Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org) - page 34. (Read 227010 times)

Activity: 79
Merit: 18
hi

i just purchase a few set of gridseed 5 chips usb miners to mine litecoin.

but i only got about 10 kh/s for each miner when i setup bfgminer to mine.

any idea why i can only get so low speed ?

i use litecoinpool.org

tks
 Undecided

Not much info there.  What's the clock speed set to?

I'm using dmaxl's cgminer on the 80 chip version and seeing 5,317 kH/s by litecoinpool's reckoning.  You have 1/16 as many chips so I'm guessing you should see about 332 kH/s.

If you're using cgminer try adding the line
"gridseed-options": "freq=800"
to your cgminer.conf and restarting.  Ooops, just saw the bfgminer in your post  I used that briefly, don't know how to set the speed.  It's probably similar since one is a fork of the other.  Are you seeing any hardware errors"  I see HW:0.

Oh, those things are USB powered, right?  You're going to have similar power issues to stickminers, need to use a hub that can supply a fair bit of current to each USB jack.  A symptom is that one miner runs well but when you plug in several they slow down.  A good hub from the Gekkoscience threads is https://www.amazon.com/Superbpag-Portable-Charger-Transfer-Samsung/dp/B013OK10YM  It might be overkill for Gridseeds but it eliminates one worry.

Oh, and even with 80 chips I make about $0.20 per day so don't expect to get rich.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
hi

i just purchase a few set of gridseed 5 chips usb miners to mine litecoin.

but i only got about 10 kh/s for each miner when i setup bfgminer to mine.

any idea why i can only get so low speed ?

i use litecoinpool.org

tks

Undecided

Activity: 2
First of all, thank you, its working now.-
Next thing is that i dont need to pay for the power consumption, for 12 hours a day. In case of that i can use it in this time, cause my PC is running 24h/day anyway with nearly constant 800 up to 1000 wats.
Activity: 839
Merit: 507
Hey, just get everytime invalid shares. I mine with the cuda miner and my nVidia GPU with this bat

cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt:2048 -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u yourworker.1 -p password.1 -i 0 -l T10x20 -C 1 -H 2

Wrong algorithm. Try scrypt:1024 instead.

And the usual warning: as explained on the website, GPU mining Litecoin today is very unprofitable and strongly discouraged.
Activity: 2
Hey, just get everytime invalid shares. I mine with the cuda miner and my nVidia GPU with this bat

cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt:2048 -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u yourworker.1 -p password.1 -i 0 -l T10x20 -C 1 -H 2

for sure 'yourworker.1' and 'password.1' with my password/username.

can someone help me?
Activity: 9
A quick note to say Hi and thanks for the great pool, Pooler! Grin
Thank you!

So, Pooler, if you have time, please explain your current stance on Merged mining and if the coins are going to the bonus LTC.
Yes, that's how it works. It is briefly explained on the pool's homepage, as well as in the FAQ and in the first post of this thread:

Since September 11, 2014, the pool supports merged mining of Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies, resulting in higher payouts than with a regular Litecoin pool.
Every valid share you submit to this pool is instantly credited to your account at the current pay-per-share (PPS) rate. This rate, expressed in litecoins, also takes into account merged-mined coins such as Dogecoin, resulting in higher payouts than a regular Litecoin pool. Thanks to merged mining, you have to pay no fee; in fact, your earnings may even be higher than with a 0-fee PPS system.
[...] Thanks to merged mining, a technique that allows multiple cryptocurrencies to be mined simultaneously, it is possible to achieve PPS ratios higher than 100%. [...]
Okay thanks....so much for my reading comprehension.   More LTC, which my rewards are reflecting, is much better than some old Doge!!!
Peace and Out.
HIOAg
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Nice save at 108% now from 102% payout. I was looking seriously at prohash.
I almost cheated in our relationship. 😮
Thank you!

So, Pooler, if you have time, please explain your current stance on Merged mining and if the coins are going to the bonus LTC.
Yes, that's how it works. It is briefly explained on the pool's homepage, as well as in the FAQ and in the first post of this thread:

Since September 11, 2014, the pool supports merged mining of Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies, resulting in higher payouts than with a regular Litecoin pool.
Every valid share you submit to this pool is instantly credited to your account at the current pay-per-share (PPS) rate. This rate, expressed in litecoins, also takes into account merged-mined coins such as Dogecoin, resulting in higher payouts than a regular Litecoin pool. Thanks to merged mining, you have to pay no fee; in fact, your earnings may even be higher than with a 0-fee PPS system.
[...] Thanks to merged mining, a technique that allows multiple cryptocurrencies to be mined simultaneously, it is possible to achieve PPS ratios higher than 100%. [...]
Activity: 9
Hi Pooler and Gang:

I have just started mining after a 2 year hiatus. I was running GPU rigs until asics started. Still have a bunch of Thunder's laying around.  Now running 2 x Antminer L3+ .

After searching for a pool with a clean, efficient interface and good track record I ended up on litecoinpool.

FYI, my L3+ are running very smooth at a freq of 400 which gives about 520 MH/s. I live in the boonies and as such my internet connection can take a serious beating after school gets out each day. So, from previous mining experience, I will rarely, if ever, find a block ;(.  But the thrill of the chase is still there.

I have done some searching on the pool website and found nothing on the merge mining issue. After a bitcoin talk search I did see that Pooler said they would start merged mining soon after it was available.

As you all know, DOGE coin is going a little coo coo and making a run. I would love to be able to keep my Doge merged mined coin segregated.  Need my Doge pack back Smiley

Thanks again.

HIOAg and away!
Activity: 26
Thanks a lot pooler - I tried now 64 an miners are running for 2 days now so things look very promising!
I tried now to force the difficulty (sorry, overread this in your first post) - maybe a stupid question but how do I know now which difficulty to set? (I used default = 64 now)

Trial and error. For a Gridseed I would try powers of two between 16 and 256. In theory the share difficulty shouldn't affect stability (only bandwidth usage and the precision of hash rate estimates), but as I've mentioned before many older ASICs are finicky.
I tried now to force the difficulty (sorry, overread this in your first post) - maybe a stupid question but how do I know now which difficulty to set? (I used default = 64 now)
Anybody got an idea what the problem could be? I doubt that the USB cables / power supply is the problem as the issues started directly after I switched to litecointpool.org

Have you already tried forcing a low share difficulty as I suggested?  This has been reported to help in the case of Gridseeds before.
Also don't underestimate the possibility that the power supply is insufficient, as Gridseeds can be very sensitive (they were the first scrypt ASICs after all).  For instance, it is possible that your previous pool used a less intensive merged mining strategy than the one adopted by litecoinpool.org, so your miner would now be receiving Stratum job pushes more frequently, resulting in a higher load.
I am a little bit lost now:
I tried to reduce the speed of my GC3355 from 850 down to 600MHz (in steps of 50MHz) but the longest period they worked is ca. 8 hours - after that I have to restart BFGminer to work them again (after getting the idle worker notification).

Before that I was using "WeMineLTC" and did not have to restart BFGminer at all (using is for more than 2 years).

Anybody got an idea what the problem could be? I doubt that the USB cables / power supply is the problem as the issues started directly after I switched to litecointpool.org Sad
@pooler: Strange thing is that I was using my GC3355 for 2 years with WeMineLTC and just recently switched to litecoinpool and now the problems started!? I reduced now to 800MHz - lets see if this helps.
legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
Happy customer here!! Been using this pool for years with various types of miners very reliable and stable. Thank you keep up the good work we need strong litecoin pool operators now more then ever. We appreciate your great work
I am getting more and more "Idle Worker Notification" mails and have to restart BFGminer to get my GC3355 running again. What can I do to prevent this? Thanks!

I was getting zombie processes from cgminer and a load average around 3 until I started cutting back my clock rate.  I have another power supply in the works too.  It was all a temporary setup to verify that my Gridseed was OK before Aliexpress's return period was over.

Edit:

Well, no, I'm not out of the woods yet.  It runs 2 or 3 days and stops, and that was at 700 MHz.
https://i.imgur.com/Yu6AL37.png
Power supply wiring is my next suspect I guess.  It just went away according to cgminer and my load average went up to 3 with no visible tasks using a lot of CPU.  Maybe some sort of panic in libusb causing the high load average?  Top doesn't show system processes by default I think.  I was upstairs when it happened.  Turned everything off and back on, and it's fine again.  I've never had it on any other pool, but I could try it on multipool in a week or so.
There are a couple of links to 3rd-party apps at the bottom of the FAQ on the website, but they were added quite some time ago, so I don't know if these apps are still working. (If you happen to find another app that supports the pool's API, please let me know.) By the way, if you like the web/iPhone interface, last time I checked there was an option in Safari to make it accessible directly from the home screen.

All 3 of the Android apps listed still work as of a couple weeks ago.  But they all just wrap the page you can get by going to the link listed under HTML under API on your dashboard page.  So I put a link to that on my home screen from Firefox.  It's handy to be able to check your workers and the exchange rates all in the same page.
I really like this pool and its web/iPhone interface. Is there an app for that?

There are a couple of links to 3rd-party apps at the bottom of the FAQ on the website, but they were added quite some time ago, so I don't know if these apps are still working. (If you happen to find another app that supports the pool's API, please let me know.) By the way, if you like the web/iPhone interface, last time I checked there was an option in Safari to make it accessible directly from the home screen.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Computer Service Tech
Thanks, That is what I suspected. Back in the day I mined with Slush and there was a slight variance too.

Setting up on litecoinpool.org with an L3+ was as easy as can be and rewards are about 1.5 LTC /day with 500MH/s. Grin

not sure what you mean. My L3's and L3+'s are mining what they say they are mining on the pool...assuming I have this correct?

It just took a couple days for it to catch up, now I am getting spikes up to 540 MH.

I really like this pool and its web/iPhone interface. Is there an app for that?

Thank you pooler for all you do.
Pages:
Jump to: