Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 238. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Question for old school long term miners.

I am a newbie to mining just over 2 weeks, since I started mining I have watched the BTC price fall from around £450 GBP to this mornings £266 GBP.

I have worked out that if it falls below £200 GBP I will be spending more on electric than gaining Fiat from BTC, are these trends normal ?

If the BTC price falls below your running costs what do you do ?

1)Turn off your mining rigs and wait for the price to go back up ?

2) Ride the storm continue mining but don't cash out and wait for the price to go back up ?

3) Mine other coins that you get paid out in a different crypto currency IE litecoin ?

4) OTHER ? Please explain.

I ask these questions as a newbie, so please don't all think I am not doing my research before asking. I have seen the graphs and stats available on the net, and saw the price peeked late last year, then had a couple of big drops earlier this year.

The reasons I have read about online were blaming the silk road situation, silk road2, and the MTGox situation. Is there more to this than I am seeing or unaware of.

This is the reason I invested my money in mining equipment rather than directly on the stock market and into crypto currency, I always have the equipment to sell on or make individual pcs from and sell on ebay etc.

I have noticed in the last 2 weeks a lot more mining rigs have become available on ebay for the same or slightly less than what I could build them for myself if I were to shop around for the parts..

Your insights and answers and experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Axco.

Hi, i'm in the same boat as you and have just started with my first mining Rig.

The Price will bounce back. i see it hitting a low of $400 and come back in the next few months gradually. And at that point i intend to buy a few and watch my investment grow.

Also, try bitbargain or bitylicious for a better UK rate.

i'm seeing £338.35 from Bitbargain. I'm in the UK too so the conversion rates are crucial for me too.

EDIT: for anyone that think it might help.. i've built this spreadsheet up over the last week or so. Yellow Areas require manual input.. the rest should work themselves out. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhLzFYXpcoJDdFN4X0tOcE1tQmRyaXNmVGNlZEo4Ymc

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Question for old school long term miners.

I am a newbie to mining just over 2 weeks, since I started mining I have watched the BTC price fall from around £450 GBP to this mornings £266 GBP.

I have worked out that if it falls below £200 GBP I will be spending more on electric than gaining Fiat from BTC, are these trends normal ?

If the BTC price falls below your running costs what do you do ?

1)Turn off your mining rigs and wait for the price to go back up ?

2) Ride the storm continue mining but don't cash out and wait for the price to go back up ?

3) Mine other coins that you get paid out in a different crypto currency IE litecoin ?

4) OTHER ? Please explain.

I ask these questions as a newbie, so please don't all think I am not doing my research before asking. I have seen the graphs and stats available on the net, and saw the price peeked late last year, then had a couple of big drops earlier this year.

The reasons I have read about online were blaming the silk road situation, silk road2, and the MTGox situation. Is there more to this than I am seeing or unaware of.

This is the reason I invested my money in mining equipment rather than directly on the stock market and into crypto currency, I always have the equipment to sell on or make individual pcs from and sell on ebay etc.

I have noticed in the last 2 weeks a lot more mining rigs have become available on ebay for the same or slightly less than what I could build them for myself if I were to shop around for the parts..

Your insights and answers and experiences will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Axco.
Activity: 195
Per ACCEPTED mh. When you only have 80% of your mh accepted, it's not the same.

Best nick name ever hahaha
Activity: 156
You got 9Mh/s and don't understand how mining works.

YOU are pathetic Roll Eyes

edit : omg, i didn't notice you also don't understand simple maths.

The front page stats has nothing to do with the USD value of a bitcoin...

Having money to throw at a mining Rig Doesn't also give you the ability to buy braincells I'm afraid.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
To all the new miners, give this pool a few days (not a few hours) and you will see the payouts .01 btc per 1 mh/s. 
Per ACCEPTED mh. When you only have 80% of your mh accepted, it's not the same.
Activity: 34
For all having issues with rejects -

-- Keep intensity below 19, try 18 (on -g 1 configs).

-- Insert -E 10 -s 5 -Q 0 settings into your config(s).

I have always ran my r9 290 miners at -I 20 and seen little issues on other profit switching pools. However I'm getting >10% rejects on clevermining.

Can you explain why -I 18 is supposedly better in this case even though it appears to result in less WU and hashrate?

I have a R9 290X I did an experiment with many levels of intensity. Have a look here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B-_UkIrGZYray8jb4K3Jnwx3JgweBHdaTCxgccgtFio/edit?usp=sharing
Activity: 33
10 hours with 9Mh/s and i got paid = 0.04074802

pathetic.

Also this pool is reject central, im guessing the cause is the constant switching.

The front page stats look made up to me. As of now the front page is showing 120% profit down only 1% on yesterday when BTC has dropped by 30%.

Screams scam to me.

the profiabilty is based on LTC value not BTC value. and the 0.4 is that just paid out or including unexchanged as due to some craptsy issues over the last few days the trades have taken a little extra time.
Activity: 175
10 hours with 9Mh/s and i got paid = 0.04074802

pathetic.

Also this pool is reject central, im guessing the cause is the constant switching.

The front page stats look made up to me. As of now the front page is showing 120% profit down only 1% on yesterday when BTC has dropped by 30%.

Screams scam to me.
Activity: 3
I found on a 7950 Sapphire VaporX  at 1150/1600 I have to wind my xintensity (using cgminer 3.7.3 Kalroth) down from 575 to 350 to keep rejects down below 10%. At full intensity rejects hit 30-50%. So that brings my hash rate down from 680kh to 630khs. I use -g 2 for two threads.
I hope when the eu server comes on line I can get rejects down to the same as hashcows (c 4% now ) or megamultipool.com (2%) or wemineltc.com (c1%). Still some bugs to be worked out in the stratum software is my feeling. But I will keep at it as I like the interface and hope the profits are worth the hash power drop.
Activity: 45
Terk - can you please explain why payouts have been less frequent, and unexchanged coin balances are getting to higher balances than normal? 
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
To The Moon!
Just starting using this Pool. Let's see how it goes. I'm worried after reading about the rejected shares.
Activity: 3
I wish the real-time hashrate graph was accurate. im averaging 10% reject but my hashrate is always half on the 10 minute updates.
Activity: 27
4x Sapphire TOXIC R9 280X at 3.000 Kh/s for 24 hours, total profit on this pool: 0.01052211 BTC   what a joke!!! i can get 0.03 BTC on another pool

My miner is reporting 35% rejected shares totally on a 24 hour window period,  web page just reporting 0.02% pfffrrrrr GET REAL!!!

Is this what is paid out to you or including your unexchanged and immature? If it is not just your payout, then something is wrong on your end because I make nearly .01BTC with .9Mh/s.
rwo
Activity: 9
I have been testing out this nice pool for the last 4 hours..

my computer is mining with 600kb/s and the web pages show this too.

Looking at the rejects its around 3-7% according to web page.. but when I stopped cgminer it claimed that I had 60% reject. Now I'm wondering who is right?

my ping times is around 188ms, so a eu server would be nice.

Also as a miner its nice to know what your mining.. I know you don't like to post that.. but maybe you could make a Top20 list each month were we could see how much time we used on each coin.
Activity: 289
O2-Protocol.com Carbon Offset DeFi
4x Sapphire TOXIC R9 280X at 3.000 Kh/s for 24 hours, total profit on this pool: 0.01052211 BTC   what a joke!!! i can get 0.03 BTC on another pool

My miner is reporting 35% rejected shares totally on a 24 hour window period,  web page just reporting 0.02% pfffrrrrr GET REAL!!!
Activity: 1
Hey guys, new to the forum and also to this server.  I have been mining for a couple weeks now on other pools with a 3x xfx r9 270 setup making ~1.4Mh with <1% errors.   I have been running on this server for almost a day now and CGWatcher reports 50% or more rejected.  However, cgminer reports ~2% rejects, 0 HW error.  (My personal computer also mines as well and has even higher rejects.)  The computers are located in Southern California with good internet, so latency shouldn't be an issue.  Last time i pinged it, got 55ms or so.

Is there a specific problem with my settings? (xfx r9 270 machine)

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u ~~~~ -p ~~~~~~~ -g 1 --worksize 128 -I 18 --thread-concurrency 21568 --gpu-vddc 1.17,1.18,1.18 --gpu-fan 85 --temp-overheat 90 --temp-cutoff 95 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-engine 1060,1100,1100 --gpu-memclock 1450,1490,1490 --gpu-powertune 20 --no-submit-stale --failover-only

I have tried using the "-E 10, -S 5, -Q 0" and there is little/no impact on rejected.
Any help is appreciated. TIA
Activity: 14
For all having issues with rejects -

-- Keep intensity below 19, try 18 (on -g 1 configs).

-- Insert -E 10 -s 5 -Q 0 settings into your config(s).

I have always ran my r9 290 miners at -I 20 and seen little issues on other profit switching pools. However I'm getting >10% rejects on clevermining.

Can you explain why -I 18 is supposedly better in this case even though it appears to result in less WU and hashrate?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
How exactly are we losing profitability against LTC if it's profit-switching? Surely it would switch to LTC if it's more profitable instead of mining lower profitable coins Tongue I just don't see the logic there.
Even if you mined only LTC, you would dip below and above expected profitability constantly.  It's called variance, or luck.
Activity: 23
How exactly are we losing profitability against LTC if it's profit-switching? Surely it would switch to LTC if it's more profitable instead of mining lower profitable coins Tongue I just don't see the logic there.

My take is that there is some variance involved. We got less shares than normal for an hour, but an average number of shares would have yielded better than LTC. Just look at the daily averages.
Activity: 133
Jump to: