Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 380. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
is there an idiots guide to running PoS? what is the stake rate?
thanks
Activity: 248
I have still same too much rejects,tried with different diff.

Uh time-too-new is the old bug of the first cgminer versions. Make sure you use the latest version from the decred github releases

Yeah new cgminer fixed it, but at this time what's this?it's look lile poolside error.

Did you try a higher diff port ? Looks like the pool isn't providing the work fast enough, yep.

Try adding the following parameters to your launcher (or .bat)
--no-submit-stale --scan-time 2 --queue 0
Already i had this parameter in my bat file.
Activity: 452
Merit: 251
I don't think so, as far as I can tell this coin has the best/solid dev team in the business. Decred might be the true  bitcoin alternative we've all been waiting for.
I hope you are correct. I just think this dev team should have tried to apply the KISS principle to some of this. The fact that they have failed to apply KISS gives me doubts for wide adoption. Some of this stuff is rather convoluted.

This is not an unfair point. It's important to remember that new technology is often complex. You can look back at any technology in its infancy, and see the trouble with complexity. The irony of the pursuit of simplicity is that it's not simple to do. The active solution to making simple a complex technology is to make it a pursuit.

This is reflected in the RFP process. It begins with native GUIs (RFP-1), improving the light web GUI (RFP-2), and providing a simple overview of the network and its concepts (RFP-3). And then there's the stake pool, which makes the process simpler by circumventing the need to keep a wallet online 24/7, or even the requirement of a reliable Internet connection. Deconstructing these processes, it becomes apparent that simplicity is in fact a desire of the project's output - however, as said, it's not as simple as keeping it simple.
Activity: 156
Merit: 236
Updated the OP text to reflect the latest RFP. RFP-3 deals with visualizing the Decred network. If you know data, it is to port and build a network status dashboard. The next RFP will be for documentation and user guides. Then there will be an RFP for the miner devs. These all run in parallel.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
What is up with https://dcr.suprnova.cc/ looks like it may be having some issues

Its been that way for a few hours it seems, so you may want to have a look and decide what to do until the issue is resolved.

Cron was Stuck, fixed Smiley

Awesome, thank you for the quick fix and response!
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
What is up with https://dcr.suprnova.cc/ looks like it may be having some issues

Its been that way for a few hours it seems, so you may want to have a look and decide what to do until the issue is resolved.

Cron was Stuck, fixed Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1049

It was only the wind.
Finished adding the other half of the block header not shown earlier to the output of the tests - putting in the final XOR with input block stage of Blake-256 that I forgot about when testing, in order to make it a full Decred process that will work, and porting tests to match. Also changed protocol to something more Icarus-like, in preparation for CGMiner support, and changed some stuff in the core transform, helping me drop slices, making the design smaller.

Previously, slice usage was ~1,300 out of the LX9's 1,430. Dropped it to 1,205 in this latest synthesis, but that isn't yet enough free logic to allow me to speed it up yet, I don't think.

Sounds promising, do you expect similar kind of speeds compared to other Blake algo coins on FPGA devices? I am also curious if you are using a more modern readily available FPGA device?

Backstory is, this implementation was done simply because people kept telling me it couldn't be - the current public implementation of Blake-256 takes up 16k slices on a Spartan-6 LX150 - so it was definitely impossible to fit on an LX9. So I did. Performance is not going to be good on the LX9, of course - I'm using a Mojo v3 for testing. The real chip design is in developement, on my SoCKit - details on it here: http://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=165&No=816&PartNo=1 - for larger chips and targeting the most hashrate I can get out of it. It's got a Cyclone V FPGA and ARMv7 dual-core on the same chip, and 1GB of DDR3 connected to the ARMv7 side, with the other 1GB connected to the FPGA. It has TONS of wonderful things onboard to program - I've already played with the software side of it, compiling the kernel with Altera's patches, compiling the preloader and u-boot, and putting Arch Linux ARM on it - but now I'll be working with the FPGA more, and connecting the two together.

It can be a fully self-contained miner, too; here's just a short list of fun ideas I've had so far:
 - Using the onboard LCD to output hashrate
 - Reading temps off the sensor and displaying that
 - Connecting some of the buttons/switches to start/stop hashing
 - Lighting an LED when hashing is enabled and turning it off when disabled
 - LED flash on share found
 - Using hardware interrupts to notify the CPU of shares
 - Putting the ARMv7 into low-power mode while mining

The last two kind of help each other - you can signal an interrupt from the FPGA, and handle it in your own Linux kernel module, passing it to the userspace miner, and letting it check and submit, if need be. The advantage here is no need for polling, which reduces shit the CPU has to execute - add that to enabling the low-power state and it could be awesome.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
Darn, looks like the pump for this coin is in full throttle and I tied up most of my coins in purchasing tickets. Oh well, looks like I'll be sticking around with this coin for a while. Hope this doesn't fall apart in month or two like the vast majority of alts do.

I don't think so, as far as I can tell this coin has the best/solid dev team in the business. Decred might be the true  bitcoin alternative we've all been waiting for.

I hope you are correct. I just think this dev team should have tried to apply the KISS principle to some of this. The fact that they have failed to apply KISS gives me doubts for wide adoption. Some of this stuff is rather convoluted.

Activity: 774
Merit: 503
Darn, looks like the pump for this coin is in full throttle and I tied up most of my coins in purchasing tickets. Oh well, looks like I'll be sticking around with this coin for a while. Hope this doesn't fall apart in month or two like the vast majority of alts do.

legendary

It was only the wind.
Finished adding the other half of the block header not shown earlier to the output of the tests - putting in the final XOR with input block stage of Blake-256 that I forgot about when testing, in order to make it a full Decred process that will work, and porting tests to match. Also changed protocol to something more Icarus-like, in preparation for CGMiner support, and changed some stuff in the core transform, helping me drop slices, making the design smaller.

Previously, slice usage was ~1,300 out of the LX9's 1,430. Dropped it to 1,205 in this latest synthesis, but that isn't yet enough free logic to allow me to speed it up yet, I don't think.
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1003

OC SUPRNOVA I'm getting this.... 2 days ago it was 100% accepts. Using 1.7.3 ccminer with getwork. What changed?
legendary
I understand the PoW block reward varies now that PoS has started... any way to predict what the average PoW block reward will be?

@Dev_Team

Would you answer.

Curious question.

I'm not part of the dev team, but the POW reward depends on the number POS votes that were voted on the block. It also adds in the fees which vary block by block. Here are the rewards that you can expect.
5 valid votes (Most common) 18.71749598 + transaction fees
4 valid votes (About once per hour or two) 14.97399678 + transaction fees
3 valid votes (Once a day or less) 11.23049759 + transaction fees

Unfortunately, it is not totally predictable how many missed votes and veto votes each block may get. Also, every 6144 blocks the reward goes down. I'm not certain by how much though but it is less dramatic than the halving events of BTC.

Edit: Every 6144 blocks the reward will go down to the fraction of 100/101. (Block one-hundred one-hundred-firsting, instead of block halving.  Cheesy)
Activity: 414
I understand the PoW block reward varies now that PoS has started... any way to predict what the average PoW block reward will be?

@Dev_Team

Would you answer.

Curious question.
Activity: 812
Look at the orderbook on bittrex:

A person has to ask why, with such an absurd depth/spread, those buyers don't actually buy the coin high enough to even the spread and "get rich".

The likely answer is that they are only trying to get others to buy the coin high enough to let them dump the massive premine.

Duh

lol never had much BTC have you? Roll Eyes

You put up a wall like that, not just for price support but also for accumulation. You give big holders an opportunity to sell into your wall whenever they want out without crashing the price while not having to buy a coin at inflated prices.

Even I have done this on lower market cap coins with great success, and I'm no whale.

Oh, you have much bitcoin, or you had much bitcoin?

Me being a little guy, thought a 50 btc - 70 btc buywall quite massive.
At a hefty premium to launch price, ~ 3x bring up dev price,
and considering the only possible sellers were airdroppers with 282 decred each,
Of which we know only ~ 33% have even been moved.

To me, that only gonna push up the price, the hope, and the hype.
But you the big trader

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Is there a block explorer with API support (balance of address, network information, etc)?

For the moment only this as far as i know https://mainnet.decred.org/
legendary
Activity: 1050
Well damn the initial dump never came. Just goes to show you can't predict crypto. Putting in some orders well above my target area.

I really wish I would have got an airdrop lol

Yup an airdrop has a value of ~1.5 BTC right now and people are still not dumping. Since my last report only 5 airdrop addresses were spent
dont sell dcr , in 5 years it can be 1000$  Cheesy
Jump to: