Activity: 463
Merit: 253
Is Sumokoin able to repel attacks like Monero V's that threaten Monero's anonymity?

Well according to this
https://btcmanager.com/monerov-trap-laid-monero-users/
(end of the article at the "Conclusion" part)
As for a concrete solution to chain split attacks, a higher minimum enforced ring size could be the answer. Ehrenhofer, along with Brandon Goodell, recommends a higher ring size and increasing this figure from five to eight, but comes with the cost of increasing fees and transaction sizes, “For a modest increase in fees and transaction size, we can be much more assured that Monero’s ring signatures are prepared for large chain split attacks.” Goodell proposed a range between eight and 16. With a ring signature of eight, every transaction will have eight signatures instead of five and eight possible inputs for one actual input spent, providing greater obfuscation. The attractiveness of this solution is that it is easily implemented.

Sumokoin has by default and since day one, 12 mixins which means a ringsize value of 13, also Sumokoin has a young chain with still small fees while bulletproofs implementation will keep the chain and fees at the current levels so this high ring value doesnt have any serious negative effects on its chain size and fees.
So I guess the answer is no, I think Sumokoin is secure from such kind of issues
Activity: 52
Activity: 37
We need more exchanges, Cryptopia is allowing a simple 1 BTC to control the market and prices with a few sell walls. It's ridiculous we need a bigger exchange to get us some of this good old volume. Developer's is there any plan about it ? Kucoin always has a voting system, that I think our community is big enough to upvote it and get it listed. And if more money needed since the developer funds are over , which I don't know how to check and if there's any place where we can see them. We can always crowfund for some more and I already know we will be able to gather enough with the 1500 subreddit users and the over 2k in telegram.
Please , community and devs lets make it happen.

Very fair - Any response on this from the team?
Activity: 35
Its good to mine this coin.
The price will be higher. ( of course we will never now )
But its already above 3 dollar.
I have great hope for this coin
Activity: 17
The problem isn't the number of exchanges really. It's that's the main exchange for this coin is Craptopia. What's the use when you buy a bunch of Sumokoin and you can't withdraw it it to your own wallet because Craptopia's withdrawal system is broken and they have no idea when the problem will be rectified?

Do Sumo a favor and ditch this poor excuse of an exchange on the first chance you get. The sooner, the better.

In recent sumo dip I bought it on Cryptopia and withdrew to my wallet three times. All three times no problem. Arrived in ~20-30 min.

Either you were lucky, or I got the short straw. My withrdawal has been stuck at "Processing" on that crappy exchange for the 5th day now through no fault of my own. And according to them support tickets have a waiting time of 20 days before they're even looked at. So yeah, I'd welcome a more reliable exchange in their place.
Activity: 93
It's easier to mining another coin and then buy Sumo
Let mine Bitcoin, then use Bitcoin to buy Sumo coin. I guess this one will get lots of supported votes from naive miners, lol.

No, maybe we can mining another alt to buy this coin, if we mine btc with no upgrade our miner, so it's not profitable
What's so bad about mining sumokoin?
In my opinion, the problem is that there are more hash power mining than what we should expect attending at the price. I think people is mining for holding until 25-50-100$ due to the great potencial of Sumokoin.
(Sorry if my English is not good Smiley )
Activity: 658
Merit: 129
We're going to be doing some SUMOkoin giveaways here today.

https://discord.gg/qedu8YT

Just trying to give the community a chance to have some fun together and check out the coin.

Have some fun! And HODL that SUMO!

Stop this please or I will report you to the mod, you just want people joining the group through your Ref-Link, saw you on the Phore Topic with nearly the same message a few days ago:

DO NOT POST SESC LINKS
Activity: 41
Let mine Bitcoin, then use Bitcoin to buy Sumo coin. I guess this one will get lots of supported votes from naive miners, lol.

No, maybe we can mining another alt to buy this coin, if we mine btc with no upgrade our miner, so it's not profitable
What's so bad about mining sumokoin?
Activity: 26
i think this coin price will back to 9$ or 10$ in this year,this is very potential coin to hold now
Activity: 3

Activity: 282
Merit: 100
is the difficult harder now to mine  this coin?

Which coins are you talking about exactly?

It's not so bad mining Sumo directly now. It is still profitable. I earned like $3/day lol. Well better than nothing.
Activity: 93
I don't know why people is selling so cheap but thank you very much for my 200 new Sumokoins.  Grin
Activity: 105
Merit: 2
Captain obviousness
Activity: 119
Pages:
Jump to: