Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 351. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
Here, it all took place in this thread, where the skype screen shots were first leaked: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-blocknet-the-metcalfprom-alt-coin-cartel-scam-exposed-841223

Prometheus' admission that the skype conversation took place immediately after it was posted on BCT last night:

All that over nothing but a conversation between 2 teams about working together on the project that has now become the blocknet.. we're still going to work our ass off on it, it's a shame SDC isn't here with us.

Or.. i legitimately wanted SDC as part of the blocknet.. I paid dan for some work (he has to eat and feed his family too you know) and these guys are fudding.. because it's crypto.. you can take your tin hats off, invest a few bucks into blocknet because it's a real project with real devs and real money backing it.

Prometheus' admission that he is a pumper (same thread):

I love that i'm at least a "notorious" pumper. As if thats anything to complain about. Everyone loves a good pump. Pumps are why were all here anyway.

Prometheus' admission that "Dan took the code (HAL) to the next level" (same thread):

The code for the HAL anon was done and complete, Dan took it to the next level with a few suggestions. He reviewed not just the anon code, but the code of the coin in it's entirety.

And lastly, Prometheus' claim that he paid Dan for some tech, as well as a code review (contrary to Dan's claims that he did not receive any payment from Prom for anything):

yea and he works for xc, fibre, nhz, librex, Util, Xcash, Apex and more! He's a collaborative dev and a freelancer. I did indeed pay Dan for some tech, as well as payed him for a code review... A code review SDC wanted as well. You try to shine this as if i'm some kind of villain. I don't deny that Dan has done some work on projects i've been a part of. I still don't see how any of this makes blocknet an elaborate scam.. It's a legitimate project and we will succeed.

as I stated before I answered all these questions, no i did not develop hal, no i did not develop for uitl, blocknet was my idea/formulation alone thus no p&d groups involved in it setup, the coins were chosen based specific tech they bring to the table, and other coins requested access,  no prom was not involved in coin selection, all the information about the code reviews was public at the time they happened, no prom has never funded me in any way, the code reviews are not outsource as I've been programming for 35 years

Dan Metcalf

So which is it?  I am hearing two different stories here.  To continue working with Prometheus and his scam coins in light of EVERYTHING he has said (including the Skype screenshots) will bury BlockNET, XC, and Dan.  

Either call out Prometheus now, and remove him and his coin/s from BlockNET, or let it all die.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Longenecker, please do as I suggest and create a thread that establishes unequivocally that:

- Utility is involved with Prometheus in an unethical way

- Prometheus is a scammer/bad person

I want to know. I'm as interested in the truth as anyone else.

But I am not interested in entertaining any old unverifiable trash thrown up on the internet.

Please do this and report back on this thread. I am offering you my full willingness to participate.

Activity: 226
Last time I checked there was no good reason to believe Prometheus's words.

Let's do this in future. Next time someone wants to discuss something related to this FUD:

- Create a thread and unequivocally show the truth of something.

- Invite us to review it.

- Once there is consensus on that thread (involving me), then the claim in question can move from being FUD from being a claim of addressing.

For now, read my statement at the end of the XC thread and take to heart what responding to baseless claims does.

The point is NOT whether or not Prometheus words are credible.  The point is he said it and ADMITTED to saying it.  Let's even assume that his words are not credible, which means he is LYING about his relationship with Dan, thus slandering Dan's name and projects.  

Why does XC & BlockNET think that this is acceptable behavior from a coin in the BlockNET?  The fact is that Prometheus' words, true or not, have completely hindered the credibility of Dan and BlockNET, yet you have taken no action to distance yourselves from Prometheus or UtilityCoin (which at the moment, offer no positive benefit to BlockNET).

I don't understand why you delete posts like this that ask hard questions?  This is fundamental information that must be made public knowledge if you expect anyone to invest in BlockNET after today's FUD shitstorm.
legendary
Last time I checked there was no good reason to believe Prometheus's words.

Let's do this in future. Next time someone wants to discuss something related to this FUD:

- Create a thread and unequivocally show the truth of something.

- Invite us to review it.

- Once there is consensus on that thread (involving me), then the claim in question can move from being FUD from being a claim worthy of addressing.

For now, read my statement at the end of the XC thread and take to heart what responding to baseless claims does. Don't get sucked in by FUD! It makes you perpetrate it.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I think they should refund all funds, shit already hit the fan, everybody knows what happens when ICO ends at Bittrex.
Activity: 150
Do not respond to or discuss unverifiable FUD claims here.

Doing so only perpetrates more FUD, even (and especially) if you defend against it.

Unverifiable = ignore.

Moving on...

You are beginning to sound like the white House press secretary during the deepening days of Watergate.
legendary
Do not respond to or discuss unverifiable FUD claims here.

Doing so only perpetrates more FUD, even (and especially) if you defend against it.

Unverifiable = ignore.

Moving on...
Activity: 324
BlockNet is going to be free and open source to enable ANY coin to implement it.

Banning it is a NON-sense so to speak

I agree tho that they might be excluded from having their say in how the funds should be administrated.
legendary
Ok, that's all for now folks.

Enough talk about FUD.

Appearing to defend against it only validates whatever you respond to, and propagates more FUD.

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Public identity is not "proof" against wrongdoing, it's an incentive to not engage in wrongdoing.

I do not believe that it's been presented as proof anywhere.

I'm going to try to put this in a way you don't have to delete it.

I was just pointing out that one of the other guys associated with something I'm aware of.  You would have thought he would have had that incentive as well when in reality he actually used his public face to perpetuate his apparent scam.  So in this case it strikes me as laughable that that's used as evidence.

Incentive /= evidence, and neither is Arlyn stating such.

legendary
Public identity is not "proof" against wrongdoing, it's an incentive to not engage in wrongdoing.

I do not believe that it's been presented as proof anywhere.

legendary
Are there any news how much BTCs are  allready is inversted in Block?

I intended to release this information this morning, but today has been a maelstrom of FUD-related nonsense and unfortunately it has delayed the release.

We'll be releasing figures as soon as we can.

(Sales are decent though. Not super high, not low.)

Edit: Just wait until we release proof of concept code and details on the escrow of funds. :-)
legendary
Apologies for deleting your post rkndlkji, but I consider this matter resolved and thus it has no further place in this thread.

Feel free to read this post if you're interested in my reason why: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9395895
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Are there any news how much BTCs are  allready is inversted in Block?
legendary
So when is Dan going to comment on all of the claims made against him?

Use your brains.
Will a supposed scammer go public like this?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9394978

I consider this matter resolved, for the reasons given in this link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9395895.

I don't think any further discussion on it is required here.

So let's move on.

Activity: 280
NOT FUD! FACTS!

Use your brains.
Will a supposed scammer go public like this?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9394978

legendary
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
legendary

Yes, you're right, and all spending will be recorded on the blockchain. No question of that.

On the other hand it could make sense in terms of the privacy of devs for, say, coins to be taken from the funds in larger batches allocated to, say, a given release. From there, payments to individuals could be kept private, while the amount used for a given release will still be publicly disclosed.

How does that sound?

Hmm, If that's done, it should be accompanied by a public list of expenditures that +- shows what percentages of the budget were spend on what. 'Dev pay' could be one category, but if there is a 'champaign and caviar for the devs' section, we wanna see that as a separate category! Smiley
I have no problems with you guys earning a comfortable living, but with $1000000 laying around it's just too easy to say 'fuck it, lets earn more money per month and do less work' if there is no public oversight.
And i'm playing devils advocate here because a nontransparent financial policy will completely wreck and destroy the reputation of blocknet, the coins involved and every single dev working on them. It's in your own interest to be completely honest and transparent about everything that happens. And being honest is more than just saying everything we don't know without lying, honnesty is about telling the truth in such a way that it is undeniably and independently provable that you are telling the truth. The blockchain decentralised trust for a reason, make good use of it. Decetralised due diligence is the most important thing the blocknet needs to be successful, without it it will falter and die, and a fairer, more trustworthy alternative will take it's place in no time.

/devils advocate

Make it happen guys Wink Make it happen right now! Put it on your website, post it in this thread, make a video about it, scream it from the top of every roof.  

+1

I agree completely. Thank you for this perspective.

We have every reason to be transparent and candid at every step, and this is the plan.

Stay tuned for news about our escrow arrangement, and about proof of concept code.

can we also centralize all this info in an official single place? I'm talking about a website (www.blocknet.io? ).
I'm not looking forward to browse trough pages and pages of forumposts to find relevant information. No one is.
It's quite shocking that you guys even started the ITO without a proper website. Why was that decision made like that?
I'd say these kinds of things need to be in order before the ITO ends.

EDIT: And yes, i'm deliberately acting like an entitled prick so that people with less positive intent won't be able to in the future. Wink

Yes this is a necessity.

We want everyone to have access to information of importance.

Threads are no good for this purpose.

Activity: 323

Yes, you're right, and all spending will be recorded on the blockchain. No question of that.

On the other hand it could make sense in terms of the privacy of devs for, say, coins to be taken from the funds in larger batches allocated to, say, a given release. From there, payments to individuals could be kept private, while the amount used for a given release will still be publicly disclosed.

How does that sound?

Hmm, If that's done, it should be accompanied by a public list of expenditures that +- shows what percentages of the budget were spend on what. 'Dev pay' could be one category, but if there is a 'champaign and caviar for the devs' section, we wanna see that as a separate category! Smiley
I have no problems with you guys earning a comfortable living, but with $1000000 laying around it's just too easy to say 'fuck it, lets earn more money per month and do less work' if there is no public oversight.
And i'm playing devils advocate here because a nontransparent financial policy will completely wreck and destroy the reputation of blocknet, the coins involved and every single dev working on them. It's in your own interest to be completely honest and transparent about everything that happens. And being honest is more than just saying everything we don't know without lying, honnesty is about telling the truth in such a way that it is undeniably and independently provable that you are telling the truth. The blockchain decentralised trust for a reason, make good use of it. Decetralised due diligence is the most important thing the blocknet needs to be successful, without it it will falter and die, and a fairer, more trustworthy alternative will take it's place in no time.

/devils advocate

Make it happen guys Wink Make it happen right now! Put it on your website, post it in this thread, make a video about it, scream it from the top of every roof.  

+1

I agree completely. Thank you for this perspective.

We have every reason to be transparent and candid at every step, and this is the plan.

Stay tuned for news about our escrow arrangement, and about proof of concept code.

can we also centralize all this info in an official single place? I'm talking about a website (www.blocknet.io? ).
I'm not looking forward to browse trough pages and pages of forumposts to find relevant information. No one is.
It's quite shocking that you guys even started the ITO without a proper website. Why was that decision made like that?
I'd say these kinds of things need to be in order before the ITO ends.

EDIT: And yes, i'm deliberately acting like an entitled prick so that people with less positive intent won't be able to in the future. Wink
Jump to: