Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 264. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
1. My rejection Rate is very High bRejected: 83.9 kH/s (13.8%)

2. I am running Sapphire R9 280X. The cgminer show avg 728 KH/s where as on the website 631.7 kH/s 24-hour Average.

3. As per the website  the  BTC per day is 0.01218 BTC/day per MH/s.Based on this calculation the BTC/day for 700 KH/s must be .008526. However i have only 0.00565835 BTC. i e 34% less than pool profitability.

Please advise

Raw hashrate is 728 kh/s. Rejects are 13.8%. 728 kh/s * (1 - 0.138) = 628 kh/s effective. Pretty much exactly what you're seeing.
And I got the same BTC/MH yesterday. Seemed to be a lower-than-average profitability day.

--

To everyone struggling with very high rejects: You can tweak cgminer to use a lower intensity while still maintaining a high hashrate via the -g 2 parameter. But that will only help if your rejects are actually higher than the pool average. If it's already equal or lower than average, then you don't really need to worry about it because the reject rate is already factored in the profitability calculation, according to Terk.

Forgive me but where is the pool average for rejects? I am at 24% rejects which can't be right! When you use the g2 parameter are there any general rules of thumb? For instance do you usually start with half the -I and -g2?
Thanks in advance.

Average rejects are displayed alongside your own rejects in the graph on your user stats page. Right now it's about 25%, so yours isn't even particularly bad.
All you need to know about -g 2 and intensity tweaking is written here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1461916/tutorial-ultimate-guide-to-tweaking-amd-cgminer-3-7-2-kalroth-edition-sgminer-instructions-included-aswell-get-the-most-hash-out-of-your-gpu

So are you trying to say that the same settings we all use and have used for months/years on profit/coin switching pools don't apply to yours because you all are doing something beyond what the most venerable pools are doing in this space? I'm just trying to understand why the admins of the pool are doing this finger pointing the miners' way. I've never seen reject rates above 10% ever... but here it's like I'm giving away 25% of my hash power and not getting the results I expect from a 90% or better share efficiency.

I want to drink the koolaid guys, don't get me wrong. There's a LOT to like here; that said, pointing the finger at the miners and saying they are doing something wrong to experience this problem only with your pool sounds unreasonable.

That said, I will adjust my mining configs tonight a bit and see if it has any appreciate effect, but I would like to know, in a detailed technical explanation from the pool admin(s) why this is our issue and not a pool-side issue.

Thanks a bunch for the work...

r00tdude

I'm doing a log with the measurements of my gpu to find the best configuration for now lower the intensity as suggested several times by Terk really seems to work, please look here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B-_UkIrGZYray8jb4K3Jnwx3JgweBHdaTCxgccgtFio/edit?usp=sharing
+1 for your question.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100

2. I am running Sapphire R9 280X. The cgminer show avg 728 KH/s where as on the website 631.7 kH/s 24-hour Average.

3. As per the website  the  BTC per day is 0.01218 BTC/day per MH/s.Based on this calculation the BTC/day for 700 KH/s must be .008526. However i have only 0.00565835 BTC. i e 34% less than pool profitability.

Please advise

Raw hashrate is 728 kh/s. Rejects are 13.8%. 728 kh/s * (1 - 0.138) = 628 kh/s effective. Pretty much exactly what you're seeing.
And I got the same BTC/MH yesterday. Seemed to be a lower-than-average profitability day.

--

To everyone struggling with very high rejects: You can tweak cgminer to use a lower intensity while still maintaining a high hashrate via the -g 2 parameter. But that will only help if your rejects are actually higher than the pool average. If it's already equal or lower than average, then you don't really need to worry about it because the reject rate is already factored in the profitability calculation, according to Terk.

Forgive me but where is the pool average for rejects? I am at 24% rejects which can't be right! When you use the g2 parameter are there any general rules of thumb? For instance do you usually start with half the -I and -g2?
Thanks in advance.

Average rejects are displayed alongside your own rejects in the graph on your user stats page. Right now it's about 25%, so yours isn't even particularly bad.
All you need to know about -g 2 and intensity tweaking is written here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1461916/tutorial-ultimate-guide-to-tweaking-amd-cgminer-3-7-2-kalroth-edition-sgminer-instructions-included-aswell-get-the-most-hash-out-of-your-gpu

So are you trying to say that the same settings we all use and have used for months/years on profit/coin switching pools don't apply to yours because you all are doing something beyond what the most venerable pools are doing in this space? I'm just trying to understand why the admins of the pool are doing this finger pointing the miners' way. I've never seen reject rates above 10% ever... but here it's like I'm giving away 25% of my hash power and not getting the results I expect from a 90% or better share efficiency.

I want to drink the koolaid guys, don't get me wrong. There's a LOT to like here; that said, pointing the finger at the miners and saying they are doing something wrong to experience this problem only with your pool sounds unreasonable.

That said, I will adjust my mining configs tonight a bit and see if it has any appreciate effect, but I would like to know, in a detailed technical explanation from the pool admin(s) why this is our issue and not a pool-side issue.

Thanks a bunch for the work...

r00tdude
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
Couldnt connect for the past hour. still cant connect. Whats happening?
hi trek

i been with the pool for nearly 6 days and never disconnected or went to my back up pool .....but today your pool has gone down ?is that to do with too many new users, putting a strain on your server ?

have you got a back up server address/pool ?

hope you can get this sorted......

We're getting bigger, faster, stronger. In the next couple of hours there will be another server up. Stay tuned and keep on mining.
Activity: 27
hi trek

i been with the pool for nearly 6 days and never disconnected or went to my back up pool .....but today your pool has gone down ?is that to do with too many new users, putting a strain on your server ?

have you got a back up server address/pool ?

hope you can get this sorted......
Activity: 47
Yeah It will be a very nice pool when the disconnects and the 10%+ reject will be solved. Probably you will need and EU server, or some loadballancer. I will check back later.
Activity: 117
Merit: 10

Please advise

--

Thanks in advance.

Activity: 117
500KH/s were my hashrate normally lies around 1500KH/s, getting lots of disconnects and rejected percentage is shifting between 2-40% I'm stationed in Europe.

Hope stuff gets fixed soon, was a very good pool. Until then I'll be on another pool.

Same here, this is definitely going to be my primary pool once these issues are sorted out. For the time being I'm going to mine some DOGE coins as they seem to be quite profitable for the time being. Will check back every so often. Good luck Terk with the new server etc.
Activity: 38
500KH/s were my hashrate normally lies around 1500KH/s, getting lots of disconnects and rejected percentage is shifting between 2-40% I'm stationed in Europe.

Hope stuff gets fixed soon, was a very good pool. Until then I'll be on another pool.
Activity: 84
I'm setting up more powerful server as I write this. Should be able to switch to it within 1-2 hours. Hostname and IP won't change so you can continue mining, you will just get disconnected and then connect immediately again to the new server.
Is this the server in CA you were planning to move to?

I am currently on Waffle but want to give your pool another try. I got passed the rejection rates, the biggest issue my Hash rate constantly drops. Will the new server fix this? I woke up today to find 2 of my rigs sitting at 40kh per card, when it should be at 700+.

Thanks for the updates.
Hi terk

since 14h30 GMT +1 i have enormous fail on the pool Sad

Is it normal, cgminer lost connection to stratum server every 10mins

Please read the thread before post! There's an issue on the server, Terk is working hard to set another one!
Activity: 74
Hi terk

since 14h30 GMT +1 i have enormous fail on the pool Sad

Is it normal, cgminer lost connection to stratum server every 10mins
Activity: 216
Good work terk

lets see how the new servers handle the load and reject rate.
Activity: 45
I'm quoting from websites:

CleverMining: ebruary 19, 2014 partial results after 13 hours: 0.01440 BTC/day per MH/s
Waffle: Feb 19, 2014 (partial) 0.00927438 BTC / 1MH

Well you have to adjust for all the rejects... I have 5 MH - and your pool bounces from 2.8-4.5 in accepted. On other pools like yours I have < 3-5% rejects. So calculating pr MH accepted is giving slight misrepresentation of real returns. With pure LTC mining I have < 2% rejects - so my net rate would be about 4.9 MH.

Right now CM reports my rate (hourly) as 3.25 vs the 5 I have. My miner reports 11% reject +2% stale. That should NOT result in a measured CM rate of 3.25.
Activity: 219
Ethics and Science need to shake hands

Please advise

--

Thanks in advance.

Activity: 48
terk, lots of disconnects so sgminer is auto switching between cm & my backup pool, reject rates are high too. running 4 x r290 lowered xi to 70 still getting about 20% rejects. although cm pays more but with the rejects it's pretty much the same as other pools with less rejects with lower profits.

i know this has been brought up multiple times & you're fixing it. looking forward to see some improvement soon & more servers to handle the load too.

will you be interested to setup a server in asia region ? i have at least 100mbps line unused @ home & can help to host. pm if interested.
good job, if there are some servers in asia region  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
terk, lots of disconnects so sgminer is auto switching between cm & my backup pool, reject rates are high too. running 4 x r290 lowered xi to 70 still getting about 20% rejects. although cm pays more but with the rejects it's pretty much the same as other pools with less rejects with lower profits.

i know this has been brought up multiple times & you're fixing it. looking forward to see some improvement soon & more servers to handle the load too.

will you be interested to setup a server in asia region ? i have at least 100mbps line unused @ home & can help to host. pm if interested.
Activity: 48
hi, do this pool has any pool fee?

It has a small fee which has not been disclosed. All profit averages on the site include fees, so that is the actual amount you will earn.

I actually announced a fixed 2% fee couple of days ago. I might go back to progressive fee idea once I have time to work on it. I need to update the website to reflect recent changes.
thx, I'm now mining in your pool
& I think you should put the pool fee in prominent position of the website.

tengettack,

I'm not sure that fees are really relevant in switching pools, what really matters is what the payout per Mhash is.   After all, you don't go to a store and ask what their markup on a product is before you buy do you?   Just like you go to the store with the best price, use the switching pool with the best payout not the lowest fees.

CryptoSteve

yep, you're right
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Any plans to add EU stratum?
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
I'm setting up more powerful server as I write this. Should be able to switch to it within 1-2 hours. Hostname and IP won't change so you can continue mining, you will just get disconnected and then connect immediately again to the new server.
Jump to: