Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 77. (Read 554380 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Did you add SilkCoin (SC) ?

Terk won't disclose what coins we are mining. Also, SilkCoin's POW phase has ended, so it's impossible to add it now.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Did you add SilkCoin (SC) ?
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Sorry if this is a newb question but, payout was done but didn't go into my wallet.  This is what it says in the Payout Section:

June 10, 2014 1:30am   0.03084532        prepared-dd4a96b6-9449-44cc-94c8-9cdc0861a487

Clicked on it and it says "Invalid Transaction Hash" at Blockchain.info.  What happened?

Everything okay now

Preparing payout took a bit longer than usual and the website cache caught it in the middle of the process. This is basically how internal payout ID looks like while it's being prepared (while amounts to sent to 1000 of users are calculated and transaction is being prepared) and before it's actually sent to Bitcoin network. It was replaced with a real transaction id after it was sent shortly after that, so at this moment it shows:

June 10, 2014 1:30am   0.03084532        c1e8f77f5920bf9c1386c5a46ebeba14580cd6848eca762f528384b4864dc97b

and you will see transaction details when you click on the link leading to blockchain.info.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Sorry if this is a newb question but, payout was done but didn't go into my wallet.  This is what it says in the Payout Section:

June 10, 2014 1:30am   0.03084532        prepared-dd4a96b6-9449-44cc-94c8-9cdc0861a487

Clicked on it and it says "Invalid Transaction Hash" at Blockchain.info.  What happened?

Everything okay now
Activity: 21

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
cgladue, Unless you can show that your method is automated and ready for public use, your facts are of no use.  

my methods of calculating profitability are the same regardless of the rediness of my software for the public (which i am not concerned with as im not selling it or giving it out, it works very well for me) if you choose to ignore what i say then thats your business i have no stake in nor do i care if you believe me it dosnt make me any more money either way.

I have a proprietary algorithm that makes a lot more money than yours. Subsequently yours is shit. And I don't care if you believe me or not.
Activity: 826
cgladue, Unless you can show that your method is automated and ready for public use, your facts are of no use.  

my methods of calculating profitability are the same regardless of the rediness of my software for the public (which i am not concerned with as im not selling it or giving it out, it works very well for me) if you choose to ignore what i say then thats your business i have no stake in nor do i care if you believe me it dosnt make me any more money either way.

Props to you for developing proprietary code, but it's like comparing apples to oranges.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10

Activity: 1
Hi, pardon this post if it belongs in a different forum, but all signs point to CleverMining as the pool to use, so that's where I've been testing as I get started with this whole mining thing.

I'm just curious how the worker concept plays out.  If I have a bunch of small workers, each at 1MH/sec and connect them all with the same address, do they all get lumped together in my contribution/payout?  For instance, if I can build 1000 1MH/sec workers and point them all at the pool would that be the same as having a single 1GH/sec miner?  Would the low hash rate be an issue or does the pool take into consideration all of the workers for the same address?  I'm thinking of looking at it in more of a horizontal scaling (more small workers) versus a vertical scale (build bigger workers) approach.

I'm sure these are newbie questions so I appreciate the help and guidance, looking forward to building some cool stuff as I continue to tinker with this stuff.

Thanks!
Activity: 9
Websites down again for me. This is getting a little bit annoying, still submitting shares ok though. LTC rabbit run a referral program, hence people pushing it all over here and reddit.
Activity: 252
Whats with unexchanged building up again, also no hash rate is showing on the front end but miners are still receiving and sending accepted work.
Activity: 826
so for the last 24 hours they're at 87% LTC profitability - which is why I'm glad I mine LTC at ltcrabbit.com

Smiley

Well, you shouldn't be. When was the last time you checked ltcrabbit's (or any other pool) straight LTC actual profitability?

Explaination: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7155326
When you're mining at CleverMining, part of your hashrate goes to mining LTC and part of your hashrate goes to mining other coins (because not always there are other coins more profitable than LTC). That LTC part will generate ~98% in the long term just as if you were mining on a straight LTC pool. That other-coins part will generate >98% in the long term. The combined and final result is our 106% LTC profitability over the last 30 days compared to ~98% which you can expect at a straight LTC pool, so it's 8% better. And this is your reason to stay at CleverMining.

id have to disagree with you terk, if this is the case then your mix of coins is not adequate for the users you support and you are doing them a disservice...  i have written my own coin-switching software that i use for my personal use and never once EVER has the profitability of LTC been the best.  Perhaps this is because your just too big to mine these smaller more profitable coins, in which case i can think of several ways to take advantage of them and increase the profitability of your users, or you just dont keep up to date on coin launches and/or new exchanges that offer better prices...

This was a shortcut to don't get into too much confusing details. We split hashrate among several coins, but some small coins can only accommodate very little hashrate. If we have 20 GH/s and we put 1 GH/s into coin A, 2 GH/s into coin B and 5 GH/s into coin C, then we still have 12 GH/s which we need to put into LTC if it's the fourth most profitable coin. So perhaps I should write “because not always there are other coins more profitable than LTC and which can take all of our hashrate”.
Exchanging and accounting scripts had some hiccup yesterday and only part of yesterday's coins was marked as exchanged before the payout. All of this will be paid along with today's payout.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
you folks should take a look at:

http://poolpicker.eu/

what you see is that it's pretty darn tough to beat straight LTC mining.

Smiley
Activity: 252
Hi i just went inside clever mining through google. I want to know what are all the coins present in the pool and how you are automatically exchange to Bitcoins. In the homepage its shows LTC profitability. Its confusing for me to proceed further.. Can u please explain clearly?. Am just to new to this. I have more miners that I want to point towards the Pool.

I think I can explain it. Clevermining mines the current most profitable coin and automatically converts the rewards (of the mining) to BTC (Bitcoin). It has its own way to choose which coin is the most profitable, but you can check for example http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency to see which coin is the most profitable currently.

The homepage does indeed shows the LTC profitability. If for example you read "120% LTC Profitabilty", this means that you've earned 20% more BTC than you would earn if you would directly mine LTC and sell them for BTC. 100% LTC profitability means that you've earned the exact same amount of BTC as you would as you had mined LTC (and directly sold it for BTC).

you know what is kinda confusing for me though, if u back date a calculator so that is uses the actual difficulty increase of lightcoin and run it to present the actual payout is exactly the same as if only ltc was mined.... how is that possible? wouldnt it be over from the times that more profitable coins were used?
Activity: 266
so for the last 24 hours they're at 87% LTC profitability - which is why I'm glad I mine LTC at ltcrabbit.com

Smiley
Hi i just went inside clever mining through google. I want to know what are all the coins present in the pool and how you are automatically exchange to Bitcoins. In the homepage its shows LTC profitability. Its confusing for me to proceed further.. Can u please explain clearly?. Am just to new to this. I have more miners that I want to point towards the Pool.

I think I can explain it. Clevermining mines the current most profitable coin and automatically converts the rewards (of the mining) to BTC (Bitcoin). It has its own way to choose which coin is the most profitable, but you can check for example http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency to see which coin is the most profitable currently.

The homepage does indeed shows the LTC profitability. If for example you read "120% LTC Profitabilty", this means that you've earned 20% more BTC than you would earn if you would directly mine LTC and sell them for BTC. 100% LTC profitability means that you've earned the exact same amount of BTC as you would as you had mined LTC (and directly sold it for BTC).

lol coinwarz.com is the morgue of the cryptocurrency world ... if you are basing your profitability decisions on that website your already behind the eightball. 

But if you dont have any other way of making your decision, at least then realize that your profitability could be MUCH better once you can calculate your own profitability numbers on your own.
90% LTC profitability? Can anyone explain why one should stay with this pool and not straight mine LTC currently? No flaming, thanks!

Because LTC pools also have days with as low as 50-70% LTC profitability. You don't ever get straight 100.00000000%, ever. There's always some bad or good luck.

Most single-coin pools simply don't show such stats. But some of them do. Just an example from straight BTC pool stats: https://www.btcguild.com/index.php?page=pplns - at the very bottom of the page they show their results over several time spans which are (at the moment when I write this):

24H: 74.669%
3D: 93.416%
1W: 96.422%
2W: 95.940%
1M: 95.391%
3M: 89.551%
All Time: 98.219%

This shows that 75% day is perfectly normal even for a large pool which has 10-15% of total network hashrate.

In the long term mining straight LTC will give 98-99% LTC profitability (it won't be 100% because of orphans, etc). There will be days with 70% and days with 130%, but in the long term it will be just slightly below 100%, like 98-99%.

When you're mining at CleverMining, part of your hashrate goes to mining LTC and part of your hashrate goes to mining other coins (because not always there are other coins more profitable than LTC). That LTC part will generate ~98% in the long term just as if you were mining on a straight LTC pool. That other-coins part will generate >98% in the long term. The combined and final result is our 106% LTC profitability over the last 30 days compared to ~98% which you can expect at a straight LTC pool, so it's 8% better. And this is your reason to stay at CleverMining.

id have to disagree with you terk, if this is the case then your mix of coins is not adequate for the users you support and you are doing them a disservice...  i have written my own coin-switching software that i use for my personal use and never once EVER has the profitability of LTC been the best.  Perhaps this is because your just too big to mine these smaller more profitable coins, in which case i can think of several ways to take advantage of them and increase the profitability of your users, or you just dont keep up to date on coin launches and/or new exchanges that offer better prices...

Pages:
Jump to: