Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 15. (Read 226967 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Hey Pooler,

I sold my 8,000mh of Bitmain L3's and L3+ scrypt-pow miners, so I'm off the pool. Thanks for the run. Back in the day I think I got as high as 25 on all time list and was 2 on the

daily list for a while....I made 12,700 some LTC on your pool and should have kept them ALL.....(sigh) like 99.99998% or so of LTC holders, before April 2017 when LTC was $4.15 usd

and below...I swap'd for BTC or spent it....alas...

anyway, with Bitmain controlling about 51% of the pools for BTC and 90% of scrypt-pow miners that are still mining.. and soon will be at 51% for a lot of scrypt-pow coins like LTC, I doubt I

will be back to scrypt-pow and LTC.

Bitmain has a method where they will mine the summer, IMHO, with NEW EQUIPMENT, supposedly, at 3x the speed now and the same power, more or less and as a 4 month or so pre-order

thus the game is they will further run the difficulty up 30% or more over the summer before you could even get their units..if this is the case (again IMHO)

Thus with 90% of LTC miners and scrypt-pow now being Bitmain L3 and L3+ units...IF they all have to shut off...I really, really doubt I'm gonna play Bitmain's game

and start from scratch with new units as a pre-order in the fall.

Thus a lot of folk on your pool may move on unless some competitor comes in and stifles Bitmain...but alas it is looking a lot like 2014 when small fry BTC miners went the

way of the dodo

anyway, what I see coming down the pike this summer..so I took the $$$ and ran like heck!

anyway, hopefully, I'm wrong..but my logic on what I see as MORE than a bit of 'centralization' on Bitmain's part of scrypt-pow and LTC at least for the next 6 months

anyway, thanks for the pool...if it ever makes sense to come back ..I will simply fire up my account and start it up again

brad

I started mining with some moonlanders (totally not profitable with a high initial cost, but they were fun), but recently moved up to a Innosilicon A4+ and am pretty happy so far. Do you know for sure that there is a new machine coming out from Bitmain? Innosilicon seems to have the edge with hashrate efficiency for the time being, so its odd to see that Bitmain still is so dominant in the LTC space with their L3+. The difficulty seems to be pretty even lately, so what makes you think that Bitmain is up to their old tricks (and boy do they have a terrible reputation at that...). With the prices where they are, I assumed that the market is just saturated with machines and there isn't a huge incentive to come out with new hardware unless the price goes up a bit. Would love to hear more about your thoughts on it whole thing.

Pooler, how is the state of litecoinpool in terms of financial stability? I am hoping that it is making a nice profit to help keep the lights on and you interested in continuing its development!
Activity: 838
Merit: 507
Hey Pooler,

I sold my 8,000mh of Bitmain L3's and L3+ scrypt-pow miners, so I'm off the pool. Thanks for the run. Back in the day I think I got as high as 25 on all time list and was 2 on the

daily list for a while....I made 12,700 some LTC on your pool and should have kept them ALL.....(sigh) like 99.99998% or so of LTC holders, before April 2017 when LTC was $4.15 usd

anyway, with Bitmain controlling about 51% of the pools for BTC and 90% of scrypt-pow miners that are still mining.. and soon will be at 51% for a lot of scrypt-pow coins like LTC, I doubt I

Bitmain has a method where they will mine the summer, IMHO, with NEW EQUIPMENT, supposedly, at 3x the speed now and the same power, more or less and as a 4 month or so pre-order

thus the game is they will further run the difficulty up 30% or more over the summer before you could even get their units..if this is the case (again IMHO)

Thus with 90% of LTC miners and scrypt-pow now being Bitmain L3 and L3+ units...IF they all have to shut off...I really, really doubt I'm gonna play Bitmain's game

Thus a lot of folk on your pool may move on unless some competitor comes in and stifles Bitmain...but alas it is looking a lot like 2014 when small fry BTC miners went the

way of the dodo

anyway, what I see coming down the pike this summer..so I took the $$$ and ran like heck!

anyway, hopefully, I'm wrong..but my logic on what I see as MORE than a bit of 'centralization' on Bitmain's part of scrypt-pow and LTC at least for the next 6 months

anyway, thanks for the pool...if it ever makes sense to come back ..I will simply fire up my account and start it up again

brad

Thank you, Brad! Smiley (I also got your message on IRC, sorry I wasn't around to answer.)
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Hey Pooler,

way of the dodo

brad

Activity: 75
Interesting to see that at this current difficulty and the price of litecoin. Everyone is losing money. I wonder how long people can afford to continue mining and losing money.
Hey guys firstly great pool. secondly could you kindly add ZAR South Africa Rand to the currency list please.

Done.
Activity: 23
Hey guys firstly great pool. secondly could you kindly add ZAR South Africa Rand to the currency list please.
Any chance you could add Canadian dollars as a Main Currency in the account settings.

Done! Smiley
Activity: 19
On average litecoinpool find the most blocks I have ever seen. Just wish the miners could get some of that rewards. Not the whole 25 LTC but maybe 50%. Would certainly help the little guys trying to mine. I understand the pool needs money to operate but 5 grand , Just on may 10 2018, Litecoinpool found 14 blocks so that 56,000 US dollars.

I'm not sure you understand how PPS works at 101% reward, litecoinpool pays miners all 100% of the 25 LTC reward and then an extra 1%. This extra 1% (and litecoinpool's profit) comes from merge mining several other coins.

I have run some experiments solo mining to compare the rewards earned to what litecoinpool pays out and I can safely say it is paying out correctly.

Also, unless you've run a pool at the scale of litecoinpool.org, you can't begin to estimate the cost. You're clearly experiencing symptoms of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Ouch that hurt. All I was asking was a simple question and all I get from you is an insult.

RTFM
Activity: 65
Merit: 2
On average litecoinpool find the most blocks I have ever seen. Just wish the miners could get some of that rewards. Not the whole 25 LTC but maybe 50%. Would certainly help the little guys trying to mine. I understand the pool needs money to operate but 5 grand , Just on may 10 2018, Litecoinpool found 14 blocks so that 56,000 US dollars.

I'm not sure you understand how PPS works at 101% reward, litecoinpool pays miners all 100% of the 25 LTC reward and then an extra 1%. This extra 1% (and litecoinpool's profit) comes from merge mining several other coins.

I have run some experiments solo mining to compare the rewards earned to what litecoinpool pays out and I can safely say it is paying out correctly.

Also, unless you've run a pool at the scale of litecoinpool.org, you can't begin to estimate the cost. You're clearly experiencing symptoms of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Ouch that hurt. All I was asking was a simple question and all I get from you is an insult.
Activity: 19

Any chance you could add Canadian dollars as a Main Currency in the account settings.
Activity: 6
OK. Thanks for warning. I was thinking mining_proxy help me with the issue using minerd
Hello! I recently joined to litecoinpool.org and I have some issues, but when I click “Forum” it sends mi to bitcointalk.org, and I am beginner about virtual currencies. I need help with: a problem configuring mining_proxy or a problem is access connection to litecoinpool?

C:\zyx\Minerd-CPU>mining_proxy -o us.litecoinpool.org -p 3333 -t -v
[...]
2018-05-16 10:49:47,328 DEBUG socket_transport socket_transport.clientConnectionFailed # [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): : None: address 'us.litecoinpool.org' not found: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed.

That looks like a DNS issue on your side.

At any rate, are you sure that you want to use a Stratum proxy? Normally that only makes sense if you have a very high number of miners and bandwidth constraints.

Finally, since your post suggests you may be trying to mine with CPUs: don't do that. Trying to mine Litecoin without specialized hardware is a waste of time.
Activity: 6
Hello! I recently joined to litecoinpool.org and I have some issues, but when I click “Forum” it sends mi to bitcointalk.org, and I am beginner about virtual currencies. I need help with: a problem configuring mining_proxy or a problem is access connection to litecoinpool?

C:\zyx\Minerd-CPU>mining_proxy -o us.litecoinpool.org -p 3333 -t -v
2018-05-16 10:49:35,278 DEBUG stats logger.get_logger # Logging initialized
2018-05-16 10:49:35,289 DEBUG protocol logger.get_logger # Logging initialized
2018-05-16 10:49:35,290 DEBUG socket_transport logger.get_logger # Logging initialized
2018-05-16 10:49:35,322 DEBUG proxy logger.get_logger # Logging initialized
2018-05-16 10:49:35,323 DEBUG proxy logger.get_logger # Logging initialized
2018-05-16 10:49:35,325 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.main # Stratum proxy version: 1.5.2
2018-05-16 10:49:35,325 WARNING proxy mining_proxy.main # Trying to connect to Stratum pool at us.litecoinpool.org:3333
2018-05-16 10:49:47,328 DEBUG socket_transport socket_transport.clientConnectionFailed # [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): : None: address 'us.litecoinpool.org' not found: [Errno 11001] getaddrinfo failed.
]
2018-05-16 10:49:57,809 DEBUG socket_transport socket_transport.clientConnectionFailed # [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): : None: address 'us.litecoinpool.org' not found: [Errno 11002] getaddrinfo failed.
]
Unhandled error in Deferred:
Unhandled Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
Failure: stratum.custom_exceptions.TransportException: SocketTransportClientFactory connection timed out
2018-05-16 10:50:17,255 DEBUG socket_transport socket_transport.clientConnectionFailed # [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): : None: address 'us.litecoinpool.org' not found: [Errno 11002] getaddrinfo failed.
]
2018-05-16 10:50:46,377 DEBUG socket_transport socket_transport.clientConnectionFailed # [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): : None: address 'us.litecoinpool.org' not found: [Errno 11002] getaddrinfo failed.
]
2018-05-16 10:50:50,661 INFO proxy mining_proxy.on_shutdown # Shutting down proxy...
¿Desea terminar el trabajo por lotes (S/N)?
Activity: 22
Gone are the days where you will make a lot mining unless you have 100+ machines. Until Bitmain comes out with a better miner, the L3+ is the best for mining scrypt coin. The difficulty keeps getting higher mining Litecoin. So, you will be lucky to make $2.00 /day if you mine it directly. You would be better off mining a different scrypt coin directly like Verge or Gamecredits. Or, sell your hashing power to nicehash and you will make $5 to $7 /day.

Either the value of Litecoin needs to increase or we get a faster miner to make mining Litecoin worth it.
Activity: 2
Anyone wanna take a guess at what how much of a litecoin a 500 mh/s Antminer L3+ will be mining in 6 months? I bet it's only going to be .2 of a litecoin.  If the network hash rate keeps on going up at its current rate without any sort of price movement, then this coin is going to be put in to its grave.  You would think that a huge increase in mining would at some point equate to an increase in purchasing demand as well, but that hasn't even come close to happening.  Maybe it will once new people decide that the best way to get litecoin is to purchase instead of mine.

One theory on the whole market is that purchasing with a credit/debit card was the easy and quick way to get in to the market, and now that all the major card company's have almost banned purchasing with them the lack of new entrants in to the market has dried up and there is no new money coming in. Or at least it takes a lot longer for that new money to enter the market since impulse buying of crypto's is a lot harder since it either needs to be bank or wire transfer.

Anyways hope we get some price movement!

Activity: 74

[/quote]

I've not run any of the S9's but the Bitmain software is the same between my RT1-LTC, D9's & L3+'s so safe bet would be yes...

On a side note, where's a good place to point D9's for BTC?

Good Luck, and welcome to the Lite Side!

[/quote]

Thanks!

I have been mining on Kano pool and had good luck and great support in the Forum.   The use PPLNS and use 5ND for ramping up and down.

In short, miner goes down, pool hits a block, you still share in the rewards..

I am very happy there and rewards are the best of anywhere I have found...  I've tried Antpool and Slujshpool then found Kano pool and never went anywhere else...

They are not the biggest, but in my opinion they are the best....

PM me if you have any questions..

Activity: 2
OK new to the Litecoin world as I am diversifying from BTC

I am currently running 8 S9's mining BTC

Just bought 2 of the Antminer L3+....

Is it the same setup bitmain software (root/root) that the S9's use? Just point at the pools US and US2 pools?

I already have my account and wallet all setup with Litecoin....

Any other tricks or things I should know...

Mine on!

I've not run any of the S9's but the Bitmain software is the same between my RT1-LTC, D9's & L3+'s so safe bet would be yes...

On a side note, where's a good place to point D9's for BTC?

Good Luck, and welcome to the Lite Side!
Pages:
Jump to: