Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 428. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Not Fair at all for all the partecipating Coins and Investors to announce another coin in the block net whre you can get 10% off just less than 24 Hours before the IPO ARE you Guys NUTS??

Arlyn I'm speechless now.

What did you figure? That this was it? No more coins added to Blocknet?
Of course we need more, how is it unfair?

Because it has been pumped by 30% in half an hour? they should have announced it after the IPO

Now they should focus on wallets and getting info out
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Hopefully the wallets on Bittrex will be available before 10.00pm UK time tonight / 6.00pm EST as any later and I will have no time to set one up before the ITO starts as I will be at work by then.
Activity: 136
Merit: 100
Will you be able to exchange NHZ for BlockNet tokens?  I thought this was going to be possible but I don't see the pairing on Coingateway.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Not Fair at all for all the partecipating Coins and Investors to announce another coin in the block net whre you can get 10% off just less than 24 Hours before the IPO ARE you Guys NUTS??

What did you figure? That this was it? No more coins added to Blocknet?
Of course we need more, how is it unfair?
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
This argument is getting a bit technical, but this is what I said:

No, the company is still doing its 100% IPO. The underwriters essentially short sell on top of the 100% if there is huge demand. And when they buy back, they usually don't put up "walls" at the IPO price, they just buy back cheaper, otherwise they don't make money and have no incentive to do this. The greenshoe option is exercised by the underwriter to protect him from loss if the price actually rises.

No, the company is still doing its 100% IPO
The company can raise more than initially planned if the greenshoe option is exercised, i.e. if the post-IPO price is above the IPO price.

The underwriters essentially short sell on top of the 100% if there is huge demand.
It is very rare for the IPO to be under-subscribed, even if it is most likely over-allotment option will be present.

And when they buyback, they usually don't put up "walls" at the IPO price, they just buy back cheaper
There hasn't been much research on the exact execution of the buyback (because the data is private). It is true that the buyback happens at prices below the IPO price, on average at around 5-15% discount.

otherwise they don't make money and have no incentive to do this.
The underwriter is making money on the fees. By increasing the size of the IPO through over-allotment option, the underwriter is collecting more fees if the over-allotment option is exercised. By not exercising the option and doing the buyback the underwriter is making a trading profit, however there is reputation damage for underwriting unsuccessful IPO and this is not the desired outcome.

The greenshoe option is exercised by the underwriter to protect him from loss if the price actually rises.
The underwriter never has a trading loss on the IPO. If the post-IPO price is above the IPO price by exercising the over-allotment option the underwriter is covering the short position with no profit or loss. Don't forget the extra fees from the larger IPO.

Regardless of the actual mechanism, the over-allotment option is there to offer price support. If financial markets can offer this support, with all its regulation and due diligence we should at least demand the same from the crypto IPOs.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

And...

XCash are now part of the Blocknet!

And..........with XCash, Blocknet has a decentralized exchange !!
Activity: 294
legendary
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Nope. We are not nuts.

legendary

And...

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Who are they? copy cat of XC???    lol

Hope the focus will be on making Xbridge wallets of BTC LTC PPC NMC Etc soon.

Check out their tech. It'll be pretty useful to the Blocknet.

And...

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Who are they? copy cat of XC???    lol

Hope the focus will be on making Xbridge wallets of BTC LTC PPC NMC Etc soon.
legendary

And...

Activity: 280
OMG, how many uneducated people are browsing these forums is truly appalling.
The purpose of the greenshoe option is to support the price on the secondary market.  

It is a measure to smooth out price fluctuations if demand surges you FUCKIN' RETARD!?!?!   Cry

Welcome to my Ignore List!   Grin

dude hasn't been laid in years...ya can tell  Grin
legendary

No, the company is still doing its 100% IPO. The underwriters essentially short sell on top of the 100% if there is huge demand. And when they buy back, they usually don't put up "walls" at the IPO price, they just buy back cheaper, otherwise they don't make money and have no incentive to do this. The greenshoe option is exercised by the underwriter to protect him from loss if the price actually rises.

Thanks - and my apologies. I became disorientated. Walls of FUD can become bewildering. ;-)
Activity: 55
Merit: 0

Activity: 364
Hmm... bit of a ridiculous argument there.

Revelation and qawzxs, I hope you don't mind if preserve only the copy of your argument in WillowRosenberg's post, and delete all the previous comments.

This way, anyone can read your exchange, but it won't take up so much of the thread.

Edit: deleted WillowRosenberg's post by mistake. Sorry.

Please do!

I wish I had chose to catch up on the last 2 - 3 pages of this thread a little later. God that was painful.
legendary
Hmm... bit of a ridiculous argument there.

Revelation and qawzxs, I hope you don't mind if preserve only the copy of your argument in WillowRosenberg's post, and delete all the previous comments.

This way, anyone can read your exchange, but it won't take up so much of the thread.

Edit: deleted WillowRosenberg's post by mistake. Sorry.
Activity: 616
Merit: 524
Dear synechist and mxxxxxx,
over the last 7 days you have spent significant amount of time on this thread marketing the ITO. Typically, this is something that the devs were doing in the past. What is your salary and how much BTC from the ITO will go to your pockets paying for your services? Are you gonna provide this information in your full BTC transparency?

We are doing it for free as we see huge potential in this awesome project and great long term investment

We will be buying BlockNet shares like everyone else

None of BTC ITO goes to our pockets

Cheers

Hi

I can also confirm that Mxxxxxx is part of the Fibre team and has supported Fibre from day one, he has been very loyal to us and has not been paid a single penny for being part of the Fibre Team and has been helping synechist where possible. Your assumption of getting paid for this is ridiculous.

We all believe in this amazing project and it's about supporting each other.

Krushang
legendary
Dear synechist and mxxxxxx,
over the last 7 days you have spent significant amount of time on this thread marketing the ITO. Typically, this is something that the devs were doing in the past. What is your salary and how much BTC from the ITO will go to your pockets paying for your services? Are you gonna provide this information in your full BTC transparency?

Dear Revelation,

These folks are here answering the questions folks are asking about and is very much appreciated. Otherwise all we have are folks rambling on about things that don't really matter with an agenda I fail to understand. This Blocknet is beneficial to the entire alt community, not just a few of the coins already chartered or people that have spent countless hours putting this together. We need answers and we are getting them from the proper channels.
They are selective in responding to the questions. Anything regarding minimum amount necessary for the project, buy wall after the ITO etc. are being ignored. Coca-Cola type PR.

We've *not* been selective.

I've stated multiple times that we'll be releasing this information.

It's coming out a little later today.

In the meantime, no need for those emotively loaded phrases.
Activity: 462
If enough people push for this kind of investor protection measure I believe that we can persuade them to commit to it. People like you, not acting in the best interest of investors, are making this IPO less appealing.

Well...  the likes of you convinced James to do it over @ SuperNET...  hopefully here they'll get tired answering all these OCD posts of you and a few others and just focus on the project.
PR people, who are posting here, are not doing the development.
Jump to: