Author

Topic: [ANN][EXCHANGE] Poloniex - Crypto Exchange with BTC/NXT - page 170. (Read 272207 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Owner of Poloniex
Yes, I'm still answering questions.

The logout issue is a consequence of the load balancing put in place to address lag. I am going to try increasing the timeout interval; hopefully this will address the issue.

About the site freezing up, this is a known issue when it starts to lag. It seems to halt when it is fetching new data and not getting it immediately. Shouldn't be hard to fix.

New users are pouring in--we have just about 500 now--and these issues need to be addressed, so we're going to have to hold off on adding markets for a bit.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
Are the dev still answering questions on this thread  Huh
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I use it.

Made a GLB deposit from pool to Poloniex. Arrived very fast. Now I set a sell order.

There are problems about login and navigation in general, timing and logout but in my opinion it could be a good exchange once fixed all issues  Wink
Activity: 420
Another problem with your site:

Every now and then the site just stops responding. I can't click anything anymore (the pointer does not go from 'arrow' to 'hand'), and even if I do try clicking, it does not do anything. I looks like I am looking at a screenshot of your page... Then after some time the site starts responding again.
Activity: 224

Please add ZenithCoin (ony 2.5 million have been mined out of 42 million)

Features

Proof of Work

ZenithCoin uses Scrypt as its proof of work. This will be initially be derived directly from Litecoin’s proof of work to provide compatibility to allow the thousands of miners to painlessly migrate to the new coin. The advantage of using Scrypt as opposed to the Proof of Work algorithm employed by BitCoin is that it allows a much wider and fairer participation on the mining of coins. GPU hardware is widely available of the shelf and there is no exclusive pricing to acquire them.

Premines and Genesis Block

A new genesis block will be created that is unique for this coin. This is essential to ensure the security of this coin’s block chain. There will be no-premining performed on release of the coin. Furthermore, the difficulty will be set appropriately so that early adopters are unable to mine coins with next to zero difficulty.

Fast Transactions

A new ZenithCoin block is created every 2.5 minutes. That is the same as Litecoin and 4 times more frequent than Bitcoin. This is to be interpreted that there is 1 confirmation every 2.5 minutes. The standard today for confirmation prior to transfer is 6 confirmation, so on average it will take 15 minutes to completely transfer coins.

Difficulty Retarget

The difficulty retarget block is every 9 blocks using a Finite Impulse Response (FIR) filter.

Coin Generation Subsidy

With ZenithCoin 24 coins are created per block. Due to the faster block rate, 96 coins are created every 10 minutes. The total number of coins is targeted to be 42 million coins. This is twice that of Bitcoin. The coin subsidy rate will be halved every 420,000 blocks.

Miners are subsidized with 12 coins per block. Due to the faster block rate, 48 coins can be generated every 10 minutes. This is very similar to BitCoin’s initial block rate of 50 coins per 10 minutes. Another 12 coins per block will allocated to subsidize the ongoing maintenance and development of ZenithCoin.

Official thread  - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-zenithcoin-ztc-market-making-sustainable-crypto-currency-219644

Activity: 182
I keep getting logged out are you getting ddos
Owner of Poloniex
Okay, lag has been solved for now, and should be much easier to address in the future.

We have more users every day -- just hit 325. Come trade with us!

About the Balances page getting crowded, what does everyone think about that? Does it need to be collapsed, or do you like the openness?
Owner of Poloniex
Would you also add Metiscoin (MTC)?  Grin

That is the next coin on the list, but I am attempting to address lag issues first.
Activity: 518
Would you also add Metiscoin (MTC)?  Grin
Owner of Poloniex
Whole site is broken, both chrome and internet explorer.
- Not showing orderbook.
- Cannot cancel order

Temporary glitch. Fixed now, but site is still lagging.
Activity: 140
Whole site is broken, both chrome and internet explorer.
- Not showing orderbook.
- Cannot cancel order
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
withdrawals are not working?

Edit: Working. I made a mistake  Tongue
Is it important that the currency pair appear in the address bar, or do you just want a way to link to a specific market?

It was mainly about having a way to link directly to a market (or save it in bookmarks).

Okay, you can now use this format to link to a specific market:

https://poloniex.com/market?currencyPair=BTC_GLB

Thanks!

Is it maybe also possible to change something in the balances page? It is getting really crowded. Maybe that you have to click to see the details for a specific coin?
Owner of Poloniex
Is it important that the currency pair appear in the address bar, or do you just want a way to link to a specific market?

It was mainly about having a way to link directly to a market (or save it in bookmarks).

Okay, you can now use this format to link to a specific market:

https://poloniex.com/market?currencyPair=BTC_GLB
Owner of Poloniex
the cancel auction button doesn't work for me

Try refreshing the page and making sure you're still logged in. Recent actions to deal with the DDOS may have logged you out, and you wouldn't be able to tell unless you refreshed or visited the Balances page.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
the cancel auction button doesn't work for me

Owner of Poloniex
It seems that Poloniex is being DDOSed. It should be responding fine now, but please let me know if any of you cannot connect to the website.
Jump to: