Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 96. (Read 554380 times)

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
At the risk of being a whale watcher, it appears that 10 GH/s moved out of the pool. And WP has grown by about that much.

But WP's recent numbers and trends don't look that compelling. I wonder how the whale decides what pool to splash around in...
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
While I am using the gridseed consider this the price dropped from 300 to 85 in a month. If I had invested in let's say ghash.io I would have been in.profit by just selling the ghs. I just think cloud plus its trading is Bette r then investment in asics right now.

While the price did drop significantly, it was not that much and not in a month. Yes, bad math is my pet peeve.

Mid February - asiabtc - $260 per miner
Mid March - GAW Miners - ~$200
Mid April - GAW, Hashra, etc - ~$120-$150
Now - $80-100, or about $60 for used ones.
Activity: 519
Merit: 502
A question I have I am running a customized scripta version by hashmaster on pi right now with 2 gridseeds. If I install linux on it can I run the gridseeds and an antminer u2 that I have sitting around.
While I am using the gridseed consider this the price dropped from 300 to 85 in a month. If I had invested in let's say ghash.io I would have been in.profit by just selling the ghs. I just think cloud plus its trading is Bette r then investment in asics right now.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I think its better to go the route of cloud mining. I mean no hardware to worry about you pay electricity cost from what you earn which is great. Pbmining ghash.io and scrypt.cc are  great. I was also looking into nicehash.

Cloud isn't that great, but you forgot about LeaseRig.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I have just now found your message, and I really appreciate it.  What an exciting thread that is!

Terk, thanks for settling the score of the unexchanged balance. I had figured that was just coins that had died but glad to see that there is progress to be made there. Perhaps it's less of an issue to me because my balance stuck unexchanged is literally just .002. So. Not too concerned about $0.90

Even though I dont have volt-modded Gridseeds, I have over-clocked them, and one of them gave 0 hardware errors at 950, so...it would do me well to be able to target individual units for specific clock speeds, or, as you suggest, use auto-tuning software.

Not only can you target individual units with a clock speed, you can target individual CHIPS within those units with a clock speed. If you run the autotune, you can get the results per chip from the API.

If you're comfortable mucking around with some basic PHP, here's a script that will, based on autotune results, give you a command line string to start up your miner with the per chip settings.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6603449
I think its better to go the route of cloud mining. I mean no hardware to worry about you pay electricity cost from what you earn which is great. Pbmining ghash.io and scrypt.cc are  great. I was also looking into nicehash.
legendary
The time has finally come! If you pay for electricity in the US and are mining with a radeon GPU the cost of the electricity is greater than the value of the BTC youre receiving through this pool for most.  Its been a fun ride everyone.  The LTC hashrate has increased over 50% in the last 2 weeks(!!!) and is only going to continue to rise rapidly.  ASIC are here and are only going to get cheaper and more powerful.

However, the depressed BTC is actually a good thing.  There is much profit to be made by selling hardware and buying cheap BTC

Dude, plagiarized my previous post...wtf?

Don't worry, he's doing that everywhere to everyone in a non-discriminatory fashion Smiley

Activity: 174
Merit: 100
16Q3R8NAfK63DvkTUGgLdPScyMU8uSAJUH
The time has finally come! If you pay for electricity in the US and are mining with a radeon GPU the cost of the electricity is greater than the value of the BTC youre receiving through this pool for most.  Its been a fun ride everyone.  The LTC hashrate has increased over 50% in the last 2 weeks(!!!) and is only going to continue to rise rapidly.  ASIC are here and are only going to get cheaper and more powerful.

However, the depressed BTC is actually a good thing.  There is much profit to be made by selling hardware and buying cheap BTC

Dude, plagiarized my previous post...wtf?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024

Depends where you're located, electricty prices vary, anywhere from 2 cents per kW/hr to ~15 cents per kW/hr. Right now with power at 12 cents per kW/hr, I'm still making about $1 a day after power with my machines.
Activity: 265
Merit: 250

Oh, you again. We heard that 2 weeks ago from you. I'd really like to see what Terk has to say about this and if he's considering any X11 multipool.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Oh oky. Thanks for giving a clarification. In anycase I do hope more pools start to go the way of coninshift if most pools do that I believe it will not kill that particular coin and in return give us better returns overall.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Rockem Sockem
The reason its like that with all pools is because there is no way to track that much information. From the time a coin is mined to the time it is sold the price can drop or can go up. The best you are going to get on any pool is an approximation. Bigger pools that mine the way clever does have resorted to leaving small coins alone since putting all of that hash at one coin can basically kill that coin. Coinshift takes a different approach and other pools and starting to shift to the idea of spreading the allotted hash they have around in much the same way. I can't speak for terk if he has started to do this yet but I know another big pool has. I didn't really think you were taking a shot at Terk BTW just wanted to give my feelings on the pool and the operator. The numbers are so close you have to go with the pool you feel comfortable with. Since Clever was one of the first and always treated me well I feel its where my loyalty lies when it comes to scrypt.
I have nothing against him bro. Dont get me wrong just wanted to see what I was actually getting. The chart doesnt say again if its converted or expected. Its not with just this pool the problem is with all pools. And like I was saying I was getting about the same profit with both coinshift and clevermining and it displays in that chart they are very near to each other. From the looks of it I think its better to mine coinshift in my case due to me getting daily payouts.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Rockem Sockem
So back to square one how do we know the coin was still profitable when it was actually exchanged. Clevermining considers its profits for unexchanged coins only not when they were actually exchanged.

What exactly are you looking for? I don't think that Terk has a time machine to look up coin's future price, but I'm sure his formula considers market depth and/or other factors that may affect his ability to exchange it at a favorable rate. Just as most multipools do.

I am looking for payout after exchanged rates to show up so we can compare profitability nothing more. So we can judge how much we are actually making not how much we might be making as opposed to mining ltc directly.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/discontinued-cryptoday-mining-revenue-stats-scrypt-scrypt-n-x11-x13-514242

Really that what you looking for. Suchmoon is showing real world numbers with his own machines and tracking all of the major sites. Clever is always competitive. However Scrypt mining is dying a slow painful death. Terk is very upfront with information. He posts here often and doesn't hide in the shadows. When it comes to scrypt pools its a trust worthy pool that will do its best for you.
Also take note with coinshift they dont always mine the most profitable coins they vary their hash rates so when they dump the price doesnt go down that much and also it doesent effect the difficulty too much.
So back to square one how do we know the coin was still profitable when it was actually exchanged. Clevermining considers its profits for unexchanged coins only not when they were actually exchanged.

What exactly are you looking for? I don't think that Terk has a time machine to look up coin's future price, but I'm sure his formula considers market depth and/or other factors that may affect his ability to exchange it at a favorable rate. Just as most multipools do.

I am looking for payout after exchanged rates to show up so we can compare profitability nothing more. So we can judge how much we are actually making not how much we might be making as opposed to mining ltc directly.
Thats what I am saying not sure. I think I am making about the same. Given I have had a few power outages recently I will stick with clevermining till first payout which I think will be in like 2 more days as I make about 0.0024 daily
legendary

Pages:
Jump to: