Pages:
Author

Topic: [Announcement] Avalon ASIC Development Status [Batch #1] - page 38. (Read 155318 times)

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
EMS is my preference as well...
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
i prefer EMS in my country. i remember DHL to charge a high fee at customs.
Can we choose please?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1002
update.

Shipping. We at Avalon understands the some what unreliableness of EMS in certain countries, to address this issue, all existing and future orders will be shipped out via DHL at no additional charge. This will ensure timely delivery of our products.

one up for avalon +1. your competitors charge extra for DHL.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
Yep in some countries there can be different customs, as for courier services like DHL the price for shipping is added to the customs. EMS is taken as the post service and the shipping via post is deducted from the base for the customs.
The best way should be to add some switch to the shop to choose prefered shipping service.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
update.

Shipping. We at Avalon understands the some what unreliableness of EMS in certain countries, to address this issue, all existing and future orders will be shipped out via DHL at no additional charge. This will ensure timely delivery of our products.

Awesome!  That should save me a week off my delivery wait time, if not more.
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team
For Russia DHL is absolutely unacceptable.
1. DHL doesn't deliver the goods to Russia for individuals. The exception is made for some online shops which have the direct contract relations with DHL.
2. For DHL of 30% duty is raised, if cost (including delivery cost) of the goods exceeds 200 euro/month. For EMS this threshold is 1000 euro/month (tax = 0.3 * (cost - threshold)).
3. Procedure of customs cleaning is more difficult for DHL and offen demands services of the customs broker. In case of EMS customs cleaning is strongly simplified.

I understand that EMS can deliver the goods not so quickly, but DHL this bigger evil for Russia.

Please take in account that info, when you will be shipping in Russia.

Thank you for bring this to our attention, for now all orders are defaulted to DHL which has the fastest average shipping time to ensure timely delivery. We of course, will also listen to customers who wishes to use EMS instead due to various reasons, not to mention it is in fact cheaper for us to ship via EMS.
Activity: 798
update.

For Russia DHL is absolutely unacceptable.
1. DHL doesn't deliver the goods to Russia for individuals. The exception is made for some online shops which have the direct contract relations with DHL.
2. For DHL of 30% duty is raised, if cost (including delivery cost) of the goods exceeds 200 euro/month. For EMS this threshold is 1000 euro/month (tax = 0.3 * (cost - threshold)).
3. Procedure of customs cleaning is more difficult for DHL and offen demands services of the customs broker. In case of EMS customs cleaning is strongly simplified.

I understand that EMS can deliver the goods not so quickly, but DHL this bigger evil for Russia.

Please take in account that info, when you will be shipping in Russia.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Can't believe I missed this thread. Glad to see more competition in the ASIC market!
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
Activity: 336
Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team
update.

Activity: 330
Merit: 250
Any photos? website?
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
No worries mate. I am beyond sleepy too. Wink
legendary
Activity: 952
I'm bad at this. I'm also tired. I think I'll shut up now.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1400
I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...
Code:
Chip Specification
Technology Summary:

Packaged Chip Size: 7 mm x 7 mm
?

That would be the fully packaged chip size. The die size would be a fraction of that in ex. 5x5mm or so.
legendary
Code:
Chip Specification
Technology Summary:

Packaged Chip Size: 7 mm x 7 mm
?
legendary
They've admitted to using a larger die size than their competitors.
Link?  I haven't seen anything from them regarding die size, but I haven't been following too closely.

I'm also worried by their refusal to say how many chips are in the 60GH/s device.  I count at least five people asking in this thread and still no answer.

Dude, he listed that information in the very first post of this thread: 110nm.

Code:
Chip Specification
Technology Summary:
    TSMC 0.11- micron G process

He has previously posted that they would be using either 110nm or 130nm, but confirmed the details here.
Die size isn't the process node, it's how physically large the die is. IE, 5mmx5mm or 25mm^2, something like that.
My bad. /facepalm
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Link?  I haven't seen anything from them regarding die size, but I haven't been following too closely.

I'm also worried by their refusal to say how many chips are in the 60GH/s device.  I count at least five people asking in this thread and still no answer.

Code:
Chip Specification
Technology Summary:

He has previously posted that they would be using either 110nm or 130nm, but confirmed the details here.
Die size isn't the process node, it's how physically large the die is. IE, 5mmx5mm or 25mm^2, something like that.
legendary

Code:
Chip Specification
Technology Summary:

donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
felonious vagrancy, personified

staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
No one knows if they are ready because no one has a working asic to test.
The BFL singles had issues with pools and clients when they first came out. They still don't work well with p2pool because of how the bitstream works.
It's quite easy (two lines changed or so) to modify pool software to accept 'difficulty 0' shares, and a regular cpu miner to consider every attempt a winner.. by doing this you can produce rates enormously faster than any asic.  If you're board its only a few more lines changed to fork testnet or bitcoin and mine a bunch of fake blocks to test the whole system. 

There may be some burps in practice but you can certainly get some reasonable testing in.
Pages:
Jump to: