Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 229. (Read 1076368 times)

legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
Kiklo's Premium Blockchain Snapshot Service

Snapshot is Ready.  Smiley

EINSTEINIUM BLOCKCHAIN SNAPSHOT
                 (The Fastest Way to Sync)
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16770174

Cool

Thanks! You are providing a service often overlooked in crypto that would help a lot of newbies get involved without all the pain and suffering waiting for wallets to catch up. What would be cool if wallets included a direct link to the latest snapshot so you could simply click a button and have it downloaded and updated automatically. Or, include a bootstrap file with the wallet download (optional) that would automatically install.

Just some food for thought...

I like your idea of snapshot available for new users.
It could be added to the site right next to the wallet links. Will look into that for the website update.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

Cool

Thanks! You are providing a service often overlooked in crypto that would help a lot of newbies get involved without all the pain and suffering waiting for wallets to catch up. What would be cool if wallets included a direct link to the latest snapshot so you could simply click a button and have it downloaded and updated automatically. Or, include a bootstrap file with the wallet download (optional) that would automatically install.

Just some food for thought...

legendary
Activity: 1092

Cool
legendary
For thanks that want to verify the authenticity of the wallets on the website
go to: http://onlinemd5.com/
for windows in MD5 it should compare to: 106B2F9031C54465F5AE995CA10FE8EB
for OSX in MD5 it should compare to: ED96B42346694F3ECEAEC5869B337CBA

thanks to kiklo
legendary
infact i put it into a  folder excluded by antivirus

i tried to download the file from the site linked but instead of downloading file normally it downloads the wallet with a malware
i got my dropbox account breached

Website code wasn't change since the last update i've made.
Wallet file is still the same and unchanged.
If you don't trust the website, use the OP

Use http://onlinemd5.com/ and generate a Hash for the wallets,
that way users can confirm the hash after they download it , so they know it was not tampered with.  Smiley

Cool
I'll check that after work tonight
legendary

i tried to download the file from the site linked but instead of downloading file normally it downloads the wallet with a malware

Website code wasn't change since the last update i've made.
Wallet file is still the same and unchanged.
If you don't trust the website, use the OP
legendary
Activity: 1130
No good deed goes unpunished
For anyone who can't get their wallet to sync, check the following:

Open the wallet and click on "Settings", "Options", "Network" and see if "Connect through Socks proxy" is checked. If it is, and most of you shouldn't need this, uncheck and click "Ok" then close and restart. I found this after pulling my hair out replacing blockchain and config files to no avail. Don't click "Apply", just click "Save" and restart. Mine synced very quickly after this.

Interesting thing is, I did not intentionally check this option. No guarantee but worth checking.

Proxy would mess up the connection, indeed. Good you have it figured out. Interestingly, that was not the issue on my side, still at a loss to explain why wallet had a stutter 2-3 weeks ago.

Think I am going to regret choosing KPMG and accounting over an IT startup in 2003 for the rest of my days ... another 50 years I am told Cheesy ... having to rely on coders is quite possibly the most soul wrenching experience in 17 years of work (and trust me when I say, I have seen everything in accounting .. everything)

- Cute cat image removed -

We all have things we will regret. Obtain more cats, it's good for the soul...

What site? Are you using the link in the OP?
Activity: 219
Merit: 100

the file contain a malware the site was hacked

Virus programs INCORRECTLY alert for wallets all the time. What "maleware" is it complaining about?

Open the wallet and click on "Settings", "Options", "Network" and see if "Connect through Socks proxy" is checked. If it is, and most of you shouldn't need this, uncheck and click "Ok" then close and restart. I found this after pulling my hair out replacing blockchain and config files to no avail. Don't click "Apply", just click "Save" and restart. Mine synced very quickly after this.

Interesting thing is, I did not intentionally check this option. No guarantee but worth checking.

Proxy would mess up the connection, indeed. Good you have it figured out. Interestingly, that was not the issue on my side, still at a loss to explain why wallet had a stutter 2-3 weeks ago.

Think I am going to regret choosing KPMG and accounting over an IT startup in 2003 for the rest of my days ... another 50 years I am told Cheesy ... having to rely on coders is quite possibly the most soul wrenching experience in 17 years of work (and trust me when I say, I have seen everything in accounting .. everything)

- Cute cat image removed -

We all have things we will regret. Obtain more cats, it's good for the soul...
the file contain a malware the site was hacked
legendary
is the wallet a malware? my antivirus blocked it. so i deactivated it then tried to install.  but seem to be really malware

It's not a malware, put the wallet in your exception list.
is the wallet a malware? my antivirus blocked it. so i deactivated it then tried to install.  but seem to be really malware
Activity: 158
Merit: 10
That was some crazy week in crypto ... hours after holding a meeting with some legends ... total collapse of markets.

Not a complete mess as my backers now have a lovely bunch of coconuts ... EMC2 and much cheaper than last week's discussions.

In other news: I guess someone has realised that dropping EMC2 below 250 sats is just giving it away ... har har ...
In other other news: If you have quantity of EMC2 to sell and don't want to crash the price or wait for sells to fill, please contact me directly.

I was serious about this offer.

what epoch now, 33 starting?
legendary
That was some crazy week in crypto ... hours after holding a meeting with some legends ... total collapse of markets.

Not a complete mess as my backers now have a lovely bunch of coconuts ... EMC2 and much cheaper than last week's discussions.

In other news: I guess someone has realised that dropping EMC2 below 250 sats is just giving it away ... har har ...
In other other news: If you have quantity of EMC2 to sell and don't want to crash the price or wait for sells to fill, please contact me directly.

I was serious about this offer.
legendary

legendary
legendary
Jump to: