Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 295. (Read 554387 times)

pjv
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Terk,

Whether you're aware of it or not, you show all the indicators of being someone who wishes to prey upon the innocence of your partners -- the very people who provide the mining hardware and electricity to create the hashpower upon which you take your cut.  They are making a significant investment too;  they are entitled to information which helps them to make good decisions as well.  Your marketing skills and salesmanship are right up there with the very best of them, but unfortunately though, your unwillingness to provide any specifics about your fee schedule is major cause for concern, and the pool ends up looking very shady as a result.

Of course I believe that you should be able to fully cover your expenses (some of which are not yet even known), and also fairly compensated for your time and effort, including bonuses for exceptional results.  Operating a multi-coin mining pool is most certainly not a turnkey operation, but you need to be clear about the fees you're taking if you want to earn any credibility and trust.  (And taking is exactly the right verb there -- you are taking if you do not disclose.)

I am not even so concerned about the high end of the rate either.  You can claim "as low as 1% on a bad day" if you've ever collected exactly 1% on any bad day ever in the entire history of your pool.  And what exactly is your definition of a "bad day"?  Is it one in which we earn the same as or less than litecoin?  Or something else?  On exceptionally lucky days, why should you take a much larger percentage if the proceeds if they are mostly a result of luck and not operational efficiencies?  Do you deserve more of the good luck and less of the bad luck?  How is that fair to your miners?

In consideration of the higher end range of your fees, a subject with you have completely avoided discussing, likely because you recognize how much easier it is to siphon off a much larger cut when everyone is feeling good about their earnings for the day and less motivated to look more closely than on a bad day, why don't you offer 0% fees for days in which we fall below that "bad day" standard -- such as the days on which your pool results fall below litecoin due to technical failures?  Where is your skin in the game?

As for your opacity in choosing not to discuss which coins you choose to mine... Absolutely everyone mining can determine with near absolute certainty which coin they are currently mining by reading the Network "Diff" value from the Block line on their cgminer stats, divide it by 65536 (a scrypt constant), and match the result to the list of coin difficulties on coinwarz or coinchoose (without having to run all the various wallets themselves).  THERE ARE NO SECRETS HERE!  And it's hardly difficult to imagine efficient profitability optimizing coin switching algorithms.  We simply don't want to do it ourselves, as it is more efficient to contract out to the best service provider.  That is your opportunity.  Don't squander it by being opaque and greedy.

So now one of your cats is out of the bag.  How about you be upfront about your fees now too?  No one here is saying they have to be set in stone, and you can change them as necessary going forward.  And if any particular miners don't agree with them, they can vote with their feet and go to another multi-coin pool.  (Of which there will soon be many!)  Will your pool survive against the increased competition?  Stop being clever and start being smart.

wow, i don't get this at all.

the guy is throwing out a pool and inviting people to participate. it couldn't be much easier to try it out, compare your results against other pools, and then decide whether it is better or worse for you to mine on his pool. there is nothing remotely opaque about your own results in your own wallet.

the way i look at the amount of investment of time in server admin, coding, design, troubleshooting, beta testing, responding to people here, etc. that @Terk has put into this, it makes me feel confident that he wants to create something that is worthwhile. As you say, there are no secrets here, and the specific "no secret" that will be plain and obvious to all is, entirely regardless of whatever fees he charges and whatever coins he mines and whatever else he might be doing that either directly or indirectly affects how the pool works, if you mine on his pool and are more profitable than you are with other pools, then it is rational for you to stay, and if less profitable, then it is rational for you to leave.

i guess i just don't see where / how in that equation it is possible for him to be ripping you off or in any way taking advantage of you. if it feels shady to you, probably a good idea not to mine there.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Terk,

Whether you're aware of it or not, you show all the indicators of being someone who wishes to prey upon the innocence of your partners -- the very people who provide the mining hardware and electricity to create the hashpower upon which you take your cut.  They are making a significant investment too;  they are entitled to information which helps them to make good decisions as well.  Your marketing skills and salesmanship are right up there with the very best of them, but unfortunately though, your unwillingness to provide any specifics about your fee schedule is major cause for concern, and the pool ends up looking very shady as a result.

Of course I believe that you should be able to fully cover your expenses (some of which are not yet even known), and also fairly compensated for your time and effort, including bonuses for exceptional results.  Operating a multi-coin mining pool is most certainly not a turnkey operation, but you need to be clear about the fees you're taking if you want to earn any credibility and trust.  (And taking is exactly the right verb there -- you are taking if you do not disclose.)

I am not even so concerned about the high end of the rate either.  You can claim "as low as 1% on a bad day" if you've ever collected exactly 1% on any bad day ever in the entire history of your pool.  And what exactly is your definition of a "bad day"?  Is it one in which we earn the same as or less than litecoin?  Or something else?  On exceptionally lucky days, why should you take a much larger percentage of the proceeds if they are mostly a result of luck and not operational efficiencies?  Do you deserve more of the good luck and less of the bad luck?  How is that fair to your miners?

In consideration of the higher end range of your fees, a subject with you have completely avoided discussing, likely because you recognize how much easier it is to siphon off a much larger cut when everyone is feeling good about their earnings for the day and less motivated to look more closely than on a bad day, why don't you offer 0% fees for days in which we fall below that "bad day" standard -- such as the days on which your pool results fall below litecoin due to technical failures?  Where is your skin in the game?

As for your opacity in choosing not to discuss which coins you choose to mine... Absolutely everyone mining can determine with near absolute certainty which coin they are currently mining by reading the Network "Diff" value from the Block line on their cgminer stats, divide it by 65536 (a scrypt constant), and match the result to the list of coin difficulties on coinwarz or coinchoose (without having to run all the various wallets themselves).  THERE ARE NO SECRETS HERE!  And it's hardly difficult to imagine efficient profitability optimizing coin switching algorithms.  We simply don't want to do it ourselves, as it is more efficient to contract out to the best service provider.  That is your opportunity.  Don't squander it by being opaque and greedy.

So now one of your cats is out of the bag.  How about you be upfront about your fees now too?  No one here is saying they have to be set in stone, and you can change them as necessary going forward.  And if any particular miners don't agree with them, they can vote with their feet and go to another multi-coin pool.  (Of which there will soon be many!)  Will your pool survive against the increased competition?  Stop being clever and start being smart.
Activity: 42
looks like a great pool. i will try this. it is better if we could see the coin we are currently mining. Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I noticed while watching the mining some of the rejects are duplicate shares. What does this mean?

THIS,

Some rejects are in the form of : " tralalalala stratum disconnect tralalala" tralala is something I dont remember, I am not at home so if someone could  clarify for Terk it would be great.

Generally my reject from other pool are of  " job not found" , not sure if this matter but I think is worth to look upon

I am goingo to try --queue setup. I noticed tha sometimes Cgwatcher report something like 98% accepted shares and 5% rejected, what does that means? Can a share be both accepted an rejected?

I'll look into duplicate shares issue. My best guess at the moment is this happens when we switch from coin A to coin B and then back to coin A and there is no new work to solve for coin A. Miner is then send the same work as before and sends the same solution. I believe this is a very minor issue as number of such shares is very tiny in the database. But I'll experiment with lowering merkle update time to make it better.

Job not found is the most common rejection reason. It means that there was a new network block and the pool sent a new work to solve more or less at the same time when the miner sent a share for previous block (which was already solved). When the share was received by the pool it was no longer valid and therefore the message is “job not found” - all old jobs are deleted from pool memory when a new block is found.

Share cannot be both accepted and rejected. There must be something wrong with your cgminer stats.

I am getting other rejects "share is above target" never seen this one before as well as the duplicate shares
Activity: 588
Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!
Looks awesome. Imma start mining there with my 750kh/s rig. LOVE the bitcoin payout because Bitcoin is stable and worth something.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Rejects from out of europe building up, 3 hours mining 70 rejects
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Nice Pool! Smiley
I joined!
+5.5Mh/s
Activity: 56
Terk the other reject error i get, which is new to me, is : " rejected untracked stratum share from pool 0"

Wink
job not fund rejected shares are fine, I dont know if there is anything0 you can do to improve , but I hope there are ways to minimize the others rejects

Keep up the good work. I am finding no correlation on changin expiry , scan time and queue with lower rejecte rates. I am leaving the way they are as of now though.

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Rejected rate is going down now, had 7% yesterday, have 4% today.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
I noticed while watching the mining some of the rejects are duplicate shares. What does this mean?

THIS,

Some rejects are in the form of : " tralalalala stratum disconnect tralalala" tralala is something I dont remember, I am not at home so if someone could  clarify for Terk it would be great.

Generally my reject from other pool are of  " job not found" , not sure if this matter but I think is worth to look upon

I am goingo to try --queue setup. I noticed tha sometimes Cgwatcher report something like 98% accepted shares and 5% rejected, what does that means? Can a share be both accepted an rejected?

I'll look into duplicate shares issue. My best guess at the moment is this happens when we switch from coin A to coin B and then back to coin A and there is no new work to solve for coin A. Miner is then send the same work as before and sends the same solution. I believe this is a very minor issue as number of such shares is very tiny in the database. But I'll experiment with lowering merkle update time to make it better.

Job not found is the most common rejection reason. It means that there was a new network block and the pool sent a new work to solve more or less at the same time when the miner sent a share for previous block (which was already solved). When the share was received by the pool it was no longer valid and therefore the message is “job not found” - all old jobs are deleted from pool memory when a new block is found.

Share cannot be both accepted and rejected. There must be something wrong with your cgminer stats.
Activity: 56

THIS,

I am from near Rotterdam, The Netherlands,

Cgwatcher reports 2.26% rejects 0,21% stale
Cgminer 186362 accepted and 3380 rejected

"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "1",
"failover-only" : true,
"log" : "5",
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "5",
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205
Disconnecting again.. Sad
Rejects gone up to 8 again :/ can't think of anything else to try my side to lower them. If I lower intensity anymore it will drop hash to much and won't be worth it.
Activity: 24
I have been mining for 6 hours with 3 miners, rejected + stales stabilized at about 5%.I think there are some time-frames that this appears to be higher or lower, but the overall reject rate, according to cgremote is that, which I think it is fine...Could be better but it is a good start

I didnt lower intensity because I am using r9 280x at I-13 but I added --scan-time 1 and --expiry 1

I feel that queue-0 helped my reject rate as well, but I didn't test this very long.  I'm happy with scan 1, exp 1, queue 0 and 3 percent rejects. 
I tryed scan 1, exp 1 and queue 0 with a rig of 5xr9 290 and had a lot more rejects... round about 17%
Going back to 60, 120 and 1

With the above settings the stales come in

where are you from? I'm from Germany and for the time I'm not satisfied with the rejects. http://www.clevermining.com/users/115k6SCfEeYEbWQkdcMCTmqddiZ1dPZKTp

14,4%  Embarrassed

3% sounds like a dream.

Will mining at Clevermining over the weekend and hope they can fix the problem. Maybe Fee's can be lowered until the problem is fixed.

I have been mining for 6 hours with 3 miners, rejected + stales stabilized at about 5%.I think there are some time-frames that this appears to be higher or lower, but the overall reject rate, according to cgremote is that, which I think it is fine...Could be better but it is a good start

I didnt lower intensity because I am using r9 280x at I-13 but I added --scan-time 1 and --expiry 1

I feel that queue-0 helped my reject rate as well, but I didn't test this very long.  I'm happy with scan 1, exp 1, queue 0 and 3 percent rejects. 
I tryed scan 1, exp 1 and queue 0 with a rig of 5xr9 290 and had a lot more rejects... round about 17%

With the above settings the stales come in
Activity: 24

Activity: 248
Merit: 250
Sounds good!
We have about 10mh/s and we would love to move to a place with smaller fees.
However we are in EU so US server will most likely have too many rejects.
So we'd wait for and EU server.
Meanwhile we have opened a thread to our board and will be discussing our tests with CleverMining there : http://cointradertalk.org//index.php/topic,40.0.html
Activity: 2
too much rejects... back to middlecoin
Jump to: