Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][QBC] Québecoin - X11 - DGW - (BITTREX) - Win/Mac/Linux Wallets - New - page 18. (Read 161843 times)

copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 100

I think QBC needs more direct mining hash to secure it. If we can find some use of QBC, eg buying syrup with it, then the price of QBC will rise, that, in turn, will attract more hashing to secure the coin.

So, the first priority is the usage of the coin.

I'll sell you Maple syrup for Quebecoin. I'll even let you pay the shipping fees in Québecoin. Give me a PM - let make this first priority a thing.  Grin

I had some syrup two years ago in Quebec. It is too sweet for me.

If you can accept QBC for syrup, that would do enormous favour to the QBC community.

JP said he's got a buddy with an érablière (sugarbush/maplefactory?). I too have a familly member who has one, and another close relative that would love to open one on his father's property.

I'm taking notes, but as of right now there wouldn't be enough demand to make this a priority really... Syrup is expensive and heavy to ship.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

I think QBC needs more direct mining hash to secure it. If we can find some use of QBC, eg buying syrup with it, then the price of QBC will rise, that, in turn, will attract more hashing to secure the coin.

I'll sell you Maple syrup for Quebecoin. I'll even let you pay the shipping fees in Québecoin. Give me a PM - let make this first priority a thing.  Grin

I had some syrup two years ago in Quebec. It is too sweet for me.

If you can accept QBC for syrup, that would do enormous favour to the QBC community.
copper member
I realize you (and some here) have a different sort of timescale in mind than most in the cryptoworld is used to, but delay too long and the coin will be perceived as dead. And at that point, it may not matter a whole lot what you do.

What's your definition of a "dead" coin anyway? And who would perceive it as dead?

I think you're still overlooking the point here. The ONLY way this coin would "DIE" was if the internet as we know it died. But then again, I'm sure we would work around that in a record time.

I'll sell you Maple syrup for Quebecoin. I'll even let you pay the shipping fees in Québecoin. Give me a PM - let make this first priority a thing.  Grin
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Is the purpose of multipool to mine other coins and pay out with QBC? That process could increase the value of QBC.

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

Sorta back will do, because I sorta never actually left. In the background = I would love a simultaneous release of the QBC multipool + Android wallet with a pre-announcement to generate some hype. The android wallet like I said is hard work, I'm looking into getting some assistance right now from someone better with android development than me (which is not too hard). Those are my two main focuses. The premine is encrypted and secured but not locked up in a provably secure way. But for the moment it doesn't really matter, even if I was evil (which I'm not), I wouldn't ever be tempted to dump the premine (especially not with such low market volume).

So the plan is this. Get Android Wallet + Multipool ready (simultaneous release) ------> Lock up premine 100% securely away from the control of one person -----> Multipool + Android Wallet launch.

That way the premine is locked up before QBC gets boosted up in price.

It's not a terrible plan to release both the android wallet + multipool at the same time, but if the wallet proves an insane hassle, I'd say just go for multipool + premine lockup. I have little concerns about the premine currently, as obviously there is nowhere to sell to even if you wanted. But it's something that could influence price and calm fears a bit amongst some.

I realize you (and some here) have a different sort of timescale in mind than most in the cryptoworld is used to, but delay too long and the coin will be perceived as dead. And at that point, it may not matter a whole lot what you do.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
cool...now that you posted a pic...feel free to NOT reply for another 2 weeks...

Roll Eyes

I said the same thing last time, I'm not disappearing, there's just more stuff to do in the background than on the forums. People were suggesting to keep posting so the thread rises to the top but for the moment there's no new developments (yet). I'll try to be more active but I'd rather show up with good news than simply chitchat so that people don't think I ran away. I haven't gone anywhere.

Glad to see you back... or sorta back, I guess.

My questions are, what are you doing in the background? Is the premine locked up? What are the plans for the local giveaways?

Android wallet is fine and all, but do you really think it matters a great deal at the moment?

Sorta back will do, because I sorta never actually left. In the background = I would love a simultaneous release of the QBC multipool + Android wallet with a pre-announcement to generate some hype. The android wallet like I said is hard work, I'm looking into getting some assistance right now from someone better with android development than me (which is not too hard). Those are my two main focuses. The premine is encrypted and secured but not locked up in a provably secure way. But for the moment it doesn't really matter, even if I was evil (which I'm not), I wouldn't ever be tempted to dump the premine (especially not with such low market volume).

So the plan is this. Get Android Wallet + Multipool ready (simultaneous release) ------> Lock up premine 100% securely away from the control of one person -----> Multipool + Android Wallet launch.

That way the premine is locked up before QBC gets boosted up in price.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
cool...now that you posted a pic...feel free to NOT reply for another 2 weeks...

Roll Eyes

I said the same thing last time, I'm not disappearing, there's just more stuff to do in the background than on the forums. People were suggesting to keep posting so the thread rises to the top but for the moment there's no new developments (yet). I'll try to be more active but I'd rather show up with good news than simply chitchat so that people don't think I ran away. I haven't gone anywhere.

Glad to see you back... or sorta back, I guess.

My questions are, what are you doing in the background? Is the premine locked up? What are the plans for the local giveaways?

Android wallet is fine and all, but do you really think it matters a great deal at the moment?

Roll Eyes

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

Roll Eyes
Still not a scam guys ... There are no X11 coins with Android wallets currently, everything needs to be ported to Java.

edit: I'm not the one doing the shipping on these cans so forgive the delay, I've got a friend with an Érablière (maple plantation where you produce maple syrup)
copper member
We literally have 10 before this project is up and operational. 10 god damn years. 3,693 days, 88632 hours. We're almost done with day #34, 816 hours. 0.92% there.

Just thinking about the advancement of the past 10 years...

Activity: 87
Circonference.ca
Do you think it is in good hands?

This is crypto not bank. Anybody can see the IPO and pre-mine staying put. It's kind of a useless question. Bernie Madoff would have had a hard time doing what he did for decades if people could freely see into his bank account 24/7! You have all the tools to keep someone accountable, whether they are communicative or not. If you do not believe in QBC and do not care about the multi-year distribution plan, could you sell me your QBC and GTFO?

Also, I suggest you switch mining to Hashcoin, it has an animated logo Smiley

Cordially,
Marie-Lynn
Activity: 280
Totally agree, it's what I said in my post, one dev is not enough !!!

I don't think this is going to be an issue long-term. I am ordering Quebecoin promotional material to give out when I go to developer events. I am learning a great deal watching this thread about the expectations of early adopters and I will keep that in mind when we launch our own coin. I do not think that it's a core developer's job to chit chat with people on Bitcointalk, it's the same kind of erosive expectation people have from book authors, spending all this time doing stupid interviews, events, blogging and tweeting. Bleh! Maybe I am influenced by my career as an I.T. project manager where I saw how forum participation kills developer attention span.

What I will do though is contact JP again and ask him how I can help him with communication and PR. Perhaps through a weekly update. I already asked him for a in person meeting and will hold him to it Smiley

I will follow-up.

Marie-Lynn

Your analogy with the book author would be a little off from the truth. Unlike a book author who puts his book out and then doesn't need to look back, this is a coin with a 50% premine. What that means is that the coin cannot grow in value unless the people as a whole are confident that it is in good hands. Do you think it is in good hands?
Activity: 269
All I see is a dev working on a required wallet and DGW3 update with very little help from outside

This is the kind of blindness that will never get this coin forked or take the coin higher.A lot of people here are just not seeing things objectively here. There are too many people here with "hope" and manga eyes looking up at JP. But hope is also time consuming. And I'm certain that if JP comes here tomorrow and says "Hi, working on the wallet, bye", that internal clock gets reset and we're on this loop again.

The question is not whether he's coming back or not. The real question is why you are shutting out logic and giving him credibility. Why this biased selectivity in picking out positive traits and ignoring the negative ones? Why is his absence being correlated with working on the wallet and the new DGW? The simcoin dev was able to collect over 100 BTC without even an escrow and is working on something completely from scratch from the ground up. Even he finds time to come once a day and respond to legitimate question. JP's work in inplementing DGW3 is a fraction of that. So yes, I find it difficult to give this fellow my credibility. I have provided a reason. If you could do the same and provide an argument that is in support of his credibility, I (and many others I assume) would be happy to consider it.

But if all you have is hope, faith, fingers crossed and chest thumpings, then I'm sorry.... I don't think you can be reasoned out of your beliefs, just like a religious fanatic cannot be reasoned out of his beliefs.

Well said...

This coin needs someone to be here and represent...answer questions, calm fears, reassure miners and investors alike....

As a miner I am particularly unsettled as per the lack of communication here.
I keep mining hoping for the best, but I have no idea if someone is actually even giving energy to this project any more.
Circonference.ca
All I see is a dev working on a required wallet and DGW3 update with very little help from outside
If you could do the same and provide an argument that is in support of his credibility, I (and many others I assume) would be happy to consider it.

I have no hope and no faith in 95% of alt coins. However some of the ones I know to be scams are making their investors, developers and pumpers and dumpers money.  It's a speculative bubble where everybody and their cousin is launching a coin everyday (actually more than one coin come out everyday now.) It really doesn't make a difference if there is zero value in most alt coins. There is value in alt coins as a huge decentralized research and development project. The time I invest in learning the ins and outs of this world has been causing me to say goodbye to thousands of dollars in time opportunity I can't sell for development work.

To answer your question: I am one of the intended users of this currency because I live in Quebec and I do not care about the 650 QBC I own because I will likely give them all away anyway. Even if QBC reached the Darkcoin price it would still not be a decent payout for the time investment, I have and will be putting into QBC. It is not a get rich quick scheme, it is a long-term project.

Sorry if I cannot be sorry about your bag of QBC. I will buy them from you, just send me a quote.

Marie-Lynn
Circonference.ca

I don't think this is going to be an issue long-term. I am ordering Quebecoin promotional material to give out when I go to developer events. I am learning a great deal watching this thread about the expectations of early adopters and I will keep that in mind when we launch our own coin. I do not think that it's a core developer's job to chit chat with people on Bitcointalk, it's the same kind of erosive expectation people have from book authors, spending all this time doing stupid interviews, events, blogging and tweeting. Bleh! Maybe I am influenced by my career as an I.T. project manager where I saw how forum participation kills developer attention span.

What I will do though is contact JP again and ask him how I can help him with communication and PR. Perhaps through a weekly update. I already asked him for a in person meeting and will hold him to it Smiley

I will follow-up.

Marie-Lynn
Activity: 280

This is the kind of blindness that will never get this coin forked or take the coin higher.A lot of people here are just not seeing things objectively here. There are too many people here with "hope" and manga eyes looking up at JP. But hope is also time consuming. And I'm certain that if JP comes here tomorrow and says "Hi, working on the wallet, bye", that internal clock gets reset and we're on this loop again.

The question is not whether he's coming back or not. The real question is why you are shutting out logic and giving him credibility. Why this biased selectivity in picking out positive traits and ignoring the negative ones? Why is his absence being correlated with working on the wallet and the new DGW? The simcoin dev was able to collect over 100 BTC without even an escrow and is working on something completely from scratch from the ground up. Even he finds time to come once a day and respond to legitimate question. JP's work in inplementing DGW3 is a fraction of that. So yes, I find it difficult to give this fellow my credibility. I have provided a reason. If you could do the same and provide an argument that is in support of his credibility, I (and many others I assume) would be happy to consider it.

But if all you have is hope, faith, fingers crossed and chest thumpings, then I'm sorry.... I don't think you can be reasoned out of your beliefs, just like a religious fanatic cannot be reasoned out of his beliefs.
Activity: 103
If you have no new, it's always possible to fork the currency, there is a large community on this project.

What do you mean there is a large community on this project? All I see is a dev working on a required wallet and DGW3 update with very little help from outside and a bunch of butthurt people on the forums making maple syrup jokes. There are about 20 people in the community and it will be eroded by the fact that there is a new X11 coin coming out every single day.

There is a slow burn-in plan for this currency which was freely shared at the beginning of the project. This slow plan is EXACTLY right for the rate of technology adoption we have in our little North American cultural bubble. There is nothing going on to indicate missaproriation of IPO funds or flooding of the market with huge amounts of mystery coins. There is no effort to manipulate the currency for pump and dump purposes. We have access to this information and can monitor it 24/7. Whatever the fuck do you want more?!

I study 650 currencies actively and most are scams from the start or doomed to fail because of qualitative and technological reasons. I am just as interested in why they fail as why some seem to be succeeding right now. QBC has one developer. That is the biggest danger for the currency in the medium term. The medium term is right now until this Fall. Right now, the biggest organic success I see is Darkcoin (DRK) and X11 coins may just be the only coins one can mine this summer. Remember, this summer is the first summer of massive home coin mining ever. This will change the landscape yet again.

I do not have a cynical one liner to convey the complexity of the alt coin mining and speculative market but maybe...

The business as usual activities of all the fraudulent currencies coming out everyday are skewing the perceptions of people who do not have access to more than 48 hours of memory.

Marie-Lynn
http://circonfrence.ca

One dev is not enough, i agree with that, but we can`t takeover the coin without JP`s approval, it`s just unfair to do that. It`s his project and his work and we have to appreciate that.

I agree and hope JP will be ok with that.
Activity: 140
If you have no new, it's always possible to fork the currency, there is a large community on this project.

What do you mean there is a large community on this project? All I see is a dev working on a required wallet and DGW3 update with very little help from outside and a bunch of butthurt people on the forums making maple syrup jokes. There are about 20 people in the community and it will be eroded by the fact that there is a new X11 coin coming out every single day.

There is a slow burn-in plan for this currency which was freely shared at the beginning of the project. This slow plan is EXACTLY right for the rate of technology adoption we have in our little North American cultural bubble. There is nothing going on to indicate missaproriation of IPO funds or flooding of the market with huge amounts of mystery coins. There is no effort to manipulate the currency for pump and dump purposes. We have access to this information and can monitor it 24/7. Whatever the fuck do you want more?!

I study 650 currencies actively and most are scams from the start or doomed to fail because of qualitative and technological reasons. I am just as interested in why they fail as why some seem to be succeeding right now. QBC has one developer. That is the biggest danger for the currency in the medium term. The medium term is right now until this Fall. Right now, the biggest organic success I see is Darkcoin (DRK) and X11 coins may just be the only coins one can mine this summer. Remember, this summer is the first summer of massive home coin mining ever. This will change the landscape yet again.

I do not have a cynical one liner to convey the complexity of the alt coin mining and speculative market but maybe...

The business as usual activities of all the fraudulent currencies coming out everyday are skewing the perceptions of people who do not have access to more than 48 hours of memory.

Marie-Lynn
http://circonfrence.ca

One dev is not enough, i agree with that, but we can`t takeover the coin without JP`s approval, it`s just unfair to do that. It`s his project and his work and we have to appreciate that.
Activity: 140
The premine is still safe and untouched and so it will remain. I`ll post again the transaction link for everybody to see that the amount is untouched and everybody should keep calm and mine or trade QBC, or both. We are all waiting for JP to come, i still have patience, but i don`t know for how long:)
Here is the transanction link with the premine amount.

http://cryptexplorer.com/tx/8d187425647c6f307df5d0f59638ed61917695bb0236cfffb9fa25eb9bde8106#i0

Keep calm, and don`t forget maple syrup has lots of calories and lots of sugar and it`s not good for our weight:)
Pages:
Jump to: