Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 154. (Read 576774 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I'm curious as to how many BTC were used to purchase one of these when they went on sale(August shipping).  The reason I ask is because I was thinking about buying an October order but when crunching the numbers I will lose 15-20 coins and was trying to figure out how that makes sense.   

most of us paid by CC and some buyers paid by wires.

What was the dollar amount for an August 400 gh/s unit?
  For 400Gh/s miner was 19xxxusd.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
1% fees on give-me-coins.com Smiley
plus a 1btc bonus for the first 4 blocks found on pool and no pool fees for life on all there pools
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
I suggest we form our own mining pool or use Slush Pool.  BTC Guild is a very high fee pool and takes up too much TH/s on the network.

Slush's Pool or BuzzDave Pool or GreaterNinja's Pool sounds good to me.  I get 1% pool Fee Smiley

But in all seriousness if we formed a pool I bet we can do fees less than 2% which is typically the minimum of what other pools charge.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
just had a board stop hashing on me. it stopped hashing and everyone other board after it on the m-board stopped hashing too. I moved the board around on the mboard and again all boards after it stop hashing too. anyone have suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

edit: it was working perfectly fine before

Do you have a fan moving air around it? not much just a little will do as I have found.

Still learning here.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
I'm curious as to how many BTC were used to purchase one of these when they went on sale(August shipping).  The reason I ask is because I was thinking about buying an October order but when crunching the numbers I will lose 15-20 coins and was trying to figure out how that makes sense.   

400GH/s was 19K$
Starters were 1.3K$
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

An August 400Gh/s bitfury miner was $19250.  Quite a premium for first dibs.  This is why my F5 key is broke, lol. Is mine ready yet, pretty please?
Activity: 342

Activity: 420

Activity: 342
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
Have had my 400GH/s unit hashing for about 22 hours on BTC guild...

Totals (All Active Workers)   434,445.70 MH/s   7656288 (99.83%)   13056 / 770 / 0

Yet it states my account balance is barely above 1 bitcoin... How is this possible? That seems really off...Any ideas?
Check the current fees. Your mining in the worst possible pool unless you like paying the highest possible fees atm.

Where would you recommend sir?
Asfar as I know and I could be wrong here the best option appears to be bitminter only charges 1% mandatory fees, has merged namecoin mining and pays out tx-fees. It is a much smaller pool, variance is bigger.. but it's not like you bought this hardware to make a quick buck, am I right.. it will even out in time.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501

Totals (All Active Workers)   434,445.70 MH/s   7656288 (99.83%)   13056 / 770 / 0

Yet it states my account balance is barely above 1 bitcoin... How is this possible? That seems really off...Any ideas?

You do realize that it is a PPLNS pool and it takes about 8 hours before shifts start closing, and takes about 32 hours before the "made in the last 24 hours" balance is correct, right?
Activity: 133

Check the current fees. Your mining in the worst possible pool unless you like paying the highest possible fees atm.

Where would you recommend sir?
legendary
My order number is 2X Wink Still not delivered by USPS
Until what time does USPS deliver usually? It's 5pm already.

My stuff just arrived. 2X starters Smiley
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

Activity: 692
Merit: 500
Perhaps they are not credited until 100 confirmations ?
Activity: 133

Activity: 408
Maybe they won't last 10 years....  Maybe only 7....   The useful lifetime of these boards is measured in months at this point...

OC FTW !  Heat those babies up  Grin

Actually, I stopped using my fans and the hashrate dropped like crazy. So, don't let them overheat. Some people here have said before that chips liking to run hot is sort of an urban legend after doing multiple experiments. I say keep them moderately fresh.
legendary
My order number is 2X Wink Still not delivered by USPS
Until what time does USPS deliver usually? It's 5pm already.
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
What was your Order #.

P.S : Everyone is getting their order. when will i get mine.? :-(

You are not alone AD. It will come soon. My poor F5 key is now busted though, lol.
Activity: 408
We are pretty unhappy with the USPS (supposedly) 2 day delivery.  Admittedly there was a holiday, but we saw a package that left here on Saturday take 5 damn days to reach Ohio.  This is totally bullshit - we dropped the idea of using USPS.  Everything is shipping FedEx.  It costs over $100 to overnight a starter kit, but this is the only reliable way to get these kits to you guys quickly.

Expedited shipping will be FedEx overnight (domestic).  Canada overnight might still work there - I'll check with Yvonne.

Non expedited shipping will be FedEx 2 day.

The problem we ran into is that USPS only guarantees 2 day delivery in "certain zones" - something they didn't bother to tell Yvonne when she was researching this.  

Since Bitcoin mining is a game of days at this point, megabigpower.com will ship FedEx from now on, period.

We still have about 2 days of shipping left to do.  I'm expecting more product tomorrow, but there's been a back up of stuff in AK customs.  It should be cleared by now, but I can't tell by looking at the tracking info.  It says expected delivery tomorrow.

Cheers,
Dave

Actually, Sunday and Holiday options can make it even in those circumstances but for an extra $$  ( I think there are some zipcodes where this might not work though). Here's a map of USPS "1,2,3 day guaranteed" Pretty Useful stuff:

https://www.usps.com/priority-mail/map/

As I said before, I still don't get how some customers  nickel and dime on shipping (1 or 2 extra bitcoins if anything??) and then they bitch around why they don't get their packages soon enough.

Love the idea of using FedEx too! We appreciate a lot your looking into this, Dave!
Jump to: