Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 165. (Read 576775 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 501
DHS, or TSA, or FBI, or CIA, or NSA, or DEA, or ATF, or IRS, or IBM, or whatever.  They can all KMA...
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
punin, sorry for you US guys about the shipping problems, maybe its DHS looking into it...  Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
BTC < > INR & USD
I got a bunch of these today and none of them showed a trace of these problems.

Did you order through Dave (US)or punin (EU / UK)

If through Dave, then what is your order number.?
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
I got a bunch of these today and none of them showed a trace of these problems.
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
News from Punin: "Here are photos of some of the soldering issues we've encountered. Please check your boards!" http://imgur.com/a/t3AKx

Isn't that's why Dave is testing all the boards before shipping it out?

+1

I rather have them tested and few days late than not tested and ready for fireworks.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
Holy moly, that's awful soldering. That's how you make magic smoke come out of mysterious black boxes and such. They look like they were hand soldered by a high school student just starting out with no knowledge of the difference between a closed, open, or shorted circuit (they're all circuits, right?).

Time to break out the desoldering kit. Relevant Wikihow with solder wick or solder sucker: http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Solder

PSA: DO NOT fire up your Bitfury without looking over *all* of your solder connections.

You can usually fix these by running the tip of a clean soldering iron between the bridged pins.  Some of the excess solder will stick to the iron.   Clean it off and repeat until the bridge is gone.  If that doesn't fix it, then it's time to move on to solder wick...
Activity: 631
wtf... Maybe we won't get these shipped today Huh

Yea, mine still shows sitting in the Sort Facility in WA no updates since Aug 31st.    I guess Dave overloaded the poor USPS sort facility.  ;-)
I was so looking forward to getting it today too.   Cry

so did anyone get tracking info for units "ready to ship" yesterday?

dave, can we get an update on where we stand with shipping?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Holy moly, that's awful soldering. That's how you make magic smoke come out of mysterious black boxes and such. They look like they were hand soldered by a high school student just starting out with no knowledge of the difference between a closed, open, or shorted circuit (they're all circuits, right?).

Time to break out the desoldering kit. This could save you weeks of shipping/processing time to do it yourself or have a buddy do it. Relevant Wikihow with solder wick or solder sucker: http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Solder

PSA: DO NOT fire up your Bitfury without looking over *all* of your solder connections.
Activity: 826
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter
News from Punin: "Here are photos of some of the soldering issues we've encountered. Please check your boards!" http://imgur.com/a/t3AKx

Isn't that's why Dave is testing all the boards before shipping it out?
Activity: 420
Activity: 408
I sent a FedEx label for overnight shipping, and it does not show it has been scanned yet.  So I doubt anything went out yesterday.  This is for order 2x.

Funny to see that according to the poll about half people didn't care for insurance or overnight shipping . Lol.
Something must have shipped yesterday since they worked over the weekend and did receive packages since Friday.

I asked for overnight shipping and mine got the "Ready to Ship" status yesterday but I was like "WTF, ok, well just give me the darn tracking number otherwise means BS" hehe so I don't know whether anything is arriving today or not. If they employed overnight via USPS (I prefer UPS instead), I'll have to keep an eye on the street since anything that doesn't fit in my small mailbox the mailman immediately runs away and after 6pm returns the package to the the USPS office, just after it's closed.
Activity: 576
So, Bitfury forum folk, what is the final type/size of PSU that is needed for the North American breed of Bitfury rig?

Are we now getting essentially 2 x 200GH rigs for each 1 x 400GH rig? What type of connectors do each of the M-boards require?

I presume that the M-boards now use either a molex or a 6-pin pcie or something like that? Or are we still using
the bare wire power connectors I saw over on cscape/intron's thread?

I presume that Dave has addressed this in the OWNERS MANUAL. I also heard rumor that they may be supplying the
kits with the PSU included? Has anyone gotten a definitive direction from the powers that be on this subject? I'm all ears...

Thanks,

Rusty

The M-boards that are shipping with August orders are version 1 (the bare wire connector thing). Dave is including an adapter which will go from that to 6 pin PCI-E connector. No PSU included. I believe I read somewhere final power draw was around 330 watts for 400gh/s? (don't quote me on that). Also yeah, you will get 2 x 200gh rigs. 1 last thing, if you get your August order with the version 1 master board,

Code:
******V1 M-Board Users*******

WARNING

DO NOT UPDATE CHAINMINER SOFTWARE!

Doing so can damage your hashing boards.  We will provide V2 M-boards as replacements as soon as they are available.

If software updates are necessary we will coordinate with V1 M-board users directly.

Activity: 213
Merit: 100
So, Bitfury forum folk, what is the final type/size of PSU that is needed for the North American breed of Bitfury rig?

Are we now getting essentially 2 x 200GH rigs for each 1 x 400GH rig? What type of connectors do each of the M-boards require?

I presume that the M-boards now use either a molex or a 6-pin pcie or something like that? Or are we still using
the bare wire power connectors I saw over on cscape/intron's thread?

I presume that Dave has addressed this in the OWNERS MANUAL. I also heard rumor that they may be supplying the
kits with the PSU included? Has anyone gotten a definitive direction from the powers that be on this subject? I'm all ears...

Thanks,

Rusty

Activity: 518
BTC < > INR & USD
Just to warn you guys out...

there are a lot of lurkers in this forum...

(from what I remember)

When people posting screenshots like this when their avalon was on delivery...

there was a guy who got his avalon miner stolen... coz he gave way too much information... of his address and what miner he is using... I think he added that he lived in a city where it was one of the safest city in the STATE...

so yeah... be careful posting your data...

you never know who see's them...

I agree and remember seeing that thread. They broke into his house and stole only his avalon miners.
Activity: 826
Crypto Investor ;) @ Farmed Account Hunter

(from what I remember)

there was a guy who got his avalon miner stolen... coz he gave way too much information... of his address and what miner he is using... I think he added that he lived in a city where it was one of the safest city in the STATE...

Target practice Wink
Activity: 462
Free World

(from what I remember)

Activity: 336
wtf... Maybe we won't get these shipped today Huh

Yea, mine still shows sitting in the Sort Facility in WA no updates since Aug 31st.    I guess Dave overloaded the poor USPS sort facility.  ;-)
I was so looking forward to getting it today too.   Cry
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Tracking info on USPS site
Curious, have you received any tracking updates yet for your shipment?   Mine still showing same status as your's.

Same here lol. Hasn't updated at all. I am assuming it is shipping today though.
Jump to: