Author

Topic: [ANN] US/North American Bitfury sales NEW STOCK ***NOW SHIPPING*** - page 188. (Read 576776 times)

rpg
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
you guys that are jumping into buying these and other large hash machines should punch some numbers in one of the online calculators. Before the end of the summer the difficulty will be at at least 100 million and over 200 million before years end. The get rich scheme will not happen, on the contrary, some of you will never recover the invested money
Activity: 681
Dave:

This post applies only to shipments within the US...

What exactly do you mean by "USPS standard"? Do you mean USPS Priority Mail? That usually delivers in 2 or 3 (depending on destination) calendar days (but no delivery on Sundays or holidays). This does not have a money-back guarantee if delivered late. In my experience (shipping hundreds of packages a day), about 13% of USPS Priority Mail shipments were delivered later than 3 days.

Or do you mean something really slow like USPS Standard Post (previously known as USPS Parcel Post)? I sure hope not, as it's not much cheaper (actually more expensive in some cases!) than USPS Priority Mail and is quite a bit slower. For example, a 5 pound package shipped USPS Standard Post from 98203 (Everett WA) to 10001 (NYC NY) costs $14.20 and takes 8 calendar days. But if shipped USPS Priority Mail in a 12x12x5.5" flat-rate box, it costs just $1.10 more ($15.30) and delivers 6 days sooner (2 calendar days). Getting a shipment 6 days sooner is currently worth $165 per 25GH!

And for expedited ($199), do you mean USPS Priority Mail Express (previously known as USPS Express Mail)? That delivers in 1 or 2 (depending on destination) calendar days, and can deliver on Sundays and holidays if an extra $12.50 fee is paid at the time of shipment. This does have a money-back guarantee if delivered late. In my experience, 6% of USPS Priority Mail Express shipments were delivered later than the guaranteed time. As for how many destinations get a 2-day guarantee instead of real overnight, I don't have stats handy, but it's alot.

Or will you be using FedEx (directly, not through USPS) for expedited shipping, which provides real overnight delivery to (almost?) all US destinations?

Points to note:
USPS Priority Mail Express is not always "overnight" even within the continental US.
USPS Priority Mail Express is usually only 1 day faster than USPS Priority Mail.
Not everyone knows that USPS runs their transportation network 7 days a week, so Priority Mail shipped Sat is often delivered Mon even all the way across the country. Only the final delivery trucks take Sundays and holidays off, except for a few delivering the Express Mail for which the $12.50 extra fee was paid.
USPS Standard Post is much slower than USPS Priority Mail, yet is sometimes more expensive, especially if the contents can fit in flat-rate Priority boxes.

To summarize...
Dave, is free shipping going to be USPS Standard Post (2-8 days) or USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days)? If USPS Standard Post, please consider spending a few bucks extra (if that) to upgrade to USPS Priority Mail.
And what city will you ship from? Everett WA? Knowing this will help those of us in the US guess how much expedited shipping is worth to us.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Things seem to be looking good over here in bitFury land. I would love to be able to give BFL the middle finger!! especially after their newest announcement.

I'm still waiting on hardware from BFL from over a year ago!

Keep up the Great Job Dave!!

Activity: 697
What happened to the chip sales on megabigpower.com? Thought there were cheap packs of ~10 chips for October delivery? $98/chip compared to ~$31/chip in the H-Board seems like highway robbery.

edit: Just realized the $98/chip order ships NOW vs the October delivery of the H-Board. Will you be relisting bulk chip sales for October? I'd be interested in a few dozen chips to experiment with overclocking the chips(moar voltage!).
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Oh to have the power of a small time bond peddler.

Thanks Dave.
vip
Activity: 472
Hi guys - expedited shipping is up on the site.  I decided to offer one option only - for $199 we will ship any order of any size overnight (or international expedited).  Please no credit cards for August orders - this must be paid in advance.  If you want to use your credit card for October orders, please wait until I get the CC processing in place.

Dave I placed an order for a starter kit in early August and requested CC processing and haven't been contacted yet. Is it possible to add to this order, pay with BTC, and maintain my position in the order queue?

Cheers.

You can certainly pay for your order with BTC and keep your spot in line.  I can't allow you to add on though - it would bump others down in queue.
Activity: 434
Hi guys - expedited shipping is up on the site.  I decided to offer one option only - for $199 we will ship any order of any size overnight (or international expedited).  Please no credit cards for August orders - this must be paid in advance.  If you want to use your credit card for October orders, please wait until I get the CC processing in place.

Dave I placed an order for a starter kit in early August and requested CC processing and haven't been contacted yet. Is it possible to add to this order, pay with BTC, and maintain my position in the order queue?

Cheers.
Activity: 133
Merit: 100
WARNING FOR BITPAY USERS

I am not sure if this is an isolated issue, however... I opted to pay with a non-integrated client, meaning I just copied the address from the invoice and withdrew to it from an exchange account. The invoice expired anyways... Encase this is not just me, I would pay through an integrated client if possible.

If that made no sense, or others have paid from an exchange account successfully, disregard.

EDIT: If you try to pay like I did, copy the text from the invoice including the Bitcoin address its having you send money to. You can give this to support if the invoice expires, and they can verify through the blockchain if it was truly paid. Really glad I did that, they are trying to figure it out for me now. they resolved the issue and the invoice is paid  Smiley

I have had people pay late on a BitPay invoice - they just hold the funds in a separate account until I tell them to apply it - its not a problem.

Well then..I guess I was alittle over-zealous in my warning. Thanks for clearing that up Dave  Smiley
ssi
Activity: 70
What is the "non-expedited" option for chips only?

Depends on where you are - I sent UPS to Canada and it took 1 week.  For US domestic, we've been using flat-fee boxes from USPS - shouldn't take more than 5 days.

Cool.  I'm in Atlanta, and flat-rate USPS shouldn't take more than two days in most cases.  My only concern about that would be tracking/insurance.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
OK, does this mean you have products to ship right now for the August Delivery Kits?

I'd be willing to drop $200 if the delivery time-frame is very soon.

I am also willing to buy some H cards too.  Not sure if we can do that still Tongue
vip

Here's the particulars:

This flat fee will upgrade your shipping to Priority Express overnight if you are in the US, or Global Express if you are International.

We estimate this shipping will provide a 1-3 business day shipping time.

***All packages require signature on delivery***  Make sure you track your package and make arrangements to sign for it!

We will make every effort to combine your orders if quantities allow. 

Please order (1) Expedited Delivery per order you want to expedite.

Dave, can we just send you a FedEx label on our account to ship with?  Might be easier for some of us.

Absolutely - coordinate closely with Yvonne ([email protected]) so it doesn't fall through the cracks.
vip

Here's the particulars:

This flat fee will upgrade your shipping to Priority Express overnight if you are in the US, or Global Express if you are International.

***All packages require signature on delivery***  Make sure you track your package and make arrangements to sign for it!

Dave,

Which courier is this with?
Its USPS for domestic, but they say they partner with FedEx for overnight.  The option I'm providing is all overnight shipping.
Activity: 158

Here's the particulars:

Dave, can we just send you a FedEx label on our account to ship with?  Might be easier for some of us.
vip

Depends on where you are - I sent UPS to Canada and it took 1 week.  For US domestic, we've been using flat-fee boxes from USPS - shouldn't take more than 5 days.
vip

Here's the particulars:

Dave, here are some shipping questions for August delivery products:

1. What is standard (included) shipping method and expected lead time?
2. Where is shipping originating from (USA or international)?
3. Will both standard and expedited methods be "trackable"?
4. If we have multiple orders (that you intend to combine), would that be 1 expedited fee total?
5. Can you make sure the Fedex girl is gorgeous? It will help make the delivery experience be just that much more enjoyable... Wink

Thanks,

Rusty

1. USPS standard - probably 5 days for US domestic shipping.
2. Shipping will originate from US
3. Definitely tracking numbers and signature delivery is required on all packages
4. *If* I can combine orders it will be a single fee.  I don't know how well I can track this.  If you have multiple orders that are spaced apart by a few days, chances are less.
5. I googled "hot fedex girl" and I'm sorry to say, they must not exist.
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
Greetings miners,

Open hardware on an empty cardboard box.

You guys truly are bitcoin miners!

Cheesy
vip
WARNING FOR BITPAY USERS

I am not sure if this is an isolated issue, however... I opted to pay with a non-integrated client, meaning I just copied the address from the invoice and withdrew to it from an exchange account. The invoice expired anyways... Encase this is not just me, I would pay through an integrated client if possible.

If that made no sense, or others have paid from an exchange account successfully, disregard.

EDIT: If you try to pay like I did, copy the text from the invoice including the Bitcoin address its having you send money to. You can give this to support if the invoice expires, and they can verify through the blockchain if it was truly paid. Really glad I did that, they are trying to figure it out for me now. they resolved the issue and the invoice is paid  Smiley

I have had people pay late on a BitPay invoice - they just hold the funds in a separate account until I tell them to apply it - its not a problem.
Activity: 133
WARNING FOR BITPAY USERS

EDIT: If you try to pay like I did, copy the text from the invoice including the Bitcoin address its having you send money to. You can give this to support if the invoice expires, and they can verify through the blockchain if it was truly paid. Really glad I did that, they are trying to figure it out for me now. they resolved the issue and the invoice is paid  Smiley

Dave said he's encountered this and it's no big deal  Smiley
Activity: 213

Here's the particulars:

Dave, here are some shipping questions for August delivery products:

1. What is standard (included) shipping method and expected lead time?
2. Where is shipping originating from (USA or international)?
3. Will both standard and expedited methods be "trackable"?
4. If we have multiple orders (that you intend to combine), would that be 1 expedited fee total?
5. Can you make sure the Fedex girl is gorgeous? It will help make the delivery experience be just that much more enjoyable... Wink

Thanks,

Rusty
ssi
Activity: 70
Jump to: