Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 33. (Read 227010 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
L3+  Supports  SSL/TLS, I do not know ?

If your mining software supports Stratum over SSL/TLS, you can connect to port 3443 (instead of 3333) to obtain a secure encrypted connection. This makes it impossible for a man-in-the-middle attacker to send malicious spoofed requests to your miner. All our servers support this feature, including the Tor hidden service.
Activity: 839
Merit: 507
L3 + per day on the antpool - 0.98-1.02 LTC, and how many per day on litecoinpool -?

At the current difficulty and PPS rate it's about 1.056 LTC/day for 500 MH/s. See the calculator on the website.
Activity: 22

L3 + per day on the antpool - 0.98-1.02 LTC, and how many per day on litecoinpool -?
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
Huh

how can I do to improve the hashrate ?
I have 2 piece of a4 dominator (expect 280MHS) , running for a week .
current hashrate around 200MHS
voltage : 815v
corespeed : 1200MHz
temperature all below 60 cellcius degree

Which A4 firmware? Getting the latest helps, at least on my A4's, get near 280MH/s with litecoinpoool.org
Activity: 1
 Huh

how can I do to improve the hashrate ?

I have 2 piece of a4 dominator (expect 280MHS) , running for a week .

current hashrate around 200MHS

voltage : 815v

corespeed : 1200MHz

temperature all below 60 cellcius degree

hi all, what's the best server for Asian country? Im from Malaysia.

I suggest using us2.litecoinpool.org, the West coast has pretty good connectivity to Asia.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
hi all, what's the best server for Asian country? Im from Malaysia.

Thanks.
I mean...as far as value goes - sure they aren't worth as much now. But if they go up and there's a large sum you are holding = not bad. You're also correct in that I could trade for those too but that's also another layer of expenses for exchange fees (not to mention time/risk/etc).

I'd like to point out that exchange fees are negligible compared to the extra rewards you get. Let's take F2Pool for example. Their website says that they offer a PPS system with 4% fee, plus 1000 DOGE for every LTC mined. At the time of this writing, 1 DOGE is worth about 0.000055 LTC, which means that the extra dogecoins add about 5.5% to your payouts. This gives an effective PPS ratio of (1 - 0.04) × (1 + 0.055) = 101.3%, far lower than the 108% we're currently offering.

I've said before that most of the miners I've received feedback from don't want to have to worry about multiple currencies; I'll add that those who do, generally prefer to diversify their portfolio themselves rather than holding on passively to whatever merged mining yields - which I think makes sense, as it gives you infinitely more options. Given this, in my opinion receiving payouts in a single currency actually makes things easier.
Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Do you folks payout in anything other than LTC (I.e. some Doge, and/or other merged coins)?
The pool pays out in litecoins only.This has been brought up before, see this post.

The only thing drawing me to Antpool or F2Pool are merged coin payouts. That's more probability for profits imo as the other coin values could go up - increasing revenue exponentially (and potentially... Grin)
I think what really matters is the value of the rewards a miner accrues at the time they are credited. If one wants to invest in Dogecoin or some other cryptocurrency because they expect the price to go up, they can always do so by exchanging their litecoins.
By the way, I'm pretty sure that if you do the math you'll find out that our payouts are significantly higher than Antpool's or F2Pool's, even when you account for the extra dogecoins. Wink

I mean...as far as value goes - sure they aren't worth as much now. But if they go up and there's a large sum you are holding = not bad. You're also correct in that I could trade for those too but that's also another layer of expenses for exchange fees (not to mention time/risk/etc).

I will consider checking this out and doing a comparison on the payouts.

Thanks Pooler Smiley
Do you folks payout in anything other than LTC (I.e. some Doge, and/or other merged coins)?
The pool pays out in litecoins only.This has been brought up before, see this post.

The only thing drawing me to Antpool or F2Pool are merged coin payouts. That's more probability for profits imo as the other coin values could go up - increasing revenue exponentially (and potentially... Grin)
I think what really matters is the value of the rewards a miner accrues at the time they are credited. If one wants to invest in Dogecoin or some other cryptocurrency because they expect the price to go up, they can always do so by exchanging their litecoins.
By the way, I'm pretty sure that if you do the math you'll find out that our payouts are significantly higher than Antpool's or F2Pool's, even when you account for the extra dogecoins. Wink
Activity: 181
Merit: 101
Hey pooler - I've been trying to look for this answer and I think I know the answer...

I see you folks are doing merged mining, but it doesn't seem that payouts for any merge mining coins are possible. It makes sense that you folks give an increased PPS payout for this, but I just wanted to make sure...

Thank you for the awesome pool! I have 10 L3+ miners on the way and I may throw them on your pool. The only thing drawing me to Antpool or F2Pool are merged coin payouts. That's more probability for profits imo as the other coin values could go up - increasing revenue exponentially (and potentially... Grin)

Long live LTC!
Activity: 79
Merit: 18
Running cpuminer on all 4 threads it drew 1.577 watts with a mouse and keyboard plugged in.  Only hashed at 1.84 hash/s total though.  Running through a DrOK inline USB power meter.  I think this thread is viewable by everybody, you just need a login to comment: https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=186721  The Pi model was a 3B.  Not that I'm advocating CPU mining, just that some of these little guys are pretty efficient.

[edit]

Well, maybe but not for mining I guess.  I worked this out, I don't know if it's right:

1 joule = 1 watt second
A pi3b draws 1.577 watts and does 1.84 khash/s using all 4 cores

So each hash takes 1/1840 seconds or .00054348 seconds
times 1.577 = .000857 joules/hash(?)

I want Mhash/J so flip joules/hash:
1/0.000857 = 1166.861

That's 1.166 khash/j
so 0.001166 Mhash/J  (?)
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Woot! Found my first block with my 1 L3+ after 1.6TH of work. Glad I did not try to solo, I'd have no hair left.

I've 3 L3+'s mining like 5 weeks w/o a block

glad I was on www.litecoinpool.org

be a coward...the pucker factor is less Smiley

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Computer Service Tech
Woot! Found my first block with my 1 L3+ after 1.6TH of work. Glad I did not try to solo, I'd have no hair left.
51% Attack F2Pool

Sorry but this is misleading (and I say this against my own interests). First of all, one entity controlling 51% does not mean an attack is going on: the entity would have to intentionally plan an attack, and I'm pretty sure this is against the interest of any pool. Secondly, one does not need to have 50% in order to perform such an attack, even with 30% the probability of succeeding is relatively high.
Activity: 2
51% Attack F2Pool
https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools

I think the reason this happens is that al new LTC mining equipment is standard pointing to Antpool or F2Pool.
Most of the new equipment is sold to farms in China, and it's very simple that they want a chinese language pool..

If we want more (chinese) people mining at Litecoinpool.org, we should make chinese language available.

There are a lot more L3+ units underway....

51% Attacks expained :
http://coinnoob.com/51-percent-attack
Hi there. Do you offer merged mining with litecoin ? And if yes, what other coins you offer ? And at what rate per LTC mined ?

Since September 11, 2014, the pool supports merged mining of Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies, resulting in higher payouts than with a regular Litecoin pool.
We are currently merged-mining Argentum, Dogecoin, Huntercoin, Pesetacoin, Umbrella-LTC, Viacoin.

You literally quoted the answer to your first two questions yourself. The answer to the third question is the "PPS ratio" that you can find on the top right of every page of the website. For further details, see this other post and the pages linked from there.
Activity: 4
Hi there. Do you offer merged mining with litecoin ? And if yes, what other coins you offer ? And at what rate per LTC mined ?

Since nobody has done it yet, I'm launching a pure pay-per-share Litecoin pool. As you probably know, this system has several advantages:

• No penalty for orphaned blocks.
  • Predictable income: you are no more subject to bad luck.
  • Rewards are instantly credited to your account (you don't have to wait for a block to be solved or confirmed).
  • You can be sure that the pool operator is not cheating (because you know how many shares you submit).
  • Immunity to pool hopping.

This method results in the least possible variance for miners.

Other features include: (updated)

• Exclusive ultra-low-latency Stratum implementation, written in C for maximum performance
  • Support for Stratum over SSL/TLS, to prevent MITM attacks
  • Support for extensions to the Stratum protocol, including resume, suggest_difficulty and suggest_target
  • Adaptive share difficulty (“vardiff”)
  • Geographically-distributed, redundant servers
  • Detailed stats updated every minute
  • Detailed history of earnings and payouts
  • Per-worker performance graphs
  • Automatic and manual payouts
  • Email notification of idle miners
  • Two-factor authentication support
  • Extensive JSON API and mobile interfaces
  • Website and mining interface also accessible as Tor hidden services
  • Lightweight interface

Since September 11, 2014, the pool supports merged mining of Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies, resulting in higher payouts than with a regular Litecoin pool.
We are currently merged-mining Argentum, Dogecoin, Huntercoin, Pesetacoin, Umbrella-LTC, Viacoin.

https://www.litecoinpool.org/

Feedback and feature requests are very welcome! Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
hi

i just purchase a few set of gridseed 5 chips usb miners to mine litecoin.

but i only got about 10 kh/s for each miner when i setup bfgminer to mine.

any idea why i can only get so low speed ?

i use litecoinpool.org

tks
 Undecided

Not much info there.  What's the clock speed set to?

I'm using dmaxl's cgminer on the 80 chip version and seeing 5,317 kH/s by litecoinpool's reckoning.  You have 1/16 as many chips so I'm guessing you should see about 332 kH/s.

If you're using cgminer try adding the line
"gridseed-options": "freq=800"
to your cgminer.conf and restarting.  Ooops, just saw the bfgminer in your post  I used that briefly, don't know how to set the speed.  It's probably similar since one is a fork of the other.  Are you seeing any hardware errors"  I see HW:0.

Oh, those things are USB powered, right?  You're going to have similar power issues to stickminers, need to use a hub that can supply a fair bit of current to each USB jack.  A symptom is that one miner runs well but when you plug in several they slow down.  A good hub from the Gekkoscience threads is https://www.amazon.com/Superbpag-Portable-Charger-Transfer-Samsung/dp/B013OK10YM  It might be overkill for Gridseeds but it eliminates one worry.

Oh, and even with 80 chips I make about $0.20 per day so don't expect to get rich.

good info. let me try to use cgminer instead.

80chips only can get about 0.2 per day... looks like mining litecoin isnt very profitable.

It is profitable, you're just using very old, inefficient hardware to mine.
Activity: 6
hi

i just purchase a few set of gridseed 5 chips usb miners to mine litecoin.

but i only got about 10 kh/s for each miner when i setup bfgminer to mine.

any idea why i can only get so low speed ?

i use litecoinpool.org

tks
 Undecided

Not much info there.  What's the clock speed set to?

I'm using dmaxl's cgminer on the 80 chip version and seeing 5,317 kH/s by litecoinpool's reckoning.  You have 1/16 as many chips so I'm guessing you should see about 332 kH/s.

If you're using cgminer try adding the line
"gridseed-options": "freq=800"
to your cgminer.conf and restarting.  Ooops, just saw the bfgminer in your post  I used that briefly, don't know how to set the speed.  It's probably similar since one is a fork of the other.  Are you seeing any hardware errors"  I see HW:0.

Oh, those things are USB powered, right?  You're going to have similar power issues to stickminers, need to use a hub that can supply a fair bit of current to each USB jack.  A symptom is that one miner runs well but when you plug in several they slow down.  A good hub from the Gekkoscience threads is https://www.amazon.com/Superbpag-Portable-Charger-Transfer-Samsung/dp/B013OK10YM  It might be overkill for Gridseeds but it eliminates one worry.

Oh, and even with 80 chips I make about $0.20 per day so don't expect to get rich.

good info. let me try to use cgminer instead.

80chips only can get about 0.2 per day... looks like mining litecoin isnt very profitable.
Pages:
Jump to: