Author

Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched! - page 165. (Read 573942 times)

Activity: 257
Merit: 250
I'm kinda confused by the FedoraCoin developments recently. When Fedoracoin first came out it was marketed as a "joke" / "tipping" coin similar to dogecoin. I even mined some.

But now with the recent development updates it seems you're taking what used to be a joke coin and trying to make it a more serious coin with new features, but you're still stuck with the old fedoracoin image.

Why not create a new coin with these features? I just can't imagine owning "fedoracoin", the image of the fedora makes me still think it's a joke coin.

I bring this up in a timely matter as I believe we will soon be creating a new wallet containing the new algo readjusting feature, mixing feature, etc etc and best to be RE-considering the IMAGE AT THE SAME TIME...if we indeed think the coin will benefit from a more serious, professional, 3D image (very similar to the Ron Paul Coin).

Simply an opinion.  

I would be be referring to the NEWLY redesigned Ron Paul Coin that is at page top here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/error-389070
Activity: 308
Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!
Wow...seems like TIPS are going in the right direction. Just put down 50 LTC for TIPS
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I'm kinda confused by the FedoraCoin developments recently. When Fedoracoin first came out it was marketed as a "joke" / "tipping" coin similar to dogecoin. I even mined some.

But now with the recent development updates it seems you're taking what used to be a joke coin and trying to make it a more serious coin with new features, but you're still stuck with the old fedoracoin image.

Why not create a new coin with these features? I just can't imagine owning "fedoracoin", the image of the fedora makes me still think it's a joke coin.
The difference between Fedora and DOGE is that DOGE has an already popular meme backing it up, meanwhile Fedora only had a meme that was mostly known by the most scummiest places of the internet (4chan, /r/atheist, etc..)

This was by design, I didn't mean for Fedora to get value. Initially I only wanted it to be used as a coin you can throw around, not something that would become valuable.

Since then though the value of it skyrocketed (from what it was before at least) and I've since realized that the only way to take it even further is to change the direction of it. There's a lot of people who've invested in Fedora now and I don't want them to lose out because they took a gamble with us.

Fedora doesn't have to be a joke, the only places that think of it as a joke are 4chan and some reddit subreddits. To normal people a fedora tip is a gesture, a sign of approval. It's only the -- for lack of a better term -- "edgy" sites that twist it around to make it seem bad.

If DogeCoin holders can revive the Doge meme (lets face it, before DogeCoin came around it was hardly being posted anymore) then I think FedoraCoin holders can turn fedora tips back into their original meaning too.

We've also got a great new guy helping us out now who has a lot of experience with brand management and marketing, he's worked with many big companies in the past and we're pretty lucky to have him aboard. You should be seeing some of his work soon Wink

Will there be a reduction of total coins (similar to kittehcoin) ?

In my opinion,

With multi pool protection and scarcity of coins #TIPS and #MEOW have the opportunity to make it into the top 10 market cap.
That's not a bad idea actually, seeing as we're changing direction from being a joke-coin into being a valuable commodity it'd only be suiting to change from our joke coin-limit/block rewards too. I'll have to discuss this in the IRC. (Once the freenode netsplit is over with any way  Roll Eyes)
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Will there be a reduction of total coins (similar to kittehcoin) ?

In my opinion,

With multi pool protection and scarcity of coins #TIPS and #MEOW have the opportunity to make it into the top 10 market cap.
Activity: 257

Simply lose the precognitive commitments you've harbored about the coin and embrace all the rapidly approaching amazing additions to TIPS and you will be golden.

That said, 100% agree with you on the image/logo of the coin requiring a more serious image reconstruction (not just a facelift on the logo).
I highly recommend taking a look at what the dev team did with the image rework of the Ron Paul Coin. In my opinion, the best looking coin logo to date. Looks VERY much like a real coin (three dimensionality, stamped lettering, etc) as opposed to nearly 99%+ other coins executing 2D designs with tons of color, etc. The Ron Paul Coin reminds of a R-E-A-L coin each time I look at it and hence invokes a feeling of value like any other physical coin I own. Not to mention, implementing this kind of 3d realistic coin image design would once again set it apart/differentiate it from other coins (like the forth coming uniqueness of the "Mixing" feature as well). I've talked with the dev of RPC and could ask him who the designer was if the TIPS community was interested in this direction.

Be that as it may, the current winner of the logo design deserved to win in my opinion. I'm simply for moving the image identity of the coin further up the scale of a VERY professional look that reminds people of a PHYSICAL coin (invoking feelings of VALUE) each time they see it (the image).  It's psychological...yet a subliminal marketing goal in some respects.  

I bring this up in a timely matter as I believe we will soon be creating a new wallet containing the new algo readjusting feature, mixing feature, etc etc and best to be RE-considering the IMAGE AT THE SAME TIME...if we indeed think the coin will benefit from a more serious, professional, 3D image (very similar to the Ron Paul Coin).

Simply an opinion.  
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!

Would like to get an answer to this too.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
TIPS for NFL Super Bowl XLVIII !
Activity: 154
So not 2 minutes after I remove my 47 Buy order for 100 million and buy at 49 some fuckwit dumps over 200 litecoins worth of TIPS and crashes the price to 46. FML!
As long as something is being done Tongue from my experience as a miner, both options are doing a fine job of getting rid of multi pools (not totally tough.) Can we expect this update in the next following days invisibel ?
If all goes well then hopefully tomorrow Cheesy I just need to do some more research first and make sure it'll benefit us, nothing is set in stone though, we might choose to use a different algo altogether. Once I've decided I'll let you guys know Wink
those who have their coins all on cryptsy don´t need to update right?
Just have to download the new wallet and it´s done or am i wrong?

When an Hardfork update happens, you need to replace your QT client with the updated one, nothing else to do on your part. Cryptsy will have to be advised BEFORE the update and everything should be fine.

Cryptsy will do everything.
I will leave my coins there, so i don´t have to do anything.
Activity: 177
OK, I just bough Fedoracoin much higher amount that I previously  wanted. It is a good investment as I can see, best investment at this time! Good profit soon is guaranteed!
Activity: 71

When an Hardfork update happens, you need to replace your QT client with the updated one, nothing else to do on your part. Cryptsy will have to be advised BEFORE the update and everything should be fine.
Alright guys, we've chosen to delay the public release of the mixing feature until we've added support for multi-mixing nodes, which may take a few days (but then again I told people that coin mixing would take a week or two and I had it done in less than 12 hours Tongue)
We'll probably be dropping the difficulty fix update before that though since it desperately needs fixing. Since it'll be a hard fork update make sure to watch this thread and keep up to date!

Why choose kimoto gravity  over re-target at every block?
As far as I know retargeting every block with the current algo is really inaccurate toward the hashrate of the network, that's why gravity well was made, to retarget every block, accurate to the network hashrate.

This is what I've gathered so far though, I might be wrong, there really isn't a lot of info about it out there. To be honest I'm surprised so many coins use it while it's hardly documented.

As long as something is being done Tongue from my experience as a miner, both options are doing a fine job of getting rid of multi pools (not totally tough.) Can we expect this update in the next following days invisibel ?
Alright guys, we've chosen to delay the public release of the mixing feature until we've added support for multi-mixing nodes, which may take a few days (but then again I told people that coin mixing would take a week or two and I had it done in less than 12 hours Tongue)
We'll probably be dropping the difficulty fix update before that though since it desperately needs fixing. Since it'll be a hard fork update make sure to watch this thread and keep up to date!

As far as I know retargeting every block with the current algo is really inaccurate toward the hashrate of the network, that's why gravity well was made, to retarget every block, accurate to the network hashrate.

This is what I've gathered so far though, I might be wrong, there really isn't a lot of info about it out there. To be honest I'm surprised so many coins use it while it's hardly documented.
Activity: 277
Let's go Fedoraaa !!!
Tomorrow ,i will try new big feature.
Nice job.
Activity: 182
Join the IRC, download the beta client and try mixing some coins with it Smiley

Code is also available on IRC so you can see how the coin mixing works, I'll be committing it to github shortly

invisibel - well done on taking some steps forward, great to see some good honest feature development on any coin!
Jump to: