Author

Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched! - page 167. (Read 573942 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Whens the coin mixing feature going to be released?
A beta is already available on the IRC, I would post it here but I'd rather testers come on IRC so that they can let us know if anything goes wrong.
A web-client to join us is at https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#team-tips
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
Whens the coin mixing feature going to be released?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000
the grandpa of cryptos
TIPS for forzen EPP5DqyRbc32RwYF8zKC15228T2rzyJZha
make your life coolozen!
No, people will not like a 2% fee on all transactions.  And if privacy is not on by default, most people will not use it.   The privacy enhancing tools that have been most succesful are the ones that are always on, automatic.   SSL is probably the best example.

Also, if all coins are mixed, then that greatly improves the untraceability of the coins that NEED to be mixed, as they are no longer a special, interesting case and higher volumes make it harder to analyze by amounts, timing, etc.

So basically, I believe that the first coin to get perfect fungibility by default will be a real winner.   Maybe it can be Fedora, or maybe it will be ZeroCoin, or DarkCoin, or AnonCoin, or something unheard of yet.

Anyway, I'm very glad to see progress in this space.
Those are some good points, I'll have to have a think about them. There could be a way that we can make every FedoraCoin user/daemon into a mixing node, hmm...

How could I could about creating a mixing node?
The way I'm thinking of would require node operators to sign up with the dev. team and be closely monitored to make sure that their service is safe, secure and untraceable, this could change though.

Gravity well algo doesn't  reset the current Fedora, right?
Thanks, and good work.
Nope, the algo change would just result in a hard fork, meaning everybody would have to update before a certain date (probably a week after the public release) otherwise they'd be mining on the wrong block chain.
Activity: 277
Merit: 250
Also forgot to mention, we will likely be using the gravity well algo in the next public update, unless anyone has any major issues with it. From what I've seen coins that use the gravity well algo no longer have trouble with multipools.

So before the gravity well is implemented get mining! The difficulty is still low right now so you can make quite a lot of TIPS while helping the network out too!

Gravity well algo doesn't  reset the current Fedora, right?
Thanks, and good work.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 2793
Shitcoin Minimalist
How could I could about creating a mixing node?
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
This is massive, in fact, it's keeping me up past my bedtime just thinking about it.
Activity: 321
No, people will not like a 2% fee on all transactions.  And if privacy is not on by default, most people will not use it.   The privacy enhancing tools that have been most succesful are the ones that are always on, automatic.   SSL is probably the best example.

Also, if all coins are mixed, then that greatly improves the untraceability of the coins that NEED to be mixed, as they are no longer a special, interesting case and higher volumes make it harder to analyze by amounts, timing, etc.

So basically, I believe that the first coin to get perfect fungibility by default will be a real winner.   Maybe it can be Fedora, or maybe it will be ZeroCoin, or DarkCoin, or AnonCoin, or something unheard of yet.

Anyway, I'm very glad to see progress in this space.

3) Maybe, right now there's a 2% fee charged on top of mixing transactions though to support mixing nodes and give them an incentive to operate, I'm not sure if many people would like a 2% fee on top of all their transactions.
Qs:

1) Does either party (sender or receiver) have to be running Tor?   ( if so, that seems like a barrier to use. )

2) What happens if either party is not running Tor?

3) Any chance of send-by-mixing becoming the default?   This would greatly improve fungibility of the coins.

4) I would suggest creating new APIs rather than adding new params.  The reason is that many people are writing tools that interact with multiple coins and pretty much expect the bitcoin RPC API.    And unfortunately named params (json 2.0) are not supported yet.

1) Nope, only the mixing nodes have to use Tor, the users themselves can use the network as usual

2) They're still secure, the senders transaction data is encrypted with the mixing node public key, so only the mixer can decrypt it. The receiver gets the coins from the mixing nodes sending address, so there's no way to trace it back to the sender.

3) Maybe, right now there's a 2% fee charged on top of mixing transactions though to support mixing nodes and give them an incentive to operate, I'm not sure if many people would like a 2% fee on top of all their transactions.

4) I had the same thought about tools being incompatible, maybe separate commands would be better like you said. I was thinking of just adding the params to the end of the commands but then you'd have to fill out each parameter, adding new commands sounds easier to manage though (and less chance of accidentally not doing what you intended).
Activity: 321
Qs:

1) Does either party (sender or receiver) have to be running Tor?   ( if so, that seems like a barrier to use. )

2) What happens if either party is not running Tor?

3) Any chance of send-by-mixing becoming the default?   This would greatly improve fungibility of the coins.

4) I would suggest creating new APIs rather than adding new params.  The reason is that many people are writing tools that interact with multiple coins and pretty much expect the bitcoin RPC API.    And unfortunately named params (json 2.0) are not supported yet.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
It's just announced (since months). Nobody knows if even one line of code is written so far. TIPS mixing is currently in a running beta. You get the idea...
Exactly, as a holder of StableCoins myself I've been waiting on it's mixing service to come about with great hopes for it. Sadly it seems that the developer announced it and hasn't done much since. The beta signups were a good step in the right direction but I haven't heard anything since then.

I'm not sure what's taking them so long, the way I implemented it in FedoraCoin is almost exactly the same way they planned it for StableCoin, but we managed to get a actual proof of concept running in less than 6 hours, with a working usable beta running in less than half a day. Compare this to StableCoins 6+ months of waiting and you'll see why I'm surprised it's taking them so long.

I actually hope that StableCoin manages to bring it out soon because I'm interested in how they plan on implementing it, the way that artos originally described seemed good on paper but when it came down to developing it I realized it'd require everybody to be running the latest version, which would be a miracle in the world of cryptocoins (There's still people running FedoraCoin 0.43, which is 2 versions older than the current version!)

I wish the best to all StableCoin holders. Maybe now that there's a competitor with an actual working mixing service this will help to bring StableCoins service up and running soon.

Well that proves how good of a job you and your team are doing.  Able to get a usable beta running in less than a day is outstanding.  Thanks for your hard work on FedoraCoin.
It's just announced (since months). Nobody knows if even one line of code is written so far. TIPS mixing is currently in a running beta. You get the idea...
Exactly, as a holder of StableCoins myself I've been waiting on it's mixing service to come about with great hopes for it. Sadly it seems that the developer announced it and hasn't done much since. The beta signups were a good step in the right direction but I haven't heard anything since then.

I'm not sure what's taking them so long, the way I implemented it in FedoraCoin is almost exactly the same way they planned it for StableCoin, but we managed to get a actual proof of concept running in less than 6 hours, with a working usable beta running in less than half a day. Compare this to StableCoins 6+ months of waiting and you'll see why I'm surprised it's taking them so long.

I actually hope that StableCoin manages to bring it out soon because I'm interested in how they plan on implementing it, the way that artos originally described seemed good on paper but when it came down to developing it I realized it'd require everybody to be running the latest version, which would be a miracle in the world of cryptocoins (There's still people running FedoraCoin 0.43, which is 2 versions older than the current version!)

I wish the best to all StableCoin holders. Maybe now that there's a competitor with an actual working mixing service this will help to bring StableCoins service up and running soon.
Activity: 278
So we have about two weeks to mine and buy as many coins as we can before the price sky rockets.  Good luck everyone.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Invisibel

You rock!! I'm sure the community appreciates all that you're doing. Fedora is a coin with a real future. Keep up the outstanding work.  
Activity: 984
Activity: 112
Activity: 984
Very good news! While change of the diff algo is a must, your mixing service is just mind blowing - thanks for this!
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
The mixing feature sounds great.  Thanks for the hard work.
Also forgot to mention, we will likely be using the gravity well algo in the next public update, unless anyone has any major issues with it. From what I've seen coins that use the gravity well algo no longer have trouble with multipools.

So before the gravity well is implemented get mining! The difficulty is still low right now so you can make quite a lot of TIPS while helping the network out too!

ABOUT time thats what everyone here really wanted to see!
I need to do some more research first to make sure it'll be good for us but it'll definitely be in the next update. Once it's released we'll probably give people a week to update to it before the difficulty changes take effect, if you haven't updated by that time you'll be stuck on an different chain to the rest of us, so be sure to keep up to date!
Activity: 278

ABOUT time thats what everyone here really wanted to see!
Jump to: