Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 308. (Read 1192000 times)

mez
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
You obviously don't understand how Komodo mining works.  Around 75% of the blocks go to notary nodes.  The rest of your speculation was based off of this "huge miner" hypothesis therefore doesn't need addressed

if thats the case i'd like to know more about this.
Could you share some more information about notary nodes?

https://steemit.com/komodo/@komodoplatform/notary-node-elections
https://forum.supernet.org/t/what-is-round-robin-mining-is-a-51-attack-on-komodo-possible/105

thank you =)
The implied hashrate is about 4x the real one due to the notary mining. Now it is true that if a majority of notaries get compromised, then a lot of blocks can be controlled by whoever does such an extraordinary thing. However, there is still the normal mining that is getting enough blocks to make an attack highly risky since it is very hard to control who wins the next block.

It is a unique system and the existing tools dont quite measure all the relevant aspects appropriately.

If you have any attack vectors you think would work against this bi-modal system, please let us know. To our knowledge it is quite secure, especially since once a notarization appears on the bitcoin chain, all prior blocks to that are locked in. That limits the timeframe for any attack to be the time to the next notarization, which is about every 10 blocks.

Contrary to your initial claim that KMD network is insecure, I claim the total opposite. I claim that the KMD network is much much more secure than its hashrate alone would indicate and with the appropriate delay for the notarization, that its security is at the level of BTC

Also your fears that it is one person is quite impossible as the notary mining is split across all the notaries and the total volume of mined KMD per day is 4320 KMD. Today's trading volume: over 10 million.

That is 2314 days worth of mined KMD... But KMD is only been mined for about a year.

thank you for the clarification.
The links also clarified a lot. I wasn't aware of this system and how it exactly worked.
In light of this I retract my previous post.
Activity: 383
Merit: 252
The swap platform is confusing the hell out of me. Ive downloaded the agama wallet, but how do I import my coins from my private key where I swapped the bitcoin dark? I open agama but my coins don't show up https://kmd.explorer.supernet.org/address/RJ7tcpBK5LWrpMLLeFjGYkce3n1Smiv4Xe

Select Basilisk mode and kmd coin
Enter pass phrase for your address
If coins are not visible in gui  go to basilisk actions and clear cache and refresh wallet.
Make sure to have most recent version of agama
Activity: 476
Merit: 133
You obviously don't understand how Komodo mining works.  Around 75% of the blocks go to notary nodes.  The rest of your speculation was based off of this "huge miner" hypothesis therefore doesn't need addressed

https://forum.supernet.org/t/what-is-round-robin-mining-is-a-51-attack-on-komodo-possible/105

thank you =)
The implied hashrate is about 4x the real one due to the notary mining. Now it is true that if a majority of notaries get compromised, then a lot of blocks can be controlled by whoever does such an extraordinary thing. However, there is still the normal mining that is getting enough blocks to make an attack highly risky since it is very hard to control who wins the next block.

It is a unique system and the existing tools dont quite measure all the relevant aspects appropriately.

If you have any attack vectors you think would work against this bi-modal system, please let us know. To our knowledge it is quite secure, especially since once a notarization appears on the bitcoin chain, all prior blocks to that are locked in. That limits the timeframe for any attack to be the time to the next notarization, which is about every 10 blocks.

Contrary to your initial claim that KMD network is insecure, I claim the total opposite. I claim that the KMD network is much much more secure than its hashrate alone would indicate and with the appropriate delay for the notarization, that its security is at the level of BTC

Also your fears that it is one person is quite impossible as the notary mining is split across all the notaries and the total volume of mined KMD per day is 4320 KMD. Today's trading volume: over 10 million.

That is 2314 days worth of mined KMD... But KMD is only been mined for about a year.
mez

thank you =)
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
How do i receive/Claim komodo interest ?  Undecided

These info seems to be nowhere...
Activity: 282
Merit: 260
Ranking 28.Approaching to a new ATH

As seen below, I have been waiting for Komodo (KMD) to have a higher Mkt. Cap than Bytecoin (BCN) since June.  Is this run up the one, folks?   Kiss

Praying heavy-hitters had their eyes on Komodo and were waiting for a good chance to get in.  If/When folks get anxious and fill up the Sell order-book, all we need is for the whales to pick 'em up fast at these price levels.  If it just so happens that KMD goes counter-Market-trend here, moon!   Kiss
What price should kmd be at to be on moon? Btc is already above $25k but people still waiting it to move to moon. If kmd reach there,it would still be expected to go further.

moon == higher Mkt. Cap than Bytecoin  

Well, something along those lines give or take!   Smiley

Crossing fingers Grin.Maybe in 5 days they will announce a ETA for Pangea poker via Lightning,who knows  Grin
Activity: 518
Merit: 251
Hello. Bye.
The swap platform is confusing the hell out of me. Ive downloaded the agama wallet, but how do I import my coins from my private key where I swapped the bitcoin dark? I open agama but my coins don't show up https://kmd.explorer.supernet.org/address/RJ7tcpBK5LWrpMLLeFjGYkce3n1Smiv4Xe
Activity: 210
Without Risk there is no Success - jravago.com
Nice price. How can I claim KMD?
the website seems to be down? Can't access https://komodoplatform.com/ says

"You have been banned from this site.

If you think there has been a mistake, please contact the administrator via proxy server."

Probably cloudflare try from a different browser and/or proxy
Komodo interested me. But what is most special future of Komodo?

Partial list of features:

5% a year coin generation that everyone can take part in equally and not limited to people with the hardware to mine or large enough supply to be staked

Additional security provided by notarizations to Bitcoin blockchain

Advanced privacy with a fully decentralized coin tumbler that uses zkSnarks and coin mixing techniques with no 3rd party involved

Cross chain decentralized exchange

Spawn a new blockchain from commandline

Pegged fiat assets - the convienence of Blockchain tech to transfer fiat value and maintain its fiat price

And soon enough poker betting and very possibly the worlds first real world Lightning Network application .
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
the website seems to be down? Can't access https://komodoplatform.com/ says

"You have been banned from this site.

If you think there has been a mistake, please contact the administrator via proxy server."
Activity: 476
Komodo interested me. But what is most special future of Komodo?
Ranking 28.Approaching to a new ATH
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
what's the average time for a Komodo transaction? When i send kmd from agama to cryptopia it takes quite a lot

mez
You obviously don't understand how Komodo mining works.  Around 75% of the blocks go to notary nodes.  The rest of your speculation was based off of this "huge miner" hypothesis therefore doesn't need addressed

It is necessary to claim the interests in the swing wallet or are added automatically to the balance?

You need to send a tx to claim interest
whether today is a birthday KOMODO ? if it is true today's birthday KOMODO , the gift is surprising to the users KOMODO , the price is up + 65% from yesterday.
Maybe the party starts from last night hopefully I do not miss this party.

its because there has been a HUGE solo miner for ages now.
Currently it appears that person is only pumping the price to dump all their mined komodo.

If you look at net hash now, you can clearly see what i'm talking about.
6msol, while all public pools together not even reach 1msol.

Great centralization, the "big" announcement wont do anything about this.
So no mather how big the announcement will be, komodo is fucked when it comes to network security.

That seems far fetched.

Explain why its far fetched?
If you use your common sense you can see it clearly.
just look at the data out there... compare pools. add it all up and come to the same conclusion..
I have seen this pattern for a long time now. I myself have a decent farm of ~15ksol@~10kwh. But the magnitude of what I'm talking about is of the scale.
It could be actors like genesis mining but thats just as bad as a private miner.

A large miner like this controls price since 90% of all generated coins go to this person. If they don't sell price goes up, if they sell, price goes down.
They also hold the power to manipulate transactions. It's kinda like discusfish back in the day (you know, flypool) they eventually opened up to level the play field.
So should this miner, either spread the hashrate over different actors or open up your own pool.
Preferable the first option, since the second really doesn't change a thing except it adds a little transparency.

I'm scared of the possible implications this can have for a broader acceptance of KMD.
Don't get me wrong, I would also like the project to succeed.
If you have other views, please do share them with a little bit more then just
"that seems far fetched"

Go make shit up elsewhere troll or show some proof that one person is pumping the price.

Very nice of you to call someone with a legitimate concern a troll.
The proof is out there, you can see it yourself.

Hashrate is suspicious so its the 60% increase.
It didn't happen because of some crazy "big announcement" announcement, crypto people are way more sceptical...
Try to be constructive please, the only one trolling right now is you.

You obviously don't understand how Komodo mining works.  Around 75% of the blocks go to notary nodes.  The rest of your speculation was based off of this "huge miner" hypothesis therefore doesn't need addressed.

Around 7 million coins were produced this year. ~5mil from claiming interest ~2 from mining .  Of the mining rewards 3/4 went to notaries. There are 64 notaries  so each receives about 23k kmd.

Additional to this split mining system is our dpow system which acts as a checkpoint system.

It is necessary to claim the interests in the swing wallet or are added automatically to the balance?
Jump to: