Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ScryptAdaptive] KMC KimoCoin - KimotoCoin [5 EXCHANGES!] - page 4. (Read 85113 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Cryptomancer
difficulty up to 0.10413952
13 faucet users in 24 hours
active trading on Comkort
11 LTC in buy orders
Four days until the first negative adjustment to the block reward

Mining is profitable.  At the current reward, diff, and price one could rent a rig on leaserig or betarigs and sell the coins for a profit.
Cool
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Bring your trading to COMKORT exchange to enjoy highly user-friendly UI with great variety of features and wide range of cryptocurrencies. At COMKORT all of your trading issues will be attended promptly and professionally by our responsive tech-support team.

Everyday we are working to make your trading easy and efficient!
Cryptomancer
Well I'm working on the website, and it's about time to start filling in content. But I need a little help from you guys.

Here's some questions that need to be addressed:

What is our purpose for this coin?
What is the motive and goal?
Why should someone invest in our coin, and what sets us apart from other coins?
Should we be transparent about the block reward schedule, or will the huge number of coins in circulation scare people away?

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure there's more. I'll make another post if I come up with any. If anyone else thinks of anything or answers, please let us know!

What is our purpose for this coin? What is the motive and goal?

This coin was started by an Italian university student as a fun project to help educate and get people involved in crypto-currency.  Now that the project has been taken over by the community it has become an enjoyable project for a small community of miners and traders.  Currently the purpose of the coin is to provide entertainment for those who engage with it.  It is our goal to grow the community and adopt new purposes and to find use in trade.  Due to the small dedicated community KimoCoin offers a unique opportunity to study Micro-CryptoEconomics.  Furthermore it offers investment potential to those who engage with KimoCoin and help to grow the community.

KimoCoin has a colorful history.  It has a unique block reward schedule that builds up to maximum payout over the course of several months and decreases at a similar speed over several more months.  The distribution is an upside down V rather than the typical exponential decline exhibited by most coins.  Early adopters still have an advantage, but early adopter is redefined as people who join the community within the first few months rather than the first few weeks.  This has made the coin more fun to engage with as it is not a typical pump-and-dump altcoin designed to make the developers rich, rather it is a community experiment.  You should invest in our coin if you see growth potential and given the small size of our community all newcomers can make a difference and help to guide the future of our project.  Given the low price and ease of mining, there's very limited risk.  Currently the market cap is only around $1000, so even the smallest miners and traders can get a decent chunk of the distribution.

Should we be transparent about the block reward schedule, or will the huge number of coins in circulation scare people away?

Absolutely!  The block reward schedule should be displayed on the website, next to all the coin specs.  It's one of the unique features of our coin that makes it special and different.  We're here to have fun and to grow the coin and try to build value for our stakeholders.  An open community project needs transparency to thrive.  To do otherwise wouldn't be fun.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Cryptomancer
The front-page is mostly inactive pools. Are there any active?

I would recommend mining on kmc.1js.us.  0% fees.  Great time to start mining, block reward is at maximum.  You should also consider solo mining, even with a low hash rate you'll get blocks.
Activity: 280
time
The front-page is mostly inactive pools. Are there any active?
Activity: 160
Well I'm working on the website, and it's about time to start filling in content. But I need a little help from you guys.

Here's some questions that need to be addressed:

What is our purpose for this coin?
What is the motive and goal?

That's all I have for now, but I'm sure there's more. I'll make another post if I come up with any. If anyone else thinks of anything or answers, please let us know!
Cryptomancer
Great start, thanks for your contribution.  Things are looking up--increasing hashrate, minutes away from block 100,000, and active development.   Grin
Activity: 160
Ok, I've been doing some work on the webpage, let me know what you guys think.

Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlrfg1aozqp4cen/KimoWebsitePicture.PNG

Edit: Yes, it's modeled after the block explorer. I wrote the code myself, though.

Wooo figured out external style sheets! This is so much fun lol
Cryptomancer
I can't blame them as KMC trades in LTC and they only have a BTC market.  We'll work on more exchange support once the price starts rising.
Europex is unlisting KimoCoin  Angry
Activity: 104
Diff grow, new transactions on comkort.com and last day with such a big block reward =)

I think these are good news for kimocoin.

Diff up to 0.086, highest I've seen since forgetme bailed.  Seems some wise miners noticed that there's only a day and half left to mine before the block reward starts to decline.  Also there's a bit of trading activity on Comkort.   Cheesy
nice ))
Cryptomancer
Diff up to 0.086, highest I've seen since forgetme bailed.  Seems some wise miners noticed that there's only a day and half left to mine before the block reward starts to decline.  Also there's a bit of trading activity on Comkort.   Cheesy
Activity: 286
Faircoin Development Team Member
The faucet balance is up to nearly 3M.  Thank you to all donors, we have a really great group here!  At the current payout average of 10,000, that will service 300 draws.  The increased payout is working, as the faucet has been much more active.  After reviwing the faucet log, I'm pleased to report that we have several payouts to new addresses.  Only three days left until we reach the 100,000 block reward, so this is the time to start growing our community.  If the faucet balance continues to grow, I will increase the average payout again.  I would urge our top stakeholders to check on it periodically and continue to make donations as needed to keep the faucet service running strong.

No problem, I'll keep a close watch on the faucet Smiley
Cryptomancer
The faucet balance is up to nearly 3M.  Thank you to all donors, we have a really great group here!  At the current payout average of 10,000, that will service 300 draws.  The increased payout is working, as the faucet has been much more active.  After reviwing the faucet log, I'm pleased to report that we have several payouts to new addresses.  Only three days left until we reach the 100,000 block reward, so this is the time to start growing our community.  If the faucet balance continues to grow, I will increase the average payout again.  I would urge our top stakeholders to check on it periodically and continue to make donations as needed to keep the faucet service running strong.
Cryptomancer
Thanks for pitching in!  A strong faucet is really good for our coin.
Activity: 286
Faircoin Development Team Member
The faucet is located here:
http://explorer.kimocoin.com/faucet

The donation address is:
KkK9kBcxjWybrJ8JCddxKziXrBQaxmLvRd

Thanks for supporting our coin!

This is still so easy to mine! Smiley

Donated 250K to the faucet:
http://explorer.kimocoin.com/tx/32d955eee32398d2a752497d4604b0b1a107e0a0e227fa7e6052b63521c72dba

Cryptomancer
1M, very nice donation!
Pages:
Jump to: