Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 297. (Read 554387 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
How often are the individual stats updated? every 5min or what?
Activity: 462
Merit: 500
Extra site! Cogratulations!
Are you have server in eu?
i have a ping us.clevermining.com : 8039 ms (packet loss 100 %)  & www.clevermining.com 21.7 ms

Thanks. The server is in the US.

us.clevermining.com doesn't respond to pings so its worthless to try to ping it and that's why you get 100% loss.

Great looking site, well done!

Any particular reason ping reply is disabled ? I'm in the UK and would like to get an idea of latency issues before I start playing.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Any plans on adding EU servers? Smiley
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Thought would give it another test again. Still seems high reject rate 8% ish. What is the problem? On middle coin its been 3%ish. Are you working to fix this?
Activity: 84
Testing with 3MH for the next 24 hours, lets see what Clever can bring, sick of probs by Middlecoin
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912
The Concierge of Crypto
Hi Mr. Terk, do you have other servers in other countries? I'm located in the Philippines, Asia. I tried looking for a list of your stratum servers and I could only tell that you have us.clevermining.com. Thanks.
Activity: 224
I am skeptical of the profitability ratings as it seems the only coin that comes remotely close to satisfying that profitability rating is DOGE. If it's legit, bravo.

Of course it's legit. There are ongoing payouts to users based on these numbers.

I agree that the only coin that has similar average long-term profitability is DOGE. But the whole point of coin-switching pool is to pick up a coin that only temporarily has good profitability and then switch to another coin that suddenly started being profitable. This is what this pool does.

Actually we're not even mining DOGE at all. We have too little hashpower for this. All these results come from other coins than DOGE. I really hope that we'll grow quickly to a point where we could start including DOGE as well.

Is your BTC/MH calculated on accepted share megahash or accepted + rejected share hash rate?
Activity: 56
Just to add, I am hanging at #cleavermining at freenode, so if anyone want to come by Smiley
Activity: 79
Hey hey, pointing 2.5MH/s at it for a test for probably a full 72 hours. If everything checks out I'll point all of the rig at it and move my friends over as well. The site looks great and the fast response to issues and questions is a massive plus for me. Nice work Terk!
Activity: 26
I totally hear you. I guess "paid plus pending" or something along those lines gets too wordy, but yeah.. I get it: that's what the word total means. I just feel more like "total" implies TOTALLY paid. Not trying to nitpick, the site looks great, and it's obvious you're worked hard on it.

Like I said, once I understood the idea, I could disregard the other column.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
I found that the green total already counts the expected as well. This isn't terrible, the wording is a bit funky, though... now I would know to just look at the "total profits" figure alone. Yes, semantics can be argued. Whatever. I'm just reporting on what I saw, and how I was excited for a sec, then let down.

Yes, total = paid out + expected. If the wording is confusing I am open for suggestions on what to change here.

One other thing that made me say "hmm": http://www.clevermining.com/users/page/4  <<< who the hell are these people clogging up the bottom of the charts? laptops? people who mined for 37 seconds? testing data?

Now this is working the way I described before when referring to individual user stats. It takes sum of shares sent by an user within the last 24 hours and divides by 24. Most 8 kH/s users are actually people with 200 kH/s who mined for just an hour.
24 hours average does not compute like you said Terk.

I am mining at 18MEFUcfHiQdEDMe3GKfW16FTAFhX6WhBA for 4 hours at maximum and i got a 4.7 average(5.2 last hour). The way I thinks it handles average is by only using the 1 hours time frames that the user submited shares. So for example: If i mined from 00:00  to 01:30, the program will get my medium hashrate from 00:00-01:00 + my medium hashrate from 01:00-02:00 and divides by two, as I didnt mine past 01:30 I will see a lower number than expected.

I am still tweaking the miner..

Ahh, you're right. It was working like I described before, but I changed it to include only hours with any hashrate from user. I just forgot that I changed this, sorry. I am hardly sleeping last days.
Activity: 26
I ran with it for one full day, still having no idea how the fees work, but figured I'd report back.

I push around 8 MH, but had some ups and downs:

https://i.imgur.com/k7jcG3y.png

One thing I LOVE is the stats breakdown, and general feel of the UI. Terk has done a great job on this.

That said, one thing that was unclear to me was the profit breakdown. Looking at the above image, I assumed my total "IN POCKET" was .09227644, and that I still had 0.04031886 coming to me. This was great, as I assumed I would break .13 in a day! It wouldn't be unheard of, but seemed like it was a bit above what I was getting at my current pool.

However, after looking closer at my deposits:

https://i.imgur.com/ehR8i7V.png

I found that the green total already counts the expected as well. This isn't terrible, the wording is a bit funky, though... now I would know to just look at the "total profits" figure alone. Yes, semantics can be argued. Whatever. I'm just reporting on what I saw, and how I was excited for a sec, then let down.

If I didn't love the folks over at TradeMyBit so much, I could see myself sticking with Terk here. I will definitely put him down as my failover, at the very least, and keep my eye on them as their hash (and my own) grows.

One other thing that made me say "hmm": http://www.clevermining.com/users/page/4  <<< who the hell are these people clogging up the bottom of the charts? laptops? people who mined for 37 seconds? testing data?
24 hours average does not compute like you said Terk.

I am mining at 18MEFUcfHiQdEDMe3GKfW16FTAFhX6WhBA for 4 hours at maximum and i got a 4.7 average(5.2 last hour). The way I thinks it handles average is by only using the 1 hours time frames that the user submited shares. So for example: If i mined from 00:00  to 01:30, the program will get my medium hashrate from 00:00-01:00 + my medium hashrate from 01:00-02:00 and divides by two, as I didnt mine past 01:30 I will see a lower number than expected.

I am still tweaking the miner..
Activity: 15
Yes I have had 24hrs of stable (relatively speaking) runtime.  At least no failovers that I know of.

Looking at the chart, my hashrate seems to jump quite a bit hour to hour which simply doesn't make sense to me.  The reported reject rates on the page is only for the last hour (I do believe, correct me if wrong) so I can't really know if I'm having massively greater rejects during the times reported.  I'm seeing what looks like 1.25-1.75 rates over the last 24hrs which is a significant variance.

My overall 24hr rate is reported as 1.5Mh

Thank you guys for brainstorming optimal miner settings. This is not really my area of expertise but sharing your experiences will help you all to setup your miners the best way.

Neither your "hash rate" or my rejects seems to exactly match cgminer's output (consistently shows > 1.7Mh yet you show my 24hr average at 1.5Mh/s).

Please remember that 24h average takes summary data from the last 24 hours and divides by 24. So if haven't been mining the full 24 hours, it will show less. For example if you have 2 MH/s and you've been mining for 12 hours, the 24 hour average will show 1 MH/s as it's 12h*2MHs + 12h*0MHs = 1MH/s average.

On your user page you have a 24-hour hashrate chart (you need to switch the tab to it) and you can check the data from there.

Regarding doge: at its current difficulty I'd like to have at least 2 GH/s and preferably 4 GH/s to start mining it.
Ow, lol sorry Smiley anyway doge block is 1 minutes, if we had 1 gh/s we would need, in average, 80 minutes to get 1 block. I am not sure how often we switch coins but I think it is in the basis of 2-4 or more switchs per hour. I think 10 gh/s would be a decent number for mining doge, this is just my opinion throw out of the blue , without any proper calculations.
Activity: 22
We dont have enought power for Doge because we don't mine in other people pool's. according to this site http://bitinfocharts.com/dogecoin/ dogecoin Netwrok hashrate is about 80 000 Ghs, even if we had 1 ghs we would still be aprox 1/80 000 of the network power which wouldnt be enought do generate a new block consistently in the timeframe of coin switchs.

That is a decimal. It is 89.805 GH/s at the moment, not 89 thousand. Cheesy
I agree that the only coin that has similar average long-term profitability is DOGE. But the whole point of coin-switching pool is to pick up a coin that only temporarily has good profitability and then switch to another coin that suddenly started being profitable. This is what this pool does.

Actually we're not even mining DOGE at all. We have too little hashpower for this. All these results come from other coins than DOGE. I really hope that we'll grow quickly to a point where we could start including DOGE as well.

Can you explain more on this as it seems with 375Mh/s you do have considerable power.

Another related topic; It would be nice if you could have a section on your site that gives more details on what users are contributing.  I've been trying to figure out how different changes are affecting my rejects.  I"ve had up to 15% that I've seen and as low as 5.8%.  The average of my observations seems to be about 9.8%.  Neither your "hash rate" or my rejects seems to exactly match cgminer's output (consistently shows > 1.7Mh yet you show my 24hr average at 1.5Mh/s).  Since clearly some coins are more profitable than others and switches come w/o warning I am finding it very difficult to tweak for reductions.

If you (or anyone else) has suggestions on optimizing, I'm willing to try any reasonable thing.

We dont have enought power for Doge because we don't mine in other people pool's. according to this site http://bitinfocharts.com/dogecoin/ dogecoin Netwrok hashrate is about 80 000 Ghs, even if we had 1 ghs we would still be aprox 1/80 000 of the network power which wouldnt be enought do generate a new block consistently in the timeframe of coin switchs.

I added --scan-time 1 and --expiry 1 . I am not sure if it was this change or a server tweak but my rejects decreased. I am having the same variance in reject as you. The latest trick I found, that I am still analizyng if it works, is to boot the miner, wait 15 minutes, if the reject rate is to high I reboot it, if not I let it be.Repeat process.As of now, I got 3 miners with about 40 minutes of mining with 0% 2,5% and 3% of rejected + stales.
Activity: 78
At what network hashrate will you enable doge?
Jump to: