Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 267. (Read 554387 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
If I have 4 rigs, can I use the same BTC address?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Terk: will you be displaying the current coin being mined anywhere or are you going to keep it secret for competitive purposes?
In page 1 or 2 I think he said that he wouldn't for competitive advantage, doesn't bother me so much as long as the algorithms are bringing home the bacon.
Activity: 13
Great Pool! Switched after some time at MC and much prefer it and the "management" Smiley keep it strong you are getting TONS of MH/s leaving other more shady outfits. CleverCoin is about to explode Wink
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I switched over to try this pool out and started getting more rejects/stales than accepted....  using the same settings that were stable on another pool... is that just normal here?

Read the entire thread.
Activity: 14
I switched over to try this pool out and started getting more rejects/stales than accepted....  using the same settings that were stable on another pool... is that just normal here?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Terk: will you be displaying the current coin being mined anywhere or are you going to keep it secret for competitive purposes?
Sig
Activity: 9
Well this took off didn't it? Smiley

3600 MH/s!
Activity: 19
Hey Trek.
 I am liking the pool. I have moved back and forth testing between your site and another. I saw that you are looking at setting up a EU server. That is good news for the EU folks. I can tell you from experience that Latency does matter. But wondering if you will be setting up a East Coast server. If you setup servers on Amazon it would be easy to deploy new servers and extend services to more places. I think this maybe something to look into.

Keep up the good work.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
We are sometimes mining coins that are so fast that they will always result in higher rejected ratio. I make sure we are mining them only if their profitability is so high that it makes up for hashpower wasted on rejected shares, so you shouldn't worry when rejects are temporarily high again - it means it's worth it. Also, reducing intensity in your miners might help when we're mining low difficulty and fast coins (depends on GPU). I hope that our profitability is rewarding you a little bit higher rejected ratio.

I am still investigating if I can do anything more software-wise on my side to reduce rejected percentage regardless of coin type and its speed/difficulty. I have some ideas and will be testing them in my dev environment. Will keep you posted.
Activity: 5
How do payouts work by the way?

It simply states that they occur multiple times daily, but nothing else.

Is there a minumum balance required or does everyone with existing exchanged balance get paid with a payout?

See http://clevermining.com/about

CleverMining in a flash:

Excellent profitability beating other scrypt mining options.
    Auto-switch to the most profitable coin.
    Auto-exchange mined coins to BTC.
    Great and detailed stats and charts in web and mobile.
    Payouts several times per day with 0.01 BTC minimum payout balance.
    Additional weekly payout for small balances (0.001 BTC).
    Highly developed project - more features coming soon.
Activity: 2
How do payouts work by the way?

It simply states that they occur multiple times daily, but nothing else.

Is there a minumum balance required or does everyone with existing exchanged balance get paid with a payout?

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Yeah, the reject rate seems to be back into the double digits.
i-13 = 0-2% rejects (located in eu) i-18 = 13 % rejected.. meh
Activity: 23
Yeah, the reject rate seems to be back into the double digits.
Activity: 24
Why is the reject rate so high (it is not fixed!). Is it the particular coin that is being mined?
Activity: 117
Merit: 10
 Bumping up from 19 to 20 was a change I made a few days ago, so I'll try at 19 and see if that helps at all.

I reduced my intensity by 2 on all cards running more than 18 (20 to 18, 19 to 17, 18 to 16) and that really helped a lot. Was getting ~15%, now averaging ~6-7%, and that was before Terk fiddled with the settings today.

what effect did that have on your KH/s? is the reduced reject rate proportional to the reduced Kh/s? i'd be trying to keep my KH/s as high as possible.

Kh/s was lower of course... but not by a huge amount. My two 7950's were both running at about ~670, now they're running at ~630, and possibly a bit cooler too. So I lost 40 Kh/s, but it halved my reject rate. So I'm happy with that.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
 Bumping up from 19 to 20 was a change I made a few days ago, so I'll try at 19 and see if that helps at all.

I reduced my intensity by 2 on all cards running more than 18 (20 to 18, 19 to 17, 18 to 16) and that really helped a lot. Was getting ~15%, now averaging ~6-7%, and that was before Terk fiddled with the settings today.

what effect did that have on your KH/s? is the reduced reject rate proportional to the reduced Kh/s? i'd be trying to keep my KH/s as high as possible.
Activity: 117

Hate to be the necrohippoflogaphiliac here, but I'm still getting really high rejects (even after the tweaks you did), also my hashrate is all over the place when I know my CGRemote is showing a cool 2.0 MHash.

Please take a look http://www.clevermining.com/users/1M6ZozLvZoRhD6NLhtfcVB2aWcgtZhUG8w\

Ideas?  This is a rig I've mined with for months, and I've never had a high reject rate like this.

Pools "measure" hashrate via shares accepted.  Accepted shares have variance, so your hashrate will flux.  Doesn't appear your reject rate is all that different than the pool's.  What is your avg reject % on cgminer?

Stales at 0.65% (about what I'd expect my total rejects to be)
Rejects 18.75%.

I almost never see my rejects below 10%, and they often spike to 25-30%.

Mind you I've only been mining this pool for about a day, but I'm really trying to give it a good run before making any long-term decisions.  Just want to be sure I'm not bleeding shares.

Edit:  I saw your twitter feed, I'm trying to lower my intensity slightly (as per someone's suggestion on there) to see if that helps.  Bumping up from 19 to 20 was a change I made a few days ago, so I'll try at 19 and see if that helps at all.
Activity: 63
Hate to be the necrohippoflogaphiliac here, but I'm still getting really high rejects (even after the tweaks you did), also my hashrate is all over the place when I know my CGRemote is showing a cool 2.0 MHash.

Please take a look http://www.clevermining.com/users/1M6ZozLvZoRhD6NLhtfcVB2aWcgtZhUG8w\

Ideas?  This is a rig I've mined with for months, and I've never had a high reject rate like this.

Pools "measure" hashrate via shares accepted.  Accepted shares have variance, so your hashrate will flux.  Doesn't appear your reject rate is all that different than the pool's.  What is your avg reject % on cgminer?

Ideas?  This is a rig I've mined with for months, and I've never had a high reject rate like this.
Jump to: