Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 16. (Read 226949 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Ok, I have removed the "=D" statement to try the variable difficulty and see how it works. Is there a way to tell what difficulty the pool has set my little USB miner at in bfgminer?

The last two numbers on your Accepted lines are the diff of the share submitted and the diff setting you're working on.

[2014-12-23 21:06:21] Accepted 002b8032 RKM 2b pool 1 Diff 1.51k/1.02k
 [2014-12-23 21:06:36] Accepted 003cfdd3 RKM 0f pool 1 Diff 1.07k/1.02k
 [2014-12-23 21:06:42] Accepted 0033bff2 RKM 3g pool 1 Diff 1.27k/1.02k
Activity: 88
Merit: 0
Ok, I have removed the "=D" statement to try the variable difficulty and see how it works. Is there a way to tell what difficulty the pool has set my little USB miner at in bfgminer?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

Was looking at my hash rate (coming) 11,000mh on the pool (seems like a lot, but not a lot maybe)

...perhaps another tweak to the calculator to add GH and TH for giggles as toggle options...there?

(yes, it is that high, now hash rate...we can talk in such terms) sigh....

later

brad

What would be the best difficulty setting for a USB Miner running about 5MH/s? Will variable difficulty work with this little miner?

My two Gridseed Orbs, putting out a grand total of 722KH/s are running at a difficulty of 256 set by the pool and getting in 3 to 5 shares per second. Your 5MH/s will fit right in.

And that's using the variable difficulty set by the pool?
What would be the best difficulty setting for a USB Miner running about 5MH/s? Will variable difficulty work with this little miner?

My two Gridseed Orbs, putting out a grand total of 722KH/s are running at a difficulty of 256 set by the pool and getting in 3 to 5 shares per second. Your 5MH/s will fit right in.

Activity: 838
Merit: 507
Hey guys, hoping someone can give me some good news here.

So basically this is my situation:
My laptop motherboard died last week (rip) and on it I had a litecoin core wallet that I used as an intermediary to then move to cold storage; I never kept more than 1 LTC on it so I'm not terribly worried about the crypto itself. HOWEVER, I locked my litecoinpool account to that wallet's address so in order to unlock it I need access to the wallet to get the digital signature. While I could make a new account and redirect my miner to it, I'd just prefer not to have to login to 2 litecoinpool accounts every time I want to check out my progress, especially with one of them dead in the water. If I do have to remake a new account this would be my third time doing so, with the original account being impossible to access due to a lost authenticator.

I completely understand the security risks involved with unlocking a payment address, so I'm not expecting anyone to take me at my word. The one thing I could come up with to prove my ownership of the miner (and therefore the account which only ever had 1 miner) is my ability to modify the settings of the miner. I could overclock it or underclock it to a specific mark, or take it offline at a specific time potentially. I could also route the traffic to a new account with a pre-determined account name.

I appreciate any input!

tl;dr - can't access the old payment address anymore because laptop went kaput but I have complete access to the only miner the account has ever run. Hoping there's a way I could verify ownership given those factors.

1. If you lock your payout address, you should always keep backups of the wallet it's part of.
2. If it's just your laptop's motherboard that died, your hard disk might still be fine. You might still be able to extract it, connect it to another computer, and access your data.
3. If you still need assistance with your pool account, please send an email to support. Don't forget to include your username.
Activity: 1
Hey guys, hoping someone can give me some good news here.

So basically this is my situation:
My laptop motherboard died last week (rip) and on it I had a litecoin core wallet that I used as an intermediary to then move to cold storage; I never kept more than 1 LTC on it so I'm not terribly worried about the crypto itself. HOWEVER, I locked my litecoinpool account to that wallet's address so in order to unlock it I need access to the wallet to get the digital signature. While I could make a new account and redirect my miner to it, I'd just prefer not to have to login to 2 litecoinpool accounts every time I want to check out my progress, especially with one of them dead in the water. If I do have to remake a new account this would be my third time doing so, with the original account being impossible to access due to a lost authenticator.

I completely understand the security risks involved with unlocking a payment address, so I'm not expecting anyone to take me at my word. The one thing I could come up with to prove my ownership of the miner (and therefore the account which only ever had 1 miner) is my ability to modify the settings of the miner. I could overclock it or underclock it to a specific mark, or take it offline at a specific time potentially. I could also route the traffic to a new account with a pre-determined account name.

I appreciate any input!

tl;dr - can't access the old payment address anymore because laptop went kaput but I have complete access to the only miner the account has ever run. Hoping there's a way I could verify ownership given those factors.

Activity: 12
Hi there,

do you understand why I have these messages on my antminer L3+ kernel log?
Thanks in advance for your help!!!

DaTongue

http://www.image-heberg.fr/files/1523295587824823015.png
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
Hello, Is there a problem with the servers? My workers disconnected and the status is "dead"

As far as I can tell there has been no issue with any of the servers in the last 24 hours.
If  us.litecoinpool.org is dead, I guess I'm being DNS redirected then.
Activity: 11
us.litecoinpool.org just accepted a share from my miners.

in mine us servers it's still dead, just europe is alive
 us.litecoinpool.org just accepted a share from my miners.
Activity: 11
Hello, Is there a problem with the servers? My workers disconnected and the status is "dead"
usa servers are dead
europe server is alive
at least in my l3+, someone else?
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
Hello All.  Sorry if this was already covered in one of the other 59 pages but I have an issue that I am hoping someone can help me with.  

We use Awesome Miner and it is reporting us hashing at around 39k MH/S.  However, we are only reporting at 36 - 37k MH/S on Litecoinpool.

Is this degree of difference pretty normal?

Thanks so much  

Yes. You will almost always see slightly less hash rate as reported by the pool vs what your miner says. This is true on all pools, not just this one.
Activity: 1
Hello All.  Sorry if this was already covered in one of the other 59 pages but I have an issue that I am hoping someone can help me with.  

We use Awesome Miner and it is reporting us hashing at around 39k MH/S.  However, we are only reporting at 36 - 37k MH/S on Litecoinpool.

Is this degree of difference pretty normal?

Thanks so much  
Activity: 3

Was gonna get put up the old bbs game server again (lost gonzo bbs) was kinda huge..that was like 60 bucks a month at least with electric..found out about btc mining...got a
knc jupiter 300mh and turned it on..was I think around 1 btc a day at $150 a day btc the day I started...0ct 18th 2013....I also had a hedge on selling some Game of Thrones
swords for (eventually I sold them..but got me off the dime) for 3.5k....the miner after that was 3k (when I did finally sell all) thus my logic was for like 1.5k more than putting
up the game server again etc etc...and pay elec of 60 bucks am month for towers on that puppy..I figured I could mine for a year ..(looking at the diff) and then maybe pay
my house utils for another 3-5 months before doorstops....and hell..this BTC stuff could help the poor with microlending loans /bank stuff that was talked about at the time...
of course 3 weeks later I paid the unit off because all hell broke loose and btc was 1k I think around thanksgiving 2013 or some such sillyness
of course the whole works of cyrpto could skunk to tulips
Nov 2014 I went exclusive to knc titans and scrypt-pow and then Bitmain units ....L3's and L3+'s etc...have not had a btc machine since
but man..it is looking kinda dire on LTC prices
difficulty is a killer thou....at $120 an LTC and 400w and 250mh L3 and 12c kWh electric I'm getting
$1.13 a day ....down from my previous post per day....its the difficulty that is dragging the boat down...we need a price pump

$1.13 a day is rough.  So your basically breaking even at current LTC prices.

I guess there is an interesting dynamic that comes into play.  People without cheap power start shutting down their rigs and only the lucky few who have access to the cheapest power can afford to continue operating.  Seems like this sacrifices some of the decentralization since now only the big players keep their rigs running.  Then since it loses decentralization the value may theoretically drop even further leading to a cascade effect?  "the whole works of cyrpto could skunk to tulips" yikes!

Man this stuff seems crazy when you really try to think about all the variables.
copper member
Clueless!

er yep...

at one time Searing was 12 on the all-time list on litecoinpool...and I was as high as FOUR on the daily list...

now look at my standing (sigh)

daily standing is 834 and now my all time standing is 193...

...sh*t changes...but yeah....some folk did have bucks to toss into mining...blew past me they did in the last year or so

(then again..when I was doing this stuff LTC was $4.15 USD.....perspective don't ya know)

Sorry if I'm still starry-eyed here, but this is really fascinating to me.  It is difficult to fathom the scale of a single node investing so much.  That hash rate is roughly equivalent to 24,000 Antminers.  There's gotta be a big warehouse in china just draining the power-grid or something?

Currently, my ranking is at the very bottom...  Embarrassed  probably because I am CPU mining.  I understand no one can compete without special hardware these days.  At my current rate, I'll have a penny's worth of LTC in about a week!

So what got you into mining Searing (if you don't mind me asking)?  Did you get into mining for profit or was it more of an interesting hobby?  Currently I'm looking at it as more the latter, because I think I'll really get a better idea of the technology that way.

Regards!

Was gonna get put up the old bbs game server again (lost gonzo bbs) was kinda huge..that was like 60 bucks a month at least with electric..found out about btc mining...got a

knc jupiter 300mh and turned it on..was I think around 1 btc a day at $150 a day btc the day I started...0ct 18th 2013....I also had a hedge on selling some Game of Thrones

swords for (eventually I sold them..but got me off the dime) for 3.5k....the miner after that was 3k (when I did finally sell all) thus my logic was for like 1.5k more than putting

up the game server again etc etc...and pay elec of 60 bucks am month for towers on that puppy..I figured I could mine for a year ..(looking at the diff) and then maybe pay

my house utils for another 3-5 months before doorstops....and hell..this BTC stuff could help the poor with microlending loans /bank stuff that was talked about at the time...

of course 3 weeks later I paid the unit off because all hell broke loose and btc was 1k I think around thanksgiving 2013 or some such sillyness

of course the whole works of cyrpto could skunk to tulips

Nov 2014 I went exclusive to knc titans and scrypt-pow and then Bitmain units ....L3's and L3+'s etc...have not had a btc machine since

but man..it is looking kinda dire on LTC prices

difficulty is a killer thou....at $120 an LTC and 400w and 250mh L3 and 12c kWh electric I'm getting

$1.13 a day ....down from my previous post per day....its the difficulty that is dragging the boat down...we need a price pump

Activity: 3

er yep...

at one time Searing was 12 on the all-time list on litecoinpool...and I was as high as FOUR on the daily list...

...sh*t changes...but yeah....some folk did have bucks to toss into mining...blew past me they did in the last year or so

(then again..when I was doing this stuff LTC was $4.15 USD.....perspective don't ya know)

Sorry if I'm still starry-eyed here, but this is really fascinating to me.  It is difficult to fathom the scale of a single node investing so much.  That hash rate is roughly equivalent to 24,000 Antminers.  There's gotta be a big warehouse in china just draining the power-grid or something?

Currently, my ranking is at the very bottom...  Embarrassed  probably because I am CPU mining.  I understand no one can compete without special hardware these days.  At my current rate, I'll have a penny's worth of LTC in about a week!

So what got you into mining Searing (if you don't mind me asking)?  Did you get into mining for profit or was it more of an interesting hobby?  Currently I'm looking at it as more the latter, because I think I'll really get a better idea of the technology that way.

Regards!
copper member
Clueless!
How is there a user with ~12 GH/s ( https://www.litecoinpool.org/stats ) ?  The hashrate of the entire Litecoin network appears to be around 200GH/s and this one node has 12 of it?  Just someone who decided to spend millions on LiteCoin mining?  Is it that simple? Or do they have some newer faster tech that they aren't sharing?  your theories?

er yep...

Pages:
Jump to: