Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 97. (Read 554380 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I might switch back once I receive my first payout from clever mining as I dont see too much difference in that and coinshift. But with coinshift (being a low end miner) I get paid everyday (balance when it reaches 0.001) so I have my coins with me instead of waiting for myself to reach 0.01 I can use the coins now.

That's actually a good point. It's a nice feature, but Terk has tons of stuff to do, even vardiff isn't back up yet, lol.

So back to square one how do we know the coin was still profitable when it was actually exchanged. Clevermining considers its profits for unexchanged coins only not when they were actually exchanged.

Because you mined it at a low difficulty, and even if the price dropped a bit when you exchange it, it's still more profitable than others?
Activity: 519
Merit: 502
So back to square one how do we know the coin was still profitable when it was actually exchanged. Clevermining considers its profits for unexchanged coins only not when they were actually exchanged.
I might switch back once I receive my first payout from clever mining as I dont see too much difference in that and coinshift. But with coinshift (being a low end miner) I get paid everyday (balance when it reaches 0.001) so I have my coins with me instead of waiting for myself to reach 0.01 I can use the coins now.
Also, coins are profitable mostly due to a drop in difficulty, not a spike in price.

Yes but since when difficulty drops for a particular coin everyone runs to mine it, multi-pools first... and they dump it as soon as it is mined... guess what happens to its price.

Yes, and other multipools also have to wait for the coins to mature too.

well I do believe that price should be factored in. I mean if you mine a million doges in like say an 1hr due to low difficulty but the btc price of it is only .003 and at the same time ltc price in btc is like 0.2 it doesn't make sense in mining doges at that time. Thats just my opinion I maybe wrong but price must have been factored in or else this formula becomes useless. Why not just mine a dieing coin it will have the lowest difficulty and claim that you made alot of money even though you cant exchange it...

Of course price is also factored in... That's part of what "profitability" means, you know.
well I do believe that price should be factored in. I mean if you mine a million doges in like say an 1hr due to low difficulty but the btc price of it is only .003 and at the same time ltc price in btc is like 0.2 it doesn't make sense in mining doges at that time. Thats just my opinion I maybe wrong but price must have been factored in or else this formula becomes useless. Why not just mine a dieing coin it will have the lowest difficulty and claim that you made alot of money even though you cant exchange it...
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
Also, coins are profitable mostly due to a drop in difficulty, not a spike in price.

Yes but since when difficulty drops for a particular coin everyone runs to mine it, multi-pools first... and they dump it as soon as it is mined... guess what happens to its price.
I am a bit confused to as how this exactly works. They say we are mining the most profitable coin but usually the exchanged coins take like 8hrs + to get from immature to be available for payout. This brings a question in mind does the coin remain that much profitable at the time of exchange? Cause it seems that clevermining is being clever and I am only getting the same payout as I was on coinshift even though the profitably here seems higher at least from the stats being provided my clevermining... I may just be plain wrong as I am new to all this but can anyone please explain to me if I am calculating somthing wrong here?

That's exactly the information I am after too. Simply put is the altcoin most profitable at the time of exchange? Or maturity etc...

All coins need to mature and get confirmed.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
I am a bit confused to as how this exactly works. They say we are mining the most profitable coin but usually the exchanged coins take like 8hrs + to get from immature to be available for payout. This brings a question in mind does the coin remain that much profitable at the time of exchange? Cause it seems that clevermining is being clever and I am only getting the same payout as I was on coinshift even though the profitably here seems higher at least from the stats being provided my clevermining... I may just be plain wrong as I am new to all this but can anyone please explain to me if I am calculating somthing wrong here?

That's exactly the information I am after too. Simply put is the altcoin most profitable at the time of exchange? Or maturity etc...
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
It's sad to see the averages are this low currently.. (Because of the decreasing value of Scrypt coins).. Do you guys think we will hit the 0.009 BTC / MH / D again someday? Like we did at the 19th of April.

Personally, I think the rewards keep decreasing (as more Scrypt ASICS are coming on the market; more hashrate..)
I'm hoping we can see the 0.01 BTC/MH/s per day days that we used to have a few months back.

Days like today aren't making it easy for me to pay off my miners. Sad
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
It's sad to see the averages are this low currently.. (Because of the decreasing value of Scrypt coins).. Do you guys think we will hit the 0.009 BTC / MH / D again someday? Like we did at the 19th of April.

Personally, I think the rewards keep decreasing (as more Scrypt ASICS are coming on the market; more hashrate..)

Oh I don't think its solely tied to global hashrate.  Litecoin difficulty decreased between May 6th and today, it jumped to 7292 today.  Doge dropped substantially on Apr 28.  Feathercoin dropped a lot on Apr 25th.  Asic hashing power is distributing across many alt coins, which is unlike bitcoin and the sha256 algo, all miners there are pointed at btc.  I dont think Asics will have the kind of effect on alt coins like it did with bitcoin.  Whats causing the decrease earning potential per MH?  That I am not entirely sure, but I would argue that the disbursement of hash across many coins is good for miners and will help keep profits up for creative miners and those with GPUs.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!

Activity: 36
Thanks.

Today's payout was delayed by two hours because I was working on processing ~50 BTC unexchanged balance from the last three weeks. We had some trades on an exchange which API we had problem with. We couldn't collect our trade history and it was the reason for unexchanged balance being so high recently (trades were made but we couldn't sync them into our database). This is fixed now and we have this exchange running on our automated sync from now on. Payouts are running just now.
Yeah no worries mate. I will get onto that. Was just trying to speed up the process. Sorry if I ticked ya off mate.

Im just after some informative and advise from people unassociated with clevermining.com

Hey guys,

I just have two questions about clevermining.com

1. how do you get in contact with them?

2. (The question I would've asked clevermining.com contact(if I could find it)??
So exactly how are the scrypt coins calculated for they're values, during the auto-switch mining, in a 24 hour period before payout in BTC?

For example, is there a time thats set for Daily payout on the site?

Also, say hypothetically the daily payout is every 24 hours, would that mean if a particular crytpo coin was profiting well druing the first 8 hours of the 24 hour period before payout occured and then the coin slumped in value hugely, for the rest of the 24 hour period before pay out....

Would those crytpo coins, therefore be exchanged and paid out in BTC, at their current(hence lower) value?  And therefore not converted to BTC at their most profitable value during the hypothetical 24 hour period?

Please let me know your thoughts crypto guru's.

cheers

Alex

I'm not a crypto guru but I have one advice for you - RTFTF (Read The F*cking Thread First)
Start with post one where you can find an answer at least for your first question easily.

Cheers  Grin
mining.com

Have you tried already at 700 Mhz?

What the heck are you talking about?

So exactly how are the scrypt coins calculated for they're values, during the auto-switch mining, in a 24 hour period before payout in BTC?

Also, say hypothetically the daily payout is every 24 hours, would that mean if a particular crytpo coin was profiting well druing the first 8 hours of the 24 hour period before payout occured and then the coin slumped in value hugely, for the rest of the 24 hour period before pay out....

Would those crytpo coins, therefore be exchanged and paid out in BTC, at their current(hence lower) value?  And therefore not converted to BTC at their most profitable value during the hypothetical 24 hour period?

I'm not sure what you are asking about. Payouts are not based on some calculated value, but on the real value which the pool got from mining coins.

We mine a coin -> we wait until it's matured and we're able to send it -> we send it to an exchange -> we exchange it into BTC -> we withdraw BTC from exchange -> we pay out to users.

Of course every block can be exchanged at different price, depending on what the best price was available at the time of exchanging. If a coin had a price 1 BTC in the morning but 0.5 BTC in the evening and we mined a block in the afternoon, then of course we will be able to exchange it for only 0.5 BTC because 1 BTC price is long gone. Or maybe you know some method to exchange currencies using either prices from half a day or current prices, whichever you find suitable. I could use such trick! ;-)

If you don't understand, it means that the coins are exchanged ASAP, once they mature.
Activity: 42
Yeah no worries mate. I will get onto that. Was just trying to speed up the process. Sorry if I ticked ya off mate.

Im just after some informative and advise from people unassociated with clevermining.com

Hey guys,

I just have two questions about clevermining.com

1. how do you get in contact with them?

2. (The question I would've asked clevermining.com contact(if I could find it)??

Please let me know your thoughts crypto guru's.

cheers

Alex

I'm not a crypto guru but I have one advice for you - RTFTF (Read The F*cking Thread First)
Start with post one where you can find an answer at least for your first question easily.

Cheers  Grin
mining.com

Have you tried already at 700 Mhz?
Activity: 135
Hmm unexchanged balance is building up, and nothing on earned balance since last payout.
Something wrong?

Nothing's wrong. Coins are marked as exchanged when BTC is withdrawn from exchanges and we withdraw manually in batches. It always jumps from unexchanged to exchanged just few times a day.

Great, then I know.
Thank you!
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Hmm unexchanged balance is building up, and nothing on earned balance since last payout.
Something wrong?

Nothing's wrong. Coins are marked as exchanged when BTC is withdrawn from exchanges and we withdraw manually in batches. It always jumps from unexchanged to exchanged just few times a day.
Activity: 135
Something wrong?

Activity: 25
btc adress : 1Bwp83DtsaN913AdJRyfaPS983YaFFpSB2
i still have Unexchanged   0.00078495 BTC ..
Activity: 154

The algorithm, etc is all intentionally private.
It has to be for clevermining to stay competitive.

It's a black box, you give it hash, clevermining gives you btc.
You can check the daily stats to see if that's something you want to participate in.
Pages:
Jump to: