Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 149. (Read 576774 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Sorry I was sarcastically stating a high percentage but the message was lost in the text.  If you buy a 400 g/h unit for 8 grand all the calculators I used say you should make 8 grand in August (don't know what day you got it, lets say august first) and 6 grand in september, 4 grand in october and 2 grand in november.  Now you've already made 150% profit and the setup will run at whatever the future holds for miners, possible making 1k a month when it levels out.  

If you buy in october you will already be down 10,000 worth of mining, it seems to me atleast.  I put an order in, and want to run it anways in hopes that the price increase of coins in the future will offset future higher difficulties and believe will stay profitable for awhile.  I'm just a newb here guys don't take it so personal!
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Hey, wait a minute. I have an Aug order hashing right now. i'm set for life. LOL

Quitting job Monday. Woohoo!  {SARCAZM!} LOL

At any rate I hope 400% is correct. I just cant make the math work.

So its split between break even or lose money on these if its near the end of Oct?  Basically the guys in August will make 400% on there investment and us October guys will lose or break even???

Can you tell me the method or show me the calculator that shows 400%??

400% on 19K?

hmm
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
So its split between break even or lose money on these if its near the end of Oct?  Basically the guys in August will make 400% on there investment and us October guys will lose or break even???
Nobody will be making 400% in one short month. Roll Eyes
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
.m.
Activity: 280
Merit: 260
sorry for OT, I did some calculations 3 months ago - 1,000,000 Ghash per sec around September  - not a bad guess Wink

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2452732
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
800 GH/s in October, here I come !

Thanks Dave, Punin, Bitfury, cscape, and everyone else involved with realizing this project. Very exciting times !

Wow, I hope this works out for you with the insane difficulty increases that are coming. Let the record show that with that 16k you could have bought over ~133 BTC at $120 each. Do you honestly think these units will ever mine over 133 BTC?

I don't think he cares.  He's bought a crap load of USB eruptors in the past so I don't think ROI is important for him and it's probably more a pricy hobby.

You guys are funny. Even with the genesis blocks ridiculous assumption of a linear growth with difficulty. A positive ROI is almost guaranteed with Bitfury, as long as BTC stays above $100 and delivery of Oct units happens early Oct.

Didn't they already say delivery of October units would probably be in very late October?  I don't think there is any reason at all to presume October units will ship in early October, although I would love to be proven wrong.

And even if difficulty is not linear, it could very well increase even more steeply for some time before it starts to flatten out.

Exactly. If KncMiner delivers as promised, which is yet to be seen, they alone will add an absurd amount of hashrate to the network in September and October.

If you add up all the hashpower added by KncMiner, BitFury, AsicMiner, BFL, and Avalon, I would not be surprised if the difficulty was over 1 billion by the end of the year and that doesn't even include some of the new darkhorse startups like Cointerra and HashFast.

1 billion by end of year, really, would you like to put some BTC on that?

Thanks Dave, Punin, Bitfury, cscape, and everyone else involved with realizing this project. Very exciting times !

Congratulations Xian. Welcome aboard the Bitfury train. Smiley
Activity: 742

Wow, I hope this works out for you with the insane difficulty increases that are coming. Let the record show that with that 16k you could have bought over ~133 BTC at $120 each. Do you honestly think these units will ever mine over 133 BTC?

I don't think he cares.  He's bought a crap load of USB eruptors in the past so I don't think ROI is important for him and it's probably more a pricy hobby.

You guys are funny. Even with the genesis blocks ridiculous assumption of a linear growth with difficulty. A positive ROI is almost guaranteed with Bitfury, as long as BTC stays above $100 and delivery of Oct units happens early Oct.

Didn't they already say delivery of October units would probably be in very late October?  I don't think there is any reason at all to presume October units will ship in early October, although I would love to be proven wrong.

And even if difficulty is not linear, it could very well increase even more steeply for some time before it starts to flatten out.

Exactly. If KncMiner delivers as promised, which is yet to be seen, they alone will add an absurd amount of hashrate to the network in September and October.

If you add up all the hashpower added by KncMiner, BitFury, AsicMiner, BFL, and Avalon, I would not be surprised if the difficulty was over 1 billion by the end of the year and that doesn't even include some of the new darkhorse startups like Cointerra and HashFast.
Again you are using the genesis block for your long term assumption. If you believe diff will be 1.5 billion in Feb then good luck with that.
legendary
Activity: 1065
Merit: 1077

I don't think he cares.  He's bought a crap load of USB eruptors in the past so I don't think ROI is important for him and it's probably more a pricy hobby.

Activity: 106

There will likely be three difficulty increases between October 1st and October 31st. If he gets his units on October 1st, he'll likely make a decent ROI. If he gets them on October 31st, he'll likely lose money unless BTC goes up in value.

Did BuzzDave give any indication on exactly what October delivery means, or is it simply anytime between October 1st and October 31st? There is a huge difference in potential earnings depending on when these units are delivered in October.

Dave had said it would be near the end of October a while back. I'm not sure if that still stands or not, but I do know the 200 TH mine will have priority over the October orders, as it was already delayed once for the August orders.

I don't think he cares.  He's bought a crap load of USB eruptors in the past so I don't think ROI is important for him and it's probably more a pricy hobby.

There will likely be three difficulty increases between October 1st and October 31st. If he gets his units on October 1st, he'll likely make a decent ROI. If he gets them on October 31st, he'll likely lose money unless BTC goes up in value.

Did BuzzDave give any indication on exactly what October delivery means, or is it simply anytime between October 1st and October 31st? There is a huge difference in potential earnings depending on when these units are delivered in October.

Again you are using the genesis block for your long term assumption. If you believe diff will be 1.5 billion in Feb then good luck with that.

I think he is like me and probably doesnt care. This pays back more than my GPU's hunting for setti or running folding at home, just a hobby that returns some. If it returns a lot, great.
Activity: 297

Activity: 194
Merit: 100
still waiting for my aug. starter kit, in the #14x. Will it be shipped this week?

Activity: 588
Merit: 504
Hey Dave!!! Have you considered accepting Personal Checks that are Snail Mailed? Sometimes Old School works. Wink

i thought checks stopped being used in 90's  Huh
Jump to: