Author

Topic: [ANN][MOON] Mooncoin: You know where it's headed! KGW exploit FIXED 4/3/2014 - page 283. (Read 1106887 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
That's exactly what happened to me. Thank you for your detailed post. I couldn't bother to go into such great details since I'm quite gutted that I lost my 10 mil. Hope you get to the bottom of this. I have great suspicion on that official wallet download.

All my 74 million mooncoins got stolen. Obviously there are some malicious commands in the IRC network command and control.

http://moonchain.info/tx/97a301bac24644bd73c5a191f8068c473d7d266480482efb73b78025db7a8b0f#i179

Good job Mooncoin developer, I am professional reverse engineer and former Professional Anti-Malware analyst and I can be quite sure that I have no malware on my PC.

So it has to be either:
1. Exploit in the way mooncoin handles transactions via the IRC (Haven't digged deep enough on the internals yet, using IDA (asm x86) not reading stupid source code)
2. Bad Wallet, which I checked it's identical to the one on the website.
3. My PC is infected, which I doubt since I just reinstalled it and all anti-virus programs are running.

I will report this to my colleagues in the anti-malware corporations (Yes the big ones) and we will do full analysis of the "wallet" and IRC networks.
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
Mooncoin has been added on our exchange market
enjoy new, fast & safe trading on www.coins2themoon.com

also we added:
SaturnCoin
FedoraCoin - Tips

Awesome +1      might soon be added at coins-e as well !! Cheesy

To the moon Cheesy remmember to share the moon love with the new people if you hold many moon Wink
Activity: 12
All my 74 million mooncoins got stolen. Obviously there are some malicious commands in the IRC network command and control.

http://moonchain.info/tx/97a301bac24644bd73c5a191f8068c473d7d266480482efb73b78025db7a8b0f#i179

Good job Mooncoin developer, I am professional reverse engineer and former Professional Anti-Malware analyst and I can be quite sure that I have no malware on my PC.

So it has to be either:
1. Exploit in the way mooncoin handles transactions via the IRC (Haven't digged deep enough on the internals yet, using IDA (asm x86) not reading stupid source code)
3. My PC is infected, which I doubt since I just reinstalled it and all anti-virus programs are running.

I will report this to my colleagues in the anti-malware corporations (Yes the big ones) and we will do full analysis of the "wallet" and IRC networks.

lol, wow, your credentials are impeccable.  "Professional reverse engineer", outstanding /sarcasm.  
It's quite obvious that many people here know about these things. Otherwise you wouldn't be talking such horse crap. Look at the wallets where the money went, not single times used. Made for stealing purposes.
Activity: 33

So it has to be either:

lol, wow, your credentials are impeccable.  "Professional reverse engineer", outstanding /sarcasm.  
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
What do you think Mooncoin will be in month/two? I guess it can go above 20 satoshis...
Activity: 56
Mooncoin has been added on our exchange market
enjoy new, fast & safe trading on www.coins2themoon.com

also we added:
SaturnCoin
FedoraCoin - Tips

https://i.imgur.com/iJPfDay.jpg
Activity: 224
Merit: 250
if you want to skyrocket, stop dumping at 13 Cheesy
Activity: 12

So it has to be either:

Activity: 350
I would say you should give everyone 3 days to get a new client. Be realistic with the block aim too, Spots set their hard fork about 3 months in the future due to an unrealistic block rate expectation.

Agreed. This is vital and needed asap!

I am really, really trying to compile the Windows Qt wallet myself... I've got Qt 4.8.5 compiling right now.

The new headless mooncoind.exe for Windows and Linux compiles clean.

I have an OSX VMware image but I'll be damned if I know where to begin with that thing...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/maxpower-110572

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-the-definitive-list-of-mac-altcoin-wallets-216672

maybe this helps I have a read through as well, i asked the guy who managed to get it tow ork if he wants to help out.
I would say you should give everyone 3 days to get a new client. Be realistic with the block aim too, Spots set their hard fork about 3 months in the future due to an unrealistic block rate expectation.

I am really, really trying to compile the Windows Qt wallet myself... I've got Qt 4.8.5 compiling right now.

I have an OSX VMware image but I'll be damned if I know where to begin with that thing...

Thanks for working hard dev, I hope you can get this done. Do you reckon you can make it work. Why not use a bounty to get someone in to do the osx version.
I can try finding someone from other communities to see if anybody can help out.
What else needs to be done once that is fixed?

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Nice work GambitBTC, twitter followed and will deffo tip if i manage to get in on the next one lol
coinmarketcap only coin that is gone up 73% let this one be remembered Smiley

Thank you guys, i hope you guys made a little bit back of what u potentially lost from the crash these last few weeks.

Keep watching my twitter to see the next time this fuckers gonna skyrocket

Stay Proper Gentlemen

Thanks!!
Activity: 476
Nice work GambitBTC, twitter followed and will deffo tip if i manage to get in on the next one lol

Thank you guys, i hope you guys made a little bit back of what u potentially lost from the crash these last few weeks.

Keep watching my twitter to see the next time this fuckers gonna skyrocket

Stay Proper Gentlemen
Looks like I got out at the high of the pump. I wouldn't mind it going back down to the previous low Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000
are you watching the bid/ask on cryptsy? The manipulation is awesome  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 138

Ok guys i got it to where i wanted it, may be time to slow things down a little bit, don't want to create to much panic.

For the announcement on my next MOON pump follow me on twitter at twitter.com/GambitBTC

Tips are always appreciated for my pumps and i hope everyone had a nice day in the market thats been so harsh as of late.

MOON: 2GTZwNzzQsVc7vPiRbecBsgosDrsZuHQuw

Stay proper gentlemen, and stay hungry.

Why don't we continue it a bit more?

Cant get greedy mate, took it from 11-16 in under 45 mins

Trust me when i say Im in this coin for the long run, and am only playing with a mere fraction of the moon that i hold.

We are gonna hit it again sooner than u think my man, just be patient, and try not to miss the next ride Smiley

Sold at 16, going to buy back in once pump ends.
Activity: 138
Also out of the game after losing 10 mil, not by choice, but by bad wallet download from official link. Keeping coins in an exchange is a good idea. If we can't trust devs with our wallet who can we trust?

You did not download an infected wallet from the official link.
Activity: 476
Stop holding it at 16 guys...let's reach 30

Cant get to greedy my bro, its not like that

To push a coin another 50% like that would be damn hard

Again i emphasize patience
Jump to: