Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ENVY] Envy Coin | ICO closed - Did not meet Min BTC Refund will start soon - page 12. (Read 43531 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
I am going to have Bittrex open the ICO back up. I will let the community decide with voting with their money. Remember the terms still require 5 Million Envy be sold. I will also work on putting new info out about what cloud mining products will be bought. It will be a variety of Hashlets and other cloud mining. I am talk to LTC gear right now. Feel free to post any other cloud miners that have a good rep. (I know it is relative)
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
I came here to check on things after seeing the delist warning on Bittrex as well.  I often keep pretty quiet but as you know have been watching since you launched, actual since before you launched.  Have definitely been interested but as I suspect most......have been waiting till towards the end of ICO to get in, really just in case something like this came up.  I think MOST would wait till towards the end of the ICO to make a decision.

I think the way you set the ICO up ensures that most will wait till towards the end!!  This is why I asked and confirmed with you that the price was gonna be the same all the way through, if you had not replied with a yes, I would have bought in immediately to ensure the cheapest price......but really only because you have PROVEN to me to be a straight shooter!!  Since there was no need for me to buy in at a cheaper price, waiting till the end of the ICO provided no repercussions so it only made sense to just wait and see how things unfold.

Whether you pull this back up or put your attention completely on Fire.......you got my support brother, it may not be much but what I can......you will have:-)

Sorry for your losses with what you have invested in this if you decide to pull the plug!!
Thank you for the feedback. GAW was debating pulling their support for it(we still can buy the hashlets) because the people on Hashtalk were threatening to sell their accounts. And said Envy was to big of risk for GAW.

Why would they care -- wouldn't it be a good thing that the firm they were using was getting more customers?

Anyway, regarding your other comment about support, it is always tough to tell nowadays. There are so many coins and not everybody bothers to make a comment. (I almost didn't).

I do think the concept is solid, but must admit I am not an expert on cloud mining. I mean the income goes to zero relatively quickly as the difficulties increase, correct? Or are you mining other things besides BTC? But, my point is that despite those details it is a solid idea in that it has a floor to any losses. So, even if you never come up with another idea for the coin and the coin goes to zero, investors would still get their money back due to the mining within about 3 months. I still think that is a good idea!

The few that really dumped on me are concerned that I will do something they will not like and then everyone will blame GAW.

It's unfortunate that there are so many people in the crypto community, that direct blame everywhere except where it should be placed. How on earth could GAW be responsible for other peoples actions? Then again, this first couple pages of this thread proves how many people on bitcointalk are illiterate as well. I'm no whale, but I'll throw down whatever I can scrape up, if you choose to go ahead with this.   

Thanks. If I open this back up there is still a chance we do not meet the minimum set with Bitrrex. The terms are 5million Envy minimum. Which is 100 BTC. I thought I was doing everyone a favor by closing it so the BTC were not tied up if we did not meet the minimum. I did not realize that so many people would wait until the end. I have not followed other ICO’s because I was busy working on my coins.
Activity: 345
Merit: 250
Thank you for the feedback. GAW was debating pulling their support for it(we still can buy the hashlets) because the people on Hashtalk were threatening to sell their accounts. And said Envy was to big of risk for GAW.

Why would they care -- wouldn't it be a good thing that the firm they were using was getting more customers?

Anyway, regarding your other comment about support, it is always tough to tell nowadays. There are so many coins and not everybody bothers to make a comment. (I almost didn't).

I do think the concept is solid, but must admit I am not an expert on cloud mining. I mean the income goes to zero relatively quickly as the difficulties increase, correct? Or are you mining other things besides BTC? But, my point is that despite those details it is a solid idea in that it has a floor to any losses. So, even if you never come up with another idea for the coin and the coin goes to zero, investors would still get their money back due to the mining within about 3 months. I still think that is a good idea!

The few that really dumped on me are concerned that I will do something they will not like and then everyone will blame GAW.

It's unfortunate that there are so many people in the crypto community, that direct blame everywhere except where it should be placed. How on earth could GAW be responsible for other peoples actions? Then again, this first couple pages of this thread proves how many people on bitcointalk are illiterate as well. I'm no whale, but I'll throw down whatever I can scrape up, if you choose to go ahead with this.   

Activity: 284

I am just curious. It seems like there is a descent amount of support for this coin now. I can tell Bittrex to reopen since refunds have not started. But we would have to get to 100 BTC

Yes, I think you threw in the towel too early. I don't know what they were saying at hashtalk.org (actually, I have never even heard of hashtalk.org), but you should really give it a shot.

I was one of those questioning the structure of the deal (and was hoping you would change it), but I was still going to invest at least a little. I think the idea is solid. Also, you quit just after quiwoman2 (who runs the QBK coin) reached out to you (on this forum). She sounded interested in the concept. That's worth a conversation right there. QBK had its ICO on Poloniex at .0002 and in about a month it is trading at around .00062 (as I write this), plus it has already paid a dividend.

People wait until the last minute. I hated the Craigscoin idea (and definitely did not invest -- thankfully as it was a dud), but nearly all of the BTC came in during the last 48 hours. (That was on Bittrex too)

I say, as best as you can, tweak the details of the ICO to answer your critics and still make you happy. Now, I have no idea what your critics were so upset about at hashtalk.org, so that may not be possible. All I am saying is now that you have some feedback, maybe you would like to make a minor change or two to the ICO terms, and continue on. Maybe extend the ICO deadline a bit also.

I came here after I went to invent in the ico on bittrex. I saw "Disabled" and thought you had reached your goal already. There is no doubt that the cryptocoin world in general is the most brutal, most critical and harshest group there is. I try to be as kind as I can with my comments, especially to a respected member that has a proven track record. Ive never launched a coin/ipo/ico but I hear its very difficult and add to that, your trying to sell it to the most critical group there is. We have to go back and think why. The answer is simple: Every last one of us has been stolen from, deceived , lied to, and conned. Some worse than others. Its an known fact I lost over $35,000 in BTCD to a keylogger virus planted in the zipcoin wallet. Sometimes though we shoot ourselves in the foot, and vent anger and frustration from something that happend months ago. I think you threw the towel in WAYYY too early. I dont need to tell you when you launch a coin, its gonna attract loads of haters and supporters. This is a BIG dissapointment as this would have been great. Maybe rest a bit and rethink things, and stop listening to the haters, they only wish they could do what you are doing.

Vegas

Thank you. I really didnt think i had any supporters. Very little activity in here and low volume so I thoguht I was saving everyone the trouble of selling 20 BTC worth not meeting the terms and then refunding next week.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
I am just curious. It seems like there is a descent amount of support for this coin now. I can tell Bittrex to reopen since refunds have not started. But we would have to get to 100 BTC

Yes, I think you threw in the towel too early. I don't know what they were saying at hashtalk.org (actually, I have never even heard of hashtalk.org), but you should really give it a shot.

I was one of those questioning the structure of the deal (and was hoping you would change it), but I was still going to invest at least a little. I think the idea is solid. Also, you quit just after quiwoman2 (who runs the QBK coin) reached out to you (on this forum). She sounded interested in the concept. That's worth a conversation right there. QBK had its ICO on Poloniex at .0002 and in about a month it is trading at around .00062 (as I write this), plus it has already paid a dividend.

People wait until the last minute. I hated the Craigscoin idea (and definitely did not invest -- thankfully as it was a dud), but nearly all of the BTC came in during the last 48 hours. (That was on Bittrex too)

I say, as best as you can, tweak the details of the ICO to answer your critics and still make you happy. Now, I have no idea what your critics were so upset about at hashtalk.org, so that may not be possible. All I am saying is now that you have some feedback, maybe you would like to make a minor change or two to the ICO terms, and continue on. Maybe extend the ICO deadline a bit also.

I came here after I went to invent in the ico on bittrex. I saw "Disabled" and thought you had reached your goal already. There is no doubt that the cryptocoin world in general is the most brutal, most critical and harshest group there is. I try to be as kind as I can with my comments, especially to a respected member that has a proven track record. Ive never launched a coin/ipo/ico but I hear its very difficult and add to that, your trying to sell it to the most critical group there is. We have to go back and think why. The answer is simple: Every last one of us has been stolen from, deceived , lied to, and conned. Some worse than others. Its an known fact I lost over $35,000 in BTCD to a keylogger virus planted in the zipcoin wallet. Sometimes though we shoot ourselves in the foot, and vent anger and frustration from something that happend months ago. I think you threw the towel in WAYYY too early. I dont need to tell you when you launch a coin, its gonna attract loads of haters and supporters. This is a BIG dissapointment as this would have been great. Maybe rest a bit and rethink things, and stop listening to the haters, they only wish they could do what you are doing.

Vegas

Hmm.. you know you did an AMAZING job resurecting firecoin. What about a thread with a weekly or monthly poll, on which coin should be resurrected. I can assure you we ALL have LOADS of "locked" coins in wallets that are dead. Now THATS what the cryptocoin world REALLY needs, and you are one of probably a handful of people in the WORLD that can do that! Maybe you would take a percentage of each coin, and people would vote on the next coin, once one project is complete. I would LOVE to see that happen! There are LOADS of sunken titanics with treasures, we just cant get at them.. BUT you can!

Ill give you some ideas of great coins that died before their time : Elite, Blackdoge (doge is back!! Wink, Corecoin, Double Eagle, Vault, X15c, Keycoin (WOW, WHY did this die!?!?), Plutonium (OMG this one was STILL being traded after its death AND going up in price), Riot, Rox, AND OMG how could I forget XXX coin, BIG BIG money, think the wallet still works, but its a car without a driver. People have LOST LOADS in XXX because dev disappeared. I alone have 28,000 worthless coins, but it just needs a dev, and a GOOD one, and price will get sky high. Noblecoin is functional, but can not move further. Its VERY propular with very active community, but dev has promised it will move to POS for the past 6 months, and freely admits he doesnt know how to implement, and is looking to hire an experienced dev. I think if you really did this , there is loads of money, as people have loads "locked up", and their attitude towards you will be different, and a bit more humble. This changes the dynamics, because now YOU have something THEY want.  Some of these may have been resurected, not sure. What im saying is a man with your talents can EASILY get paid, there is LOADS of work, and you will be known as the second coming to raise the dead Wink
I have added a poll asking if I should open it back up. And please post if you want me to continue with this. I can say there will be a few changes to the plan. 1 Being the name GAW and hashlets will be removed from the plan and it will be changed to cloud mining. It will be a mix of Hashlets and other cloud mining providing the profit. This will spread out the risk. I will also review the feedback I have received and see where we can improve.

Activity: 284

All I can say FUCK! I really wanted this happen and you had my full support tom14cat14. You have proven yourself time and time again to me and if others can't see it then it is definitely their loss. How could anyone not see the benefits that this would bring to the cryptoworld? I do believe that most people were waiting until the last minute to buy, either to sell other coins or to get that last paycheck and then buy. I know I was planning on doing this on Friday along with what I had already bought. Damn!! Always a good thing is trashed by fucking trolls. I will put what I bought into firecoin as I know that is a good coin and have received payments from the mining profit share. Maybe more marketing first and then a redeployment? I would really hate to see a promising coin go in the trash. Anything I can do to help, PLEASE let me know. Thanks!

Thank you for the support. I am pretty beat up after envy. I never thought hashtalk would be so harsh to it. I will just keep working on Firecoin. GAW was ready to pull their support because of how many complaints they received. Granted we still could have bought it just would have had no official backing. I figured it was better to get everyone their money back sooner rather then later. We had only sold 3.5 BTC worth and the min needed was 100 BTC and even that would have been a pretty small amount of hashpower. 
Activity: 364
All I can say FUCK! I really wanted this happen and you had my full support tom14cat14. You have proven yourself time and time again to me and if others can't see it then it is definitely their loss. How could anyone not see the benefits that this would bring to the cryptoworld? I do believe that most people were waiting until the last minute to buy, either to sell other coins or to get that last paycheck and then buy. I know I was planning on doing this on Friday along with what I had already bought. Damn!! Always a good thing is trashed by fucking trolls. I will put what I bought into firecoin as I know that is a good coin and have received payments from the mining profit share. Maybe more marketing first and then a redeployment? I would really hate to see a promising coin go in the trash. Anything I can do to help, PLEASE let me know. Thanks!
For those that liked this IDEA. I have been doing this small scale on Fireocin. It doesnt have the payment that this would have since I paid for those hashlets out of my pocket but you can at least see how it works. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annfire-firecoin-97k-fire-pos-developer-leaving-702951
I am writing to everyone today to let everyone know that I have decided to cancel the ICO for ENVY Coin. I still believe in this idea but I have failed to show people the benefit that I believe this coin would have had. Based on the amount sold and the comments from forum members mainly in Hashtalk.org it has shown that most of you do not think this is a good idea or at least that I am not the person you want to trust your money with. I want to thank those that have helped me put this together and a big thank you to GAW for everything they had been trying to do. I know they have received a big target on their back after Josh posted his support. I have decided to bite the bullet eat the cost of development and clear lets things calm down for Josh and myself. I hope that maybe someday in the future someone else will be able to add this to their coin and make it a big success. I have informed Bittrex to close the ICO and refund everyone. I have just got off the phone with GAW and told them my intentions. I apologize for everyone that has bought and believed in this project but the reality is we most likely would not have met the min BTC sold to meet the terms of the ICO.

That's too bad,  there were probably many that were waiting until the last minute to buy. No point in tying up BTC for a week, when we could be trading for profit, and have more to invest.   Good luck in your future ventures.

Thanks. I do not think I will do any future ventures. This was a huge finical loss for me and I am just not good at dealing with trolls I guess.
Activity: 345
I am writing to everyone today to let everyone know that I have decided to cancel the ICO for ENVY Coin. I still believe in this idea but I have failed to show people the benefit that I believe this coin would have had. Based on the amount sold and the comments from forum members mainly in Hashtalk.org it has shown that most of you do not think this is a good idea or at least that I am not the person you want to trust your money with. I want to thank those that have helped me put this together and a big thank you to GAW for everything they had been trying to do. I know they have received a big target on their back after Josh posted his support. I have decided to bite the bullet eat the cost of development and clear lets things calm down for Josh and myself. I hope that maybe someday in the future someone else will be able to add this to their coin and make it a big success. I have informed Bittrex to close the ICO and refund everyone. I have just got off the phone with GAW and told them my intentions. I apologize for everyone that has bought and believed in this project but the reality is we most likely would not have met the min BTC sold to meet the terms of the ICO.

That's too bad,  there were probably many that were waiting until the last minute to buy. No point in tying up BTC for a week, when we could be trading for profit, and have more to invest.   Good luck in your future ventures.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
When can we mine it? Also I am interested in both to back our qbk currency as you have a similar proof of baghold program like our coin has. Also are you open to cross promotions and JV's with established coins such as ours?. I like your idea and am very happy with zencloud/gaw too so will want to purchase from Trex some Envy. Also any bounties going for Promos on twitter/ blogs? Also ENVY Bagholders will get paid weekly holder dividend bonuses correct? If so I like this.. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
The money is not wasted. If enough of the ICO sells to implement the plan this will be a truly asset-backed currency. The hashlets (and reinvestment) will allow you to gain ROI without having to sell the coins you purchased. The coin itself will be integrated into point of sale platforms, merchants, large exchanges, and have additional features added to it, going forward. This is more than just a hashlet profit program. This is more than just a currency that will have full support. It's both. That's why this is the most sensible ICO to come along in a while.

If the minimum amount does not sell out, all purchases will be refunded by Bittrex. The only thing lost in that case, will be opportunity.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
so many ico coin.
keep watching.
Pages:
Jump to: