Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 265. (Read 554387 times)

pjv
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Also seeing disconnects from US and failover to backup pools this morning (US morning). I wonder if the increase in miner numbers / hashrate is stressing the server, or if there might be a (hopefully transient) network issue at the provider?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
I've just switched to this pool, and am seeing lots of disconnects. I'm in Europe, do you not have an EU stratum yet? (I noticed you use AWS so should be easy enough!).
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
I'm sorry for technical issues. I'm working hard on resolving them. Most likely it's a problem with a 3rd party software which is used by my software. I'm working on rewriting some parts of it now.

In the meantime, I hope that our 50% higher profitability than competition makes up for the higher rejected ratio that we're experiencing.

I'm quoting from websites:

CleverMining: ebruary 19, 2014 partial results after 13 hours: 0.01440 BTC/day per MH/s
Waffle: Feb 19, 2014 (partial) 0.00927438 BTC / 1MH
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
1. My rejection Rate is very High bRejected: 83.9 kH/s (13.8%)

2. I am running Sapphire R9 280X. The cgminer show avg 728 KH/s where as on the website 631.7 kH/s 24-hour Average.

3. As per the website  the  BTC per day is 0.01218 BTC/day per MH/s.Based on this calculation the BTC/day for 700 KH/s must be .008526. However i have only 0.00565835 BTC. i e 34% less than pool profitability.

Please advise

Payouts are made when mined coins are matured, sent to exchanges, exchanges to BTC and withdrawn from exchanges. This takes time. Some coins are faster to mature/exchange, other are slower. What you've earned in a given day is usually paid out in parts within this and the next 1-3 days. The same goes for your next day.

Hey guys,

I just started to use your pool since several hours. Like many other peoples I am not happy with the high rejection rate. Is there a way to see my 24h rejected avarage? I did only find the rejected rate for the last hour. This would be helpful to optimize my miner configuration.

Thanks

Not yet. I'll work on user dashboard once I solve more pressing technical issues.

Two things.

1. Reject rates are still around 16% which is not good. Also getting disconnects, which means I'm mining on my backup pool.
2. You currently show the stats for 60 minutes ago, could you please look at showing the last 15 minutes or even real-time. This is how Wafflepool works.

Thanks

You have your hashrate and rejected percentage real-time stats on your user page. Scroll down.
Activity: 11
Rejected: 130.5 kH/s (21.2%)

616.5 kH/s 24-hour Average

on Sapphire R9 280X

Raw KH/s is  738 Kh/s

frequently every few mins Pool 0 stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 not responding!

Anyone from admin can help?
Activity: 34
Activity: 3
Switched to Clevermining yesterday, but seeing lots of disconnects today. At the moment almost every 5 mins. Guessing the pool hardware can't handle the load.

[14:38:23] Lost 3 shares due to stratum disconnect on Clevermining
[14:38:24] Clevermining not responding!

I guess this makes the rejects high as well, up to 52% on one of 8 GPUs. For now I'm switching to waffle.
Activity: 17
Two things.

1. Reject rates are still around 16% which is not good. Also getting disconnects, which means I'm mining on my backup pool.
2. You currently show the stats for 60 minutes ago, could you please look at showing the last 15 minutes or even real-time. This is how Wafflepool works.

Thanks
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
I am not having disconnection problems and live in Italy, close enough to you!

Well my effective pool hashrate has halved due to the pool switching regularly.

is there a failover timeout setting in cgminer (kalroth 3.7.3) i can tweak?
Activity: 117
Merit: 10

i've had a few disconnects from the pool today too.  i've seen it disconnect at least 4 times in the last hour.

im in the UK so perhaps this is a factor. please add me to the list of Euro users waiting for a local node.

I'm in the UK too, and I have Clevermining set up as my primary pool, and an automatic failover pointed at a backup pool. I'm seeing coins coming through from my backup pool, so there must be some disconnects going on.

...and yes, reject rate doesn't appear to be any better than yesterday.

2. I am running Sapphire R9 280X. The cgminer show avg 728 KH/s where as on the website 631.7 kH/s 24-hour Average.

3. As per the website  the  BTC per day is 0.01218 BTC/day per MH/s.Based on this calculation the BTC/day for 700 KH/s must be .008526. However i have only 0.00565835 BTC. i e 34% less than pool profitability.

Please advise

Raw hashrate is 728 kh/s. Rejects are 13.8%. 728 kh/s * (1 - 0.138) = 628 kh/s effective. Pretty much exactly what you're seeing.
And I got the same BTC/MH yesterday. Seemed to be a lower-than-average profitability day.

--

To everyone struggling with very high rejects: You can tweak cgminer to use a lower intensity while still maintaining a high hashrate via the -g 2 parameter. But that will only help if your rejects are actually higher than the pool average. If it's already equal or lower than average, then you don't really need to worry about it because the reject rate is already factored in the profitability calculation, according to Terk.

What is the meaning of the parameter -g?

Number of parallel GPU threads. http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/Cgminer_3.1.1_README.txt

(Edit) Better explanation: http://www.overclock.net/t/1461916/tutorial-ultimate-guide-to-tweaking-amd-cgminer-3-7-2-kalroth-edition-sgminer-instructions-included-aswell-get-the-most-hash-out-of-your-gpu

Why do you think might be related to the fact of lower intensity? I always thought that this parameter was "optional". Thanks
Activity: 216
reject rate has not been sorted on 20% reject rate

Please advise

Raw hashrate is 728 kh/s. Rejects are 13.8%. 728 kh/s * (1 - 0.138) = 628 kh/s effective. Pretty much exactly what you're seeing.
And I got the same BTC/MH yesterday. Seemed to be a lower-than-average profitability day.

--

To everyone struggling with very high rejects: You can tweak cgminer to use a lower intensity while still maintaining a high hashrate via the -g 2 parameter. But that will only help if your rejects are actually higher than the pool average. If it's already equal or lower than average, then you don't really need to worry about it because the reject rate is already factored in the profitability calculation, according to Terk.

What is the meaning of the parameter -g?

Number of parallel GPU threads. http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/Cgminer_3.1.1_README.txt

(Edit) Better explanation: http://www.overclock.net/t/1461916/tutorial-ultimate-guide-to-tweaking-amd-cgminer-3-7-2-kalroth-edition-sgminer-instructions-included-aswell-get-the-most-hash-out-of-your-gpu
Activity: 42
Hey guys,

I just started to use your pool since several hours. Like many other peoples I am not happy with the high rejection rate. Is there a way to see my 24h rejected avarage? I did only find the rejected rate for the last hour. This would be helpful to optimize my miner configuration.

Thanks

Use cgwatcher.

Please advise

--

My Cgminer Settings cgminer.exe --auto-fan --temp-target 82 --temp-overheat 85 -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --thread- concurrency 8192 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20 --temp-cutoff 90 --gpu-fan 80-100

At I 13 there are not HW errors

And also i am getting the following status
Pool 0 stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 not responding!

i've had a few disconnects from the pool today too. i've had Cgminer up in an SSH terminal due to monitoring the Rejects and adjusting my intensity, i've seen it disconnect at least 4 times in the last hour.

im in the UK so perhaps this is a factor. please add me to the list of Euro users waiting for a local node.

I am not having disconnection problems and live in Italy, close enough to you!
Activity: 156
My Cgminer Settings cgminer.exe --auto-fan --temp-target 82 --temp-overheat 85 -I 13 -g 2 -w 256 --thread- concurrency 8192 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1500 --gpu-powertune 20 --temp-cutoff 90 --gpu-fan 80-100

i've had a few disconnects from the pool today too. i've had Cgminer up in an SSH terminal due to monitoring the Rejects and adjusting my intensity, i've seen it disconnect at least 4 times in the last hour.

Activity: 11
I am running it for last 2 days. Why is my profitability 34% less than the pool and is there any settings to be done in CGminer

Yes you can decrease Intensity in order to reduce rejected. I'm doing an experiment to see if this can help as it has been reported by Terk (admin) but I was not yet clear whether it actually works. Here you can find one sheet where I did a comparison (still in progress) between I = 20 and I = 17. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B-_UkIrGZYray8jb4K3Jnwx3JgweBHdaTCxgccgtFio/edit?usp=sharing

Hey guys,

Thanks

+1
Activity: 2
Hey guys,

Thanks
Jump to: