Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 14. (Read 226887 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hello, my account got hacked. Same username as here. The problem is that now they also have my e-mail account so I can't recover anything. If you can message me here to help out that would be great

Jk my bitcointalk account got hacked as well, RIP

If my account cannot be recovered please take my remaining litecoins as a donation to your great site
Activity: 12
Hello, my account got hacked. Same username as here. The problem is that now they also have my e-mail account so I can't recover anything. If you can message me here to help out that would be great
Activity: 60
Thanks you very much for "EU". I mean I honestly appreciated this.
It mades (our) internal pool seting process clear.

Code:
eu.litecoinpool.org.    300     IN      A       88.80.187.187
eu.litecoinpool.org.    300     IN      A       144.76.222.140
eu.litecoinpool.org.    300     IN      A       149.210.234.234
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
Is it possible to make EU.litecoinpool.org which leads to same servers like litecoinpool.org?
Can do.

Oh btw, litecoinpool.org have 3 DNS records but www.litecoinpool.org have just 2.
Different services. The former is for mining, the latter is for the website.
Activity: 60
Hi,
a little DNS favour to ask.

At
https://www.litecoinpool.org/help

you have:
Code:
stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 (Europe)
stratum+tcp://us.litecoinpool.org:3333 (US East Coast)
stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333 (US West Coast)
stratum+tcp://ltcpool5brio2gaj.onion:3333 (Tor hidden service)

Is it possible to make EU.litecoinpool.org which leads to same servers
like litecoinpool.org? I mean when using geo DNS for specific locations
its lovely to see where it goes. Thanks.

Oh btw, litecoinpool.org have 3 DNS records
but www.litecoinpool.org have just 2.

Code:
litecoinpool.org.       300     IN      A       88.80.187.187
litecoinpool.org.       300     IN      A       149.210.234.234
litecoinpool.org.       300     IN      A       144.76.222.140

vs

Code:
www.litecoinpool.org.   300     IN      A       158.69.196.61
www.litecoinpool.org.   300     IN      A       144.76.222.140
Ive noticed that the share efficiency has been lower than normal recently. Is there a particular reason for that? Does it have to do with the variability in hash rate that we have been experiencing? Are there any planned updates to increase the share efficiency?

As far as I can tell the global share efficiency hasn't moved substantially recently, it's still floating around a 99.5% average.
There isn't much to be done in terms of updates to increase this figure, as pool-side latency is already quite minimal. Most of the latency is due to network communication and miner software.
Activity: 13
Ive noticed that the share efficiency has been lower than normal recently. Is there a particular reason for that? Does it have to do with the variability in hash rate that we have been experiencing? Are there any planned updates to increase the share efficiency?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
That network hashrate has been bonkers lately. I really am starting to believe that bitmain is "testing" some new miners. What do you guys think?

Likely...I got out of mine at 5,350 USD sold the equiv of 16 L3+'s with Bitmain PSU's ..and feel lucky I got that...

but that was my bet...Bitmain being evil and all ..new equipment...thou if they are using the R3 chip like their USB hub miner there will not be THAT much

of a hash increase...we will see

but again I'm out (whew!)

brad

I actually just picked up an A4+ (becausse screw bitmain), and its been making a profit with low energy costs. But something is definitely funky...I saw bitmain tweet out today about a new transparency initiative. Its pretty laughable but we will see what happens in the next few months. I'll be mining until then!

I have a 'theory' on pow-scrypt mining right now

1) You 'probably' should take the money you have, that you want to apply to ASIC's from anybody, and just HODL it in the crypto of your choice

and hope for a pump...unless BTC goes from 8k to 10k well what is the point of getting equipment NOW..you take that cash now ..put it in an equip fund

and wait maybe for the next generation of miners (or not) and stay away from pre-orders....with bitmain mining pow scrypt in the meantime with new equip that don't work at all.

say you toss in 4K ...if it does go to 10k you now have 5k then you can look around and test the waters..but YOU don't have to put it in equip at that point...choices..

2) doing it this way...IF BTC dumps back to 6k say...you likely should not have gotten a miner of any ASIC flavor anyway...and you have either cash or crypto for your troubles

not a 'doorstop' miner. So, if I'm making sense, IF you are betting on a PUMP to make mining work and get an ASIC miner, make the coin work for you and ride it up ..then make your

decision at say a 20% gain in value (hopefully) and cash or whatever to use ..as the 'fund' towards next-generation equipment (which has it's own figuring out if worth it)

and again...if it dumps back to 6k you will be glad you did the above..in that you are not holding the bag on a doorstop or pre-order.

3) Myself, UNLESS I am 'excited' about a product like I was this last April on L3's from China with LTC at 4.15 a coin or something where I see it as something, to do. I really need to do

...I will simply take out a 4-8k loan from the bank and do it that way....not touch my crypto. In other words, if it is NOT worth a 'bank loan' to do. Then don't!

The logic has to follow the risk.

4) You probably should just HODL the coin...at least IMHO till next year or next generation ASIC stuff with ASIC makers taking your coin and you get it as a pre-order 3-4 months later and

the Bitmain monopoly..driving the difficulty up ...while they mine the new equipment in the meantime...well that ain't gonna fly anymore..have a plan.

5) also in my view, as a toy, I'd likely only be interested in FPGA type of machine like Baikal x10 or some such ..1 shot pony, 1 coin miners of BTC etc...just don't

cut it for me anymore...modifying the miner for making mining new algos they can program is attractive...not sure it will happen, but attractive.

e) IF you have stuff in the attic that you will die with ...and want to make the attic a rec room and get say 4k that way....and  use it to fund a wild shot at a

miner go for it...No risk...make your attic (empty) into a rec room and the house value goes up 10k or something. (I should do this) that kinda logic works for this.

but anyway, my take on this...I will have to be 'woo'ed' flowers/candy/romance/dancing....not gonna just fall on my back and let Bitmain have their way with me anymore

just saying Smiley If the math/timing etc don't work well enough, for me to go to the bank (like I did this last April 2017 for 12k and get L3's etc) ..

then it probably is not worth getting the miner, any miner, any mnfg, any ASIC flavor...ie I take my 'crypto' ball and go home.

These days, as they pop out ASIC miners from 'everyone' like toasters.

So if the price is gonna go from 8k to 10k 'save' crypto etc as above. Then consider a miner after you maybe build your stash say 25% or some such on the pump.

If BTC price goes 'sideways' at 8k ...again, no need to get a miner, more reason to wait for next generation or other types of miners/ASIC's or whatever.

IF BTC dumps in price to 6k. Obviously, getting a miner before that would be a 'regret'

Also, I use BTC here as a payment option, and the fact Altcoins follow the price of BTC up/down/sideways..but the HODL coin options work for any crypto with the above

I need motivation enough that I go to the 'evil' banker again and take out a LOAN, if that doesn't cool my jets, then ya, likely I should get the miner.

Again, I have to be 'wooed' damn it! Smiley

anyway, my take

Brad

That network hashrate has been bonkers lately. I really am starting to believe that bitmain is "testing" some new miners. What do you guys think?

Likely...I got out of mine at 5,350 USD sold the equiv of 16 L3+'s with Bitmain PSU's ..and feel lucky I got that...

but that was my bet...Bitmain being evil and all ..new equipment...thou if they are using the R3 chip like their USB hub miner there will not be THAT much

brad

I actually just picked up an A4+ (becausse screw bitmain), and its been making a profit with low energy costs. But something is definitely funky...I saw bitmain tweet out today about a new transparency initiative. Its pretty laughable but we will see what happens in the next few months. I'll be mining until then!
copper member
Clueless!

brad
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
Pooler, how is the state of litecoinpool in terms of financial stability? I am hoping that it is making a nice profit to help keep the lights on and you interested in continuing its development!

Our profits may not be as big as our competitors', but we are fully aware that financial sustainability is of the utmost importance for a PPS pool. We try to maintain a reasonable "buffer" at all times, so that we can sustain relatively long periods of bad luck.
Also I'd like to mention that, even though litecoinpool.org was never profit-oriented, it's always been one of my favorite projects. I've never given up on it just because there was a lack of profitability (and in over 6 years that happened quite a few times), and I still don't intend to. Smiley

This is one of the reasons Ive been here so long. Everyone likes profit but sometimes youre able to come across someone who isnt profit driven and will work a project just because they want to see it through. Thanks again, pooler, for being there for us over the many years!
copper member
Clueless!
Pooler, how is the state of litecoinpool in terms of financial stability? I am hoping that it is making a nice profit to help keep the lights on and you interested in continuing its development!

Our profits may not be as big as our competitors', but we are fully aware that financial sustainability is of the utmost importance for a PPS pool. We try to maintain a reasonable "buffer" at all times, so that we can sustain relatively long periods of bad luck.
Also I'd like to mention that, even though litecoinpool.org was never profit-oriented, it's always been one of my favorite projects. I've never given up on it just because there was a lack of profitability (and in over 6 years that happened quite a few times), and I still don't intend to. Smiley

I did not with my rant..mean to imply that litecoinpool has any issues as quoted above...but I do see a DOWNSIDE on scrypt-pow if Bitmain has new units and

releases now and other factors....we could have 6 months of turmoil on tall this ..reflected in high miner costs and low LTC prices...

On the other hand, I am hoping that Charlie Lee's buying partial into a bank with LTC foundation..will finally allow debit cards for LTC

https://oracletimes.com/litecoin-ltc-foundation-purchases-9-9-of-germanys-weg-bank-and-teams-up-with-tokenpay-tpay/

if that is the case..the next 6 months we may break even and at least be above water..if something like that was to come to pass soon

but with again Bitmain controlling 90% of the miners still doing LTC, and only game in town, along with LTC prices now...IF difficulty surpasses price

much more..they will be doorstops..which means NO ONE but bitmain ..is likely able to mine LTC, due to their low electric costs but mainly

with their 20c on the $1 advantage on equipment...it just does not bode well for LTC and scrypt-pow coins

so again at best I see 6 months of angst...till all this plays out...it is just gonna get ugly...I myself will not play Bitmain's pre-order game of 5 months

in advance, while they mine with equipment and shoot up difficulty over those months.. it's a fools game..but I expect they will try to do this anyway.

So anyway, litecoinpool will survive just fine...as to us mining LTC since 2014...well that is to be determined by a lot of stuff out of our control

brad

That is really great to hear! I love the community and litecoinpool, so I wanted to make sure that the project will continue well into the future.  Keep up the fantastic work, pooler! I will be keeping my single A4+ here as long as I can do so profitably!

copper member
Clueless!
Hey Pooler,

I sold my 8,000mh of Bitmain L3's and L3+ scrypt-pow miners, so I'm off the pool. Thanks for the run. Back in the day I think I got as high as 25 on all time list and was 2 on the

daily list for a while....I made 12,700 some LTC on your pool and should have kept them ALL.....(sigh) like 99.99998% or so of LTC holders, before April 2017 when LTC was $4.15 usd

and below...I swap'd for BTC or spent it....alas...

anyway, with Bitmain controlling about 51% of the pools for BTC and 90% of scrypt-pow miners that are still mining.. and soon will be at 51% for a lot of scrypt-pow coins like LTC, I doubt I

will be back to scrypt-pow and LTC.

Bitmain has a method where they will mine the summer, IMHO, with NEW EQUIPMENT, supposedly, at 3x the speed now and the same power, more or less and as a 4 month or so pre-order

thus the game is they will further run the difficulty up 30% or more over the summer before you could even get their units..if this is the case (again IMHO)

Thus with 90% of LTC miners and scrypt-pow now being Bitmain L3 and L3+ units...IF they all have to shut off...I really, really doubt I'm gonna play Bitmain's game

and start from scratch with new units as a pre-order in the fall.

Thus a lot of folk on your pool may move on unless some competitor comes in and stifles Bitmain...but alas it is looking a lot like 2014 when small fry BTC miners went the

way of the dodo

anyway, what I see coming down the pike this summer..so I took the $$$ and ran like heck!

anyway, hopefully, I'm wrong..but my logic on what I see as MORE than a bit of 'centralization' on Bitmain's part of scrypt-pow and LTC at least for the next 6 months

anyway, thanks for the pool...if it ever makes sense to come back ..I will simply fire up my account and start it up again

brad

I started mining with some moonlanders (totally not profitable with a high initial cost, but they were fun), but recently moved up to a Innosilicon A4+ and am pretty happy so far. Do you know for sure that there is a new machine coming out from Bitmain? Innosilicon seems to have the edge with hashrate efficiency for the time being, so its odd to see that Bitmain still is so dominant in the LTC space with their L3+. The difficulty seems to be pretty even lately, so what makes you think that Bitmain is up to their old tricks (and boy do they have a terrible reputation at that...). With the prices where they are, I assumed that the market is just saturated with machines and there isn't a huge incentive to come out with new hardware unless the price goes up a bit. Would love to hear more about your thoughts on it whole thing.

My assumption is that Bitmain has a new unit out...now if they we're smart they would NOT release it IMHO, and just mine like heck at these prices with their advantage of not only

cheap electric but also the fact the equipment likely ONLY cost them 20c on the $1 at most, on top of that! Thus with everyone else (90% of all scrypt-pow (LTC) miners that are

still profitable to run at say 8c or less kWh electric) they can also take advantage of the difficlulty drop ...so if I was them I'd skip this generation of miners and pound it...going

full evil and all)

BUT, they made so many other asic miners of many flavors, I doubt they don't have something on the shelf ready to go

again, the danger is IF they release the 'supposed' 3x miner at the same watts say...they will be the only one mining pow-scrypt....all the L3+'s or 90% of miners still hanging on

would shut off...also in that case (wanted or not) Bitmain would probably over the summer fill their data halls with such and then say pre-orders in the fall...the pow-scrypt

miners would then WATCH as Bitmain raised difficulty 30% of more over the summer while they filled their data hall with new equipment and pre-order stuff in the fall...thus

the L3+ would NEVER catch up ..thus if you want to mine scrypt-pow YOU'D HAVE TO START ALL OVER AS A PRE-ORDER WITH BITMAIN EQUIPMENT end of fall...

so if they were smart they would hold off on such a product...unless they really do want 51% of scrypt-pow and LTC and other crypto's which would be damn easy to do

IF they blew out the L3+ till end of fall, before you could get a equiv unit.

But monopolies always eat their young and go too far..thus it is possible the above is true and would ramp out with new equipment as above

just saying...for what I got in price for my miners and the advantages i had with equip/tax and other tricks..it was a no brainer, so I punted

evil is as evil does...I still think they are dumb enough to think they can own the scrypt-pow and LTC networks for the summer, blow out all the old products like the L3+

due to difficulty and expect the 'sheep' to line up and re-build scrypt-pow miners again from them as pre-orders in the fall....again with no other mnfg's owning 90% of market

rinse/wash/repeat

I don't think people are that dumb and will walk..but we will see....

brad
Hey Pooler,

I sold my 8,000mh of Bitmain L3's and L3+ scrypt-pow miners, so I'm off the pool. Thanks for the run. Back in the day I think I got as high as 25 on all time list and was 2 on the

daily list for a while....I made 12,700 some LTC on your pool and should have kept them ALL.....(sigh) like 99.99998% or so of LTC holders, before April 2017 when LTC was $4.15 usd

anyway, with Bitmain controlling about 51% of the pools for BTC and 90% of scrypt-pow miners that are still mining.. and soon will be at 51% for a lot of scrypt-pow coins like LTC, I doubt I

Bitmain has a method where they will mine the summer, IMHO, with NEW EQUIPMENT, supposedly, at 3x the speed now and the same power, more or less and as a 4 month or so pre-order

thus the game is they will further run the difficulty up 30% or more over the summer before you could even get their units..if this is the case (again IMHO)

Thus with 90% of LTC miners and scrypt-pow now being Bitmain L3 and L3+ units...IF they all have to shut off...I really, really doubt I'm gonna play Bitmain's game

Thus a lot of folk on your pool may move on unless some competitor comes in and stifles Bitmain...but alas it is looking a lot like 2014 when small fry BTC miners went the

way of the dodo

anyway, what I see coming down the pike this summer..so I took the $$$ and ran like heck!

anyway, hopefully, I'm wrong..but my logic on what I see as MORE than a bit of 'centralization' on Bitmain's part of scrypt-pow and LTC at least for the next 6 months

anyway, thanks for the pool...if it ever makes sense to come back ..I will simply fire up my account and start it up again

brad

I started mining with some moonlanders (totally not profitable with a high initial cost, but they were fun), but recently moved up to a Innosilicon A4+ and am pretty happy so far. Do you know for sure that there is a new machine coming out from Bitmain? Innosilicon seems to have the edge with hashrate efficiency for the time being, so its odd to see that Bitmain still is so dominant in the LTC space with their L3+. The difficulty seems to be pretty even lately, so what makes you think that Bitmain is up to their old tricks (and boy do they have a terrible reputation at that...). With the prices where they are, I assumed that the market is just saturated with machines and there isn't a huge incentive to come out with new hardware unless the price goes up a bit. Would love to hear more about your thoughts on it whole thing.

Hey Pooler,

way of the dodo

brad

Thank you, Brad! Smiley (I also got your message on IRC, sorry I wasn't around to answer.)
copper member
Clueless!
Hey Pooler,

way of the dodo

brad

Activity: 75
Interesting to see that at this current difficulty and the price of litecoin. Everyone is losing money. I wonder how long people can afford to continue mining and losing money.
Pages:
Jump to: