Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 155. (Read 576774 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Got my unit today. Starter kit. Took me about an hour to set it up. I had not even made a home for it or unboxed my power supply yet. Configed the pi before putting it on the m-board set everything up the way I wanted (laying  on a piece of cardbaord  Embarrassed ) Fired it up. Quick web interface setup and hashing right away.

Hashing between 26.7 and 27.2. More than I payed for. Very happy.

Thank you Dave and Bitfury team. I cut my way out of the butterfly net!! wont catch me again. LOL

What was your Order #.

P.S : Everyone is getting their order. when will i get mine.? :-(

Sorry I left that out.  #86..  I am in a good zone for fast usps from Washington. I hate USPS but worked for me this time.
vip
Activity: 472
just had a board stop hashing on me. it stopped hashing and everyone other board after it on the m-board stopped hashing too. I moved the board around on the mboard and again all boards after it stop hashing too. anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

edit: it was working perfectly fine before

This can happen - its why we test and burn in all the boards before shipping.  Put it as the last board in your rig (consecutive slot).  Let us know what the total rig hashrate is and we will send you a card.

Also - please post this kind of stuff in the support thread (see my sig)

Thanks!
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
BTC < > INR & USD
Got my unit today. Starter kit. Took me about an hour to set it up. I had not even made a home for it or unboxed my power supply yet. Configed the pi before putting it on the m-board set everything up the way I wanted (laying  on a piece of cardbaord  Embarrassed ) Fired it up. Quick web interface setup and hashing right away.

Thank you Dave and Bitfury team. I cut my way out of the butterfly net!! wont catch me again. LOL

What was your Order #.

P.S : Everyone is getting their order. when will i get mine.? :-(
Activity: 336

After a couple of hours kit has settled in at a solid 27.9.

Activity: 631
just had a board stop hashing on me. it stopped hashing and everyone other board after it on the m-board stopped hashing too. I moved the board around on the mboard and again all boards after it stop hashing too. anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

edit: it was working perfectly fine before
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Hello guys.  What is the highest order # shipped so far?

#96 was delivered few hours ago (order from Canada), picked up by Fedex yesterday.

I'm officially impressed with Dave & his team.  Fedex is definitely the way to go.

Dave, I know a guy who needs to get some experience shipping stuff.
His name is YoFoo.  I think he is looking for work.
cet
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Hello guys.  What is the highest order # shipped so far?

I have #97 in hand delivered today.  I also have 116 that may ship today (I'm hoping).

/cet
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Waiting at home, still no signs of USPS delivery man Sad

I am starting to wonder if you are my next door neighbor. We both got ours shipped same day and time, and I think we will both get ours in about 45 minutes (when they come to our doorstep!)  Grin

Ha ha that would be immensely funny Smiley
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Hello guys.  What is the highest order # shipped so far?
Activity: 576

I am starting to wonder if you are my next door neighbor. We both got ours shipped same day and time, and I think we will both get ours in about 45 minutes (when they come to our doorstep!)  Grin
Activity: 406

Wish I had your problem  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Activity: 111
How are you guys adding in the extra load (without drawing much power) for your power supply so that it will stay on?

Is there a minimum for a PSU to stay on? I have seen someone else post about this a while ago but have not tested it yet. My PSU kicks on fine with only 5 watts on it, but I haven't tested it for long durations.

Mine does not turn on with only the m-board hooked up.  I had to connect a dvd-drive to the chain to get it to power up.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
How are you guys adding in the extra load (without drawing much power) for your power supply so that it will stay on?

Is there a minimum for a PSU to stay on? I have seen someone else post about this a while ago but have not tested it yet. My PSU kicks on fine with only 5 watts on it, but I haven't tested it for long durations.

I have a 730W psu running about 30-40W (modminer FPGA) over only the 12V line, with the always-on hack and its run continuously for about a week no issues
Activity: 576

legendary
ASIC Wannabe

extra load? a modern PSU should run safely with minimal load, you just need to bridge the mobo sensor pin to ground to force it to stay on
Activity: 111
ssi
Activity: 70
Maybe they won't last 10 years....  Maybe only 7....   The useful lifetime of these boards is measured in months at this point...

OC FTW !

My thoughts exactly.  I'm hoping for 12 months, but I am most definitely an optimist.  If there was a way to OC, I'd be all over that.  Wink
There is, by replacing the regulator. Atleast one person so far has done this and has reported about 10% gains from it. It does void the warranty and does require a skilled professional to do, but is possible.

link? I was under the impression that if a board has <16 working chips, it may be possible to overclock the others using the additional headroom provided by not running a chip (ie: 2/16 chips dont work -> 12.5% more power available to working chips. (am i correct on this, can anyone confirm?)

Only if you remove the chip and bridge its spi chain.  If the chip is powered, it's consuming at least idle current, and if it's been configured, it's consuming full hashing current, regardless of how much work it's doing.

Also, the chips aren't going to automatically consume more current and run faster just cause current is available.  You'd need to turn up Vdd (also an advanced maneuver Wink)
Activity: 251
Maybe somebody replaced a resistor and increased the regulator voltage. I don't think there are regulators in the same shape that have higher current capability.
legendary
ASIC Wannabe
Maybe they won't last 10 years....  Maybe only 7....   The useful lifetime of these boards is measured in months at this point...

OC FTW !

My thoughts exactly.  I'm hoping for 12 months, but I am most definitely an optimist.  If there was a way to OC, I'd be all over that.  Wink
There is, by replacing the regulator. Atleast one person so far has done this and has reported about 10% gains from it. It does void the warranty and does require a skilled professional to do, but is possible.

link? I was under the impression that if a board has <16 working chips, it may be possible to overclock the others using the additional headroom provided by not running a chip (ie: 2/16 chips dont work -> 12.5% more power available to working chips. (am i correct on this, can anyone confirm?)
Jump to: