Author

Topic: [ANN] TiPS ★ Kimotos Gravity Well ★ World first coin anonymizer launched! - page 162. (Read 573859 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
This is a great feature, I think it's the first coin to have it. I'm buying some more Smiley

Already in new version, synchronising. So far smooth. Great development, really.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
It is! :)
This is a great feature, I think it's the first coin to have it. I'm buying some more Smiley
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000
Nice development speed!

Here's a linux build (compiled on Kubuntu 13.10 64Bit) for all that can't compile it theirself:
https://mega.co.nz/#!XdQ0lYiQ!IeZGmy-Gj2pf02TMQEtVhVOiPFdCJ-6PXpPQoe0sZII

EHEfrR9ybVVXTmV12AmntcgjjbZ5pfcNjT
Activity: 182
How fast is thing going to drive up the price!!!

I had a feeling... so I bought tons of fedora 2 hours ago Smiley
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
How fast is thing going to drive up the price!!!
Activity: 98
Is mixing service in a working state?

stablecoin dev never deliver his promises. It's a deadcoin.
Yep, we have a working beta, it's not fully publicly released yet though. Should be ready for a full release in the next week or so.

0.56 RELEASED: HARD FORK UPDATE

- Changes P2P port from 22889 to 44889
- Remove some small DogeCoin references
- Changes difficulty algo from block 51000+ to use KGW (takes effect in about 2 days)
- Changes block rewards (new rewards described here http://pastebin.com/Ka389WQ3)
Block reward will be halved at block 52000 (about 3 days from now!)

Update should be available on http://fedoraco.in shortly. The github is already updated to it.
If you used the installer you might have to uninstall the older version first!
Don't worry though as it should leave your wallet intact, but you should always backup your wallet before updating though!

Windows builds are up! Tarball and AUR update soon, OS X update later on.. if you know how to build for OS X please get in touch!
Activity: 379
Is mixing service in a working state?

stablecoin dev never deliver his promises. It's a deadcoin.
Activity: 118
To be honest I wish I'd pre-mined a bit more for the mixer Tongue It wasn't originally part of our plan though.
If anyone feels generous the mixers address is ETSzZNZyAt1XhbKUReneEb5YkmMjVXTzBy, I won't see those coins at all, they'll only be used to mix other peoples transactions.

We've got some nice things coming on the horizon too, we might not need to implement the gravity well since icanprogram has a neat idea concerning block rewards. I'll have to delay the release until I've heard him out properly but rest assured that a fix for the multipools will be coming soon Smiley

We may also be relaunching FedoraCoin soon with a whole new image, the new guy we have on board (not sure if he wants to be named) is an amazing graphics designer and has some great ideas on how to make FedoraCoin more accessible to the normal person. You'll hear more about that very shortly Wink

Great news mate and thanks for all the hard work.

Activity: 98
To be honest I wish I'd pre-mined a bit more for the mixer Tongue It wasn't originally part of our plan though.
If anyone feels generous the mixers address is ETSzZNZyAt1XhbKUReneEb5YkmMjVXTzBy, I won't see those coins at all, they'll only be used to mix other peoples transactions.

We've got some nice things coming on the horizon too, we might not need to implement the gravity well since icanprogram has a neat idea concerning block rewards. I'll have to delay the release until I've heard him out properly but rest assured that a fix for the multipools will be coming soon Smiley

We may also be relaunching FedoraCoin soon with a whole new image, the new guy we have on board (not sure if he wants to be named) is an amazing graphics designer and has some great ideas on how to make FedoraCoin more accessible to the normal person. You'll hear more about that very shortly Wink
Activity: 364
FYI there are 125,610,833,490 TIPS already in circulation.

Argh I missed a decimal point so I was out a factor of 10! Thanks for the correction!
Is Fedora/TIPS pre-mined?

Simple answer is NO !!

Only 1st 3 blocks for testing I remember from the original launch thread.  Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Absolutely correct! Fedoracoin is one of the few coins that we're not pre-mined - isn't that awesome?!

Simple answer is NO !!

Only 1st 3 blocks for testing I remember from the original launch thread.  Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Activity: 82
FYI there are 125,610,833,490 TIPS already in circulation.
Activity: 344
Activity: 154
I am sure all holders would love a reduction in 4/5ths of the coins to increase their holdings, but for the same reasons that a new Fed Coin shouldn't be created I am against it.

Absolutely right. You DO NOT fuck about with the supply of a coin after many have put thousands of dollars into it. It is not like we have bought something then discover an altered model on display at the shop - this is the equivalent of buying something then after a few weeks of using it discovering that the manufacture broke into your house overnight and changed core components without your consent.

It is unethical and completely foolish. ANY major change to a coin will result in massive dumping and a decrease in our investment.

If you want a more scarce coin then go away and buy Catcoin or Feathercoin or any of the other 100 hundred currencies out there, but do NOT mess with others investment. I didn't buy 300 Million TIPS to have people on a forum change the recipe post purchase.

I think you might misunderstan. I think people are saying that the max coins that can be produced is lowered, not the number of coins you hold. So you would still have 300 million. But within mining the limit will not go to 500 billion just 250 billions max. So this would INCREASE the value of your holding , not decrease it.

As said before, yes it would increase my coins, but everyone would dump and the coin would become what is originally started life as a joke. I will loose all trust and all mine and others investments would disappear as it left the markets.

Fix the difficulty as it is broken, but don't create a new coin and don't mess with the total number of coins.

I would be like.   Fed = 3 blocks pre-mine honest, then 5 months later finding out actually 1/2 of them were pre mined secretly. Would you dump immediately if you found this out Huh

(of course this IS NOT TRUE)

That's right. Remember folks we are dealing with REAL people here, like you and me, not mindless lemmings with cash on the hip. They can spot a scam just as easily as we can and will not pay out for a coin that is being manipulated at the developer level.

I'm glad to see others realize this idea what it is. An attempt to make more bit coin at the expense of others and most importantly, at the expense of fellow TIPS holders.

I've got more than 1/2 billion TIPS, i'm not concerned in the slightest.

That's fine, but it doesn't mean changes should be implemented without an overwhelming majority of TIPS holders supporting them. However, it is up to those demanding change to gather support for their ideas - not for those who don't want it to persuade otherwise.

I didn't suggest this idea. However I don't see anything wrong with it. We'll have to agree to disagree about it. Who knows how long it will take to get too 500billion issued anyway, I think we are only up to 12billion already? So it probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference for 20 or so years anyway lol

Fair enough brother! Smiley
I am sure all holders would love a reduction in 4/5ths of the coins to increase their holdings, but for the same reasons that a new Fed Coin shouldn't be created I am against it.

Absolutely right. You DO NOT fuck about with the supply of a coin after many have put thousands of dollars into it. It is not like we have bought something then discover an altered model on display at the shop - this is the equivalent of buying something then after a few weeks of using it discovering that the manufacture broke into your house overnight and changed core components without your consent.

It is unethical and completely foolish. ANY major change to a coin will result in massive dumping and a decrease in our investment.

If you want a more scarce coin then go away and buy Catcoin or Feathercoin or any of the other 100 hundred currencies out there, but do NOT mess with others investment. I didn't buy 300 Million TIPS to have people on a forum change the recipe post purchase.

I think you might misunderstan. I think people are saying that the max coins that can be produced is lowered, not the number of coins you hold. So you would still have 300 million. But within mining the limit will not go to 500 billion just 250 billions max. So this would INCREASE the value of your holding , not decrease it.

As said before, yes it would increase my coins, but everyone would dump and the coin would become what is originally started life as a joke. I will loose all trust and all mine and others investments would disappear as it left the markets.

Fix the difficulty as it is broken, but don't create a new coin and don't mess with the total number of coins.

I would be like.   Fed = 3 blocks pre-mine honest, then 5 months later finding out actually 1/2 of them were pre mined secretly. Would you dump immediately if you found this out Huh

That's right. Remember folks we are dealing with REAL people here, like you and me, not mindless lemmings with cash on the hip. They can spot a scam just as easily as we can and will not pay out for a coin that is being manipulated at the developer level.

I'm glad to see others realize this idea what it is. An attempt to make more bit coin at the expense of others and most importantly, at the expense of fellow TIPS holders.

That's fine, but it doesn't mean changes should be implemented without an overwhelming majority of TIPS holders supporting them. However, it is up to those demanding change to gather support for their ideas - not for those who don't want it to persuade otherwise.

I didn't suggest this idea. However I don't see anything wrong with it. We'll have to agree to disagree about it. Who knows how long it will take to get too 500billion issued anyway, I think we are only up to 12billion already? So it probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference for 20 or so years anyway lol

I would be like.   Fed = 3 blocks pre-mine honest, then 5 months later finding out actually 1/2 of them were pre mined secretly. Would you dump immediately if you found this out Huh

I would be like.   Fed = 3 blocks pre-mine honest, then 5 months later finding out actually 1/2 of them were pre mined secretly. Would you dump immediately if you found this out Huh

Jump to: