Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 378. (Read 1201332 times)

legendary
Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004
pricing but overvalued now.  Take some profit now cause if not you'll be bagholding.  Just friendly advice.

This is what people were saying when Bitcoin was at $10 ... "nice price now, but overvalued, better sell now"
Then when bitcoin was $100 ... "ok now it's REALLY overpriced, sell ASAP $100 is not normal, it will burst anytime"

The point is not that I'm saying price will keep rising, it's just that "it is overpriced" is not a good argument
Overpriced compared to what? The price is a reflection of people's expectations and speculation, that's all
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
74.3780   52.7801BTC   

75.0131   0.6352   
75.1084   0.0952   
75.6100   0.5016   
75.6249   0.0149   

Yup, TOTALLY natural lol  Roll Eyes Shocked Nice work, nice pricing but overvalued now.  Take some profit now cause if not you'll be bagholding.  Just friendly advice.
legendary
Hi all, whats special about this? It looks everybody going nuts for it.
Why should I invest/mine?

Just in few words: why is this not just another "shitcoin"?

Thanks.

Taking the lazy way out, eh?  Reading be hard.

Correct.

Maybe the following excerpts from press can serve as a TL;DR to highlight why people are excited about Decred:

Some of Bitcoin's developers have left the project and are now starting their separate digital currency called Decred, promoting an open governance model, which they say is missing in Bitcoin.

The new cryptocurrency is looking to solve what Company 0 CEO Jacob Yocom-Piatt said is the biggest problem with bitcoin: It’s controlled by a small group of external actors who decide how the service will evolve, often in spite of developer objections and to the detriment of users. To address the problem, former bitcoin developers are opting for a decentralized, community-based governance model. The Decred team also plans to introduce a number of features that include:

- A consenus-based system using proof of work and proof of stake;

- Hashing via the Blake-256 algorithm; Ed25519/secp256k1-Schnorr or secp256k1 signatures to improve software integration;

- Potential bitcoin compatibility.

Simply put, Decred wants to eliminate governance and decision-making issues that plague bitcoin while keeping many of the central functions intact. It makes sense: Bitcoin has garnered enough positive attention and investor confidence that there’s no need to reinvent the wheel. Rather, the cryptocurrency aims to coast along on bitcoin’s momentum with promises of improved security and better collaboration.

( From: https://securityintelligence.com/news/digital-currency-divide-bitcoin-decred-and-the-virtual-finance-future/ and http://news.softpedia.com/news/amid-bitcoin-centralization-worries-core-developers-start-new-currency-called-decred-498137.shtml )
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
Is there a bitstream for blake 14 round?  Or is there someone to speak to that will actually release one?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Thanks.

Taking the lazy way out, eh?  Reading be hard.

Correct.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Thanks.

Taking the lazy way out, eh?  Reading be hard.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

Thanks.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
I register to receive air drop but, lost it ?
Any way can you check it ? please ?

most of the people who were "accepted" for the airdrop didn't even receive their coins~ airdrop was a failure as the community did not get their share of coins.

:\

meh = greedy devs (company0 LLC)

Why whould you ever say something like that if it's not even remotely true?

the only reason they had a mock airdrop was to candy coat their pre-mine ...= house of cards imo ;-)
Activity: 302
Merit: 251
Ego Sum Qui Sum
Price doesn't stop rising... it's going to the moon.
difficulty and hashrate is rise too...
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

decred coinmarketcap 2.2M...top 25    .............still loooooong way to go   Wink
legendary
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

most of the people who were "accepted" for the airdrop didn't even receive their coins~ airdrop was a failure as the community did not get their share of coins.

Obviously even were it true, there'd be a reason he's in the thread, repeating it. Everybody has a motive, and it's almost always self-interest or leading back to it. When you think about it that way, it's simple why he stays in this thread instead of saying his piece and leaving.

True from time to time he is bouncing back to say some senseless shit. I guess he has to be ignored and that's all
legendary
Activity: 1162
Nice project, I just missed the exciting news in decred Smiley
Activity: 705

legendary
Activity: 1050
Quick update on what has been going on with the mainnet stake pool. There has been quite a bit of progress behind the scenes to make it more stable.

Basic timeline:

• Got a proof-of-concept working and released
  • Added support for allowing users to control their votes or defer decision making to the pool
  • Realized due to a deployment issue that the pool was not operating properly
  • Added stats so the pool operator/users could see the pool's history/status
  • Stats were too slow to be useful through WAN links with a large wallet
  • Stats speed was improved greatly
  • Lots of bug fixes and stability/reliability/debugging ability improvements in between the various steps above
  • When checking the faster stats code devs found/fixed a bug that caused synchronized pool wallets to have different statistics
  • More instrumentation added for verifying wallets are in sync and restoring/syncing from a live wallet/SQL

The last 2 items were just addressed late last night. Hoping today is the day for a stable pool that clearly reports its status.

a gui wallet and a noob friendly POS  buttons
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

Activity: 638
Yep just realize that i have finish the air drop Sad
Activity: 350
How many dcr is in existence?
Activity: 770
how many coins per user was the airdrop?

282 DCR/user
Activity: 784
how many coins per user was the airdrop?
Jump to: