Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 153. (Read 576774 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
BTC < > INR & USD
So have all August orders been shipped? Or what % have not been shipped?

If we order for October now, what is the likely date we have the unit in hand?
up to order ~98 have shipped. No news from anyone higher than that (#13X still 'CC paid')

My order #11x was delivered today (fedex overnight). Unfortunately it was shipped to my billing address instead of my shipping address so I won't have it in hand for nearly a week Sad

Hey Dave..

An update on the shipping status will be highly appreciated. We haven't heard from you for almost 24 hours now. Not sure if the package that was struck in customs was delivered yesterday or not.

Do keep us posted.

Thanks,
AD
E
Activity: 234
Merit: 100

up to order ~98 have shipped. No news from anyone higher than that (#13X still 'CC paid')

My order #11x was delivered today (fedex overnight). Unfortunately it was shipped to my billing address instead of my shipping address so I won't have it in hand for nearly a week Sad
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Hmmmm...........well another day another dollar. Time for sleep.
Activity: 182
Is there any news on how far shipping has gone today?  I am currently foaming a little around the mouth. lol

I've got a full kit also #14x that hasn't shipped.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Is there any news on how far shipping has gone today?  I am currently foaming a little around the mouth. lol
Activity: 158
1% fees on give-me-coins.com Smiley
plus a 1btc bonus for the first 4 blocks found on pool and no pool fees for life on all there pools

too bad they only have a hashrate of <1TH, could take weeks to find a block...

Will be fine if enough people jump on its a catch 22 someone has to make the first move
cet
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
gorgeous case! how much was shipping to canada? i might get one for my starter.

I ordered 2 fully assembled cases in early August. Shipping wasn't cheap given the shipping size for 2 built units, $96, but they arrived on time in late August.

I have two cases now and will be getting a few more for the october deliveries.  They are easy to work with and reconfigure when trouble/changes happen.

/cet
#98 received in Canada today, Fedex overnight.

Mounts nicely in the Rich C open case. Hashing 26-27 GH/s so far. Going to order a GPIO extension cable to allow mounting the RPi on the case frame.

Dave and crew, many thanks for delivering a great product!!

http://i.imgur.com/OpRNNOR.jpg

I ordered 2 fully assembled cases in early August. Shipping wasn't cheap given the shipping size for 2 built units, $96, but they arrived on time in late August.
Activity: 692
Merit: 500
I think past ~december, the monthly increase (currently around 76%), will taper towards 50%, and by ~february/march should be a lot more reasonable, maybe 35%.

The past 3 difficulty changes have been https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Difficulty
35.88%   in   10.31 days
29.40%   in   10.83 days
32.22%   in   10.59 days
= 132% difficulty growth in 31.73 days

And the daily network growth is above 2.5% and rising http://bitcoin.sipa.be/growth.png
legendary
ASIC Wannabe

Mounts nicely in the Rich C open case. Hashing 26-27 GH/s so far. Going to order a GPIO extension cable to allow mounting the RPi on the case frame.

http://i.imgur.com/OpRNNOR.jpg

on a similar note, how are people placing/mounting these? Are they safe and stable on a flat surface, or do they need risers and/or non-conducting surfaces? I plan to put it in a corner of the room where it wont be disturbed, but i want to be 100% sure bumping the table or poking around the unit wont topple the miner onto the floor
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
Maybe your calculator is doing something foolish, like the genisis version does.  Difficulty in the trillions early next year?  Not likely...

When the Bitfury rigs no longer make money, nothing on the market or anticipated to be on the market this year will, either.  They are as efficient as some of the up and coming 28 NM chips...

That the calcator I'm using.  So what you are saying is that a hashrate that high isn't realistic. What are you predictions then for a return on a 400 gh/s unit.

I think past ~december, the monthly increase (currently around 76%), will taper towards 50%, and by ~february/march should be a lot more reasonable, maybe 35%.

right now, GPUs are pretty much all stopped mining bitcoins
soon, FPGA will follow (~45w/Ghash) at $0.10/kwh, these are only making about $0.35/Ghash/day right now, and in another 2 months will be costing more electricity than making BTC
next, avalon will stop (~10w/Ghash
then, asicminer will stop (~8w/Ghash)
then BFL (~6w/Ghash)

bitfury is operating at <1w/Ghash, which puts it in line with 2nd gen ASIC designs, and enables them to mine at a profit for MONTHS (years?) longer than the above competitiors, which currently account for most of the network

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Thanks a ton MBP / 1200TH Team with the orders. This is the first BTC ASIC company that is professional and keeps their promises. 10/10
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
Maybe your calculator is doing something foolish, like the genisis version does.  Difficulty in the trillions early next year?  Not likely...

When the Bitfury rigs no longer make money, nothing on the market or anticipated to be on the market this year will, either.  They are as efficient as some of the up and coming 28 NM chips...

That the calcator I'm using.  So what you are saying is that a hashrate that high isn't realistic. What are you predictions then for a return on a 400 gh/s unit.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501

Activity: 342
Merit: 250
What was the dollar amount for an August 400 gh/s unit?

An August 400Gh/s bitfury miner was $19250.  Quite a premium for first dibs.  This is why my F5 key is broke, lol. Is mine ready yet, pretty please?

The price was $78 making these cost 246 BTC.   The calculator I'm using shows a return of around 165 coins before it goes to not making any coins.  Am I missing something here.  How did it make sense to buy one for a loss of around 80 coins. 
legendary
Activity: 1484
I suggest we form our own mining pool or use Slush Pool.  BTC Guild is a very high fee pool and takes up too much TH/s on the network.

Slush's Pool or BuzzDave Pool or GreaterNinja's Pool sounds good to me.  I get 1% pool Fee Smiley

But in all seriousness if we formed a pool I bet we can do fees less than 2% which is typically the minimum of what other pools charge.

Honestly, if I were you guys I'd mine PPC on Coinotron.com and simultaneously buy a bunch, like maybe $5k-15k USD worth

It's where my ASICs are pointed right now.

PPC has an algorithm for reward that causes it to shrink with increasing network hash rate...  If enough ASICs switch to the PPC network, the price of PPC will probably skyrocket because the supply is contracted.  Because ASICs have such massive hash rates, it's likely pretty soon that PPC reward will more than halve.

PPC price in general has been going up in the past week, almost 30%.

The advent of ASICs are probably what is going to most spur the adoption of this alt currency.  And I'm not even hugely fond of it (I only have about 2000 PPC).  But it's really easy price manipulation if you have a lot of ASIC power.

edit: There's a stratum pool here, which gives less stales: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annppc-d7-pool-stratum-ppcoin-pool-15-pplns-173272

I don't mean to encourage a super huge pump either... but from the look of things it's already been happening.  There's been a 50% increase in difficulty in the past 72 hours.
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
1% fees on give-me-coins.com Smiley
plus a 1btc bonus for the first 4 blocks found on pool and no pool fees for life on all there pools

too bad they only have a hashrate of <1TH, could take weeks to find a block...
Jump to: