Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]REDDITCOIN[RDC][SCRYPT][KGW][IPO] LAUNCH 03/13/2014 ! GET IN FAST ! - page 9. (Read 30276 times)

sq
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
REDDITCOIN was added to AltCoinCalendar.info.

Check Coin Countdown

if you like our work donations are welcome.

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
Don't miss any coin release at altCoinCalendar.info
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Another failure similar to Conye on the horizon.
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
Activity: 98
To The Moon!
Does this IPO have an escrow service?
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
WARNING ----watch out guys---- this has stackcoin scam written ALL OVER IT...
you were warned...
Activity: 266
Activity: 12
Aside from the fact that it's using a copyrighted name & logo (which Yishan is all over already!), this is the biggest scam I've seen.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this like the plague, don't invest any BTC in the (I'm not pre-mining, yet I have to for the IPO?!?!?) so-called IPO and don't waste your time mining it as it will be shut down anyway.

Terrible idea...
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
Well one way to fight back is to shut down any subreddits that try to open up in connection with the coin.

It will be nigh impossible for a coin to set up shop without building a grassroots community, and the defacto place for coins to do that is Reddit.

Also, it will be a nuclear strike against "Redditcoin" that it should be called "Redditcoin" and yet be barred from Reddit!

I can't see it surviving a second if these measures are taken.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Even though I'm no fan of copyrights - using someone else's business name and logo like this is basically fraudulent in my book.

At least coinye could be somewhat defended in terms of free speech and satire.

This is just scummy.
Activity: 10
Hopefully everyone stayed away, any money given is surely lost  Cry
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Yep, it's really me.  I set the preferences to display the email on the profile of the account for this reason.  (Oddly, I didn't get a confirmation email yet, so this account isn't truly verified - if someone with standing on this board would like to email me to verify and then post back here to this thread, I'll reply; however please not everyone since, you know, I use that account for work)

Here is a selfie: http://i.imgur.com/0K7WQ1p.jpg (hopefully you can see the forum in the washed-out background)

+/u/reddtipbot 1000000 reddcoins

Hah, if only it was working on the forums now.  Maybe soon.
Activity: 13
Yep, it's really me.  I set the preferences to display the email on the profile of the account for this reason.  (Oddly, I didn't get a confirmation email yet, so this account isn't truly verified - if someone with standing on this board would like to email me to verify and then post back here to this thread, I'll reply; however please not everyone since, you know, I use that account for work)

Here is a selfie: http://i.imgur.com/0K7WQ1p.jpg (hopefully you can see the forum in the washed-out background)

+/u/reddtipbot 1000000 reddcoins
Activity: 210
Activity: 74
Activity: 23
Activity: 3

Activity: 160
Hi, this is Yishan from reddit.  I am the CEO of the company.

I just want to confirm that this is NOT affiliated with reddit in any way, and the developers responsible do NOT have permission to use our name or our logos.  Please do not "invest" in this (it also seems a bit scammy...).

Also, if the developers do move forward with launching the coin, we will be forced to take legal action to protect our trademarks (something you have to do to avoid dilution).  I don't want to do that, so I would really prefer it if the devs responsible for this would voluntarily shut down this project.  Again, it is not in any way sanctioned by reddit.

Thanks Yishan.  I wasn't expecting a post from the CEO of Reddit directly (or, at least someone claiming to be).  Either way, Reddit has an obligation to protect it's trademark if it wants to retain it.

Edit:  Actually, with the email address used for the profile, it seems like that actually is Yishan, as the email would need to be confirmed.
Activity: 28
Wow, Yishan Wong himseft.  Shocked

When you meet a celebrity on a forum, does it work the same as when you meet them in real life ? Can you brag about this ? Mr Wong, can we get a selfie together ?
Activity: 434
Hopefully Reddit will not allow this coin, just like Kayne West didn't.

IPO scam gg.
Activity: 3
Hi, this is Yishan from reddit.  I am the CEO of the company.

I just want to confirm that this is NOT affiliated with reddit in any way, and the developers responsible do NOT have permission to use our name or our logos.  Please do not "invest" in this (it also seems a bit scammy...).

Also, if the developers do move forward with launching the coin, we will be forced to take legal action to protect our trademarks (something you have to do to avoid dilution).  I don't want to do that, so I would really prefer it if the devs responsible for this would voluntarily shut down this project.  Again, it is not in any way sanctioned by reddit.

Pages:
Jump to: